Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? (22262 Views)

MARVEL Or DC: Who Is Your Favorite Superhero And Why? / Which Movie Was Your Best MARVEL Or DC Movie? / MARVEL Or DC: Which Side Are You On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by BonkoINC: 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
Op just had to add cat woman to DC's list..
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by LasoulMacuby(m): 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
Terminator1234g:
Let me use this medium to say Allah is the only way. This is just a reminder.
Ogun fire u and that your Allah. We talking movies, u talking Allah. Beta take ur time and don't bring ur religious inclinations here. Ode. . .

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Prechy2836(m): 1:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
Yup! Another argument when no go ever end like PES vs FIFA, WIZKID vs DAVIDO, MESSI vs RONALDO... in the end it just boils down to choice and personal preference and/or wat you're used to or started with

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by gabe: 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
Terminator1234g:
Let me use this medium to say Allah is the only way. This is just a reminder.
is he a DC or Marvel character?

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by BruncleZuma: 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
Feraz:
Are you sure Marvel existed before DC? Check well bros!!! Many characters in Maevel have an equivalent in DC. Heck, they kinda imitated DC...

I was expecting this argument. It's been argued here previously by people like iice and facts pasted.

Search for the canons and read. No matter the version of Hulk, he can't defeat other versions of Superman. Hulk is NOT and has NEVER been on par with Superman!!!

OP, Marvel wins in terms of movies (love their character developments and how each connects) but when it comes to comics and cartoons, DC always has better storylines. DC equally has better superheroes compared to MCU.

Exactly. You also forgot Batman - Ironman
Deathstroke - Deadpool

The list is long and those were the ones I could write without suffering a burnout grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by BruncleZuma: 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
gabe:
is he a DC or Marvel character?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by BonkoINC: 1:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel all the way.
tho I watch both.
marvel is mature in all ramifications.
DC re crappy 'sometimes'
esp their TV shows.
super girl- trash
legends of tommorow- trash.
flash- trash trash trash.
lol
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Feraz(m): 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
sontoly:

storylines??, what do u mean by that??, r u talking of comics or big screen movies??, cos marvel has gotten there storyline figured out since, DC just rushed and combined justice league.
In terms of comics and cartoons, DC has better storylines. Try watching a Marvel cartoon (GOTG, Avengers), you'll puke. I mean, even racoon used a cellotape to blindfold almighty Thanos!!!! shocked

I have always enjoyed Marvel's Spiderman cos it seem to make sense both in cartoon and movie.

What argument next? Those who can lift Thor's Mjolnir and those who cannot? grin

bkool7:

Sorry about that. i just checked

They had like 5 years ahead of Marvel.

But back in the days Marvel just seems to have richer content and larger followers than DC.
Thats what gave me the impression
To Marvel's credit, I think Spiderman is one of their original character without imitation. The main reason why I think DC lost many followers is due to their movies and the fact that many complained that one of their main franchise - Superman - is overpowered.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Feraz(m): 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
BruncleZuma:

The list is long and those were the ones I could write without suffering a burnout grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin

Then imagine the ones they are still developing!!!

Frankly, I do not even know why DC made a series of their many franchise - Superman (Smallville), Flash, Arrow etc. . . To me, it made it so common and lose that appeal it had unlike Capt. America, Ironman, Hulk etc.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2017

Marvel always.

Creativity.
DC lacks creativity, the BVS was excessively long and boring, watched over 2days slept off alot,the thought of batman going against superman is just ridiculous,
Also DC lacks the ability to visually portray the capabilities of it heroes, a quick look at quicksilver and flash.
Flash on the factsheet and specs is obviously faster than quicksilver but DC cannot portray in its movie.
The quicksilver kitchen scene in xmen was very good or the explosion scene in the newest xmen movie,where he saved everybody b4 the impact of the explosion took place,merely looking at that one would think quicksilver is faster.

