Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,957 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? (22234 Views)

MARVEL Or DC: Who Is Your Favorite Superhero And Why? / Which Movie Was Your Best MARVEL Or DC Movie? / MARVEL Or DC: Which Side Are You On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Leyqute(m): 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2017
oshe11:
Wich nonsense Justice league

Movie wen person dey watch like say na ps3

Only gud movie frm DC is suicide squad, Man of Steel n probably superman returns.....

But everytin written abt Marvel is greatgrin

Justice League 2017, for all the publicity it got, for me, is just meh. I'm not saying it's a bad movie, it just doesn't measure up to the expectation.

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Henry1006(m): 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2017
ehemwhy:
Marvel all the way ....which of them owns Dr Strange ?
Marvel grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Alwaysking: 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
I love both
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Leyqute(m): 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
Damfostopper:
both are trash..... deadpool is the most useless movie of the year 2016.....apart from X-men, incredible hulk and Doctor strange ....others are wack overrated movies

What about Iron man I, II and III?

BTW, Dr. Strange is a Marvel character, not DC.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by oshe11: 12:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
Leyqute:

Justice League 2017, for all the publicity it got, for me, is just meh. I'm not saying it's a bad movie, it just doesn't measure up to the expectation.
Yeah......

I wasted abt 1gb on it.....

All I see is similar fights dat av bn installed like brutality n fatality of mortal combat...
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MobilityExpress: 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
Leyqute:
Definitely Marvel. THey've got better writers, better heroes and overall are more successful.

DC is just starting to wake up. They still need to get their act together for the most part. The only area in which they have any sort of attractiveness is in their comic books.

DC has the coolest and best superheroes. In fact, many of the Marvel heroes are imitations of DC: Tony Stark aka Iron Man is an imitation of Bruce Wayne aka Batman; Nova Corps is an imitation of Green Lantern Corps; Deadpool is an imitation of Deathstroke; Avengers is an imitation of Justice League; Hawkeye is a imitation of Green Arrow etc. Besides, there’s no single Marvel superhero that can defeat Superman. Superman will defeat all of them combined. DC comics superheroes are the greatest and best. Unfortunately their production movies suck, that’s all!

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Weirdmuzik: 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel for me ... they have more realistic superheroes .... my opinion tho
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Xmen149(m): 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
Khaliyah:

What's not fair, even d so called marvel don't own all their characters but DC Owns all their character

Na,wonder woman was not under DC DC before..its
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Edenoscar2(m): 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
Yonce:

Marvel is trying to catch up on the small screen. DC shows have varying theme and are interconnected.
Last fall, you could start off at The Flash, continue the same storyline in Supergirl, move on to Legends of tomorrow the next day and round everything off on Arrow.

Marvel has storylines suited for the big screen (which the trump DC) , when it comes to tv shows, they hardly seem to know what they're doing. They churn out a lot of shows that never last more than a season, two at best.
both supergirl and legends of tomorrow are flops,only arrow makes sense there

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MobilityExpress: 12:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
Leopantro:

my thoughts exactly.
DC has the characters but Marvel is winning the movies.

Word!
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Damfostopper(m): 12:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
Leyqute:

What about Iron man I, II and III?

BTW, Dr. Strange is a Marvel character, not DC.
I was emphasizing on marvel .....i no even mention DC... cos na dem worst pass... wasted mb watching wonder Woman... d rest are useless too

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel's universe is well coordinated and well written and it takes years to develop....while DC just rush so that they can also be like marvel and have a big universe but most of the movies are crap..excluding wonder woman.while watching batmsn vs superman..I slept off that is how boring that sh*t is. .. grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Leyqute(m): 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
oshe11:

Yeah......

I wasted abt 1gb on it.....

All I see is similar fights dat av bn installed like brutality n fatality of mortal combat...

I saw it at the cinema with a friend. The story line is not even interesting and for the life of me, I can't even remember it at the moment or anything spectacular about it.

I saw the Spiderman movie many months ago and I still remember the story, its premise and the shocking plot twist.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Xionez(m): 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
ehemwhy:
Marvel all the way ....which of them owns Dr Strange ?

Marvel.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by femi4: 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel anytime, apart from Superman, other DC characters no make sense

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Shaw007(m): 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
blingxx:

People who say DC is lame probably never read the comics or watch the animations... Great stories like arkham asylum, the Flashpoint paradox, doomsday, the killing joke, Judas contract, justice league dark.... DC can destroy marvel if they wanted but Zack Snyder poor directing is killing dc
DC is LAME undecided

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by nNEOo(m): 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
Dc .....I grew up with their cartoons I love you guys good job marvel ? Comic relief grin
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by 3mmyz(m): 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel any day.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by victorvezx(m): 12:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel movies any day
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MrBONE2(m): 12:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
Kingsley121:
I’m a subscriber to a TV/movies bbm channel and lately I’ve been seeing the hype about The newly released 2017 “Justice league” (DC Movie). Even If I haven’t seen the movie though, but I felt no adrenaline rush seeing, BVS (Batman vs Superman), Suicide Squad or even the much publicized Wonder Woman. Recent reviews from my DC Fan boys are of the opinion that Zack Snyder directed scenes would have made the movie a whole lot better, but that’s consolation talk for money gone down the drain.
With an estimated $300 million dollars for the movie, the best it could do was rake in at least half of the money spent on film production, but no, it raked in a meagre $95 million dollars on its first week. Maybe Rotten tomatoes ranking of 41% was a deciding factor for movie maniacs too.
Dc’s publicity and hype about its movies are unparalleled, but I’d stick with Marvel anytime anyday.
“Thor Ragnarok” is out and it has already raked in More than half of its estimated budget in its first week and I’ll be damned if it doesn’t cross the $1 billion dollar mark before the year runs out.
And for those that don’t know Dc movies or Marvel Movies, Here are some of their productions

Marvel Movies
Captain America (Winter Soldier, Civil war etc)
Marvel Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Doctor Strange
Deadpool
Thor
Thor Ragnarok
X men
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk etc

Now for Dc Movies
Justice League
Suicide squad
Wonder Woman
BVS
The dark knight rises
Man of steel
Cat woman
Superman Returns etc

So, my esteemed readers, would u rather go for a Dc movie or a Marvel movie?

