Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Sokoto, Images, Development, News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto, Images, Development, News (4678 Views)

Powerful Images From The Kogi Elections 2019. Graphic Images Included / Post At Least 5 Proud 2017 Development News From Your Region / Issues, Anxiety As Senate Decides On Southeast Development. News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
I'll be going to Sokoto this May for personal matters. I'm interested in getting some images and insight into life in the state.

As we know, Sokoto is a shining example of life under the leadership of the Fulani people of Nigeria. This should be an interesting trip. Please, are there any Sokoto natives here?
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 6:43pm On Nov 25, 2017

Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 6:50pm On Nov 25, 2017

Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Danladi7: 6:57pm On Nov 25, 2017
Thats all?

You northerners are too passive and docile on nairaland
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2017
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2017

please, my friends are telling me not to go and sending me these images. saying that dan fula only produce human garbage, why?
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2017
[img]sCMl1WTCWUE[/img]

is this islam?
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Cjrane2: 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ikengawo:
I'll be going to Sokoto this May for personal matters. I'm interested in getting some images and insight into life in the state.

As we know, Sokoto is a shining example of life under the leadership of the Fulani people of Nigeria. This should be an interesting trip. Please, are there any Sokoto natives here?

I served in Sokoto. Sokoto is a beautiful city! Infact one of Nigeria's hidden pearls. You will be shocked at how beautiful Sokoto is. I don't think there is any southern city that comes close to Sokoto.
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
Cjrane2:

I served in Sokoto. Sokoto is a beautiful city! Infact one of Nigeria's hidden pearls. You will be shocked at how beautiful Sokoto is. I don't think there is any southern city that comes close to Sokoto.

magnificent. can you explain this? are these the outskirts of sokoto?

[img]https://3.bp..com/-tdyYgIm8pD8/WVmsS_NQUOI/AAAAAAAACCU/AF_wsgwfGYYloImNbeDA97PzFIE2z-mXwCLcBGAs/s1600/mud-houses-damaged-by-rain-in-sokoto.png[/img]
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 7:41pm On Nov 25, 2017
please when I was younger I used to throw knock-outs are fulani beggars and push them into traffic. I'm older now and know better. It's hard for me to find decent images of Sokoto state but I feel guilty and want to help their image online and abroad.

I'm going to Sokoto to tutor the child of a wealthy family. He has severe autism because his mother and father are blood cousins. His father is a prominent politician and his mother a top student in a state secondary school
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Cjrane2: 7:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ikengawo:

magnificent. can you explain this? are these the outskirts of sokoto?

[img]https://3.bp..com/-tdyYgIm8pD8/WVmsS_NQUOI/AAAAAAAACCU/AF_wsgwfGYYloImNbeDA97PzFIE2z-mXwCLcBGAs/s1600/mud-houses-damaged-by-rain-in-sokoto.png[/img]

This isn't Sokoto. You can very well get the pictures online.
If you are truly in Sokoto, and you have been to cities around Nigeria, you will agree with me.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 7:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Cjrane2: 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ikengawo:

Well we all know Cacrum Oris and VVF are most prevalent in Sokoto. If that is why you opened this thread good luck.

But if you want to take pictures of the physical development of Sokoto, you will find more than enough.

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
Cjrane2:

If you are truly in Sokoto, and you have been to cities around Nigeria, you will agree with me.

all of my images are sokoto state
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/opinion/poverty-as-the-face-of-northern-nigeria/110889.html

The Poorest State in Nigeria 2017

Nigeria has plenty of natural resources and a large population to support commerce. Our country has a federation system which consists of 36 states. This system allows each state to manage its resources and generate its own revenue. That is the reason why some states are rich and some are doing very bad as they continue to struggle. Unfortunately, there is the state which leads as the poorest state in Nigeria. It is Sokoto State.

Read more: https://www.naija.ng/1102794-the-poorest-state-nigeria-2017.html#1102794
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2017
Cjrane2:

Well we all know Cacrum Oris and VVF are most prevalent in Sokoto. If that is why you opened this thread good luck.

But if you want to take pictures of the physical development of Sokoto, you will find more than enough.

jesus, am I safe?
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Cjrane2: 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ikengawo:

jesus, am I safe?

I thought you were from Imo, how did you have a blood relation from Sokoto? Are you Abagworo?

