Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami (17773 Views)

Ippis Enrollment: ASUU Slams Agf, Ahmed Idris, Says He Couldn't Pass Ican Exam / I Didn't Buy N187m Official Vehicle, Sanwo-olu Replies PDP / Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by miqos03: 9:48pm On Nov 25, 2017
but u bought it sha?

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by bluecircle470: 9:48pm On Nov 25, 2017
jerseyboy:

All na arrangee. All na stealing. Him too be thief.

poor reasoning. when has it become a crime to buy a recovered asset, or should the asset be burned? nawaoooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by miqos03: 9:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
Alexgeneration:
He should have waited for the case to be concluded before paying for the property.
that will increase the value of the property bro. na smartness
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by CloudResident(m): 9:52pm On Nov 25, 2017
E be like say this AGF guy don dey take to much skushi lately grin
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Boyooosa(m): 10:02pm On Nov 25, 2017
merit455:
Who do we believe?
Nobody.
BTW, I ll like ti hear from that his son, falz on this.
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
bluecircle470:

poor reasoning. when has it become a crime to buy a recovered asset, or should the asset be burned? nawaoooo

Who say ojoro no dey for sale of AMCON properties?

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by seunmsg(m): 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2017
UncleJudax:

Only public servants are thieves?

No. But when it comes to looting public treasury, someone who has not occupied any public office before can still be believed over someone who had occupied public office all his life.
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by HarunaWest(m): 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2017
LadyExcellency:
Who gave Falana one billion naira.

May be, he is one of the thieves.

Falana is into real estate....in fact the last house I resided in Ikeja was managed by his coy Falana Properties...that's where he makes d bulk of his money....in fact he was even d one that inspired me to read estate management... so I don't think investing in a property worth 1 bill should be a Biggy for him cos,he buy and sells as land appreciates.
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2017
LadyExcellency:
Who gave Falana one billion naira.
May be, he is one of the thieves.
Ngakwe #StopBitchAttitude. Read & use your brain.
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by ivolt: 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
UncleJudax:

Only public servants are thieves?

Yes, wouldn't it be foolish if I accuse you of stealing public funds when you
were never in a position to steal such funds?
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Alexgeneration(m): 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2017
miqos03:
that will increase the value of the property bro. na smartness
The smartness then means he bought the property from AMCON whom the property was forfeited to.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by seunmsg(m): 10:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
Alexgeneration:
The smartness then means he bought the property from AMCON whom the property was forfeited to.

How?
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by miqos03: 10:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
Alexgeneration:
The smartness then means he bought the property from EFCC whom the property was forfeited to.
read the story again boss, EFCC is not the same as AMCON
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Reference(m): 10:25pm On Nov 25, 2017
By 2019 they will all be demystified.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by DonCandido(f): 10:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
bumi10:
Following the allegation leveled against him, human rights lawyer, Femi Falana has denied ever buying any property in Maitama District, Abuja, from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Recall that the Attorney-General of the federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami was reported to have said the property worth N1 billion was sold to “a Lagos lawyer”. The property said to have been recovered by the presidential task force on pension reform, was linked to Abdulrasheed Maina, who is currently wanted by the EFCC.

According to Falana (SAN)

In a statement on Saturday, Malami said he never bought any property from the EFCC. He added that the house in question was one of the assets used to collateralize a loan obtained from Bank PHB by A Group Properties “over 10 years ago”.

“Hence, I have decided to join issues with Malami over his false claim that the EFCC had sold the property in question to me.” “Contrary to Malami’s claim I never bought any property from the EFCC”.

“He (Malami) would also have found that the property is a subject matter of a suit which is currently pending before the federal high court sitting at Abuja. (See Suit No /2015 between Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria v A Group Properties Limited).

“The suit was instituted by AMCON due to the failure of the company to liquidate the loan. In granting the ex parte application filed by AMCON in the matter the court ordered an interim forfeiture of the assets of A Group Properties Limited including No 42, Gana Street, Maitama District, Abuja. The said order was granted on November 11, 2015.

“However, in a bid to pay the loan, A Group Properties Limited decided to sell some of the properties. The sale of the property in question to me was made subject to the setting aside of the order of interim forfeiture which had been obtained by AMCON.

“Up till now, the case has not been concluded as the parties have asked for time to resolve the dispute amicably and file terms of settlement. To that extent, the transaction on the property remains inchoate.”

“Having regard to the facts and circumstances of this case, Maina’s allegation that the management of the EFCC sold the property at No 42, Gana Street, Maitama District, Abuja or any property to me is a figment of his fecund imagination for mischief.”

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/11/i-didnt-buy-any-property-in-maitama.html

L

It is either Mr. Falana (SAN) is a liar or a smart Alec hoping to play on the ignorance of many Nigerians on how AMCON works or the functions of the EFCC on issues bordering on economic crime.