Plothole.
Dc is plaqued with plotholes even movie that hav critical acclaim are filled with plotholes.
Eg suicide squad- a squad was formed and eventually the main villian was an iniitial member of the squad , in otherwords the whole squad crisis would hav been solved by not forming the squad at all.
Wonderwoman was bland , lacked action the last scene with Aries in the airport was horrible. How she morphed and all The whole surrounding changes color obviously CGI and the inspirational speech she was giving while fighting was just wack,
it probably sold out because women around the world need a hero to look up to.

Flash series is the worst of all stupid plotholes,God!!!!
flash apparently grows stronger with encouragement, flash that supposed to be a joyful carefree soul is saddled with sad emotions,
What is cisco a physicist? Physician? Chemist? He has solutions to virtually everything they face.
Eventually everybody in that movie will be a flash.
The movie actually reduces the IQ of its viewers. Please do not watch that series.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by BruncleZuma: 1:36pm On Nov 26, 2017
Feraz:
grin grin grin

Then imagine the ones they are still developing!!!

Frankly, I do not even know why DC made a series of their many franchise - Superman (Smallville), Flash, Arrow etc. . . To me, it made it so common and lose that appeal it had unlike Capt. America, Ironman, Hulk etc.

They made a killing with Smallville so it corrupted them to think they'd make same killing back to back...
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Apollux(m): 1:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
Kingsley121:
I’m a subscriber to a TV/movies bbm channel and lately I’ve been seeing the hype about The newly released 2017 “Justice league” (DC Movie). Even If I haven’t seen the movie though, but I felt no adrenaline rush seeing, BVS (Batman vs Superman), Suicide Squad or even the much publicized Wonder Woman. Recent reviews from my DC Fan boys are of the opinion that Zack Snyder directed scenes would have made the movie a whole lot better, but that’s consolation talk for money gone down the drain.
With an estimated $300 million dollars for the movie, the best it could do was rake in at least half of the money spent on film production, but no, it raked in a meagre $95 million dollars on its first week. Maybe Rotten tomatoes ranking of 41% was a deciding factor for movie maniacs too.
Dc’s publicity and hype about its movies are unparalleled, but I’d stick with Marvel anytime anyday.
“Thor Ragnarok” is out and it has already raked in More than half of its estimated budget in its first week and I’ll be damned if it doesn’t cross the $1 billion dollar mark before the year runs out.
And for those that don’t know Dc movies or Marvel Movies, Here are some of their productions

Marvel Movies
Captain America (Winter Soldier, Civil war etc)
Marvel Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Doctor Strange
Deadpool
Thor
Thor Ragnarok
X men
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk etc

Now for Dc Movies
Justice League
Suicide squad
Wonder Woman
BVS
The dark knight rises
Man of steel
Cat woman
Superman Returns etc

So, my esteemed readers, would u rather go for a Dc movie or a Marvel movie?

Your comments and opinions are Welcomed

Source:http://lionsforum.com.ng/tvmovies/dc-movies-are-over-hyped/
The truth about it is, when it comes to comics story telling and cartoons, DC beats Marvel hands down. But for movies, Marvel takes the lead. A major reason for DC's set back in the cinema is the constant interference from Warner brothers. Do u know that in the latest Justice League movie, Warner brothers insisted the movie must not go beyond 2hrs so a lot of scenes were cut off, even some of the scenes from the trailers were not there. They also did several reshoots. These all affected the final outcome of the movie.
I watched the Justice League movie, it was nice, but could have really been better. Too many missed opportunities to make the movie a blast. Couldn't help the feeling that Aquaman looks just so much like Thor.

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Chiino(m): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2017
marvel has been making me proud since childhood...marvel one way! DC ke? only Batman has up to 10 different varieties
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Aleruchi3(m): 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel anytime
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by UncutSk(m): 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
marvel dafuq. Stan Lee my man
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Vacora(m): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2017
We are talking about Hollywood and cinema. We are also talking blockbusters and directors. DC comics and Marvel comics are two different comic worlds or distinct ecosystems, some prefer apples, so prefer carrots, saying with is better is clearly subjective. Another thing is how many Nigerians actually go to the cinema or pay for content in Nigeria or actually read or buy graphic novels? This goes to the kids who have been coming with cart blanche statements on which of these comic companies is better or which comic book adaption is best.