Your comments and opinions are Welcomed

Source:http://lionsforum.com.ng/tvmovies/dc-movies-are-over-hyped/
Am Proudly Marvelous Fan grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by 3mmyz(m): 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:

DC has the coolest and best superheroes. In fact, many of the Marvel heroes are imitations of DC: Tony Stark aka Iron Man is an imitation of Bruce Wayne aka Batman; Nova Corps is an imitation of Green Lantern Corps; Deadpool is an imitation of Deathstroke; Avengers is an imitation of Justice League; Hawkeye is a imitation of Green Arrow etc. Besides, there’s no single Marvel superhero that can defeat Superman. Superman will defeat all of them combined. DC comics superheroes are the greatest and best. Unfortunately their production movies suck, that’s all!

Hulk would defeat Superman any day, he's the meteor rock (green) alone
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MobilityExpress: 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
Leyqute:

Why are you sad about it? grin

DC were slumbering when Marvel was brainstorming new ideas. Now they've got more mainstream appeal, more audience and money. Even Marvel's series get more rep than DC's.

The Flash is the only one I watch nowadays BTW. Gotham started well but now the story is just rubbish. Marvel's got some pretty awesome series on the other hand, and they're trying out new ideas based on their appeal. Just look at how they created a series out of Dare Devil, J. Jones, Luke Cage and the fist guy. DC's collaboration- legends of tomorrow, is wack. I couldn't watch the first season to the end.

Hopefully DC will meet up with them in the end but at the moment, the gap is veery wide.

I really enjoy the Gotham series. One of the few consolations from DC grin. Hope they catch up really soon before Marvel gets light years ahead.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by honestpoju: 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
Who knows where to download Thor Ragnarok ?
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Leyqute(m): 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:

For all of their power and wealth (I don't want to go down that lane), DC's superheroes don't have the swag and appeal Marvel's heroes command.

DC's Batman is the only hero with any appeal, and Ben Afleck isn't doing a fantastic job BTW. Marvel now has Benedict Cumberbach as Dr. Strange and you've just gotta love Robert Downing Jr. Have you seen any Hulk movie?

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Kurupt01: 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
Yonce:

Marvel rules the big screen; X-men Fantastic Four, Avengers, Guardians of the galaxy etc

Dc rules the small screen; Smallville, Arrow, Flash, Legends of tomorrow etc

That is about to end, marvel series are making headway on small screen too. Check out The Gifted , The Punisher , Runaways , Legion etc.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel!
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MrBONE2(m): 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
kollinz1234:
Dc movies are for children while Marvel movies are for matured minds (talk about X-men) Marvel is an upgrade to D.C. My opinion though
Noted and Seconded grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by sontoly: 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel rules the big screen movies and have a wide public appeal, the heroes r realistic and have good combat abilities such as captain america, black panther, spiderman, winter soldier.

watch winter soldier was like the best hand to hand combact scene i ever seen then came civil war and i was like men can it get any better??,

DC have low public appeal nothing special, there heroes r unrealistically over powered making it difficult for them to engage in a physical combact, they only end up showing brute strength which is so boring to watch.

Marvel rules it for me right now cos even the defenders and dare devil is grt to watch.

DC needs to do more on there characters probably reduce the over powering.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Leyqute(m): 12:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:

I really enjoy the Gotham series. One of the few consolations from DC grin. Hope they catch up really soon before Marvel gets light years ahead.

I enjoyed Gotham season I and II (especially II). From there it went downhill. The story just became...wack. I don't even bother to download it again. I've suffered enough.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by taurusdude0(m): 12:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
All I know is I love sci-fi movies and they both offer it,so I don't pick,I just enjoy.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by kullozone(m): 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2017
The worst so far is Batman vs Superman. Very senseless movie.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by iamnlia(m): 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2017
Leyqute:

Why are you sad about it? grin

DC were slumbering when Marvel was brainstorming new ideas. Now they've got more mainstream appeal, more audience and money. Even Marvel's series get more rep than DC's.

The Flash is the only one I watch nowadays BTW. Gotham started well but now the story is just rubbish. Marvel's got some pretty awesome series on the other hand, and they're trying out new ideas based on their appeal. Just look at how they created a series out of Dare Devil, J. Jones, Luke Cage and the fist guy. DC's collaboration- legends of tomorrow, is wack. I couldn't watch the first season to the end.

Hopefully DC will meet up with them in the end but at the moment, the gap is veery wide.
Disgraceful analysis.
Even though I stopped watching much action series, I have watched or tried to watch all Marvel and DC series and the only Marvel series that ain't wack are Daredevil, agents of shield and the Punisher. The rest are hot smoking turds. The only DC movie that is rubbish is Supergirl, legends of tomorrow became better in season two after a shitty first season.

As for cinematic universe, we all know that Marvel makes better movies than DC because the Marvel movies encompass all the storyline attributes for a success while DC gives shitty storyline and loads of action.

At the end there's no gap and it boils down to personal preference.

P.s: I'm sorry if I appear vulgar.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

All About Camillia- Todo Sobre Camillia / BBNaija: "I Have Never Had Sex" - Cee-C Insists / #EndSARS Campaign Featured On Al Jazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.