It is a notorious facts that bad debts of deposit Money Bank are bought at a fraction of their book value by AMCON and AMCON then institutes CIVIL ACTION in Court to recover the debt.

The ostensible reason for arrangement is to prevent the collapse of the Banks through bad or non performing loans.

The recovery process by AMCON is a civil action. It does not prevent the EFCC from investigating the company that borrowed the money; it's directors and the officials of the Bank that gave out the loan for possible infraction or violation of the rules and guidelines governing giving out of loans by the CBN.

Violation of rules and guidelines governing giving out of loans constitutes economic crime which the EFCC has the statutory power to look into as in the instance case.

What transpired in this case is the Mr. Falana SAN had purchased the property which forms part of the assets which AMCON had frozen through Court order and only awaits the filing of the Terms of Settlement for the title in the property to be formally transferred to him.

The relevant questions Mr. Falana ought to be asked by any discerning Nigerian are:

1. Whether Mr. Falana has paid for or made a deposit for the property in question?

2. Whether a memorandum of deposit of tthe money or sale of the property has been issued to him by AMCON in respect of the property?

3. Whether he has taken any overt act to show that possession has been given to him? Are his security men in the property? Is he the one collecting rent on the property at the moment?

In other words, who is exercising acts of ownership over the property; Mr. Falana SAN, AMCON or EFCC?

If the answers to the above are in the positive, the Attorney General is right in his assertion. Mr. Falana is the new owner of the property his valiant denial notwithstanding.

Besides, there is something immoral in a Counsel buying a property in a case in which he represents one of the parties. It gives rise to the spectre of possible collusion.

This ought to be investigated further.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by santopelele(m): 10:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
seunmsg:

The way some of you reason really baffles me. So, a very successful lawyer of Falana's standing cannot acquire a property of N1billion?

The N1billion figure was mentioned by the AGF and not Falana so, we really can't accept it as the true sales value of the property.
bia mr man,imadukwa ihe? i mean are u well at all? do you know how many millions that makes 1billion? which industry,company or even estate dat gives falana 1billion to spent in just a house?
falana must tell nigerians how he acquired 1billion to buy it and how much apc gave him for campaign in the last election when he was runing his mouth like a parrot
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by SmallmebigGod: 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2017
DonCandido:

It is either Mr. Falana (SAN) is a liar or a smart Alec hoping to play on the ignorance of many Nigerians on how AMCON works or the functions of the EFCC on issues bordering on economic crime.

It is a notorious facts that bad debts of deposit Money Bank are bought at a fraction of their book value by AMCON and AMCON then institutes CIVIL ACTION in Court to recover the debt.

The ostensible reason for arrangement is to prevent the collapse of the Banks through bad or non performing loans.

The recovery process by AMCON is a civil action. It does not prevent the EFCC from investigating the company that borrowed the money; it's directors and the officials of the Bank that gave out the loan for possible infraction or violation of the rules and guidelines governing giving out of loans by the CBN.

Violation of rules and guidelines governing giving out of loans constitutes economic crime which the EFCC has the statutory power to look into as in the instance case.

What transpired in this case is the Mr. Falana SAN had purchased the property which forms part of the assets which AMCON had frozen through Court order and only awaits the filing of the Terms of Settlement for the title in the property to be formally transferred to him.

The relevant questions Mr. Falana ought to be asked by any discerning Nigerian are:

1. Whether Mr. Falana has paid for or made a deposit for the property in question?

2. Whether a memorandum of deposit of tthe money or sale of the property has been issued to him by AMCON in respect of the property?

3. Whether he has taken any overt act to show that possession has been given to him? Are his security men in the property? Is he the one collecting rent on the property at the moment?

In other words, who is exercising acts of ownership over the property; Mr. Falana SAN, AMCON or EFCC?

If the answers to the above are in the positive, the Attorney General is right in his assertion. Mr. Falana is the new owner of the property his valiant denial notwithstanding.

Besides, there is something immoral in a Counsel buying a property in a case in which he represents one of the parties. It gives rise to the spectre of possible collusion.

Good analysis, but in don't think Mr Falana is representing any of the parties involved in this particular case
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by excel123: 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2017
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by TijaniAbu: 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
From Falana's statement, he bought the property subject to matters outside his control. So as far as Falana is concerned, in law, he bought the property. Don't let his big words deceive anybody. Falana is corrupt.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by ivandragon: 11:28pm On Nov 25, 2017
why would anyone buy a property that is openly disputed or has legal issues surrounding it?

except of course the 'buyer' has information & connections that have assured him that he would get the property regardless of the outcome of the legal issues...

secondly, who owns the A (whatever) company that is going about selling off disputed properties?
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
EazyMoh:
This Malami is grossly incompetent. PMB shall tread carefully, incompetent appointees ruined GEJ.
been saying something for quite some time

the guy is dull

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by tuscani: 11:38pm On Nov 25, 2017
Feel the brunt of propaganda
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2017
Legal or otherwise, the fact that this short man is caught up in this shows that he has all along been putting up a facade. Of all the properties he could have bought, why that kind of property?
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by aolawale025: 11:52pm On Nov 25, 2017
DonCandido:

When AMCON took over toxic loans, they also acquired the collateral(s) such defaulters pledged. And in most cases AMCON realized or tried to manage the collateral to offset the loans.
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Wallade(m): 1:57am On Nov 26, 2017
magoo10:
It is very possible that falana bought the properties, what his problem will be right now is how to explain to Nigerians where he got #1billion naira from which he used in buying the said properties.