I will consider the avid comic reader and their tastes. Hollywood is running out of ideas. All we keep seeing is reboots and team ups with all major comic heroes crammed onto the screen, avid comic and graphic novel fans are hating the malaise. Deadpool bucked the trend. It was the highest grossing R rated comic book adaptation, it outgrossed the nausea inducing Batman vs Superman and did well at the box office with $782 million. Deadpool was hilarious and gritty, it was adult fun and I adored the sarcasm, innuendos and all pop references or quips especially the gratuitous violence. So the guy who said it was overrated rubbish clearly does know what he is on about. So Marvel wins here just like Kick Ass or Punisher (Netflix), please read the graphic novels, kids commenting like they know about movies and comics just irks me.
For me the best graphic novel of all time goes to The Watchmen, Zack Sydner was able to translate it to film which most directors and producers thought would be impossible to shoot or create. The story is complex and the ending is a beauty. Rosarch is the man for me in Watchmen. He was brilliant directing 300 also (another graphic novel).

BvsS suffered because of the change in directors. There were huge expectations especially coming on the back of the phenomenal successes of the Batman franchise under Christopher Nolan.

For me, Christopher Nolan has had the best run of directing Batman. Sydner came on to direct after Nolan's epic trilogy - Batman Begins, Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises, all my favourite Batman movies which I proudly own on Blu Ray. Nolan drew inspiration from the graphic novels and his interpretations found major appeal with film audiences mostly adults because of the themes explored such as loss, sacrifice, fall from grace, hero worship, chaos theory, evil and injustice etc so for me DC has it here. Han Zimmer produces an amazing score and soundtrack. Those movies will continue to resonate with people for many years to come and the topic explored are still relevant today especially in the US.

I thoroughly enjoyed Wonder Woman, the fight choreography and her theme soundtrack is glorious and thumping so DC for me.

I suspected Justice League would suffer after the backlash of BvsS, Sydner alienated fans when he decided to cast Ben Affleck as Batman, then the ridiculous story of Martha, Doomsday was a CGI mess and did not look remotely true to the comic. He whopped Superman's arse and killed him in a long battle. The guy who played Lex Luthor was an annoying weasel, his name escapes me(good actor though but crapy portrayal) but he seems to have found his character as his hair was being cropped off in the ending scene. Wonder Woman saved this movie for me.

P.S I have tried getting into Preacher(another graphic novel not from DC or Marvel comics) I do not find any of the characters appealing and I watched a few episodes and just lost interest.

Honorable mentions - Logan, Iron Man, Avengers, Captain America Winter Soldier, Blade and Blade II, Xmen [/b]and [b]Kingsman - Secret Service. I am looking forward to Black Panther and shall be rocking my 9ja native to the cinema for my favourite African superhero from Wakanda. Joss Whedon seems to have done a good job directing Marvel blockbusters so does Matthew Vaughn for Kick Ass, Kingsman and the Xmen - First Class.

So for me both comic houses or studios will continue to fight for screen time and there is no best in the never ending battle of summer blockbusters.

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by bidak(m): 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
For feature films (normal 2 hours) movies marvel is better xmen, avengers , capital America..for series DC movies is better arrow ,flash, smallville
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by periphetes: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
As for me Marvel all the way, there movies beginning to the end action packed (watch Deadpool so horrific & funny grin grin) .. Marvel as got Best realistic technology that could exist.

I wonder at times who's gonna beat the crap out of the other between

HULK (marvel) VS Superman (Dc)

Watcha ya think?
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Hanabian: 2:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
It's funny how all the peeps shouting X-men didn't know it is not a Marvel Franchise... Bunch of ignorants forming comic lovers!!

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by ritababe(f): 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2017
Santinojr:
Super Girl Is Crap

very useless
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MobilityExpress: 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
sontoly:

your write up there sounds like my 10yr old cousin, "superman will defeat all of them" , thats d problem, if superman is so powerful then why the need of justice league??, DC made a big mistake by overpowering each of there character.

Marvel has a way of making the characters realistic and good to watch, people like to see a hero fight and be beaten and not someone that will throw one punch n the movie is over.