Anyhow, Sokoto Fulanis are the most peaceful and kindest people on this planet. So if you are opening this thread to insult a northwest state in retaliation of what Fulanis are doing to SE states in NL, you picked an innocent victim.

Check the very troublesome Fulanis you will ever encounter in Nigeria, and they are all from two states Kano and Kaduna. Even Katsina people are very nice and kind. The mean & wicked fulanis are predominantly from Kaduna and Kano.

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 8:00pm On Nov 25, 2017
Cjrane2:

I thought you were from Imo, how did you have a blood relation from Sokoto? Are you Abagworo?

Anyhow, Sokoto Fulanis are the most peaceful and kindest people on this planet. So if you are opening this thread to insult a northwest state in retaliation of what Fulanis are doing to SE states in NL, you picked an innocent victim.

who said I have blood relations in Sokoto? I'm tutoring an autistic son of a senator. He's inbred

1 Like

Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ikengawo:

who said I have blood relations in Sokoto? I'm tutoring an autistic son of a senator. He's inbred

You are yabbing your student like this
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by iambijo(m): 10:41pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ikengawo:

what's the name of the senator ?
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by iambijo(m): 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2017
Cjrane2:

Check the very troublesome Fulanis you will ever encounter in Nigeria, and they are all from two states Kano and Kaduna. Even Katsina people are very nice and kind. The mean & wicked fulanis are predominantly from Kaduna and Kano.
thank you
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by FriendNG: 10:51pm On Nov 25, 2017
Cjrane2:

You're lying to yourself. Get your fact right. There is nothing like wicked Fulani in Kano.

Kano is a commercial state and have no time for such nonsense. It is the most developed Northern state and second most developed state in Nigeria after Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by FriendNG: 10:55pm On Nov 25, 2017
Danladi7:
Thats all?

You northerners are too passive and docile on nairaland

We owe no 1 explanation. We speak when we wish and set the house on fire when we are offended.
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Bari22: 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ikengawo:
[img]sCMl1WTCWUE[/img]

is this islam?

Something that happened in another country, u brought it here claiming sokoto?? U are mad

Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Bari22: 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2017
Cjrane2:

I blame google for making u a complete mad
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Bari22: 11:08pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ikengawo:

please, my friends are telling me not to go and sending me these images. saying that dan fula only produce human garbage, why?

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Bari22: 11:16pm On Nov 25, 2017
more pictures from sokoto

1 Like

Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 1:25am On Nov 26, 2017

‘Strange’ disease kills 3 in Sokoto

The Sokoto State government has confirmed three deaths, including two students, following a strange illness that occurred in two neighbouring houses at Mabera in the state.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that a mechanic and father of five, one Malam Abdullahi Lawal, 58, died as a result of severe headache, convulsion and bleeding from the eye on Nov. 11.

NAN reports that two students, who were neighbours to the deceased, Bello Aminu, 15, and Nasiru Kamba, 14 also died after at Usmanu Danfodio University Teaching Hospital in Sokoto on Monday after exhibiting similar symptoms .

https://guardian.ng/news/strange-disease-kills-3-in-sokoto/
Re: Sokoto, Images, Development, News by Ikengawo: 1:30am On Nov 26, 2017
FriendNG:

You're lying to yourself. Get your fact right. There is nothing like wicked Fulani in Kano.

Kano is a commercial state and have no time for such nonsense. It is the most developed Northern state and second most developed state in Nigeria after Lagos.

According to the data, the states wher[b]e majority of people can neither read nor write are those in the Northeast, Northwest[/b], and North-central. The data shows that Yobe State has only 7.23 per cent literacy level, the lowest in the country.

The dismal record of Yobe is followed by Zamfara (19.16 per cent); Katsina (10.36 per cent); Sokoto (15.01); Bauchi (19.26); Kebbi (20.51); and Niger (22.88) respectively. Only Taraba is an exception with 72 per cent literacy rate.

In contrast, Imo State has the highest literacy level (96.43 per cent), followed by Lagos (96.30 per cent); Ekiti (95.79 per cent); Rivers (95.76 per cent); Abia (94.24 per cent); Anambra (92.11 per cent); Osun (90.57); Edo (90.53 per cent); Enugu (89.46 per cent); and Cross River (89 per cent).

https://guardian.ng/news/despite-decades-of-funding-literacy-level-in-the-northern-states-remains-low/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dirtiest City In Nigeria (pics) / South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election / Southern Nigeria Will Regret Not Taking Ghadafi's Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.