We are used to all these lies and counter lies from shameless elites masquerading to be fighting for the common man while they collect "egunje" in cash and sometimes "kind" at the back. This denial and counter denial is a proof that there is truth in the accusations,very soon the matter will die down quietly.

You are asking where a prominent lawyer (SAN) got 1billion naira. Well, I can understand your clueless mind, you may need to review all the cases he ever handled and the income generated from the cases with his investments so you can have a better understanding.
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by cantok(m): 3:37am On Nov 26, 2017
Every IPOB member is always looking for a scapegoat to hang on. If femi falana is a thief, then what is MIKE OZEKHOME
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by cantok(m): 3:38am On Nov 26, 2017
Wallade:

You are asking where a prominent lawyer (SAN) got 1billion naira. Well, I can understand your clueless mind, you may need to review all the cases he ever handled and the income generated from the cases with his investments so you can have a better understanding.
how can a desperate IPOB member agree to be educated about such issues?
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Awoo88: 4:23am On Nov 26, 2017
jerseyboy:

All na arrangee. All na stealing. Him too be thief.
Make plenty sense fall on you
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by bart10: 6:51am On Nov 26, 2017
Now I know why Femi Falana blindly support this government. He’s one of the anointed beneficiaries of the evil arrangement undecided
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by seunmsg(m): 7:01am On Nov 26, 2017
DonCandido:

All these your grammar is just to deceive people who lack adequate knowledge of the matter. The AGF specifically accused Falana of buying a property recovered by Maina from an alleged pension funds looter. He further claimed that the said property was handed over to EFCC by Maina and then sold to Falana by the agency.

Above is the fraudulent claims made by the AGF that Falana's statement debunked. The property was never recovered from any pension looter but was a collaterized property that was taken over by AMCON when the loan became toxic. EFCC does not investigate every case of toxic loan and there is nothing in Falana's submission to suggest what you insinuated. Even if EFCC is investigating the company and the bank that issued the loan for any infraction in CBN prudential guideline, it still doesn't make the property a recovered asset from pension looters.

The sale of the property is between Falana, AMCON and A properties limited. EFCC is not a party whatsoever in the lawsuit or sale. Falana also made it clear that the sale is inchoate and so therefore, it is safe to assume that the tittle in property has not passed to Falana as it is still work in progress.
Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Mysselff2: 7:18am On Nov 26, 2017
Chai "Mr Human rights lawyer" see your life ??
Atokam say I no trust all these criminals masquerading in robes
Some fools and idiots will still be opening their toilet dirty mouths to defend this filth of a lawyer

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami by Mysselff2: 7:22am On Nov 26, 2017
seunmsg:

All these your grammar is just to deceive people who lack adequate knowledge of the matter. The AGF specifically accused Falana of buying a property recovered by Maina from an alleged pension funds looter. He further claimed that the said property was handed over to EFCC by Maina and then sold to Falana by the agency.

Above is the fraudulent claims made by the AGF that Falana's statement debunked. The property was never recovered from any pension looter but was a collaterized property that was taken over by AMCON when the loan became toxic. EFCC does not investigate every case of toxic loan and there is nothing in Falana's submission to suggest what you insinuated. Even if EFCC is investigating the company and the bank that issued the loan for any infraction in CBN prudential guideline, it still doesn't make the property a recovered asset from pension looters.

The sale of the property is between Falana, AMCON and A properties limited. EFCC is not a party whatsoever in the lawsuit or sale. Falana also made it clear that the sale is inchoate and so therefore, it is safe to assume that the tittle in property has not passed to Falana as it is still work in progress.

Guy stop defending the indefensible
Any right thinking lawyer with a conscience,will never buy any property remotely linked to any case that he is involved with or a proceed of corruption
Simple conflict of interest is enough to deter such lawyers,but not these obvious wolves in sheep clothing we have gallivanting everywhere deceiving the gullible people that they are human rights lawyers.Human rights my nyash

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Polls: Fear Buhari’s Govt, Obasanjo’s Coalition Tells Nigerians / FG Spends ₦92 Million As ‘Parking Fee’ On Faulty Presidential Jet In Germany / PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.