Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? (22259 Views)

MARVEL Or DC: Who Is Your Favorite Superhero And Why? / Which Movie Was Your Best MARVEL Or DC Movie? / MARVEL Or DC: Which Side Are You On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by XavierBlue(m): 11:47am On Nov 26, 2017
damibravo:
Marvel is it for me...

DC can be dumb sometimes,
Imagine batman stopped beating superman because he said Martha..
And they became friends immediately...
Too dumb...

Suicide squad is bad ass tho, probably the only thing they did right..
exactly.. suicide squad is very interesting.. And DCs wonder man ain't worth the hype..

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Luukasz(m): 11:47am On Nov 26, 2017
I prefer Irokotv
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Dutchey(m): 11:48am On Nov 26, 2017
dc is killing it for nw
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Hades2016(m): 11:48am On Nov 26, 2017
Both ... But DC is more rugged
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by DaFlash: 11:48am On Nov 26, 2017
wale adenuga productions
WAP
"we are nothing but pencils in the hands of the creator"
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by fippycbk(m): 11:50am On Nov 26, 2017
No contest. It's marvel any time any day.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Shaw007(m): 11:50am On Nov 26, 2017
MCU for life, DC is so lame, just see their justice league for christsakes tongue tongue tongue

Avengers are the best super team cool cool

it's not even arguable.

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by jonbellion(m): 11:50am On Nov 26, 2017
Yonce:

Marvel rules the big screen; X-men Fantastic Four, Avengers, Guardians of the galaxy etc

Dc rules the small screen; Smallville, Arrow, Flash, Legends of tomorrow etc
marvel also rules the small screen still like luke cage, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D,daredevil etc

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by hipsyleema(f): 11:50am On Nov 26, 2017
DC movies does it for me
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Khaliyah(m): 11:51am On Nov 26, 2017
XavierBlue:
exactly.. suicide squad is very interesting.. And DCs wonder man ain't worth the hype..
They both flop sometimes cus guardians of the galaxy 2 ain't worth the hype either

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Aldebaran(m): 11:52am On Nov 26, 2017
DC comics all the way...

If you are not watching these series :Flash,Supergirl,legends of tomorrow,arrow,then you have missed alot grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by blingxx(m): 11:53am On Nov 26, 2017
kollinz1234:
Dc movies are for children while Marvel movies are for matured minds (talk about X-men) Marvel is an upgrade to D.C. My opinion though

Bro you are too naive... The truth is the opposite of what you are saying... Marvel is owned by Disney grin ...... And have you ever read any DC comic?

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by daresimon(m): 11:53am On Nov 26, 2017
I grew up reading mostly marvel comics, with little of DC and image comics. Marvel is much creative in their character design than the others . Marvel is the best
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by khvnggift(m): 11:54am On Nov 26, 2017
I prefer Marvel i dnt knw y flash is nt in Marvel oh ..
Bt u gat to agree dat sme DC movies re good.. Tak fr instance this years Wonder Woman it was a success

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by blingxx(m): 11:54am On Nov 26, 2017
damibravo:
Marvel is it for me...
DC can be dumb sometimes, Imagine batman stopped beating superman because he said Martha.. And they became friends immediately... Too dumb...
Suicide squad is bad ass tho, probably the only thing they did right..
Blame Zack Snyder for poor directing but DC is still the best

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Damfostopper(m): 11:55am On Nov 26, 2017
both are trash..... deadpool is the most useless movie of the year 2016.....apart from X-men, incredible hulk and Doctor strange ....others are wack overrated movies

5 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MobilityExpress: 11:56am On Nov 26, 2017
Sadly, Marvel movies always outclass DC movies: better storylines, better production, better effects, better costumes, a more realistic sci-fi scenery etc. But DC comics and cartoons are the best ever. DC movies have just not been up to par, and quite frankly have been ruining the legendary franchise. Now, i’m more excited about watching a Hulk movie or Avengers movie than watching another stale Batman movie or even a Superman or Justice league. DC really needs to go back to the drawing board on how solid superhero movies are done. Marvel is really winning. Ordinary Agents of the Shield will beat all DC movies hands down for a more engrossing play.

5 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by twosquare(m): 11:58am On Nov 26, 2017
Both
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by freeman4ever(m): 11:58am On Nov 26, 2017
DaFlash:
wale adenuga productions WAP "we are nothing but pencils in the hands of the creator"
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Horlufemi(m): 11:58am On Nov 26, 2017
It is stupid to compare Apples and Oranges undecided

I both are not perfect but I still enjoy them both.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Leyqute(m): 11:59am On Nov 26, 2017
Definitely Marvel. THey've got better writers, better heroes and overall are more successful.

DC is just starting to wake up. They still need to get their act together for the most part. The only area in which they have any sort of attractiveness is in their comic books.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by blingxx(m): 11:59am On Nov 26, 2017
Shaw007:
MCU for life, DC is so lame, just see their justice league for christsakes tongue tongue tongue

Avengers are the best super team cool cool

it's not even arguable.