People wants to be entertained and Marvel is doing a nice work DC is doing bad.

moreover Justice league is not up to expectations, its so overhyped.

Marvel movies right now are far better no doubt, but that’s as best as it gets. But as far as comics and animated cartoons are concerned, till today DC > Marvel. I grew up reading comics and watching loads of hardcore superhero cartoons, not the Tom & Jerry and Sponge Bob types for kids of today grin!

Let me explain something about Superman to you. In the comic world, Superman holds himself back and uses maybe like 10% of his capabilities when dealing with others in order not to indiscriminately kill anyone and anything in his way with impunity and nobody can bring him to justice. So he always plays cool and limits himself most of the time, always playing Mr Nice Goody-two-shoes. But when you witness the real power of Superman, he’s not just an extraordinary Superhero, he’s almost a god! He killed Darkseid, even Doomsday. In the alternate universe where Superman was evil, only Superman could defeat Superman, nobody else. Superman in his true self has virtually unlimited strength and power, genius intelligence with speed faster than the speed of light - only The Flash in his fastest prime (speed force) can outrun him. In the comic world, Superman bench pressed planets. Do you know the kind of power it takes to bench press one planet alone, talk less of “planets”. Superman lifted Mageddon, which is millions of times heavier than the sun. Another time they tested his strength and he lifted an object that weighed about 200 quintillion tons (= 200 billion billion tons) and he lifted it with only one hand grin. The evil Superman (aka Ultraman) lifted Book of pages alone, something the good Superman tried to lift and couldn’t. Equal strength, equal abilities but different attitudes, which further proves that Superman (good guy) always holds back. There was a time he got pissed and knocked WonderWoman unconscious with one punch only, the almighty Amazonian Princess grin . Even Batman always carries Kryptonite with him everywhere he goes just in case Superman ever goes rogue. And Batman is the ultimate standard in the Comicverse. If Batman is afraid of something, then everyone else had better be 1 million times more afraid of that thing grin because Rule #1 of the Comicverse “BATMAN IS ALWAYS RIGHT”. Rule #2, “The answer is always Batman” grin

This is the most famous quote from Superman:

“That man won't quit as long as he can still draw a breath [*Superman talking about Batman*]. None of my teammates will. Me [Superman talking about himself]? I've [Superman] got a different problem. I [Superman] feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am.” grin grin grin Now see the clip below to see a little glimpse of what happens when Superman doesn’t hold himself back :

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zexXH3lS8Uw

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MobilityExpress: 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
Leopantro:

Bros, Hulk will kill Superman. period. we just finished an argument last week about this. Doomsday kill Superman but Hulk beat Doomsday. i even watched a one hour video where HULK vs Doomsday fight was analyzed to death and Doomsday won.
i agree DC own the characters but Marvel is winning in regards to the Movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8a8UJnk2HY

Hulk can’t even defeat Iron Man, an ordinary human being inside a breakable metal suit. Hulk is not even a worthy opponent. He’s far below his league.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by ritababe(f): 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
Leyqute:

I enjoyed Gotham season I and II (especially II). From there it went downhill. The story just became...wack. I don't even bother to download it again. I've suffered enough.

same with me
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by 25thJOE(m): 2:09pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel movies are better in terms of plubicity and popularity but DC movies are deeper, darker, realistic and more matured. In marvel it's all about the superheroes saving the world but in DC it's made in a way that portrays how the world will be if superheroes existed, and their different ideologies eg, batman Vs superman . Like in suicide squad some of the viiiains have sad backstories, which shows that sometimes it's situations that makes a person actions good or evil .
Besides DC in general terms beats marvel in comic books, video games, TV series etc

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Karleb(m): 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by MobilityExpress: 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
Leyqute:

For all of their power and wealth (I don't want to go down that lane), DC's superheroes don't have the swag and appeal Marvel's heroes command.

DC's Batman is the only hero with any appeal, and Ben Afleck isn't doing a fantastic job BTW. Marvel now has Benedict Cumberbach as Dr. Strange and you've just gotta love Robert Downing Jr. Have you seen any Hulk movie?