People who say DC is lame probably never read the comics or watch the animations... Great stories like arkham asylum, the Flashpoint paradox, doomsday, the killing joke, Judas contract, justice league dark.... DC can destroy marvel if they wanted but Zack Snyder poor directing is killing dc

8 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by TheLogicalMind(m): 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel all the way. DC always tries to turn comic book superheroes into characters with layers of emotional depth. Never a good idea. If I only want to watch movies with serious characters and serious themes, then I will watch movies like "12 years a Slave", "Schindler's List"
" The Colour Purple" etc.

Comic book characters are just that: They are comic book characters. If you try to make them more than that,( which is what DC always tries to do) then you'll only end up losing most of your audience.

We only watch super hero movies to see incredible special effects , clever and witty word play, and clever storylines. Marvel ALWAYS delivers on all of these qualities. DC could borrow a leaf.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by oshe11: 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
Wich nonsense Justice league

Movie wen person dey watch like say na ps3

Only gud movie frm DC is suicide squad, Man of Steel n probably superman returns.....

But everytin written abt Marvel is greatgrin

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Santinojr: 12:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
Aldebaran:
DC comics all the way...

If you are not watching these series :Flash,Supergirl,legends of tomorrow,arrow,then you have missed alot grin
Super Girl Is Crap

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Yonce(f): 12:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
jonbellion:
marvel also rules the small screen still like luke cage, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D,daredevil etc

Marvel is trying to catch up on the small screen. DC shows have varying theme and are interconnected.
Last fall, you could start off at The Flash, continue the same storyline in Supergirl, move on to Legends of tomorrow the next day and round everything off on Arrow.

Marvel has storylines suited for the big screen (which the trump DC) , when it comes to tv shows, they hardly seem to know what they're doing. They churn out a lot of shows that never last more than a season, two at best.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by dominique(f): 12:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
Papiikush:
Fück DC movies... Marvel all the way.

Marvel movies are comic relief. Movies like Deadpool, spiderman, Guardians of the Galaxy et all.. cheesy

I Deadass thought Flash was a marvel production lipsrsealed

Stop being a sadist all the time. Ease up and have fun. undecided

I outgrew everything jare. There used to be a time I enjoyed those comic book adaptation movies. Now I prefer laid back dramatic movies (that's if I have time to watch movies)
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Leyqute(m): 12:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:
[b]Sadly, [/b]Marvel movies always outclass DC movies: better storylines, better production, better effects, better costumes, a more realistic sci-fi scenery etc. But DC comics and cartoons are the best ever. DC movies have just not been up to par, and quite frankly have been ruining the legendary franchise. Now, i’m more excited about watching a Hulk movie or Avengers movie than watching another stale Batman movie or even a Superman or Justice league. DC really needs to go back to the drawing board on how solid superhero movies are done. Marvel is really winning. Ordinary Agents of the Shield will beat all DC movies hands down for a more engrossing play.

Why are you sad about it? grin

DC were slumbering when Marvel was brainstorming new ideas. Now they've got more mainstream appeal, more audience and money. Even Marvel's series get more rep than DC's.

The Flash is the only one I watch nowadays BTW. Gotham started well but now the story is just rubbish. Marvel's got some pretty awesome series on the other hand, and they're trying out new ideas based on their appeal. Just look at how they created a series out of Dare Devil, J. Jones, Luke Cage and the fist guy. DC's collaboration- legends of tomorrow, is wack. I couldn't watch the first season to the end.

Hopefully DC will meet up with them in the end but at the moment, the gap is veery wide.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Leyqute(m): 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
blingxx:

People who say DC is lame probably never read the comics or watch the animations... Great stories like arkham asylum, the Flashpoint paradox, doomsday, the killing joke, Judas contract, justice league dark.... DC can destroy marvel if they wanted but Zack Snyder poor directing is killing dc

Then they should get a brilliant direcotr biko. Not everyone has the time to read comic books nowadays. Movies have a bigger audience than comics.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Papiikush: 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
dominique:

I outgrew everything jare. There used to be a time I enjoyed those comic book adaptation movies. Now I prefer laid back dramatic movies (that's if I have time to watch movies)
You don't have time during the weekend too?

Was hoping to take you out one of these weekends smiley
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Leopantro: 12:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:
Sadly, Marvel movies always outclass DC movies: better storylines, better production, better effects, better costumes, a more realistic sci-fi scenery etc. But DC comics and cartoons are the best ever. DC movies have just not been up to par, and quite frankly have been ruining the legendary franchise. Now, i’m more excited about watching a Hulk movie or Avengers movie than watching another stale Batman movie or even a Superman or Justice league. DC really needs to go back to the drawing board on how solid superhero movies are done. Marvel is really winning. Ordinary Agents of the Shield will beat all DC movies hands down for a more engrossing play.

my thoughts exactly.
DC has the characters but Marvel is winning the movies.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Collinz2(m): 12:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
Aldebaran:
DC comics all the way...

all these movies are crap.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Why I Feel I’ll Be Evicted Tonight – Queen / Omashola: "I Am Ready To Mingle With Venita, I Will Cry If I Get Evicted" / Pharmsavi Evicted From The Big Brother Naija House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.