Yes, seen the Mark Ruffalo Hulk movies. From my very first comment here, I already said Marvel movies are far better (right now), but still DC rules the world of comics and animated cartoons. DC is still far better in this aspect.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Oduwils222(m): 2:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
dominique:
None smiley

Both are over hyped over budgeted movies filled with unrealistic effects.

I seriously agree with you
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by LegendaryArnold(m): 2:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
Marvel 100%!!!
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by blingxx(m): 2:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

No difference, they've been copying each other since 1939.

Flash - Quicksilver
Martian - Manhunter
Antman - Atom
Thanos - Darkseid
Dr Fate - Dr Strange
Banshee - Silver Banshee
Booster Gold - Long Shot
Hawkman - Angel
Clayface - Sandman
Moon Knight - Dark Knight
The list is long so dere gawa zie

Deadshot - Deadpool... Marvel have been copying DC characters since 1939

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by sontoly: 2:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:

Marvel movies right now are far better no doubt, but that’s as best as it gets. But as far as comics and animated cartoons are concerned, till today DC > Marvel. I grew up reading comics and watching loads of hardcore superhero cartoons, not the Tom & Jerry and Sponge Bob types for kids of today grin!

Let me explain something about Superman to you. In the comic world, Superman holds himself back and uses maybe like 10% of his capabilities when dealing with others in order not to indiscriminately kill anyone and anything in his way with impunity and nobody can bring him to justice. So he always plays cool and limits himself most of the time, always playing Mr Nice Goody-two-shoes. But when you witness the real power of Superman, he’s not just an extraordinary Superhero, he’s almost a god! He killed Darkseid, even Doomsday. In the alternate universe where Superman was evil, only Superman could defeat Superman, nobody else. Superman in his true self has virtually unlimited strength and power, genius intelligence with speed faster than the speed of light - only The Flash in his fastest prime (speed force) can outrun him. In the comic world, Superman bench pressed planets. Do you know the kind of power it takes to bench press one planet alone, talk less of “planets”. Superman lifted Mageddon, which is millions of times heavier than the sun. Another time they tested his strength and he lifted an object that weighed about 200 quintillion tons (= 200 billion billion tons) and he lifted it with only one hand grin. The evil Superman (aka Ultraman) lifted Book of pages alone, something the good Superman tried to lift and couldn’t. Equal strength, equal abilities but different attitudes, which further proves that Superman (good guy) always holds back. There was a time he got pissed and knocked WonderWoman unconscious with one punch only, the almighty Amazonian Princess grin . Even Batman always carries Kryptonite with him everywhere he goes just in case Superman ever goes rogue. And Batman is the ultimate standard in the Comicverse. If Batman is afraid of something, then everyone else had better be 1 million times more afraid of that thing grin because Rule #1 of the Comicverse “BATMAN IS ALWAYS RIGHT”. Rule #2, “The answer is always Batman” grin

This is the most famous quote from Superman:

“That man won't quit as long as he can still draw a breath [*Superman talking about Batman*]. None of my teammates will. Me [Superman talking about himself]? I've [Superman] got a different problem. I [Superman] feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am.” grin grin grin Now see the clip below to see a little glimpse of what happens when Superman doesn’t hold himself back :

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zexXH3lS8Uw

You seem fascinated with comics, i know the OP is talking about movies and marvel is the best.

Probably superman will do better as a villain than a hero then will Dc mean business.

The Irony is that DC cant produce decent movies now cos they so much overpowered their character from superman, wonderwoman and aquaman and DC characters majorly r myths not even realistic.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by sontoly: 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
MobilityExpress:

Hulk can’t even defeat Iron Man, an ordinary human being inside a breakable metal suit. Hulk is not even a worthy opponent. He’s far below his league.

yeah like batman almost killed supper man if not for martha

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by blingxx(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hanabian:
It's funny how all the peeps shouting X-men didn't know it is not a Marvel Franchise... Bunch of ignorants forming comic lovers!!

I dey tell you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Why I Feel I’ll Be Evicted Tonight – Queen / Omashola: "I Am Ready To Mingle With Venita, I Will Cry If I Get Evicted" / Pharmsavi Evicted From The Big Brother Naija House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.