Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,787 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? (30056 Views)

Why Is Nigerian Christianity So Backward? / Daddy “G.O.” Freeze & The Division In Nigerian Church (part 1) / Why Is Daddy Freeze Focused On Adeboye And Not TB Joshua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by bidahjay: 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2017
SUNDAY SERMON: THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHING

I came across this piece on a Whatsapp page and it so represented my views on tithing that I could have written it myself. Please enjoy the read!

The Trial of Pastor Jones (Author unknown)

Judge: Mr. Jones you have been charged with multiple counts of extortion. Your crime spree covers 20 years and thousands of victims. You have defrauded people out of their money with fear and manipulation, telling them they had to tithe 10% of their income as per the LAW to your Regd. organization (called Church) and that God would bless them if they did. You also told them that if they didn't tithe God would curse them.

How do you plead?

Mr. Jones: I plead not guilty your Honor, I have done nothing wrong. I have only preached what the Bible says. In the Bible Abraham tithed to Melchizedek and God blessed him for his faithful giving. The Bible even says he was rich in silver and gold.

Judge: Is it not true, Mr. Jones, that in Genesis Chapter 13 verse 2 the Bible says Abraham was rich with livestock, silver and gold?

Mr. Jones: Yes, you are exactly right, that's what I just told you.

Judge: Ok, we read about Abraham being a rich man in chapter 13 but it is not until Genesis chapter 14 that we read about Abraham's tithe to Melchizedek. So Abraham was already a rich man before he tithed to Melchizedek, wasn't he?

Mr. Jones: Yes, I suppose you are right.

Judge: So his riches were not the result of his tithe to Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: No.

Judge: Mr. Jones, you also say God blessed him for his faithful giving. How many times is it recorded that Abraham gave tithes to Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: Well, just once.

Judge: So the Bible never said that he gave week after week?

Mr. Jones: No it does not.

Judge: Where did Abraham get the things that he gave to Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: Well the Bible says it was from the plunders of war?

Judge: So you are telling me that he gave from the plunders of war?

Mr. Jones: Yes that's what the Bible says.

Judge: So he basically took things that were not really his in the first place and gave them as the tithe?

Mr. Jones: That is what the scripture seems to indicate.

Judge: Is it recorded that he ever took anything from his own possessions and tithed them to Melchizedek or anyone else?

Mr. Jones: I guess not

Judge: You guess not, you are a teacher and you are only guessing, is it or is it not written that he ever gave any of his own possessions as a tithe to anyone?

Mr. Jones: No it is not written anywhere that I have seen.

Judge: Is it recorded as to what exactly Abraham did give Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: I believe it says plunder?

Judge: So plunder could be any number of things?

Mr. Jones: Yes, I suppose

Judge: It could have been food, cattle, sheep, the people's possessions or any number of things. It does not say it was all money correct?

Mr. Jones: Yes you are correct, it does not say just money

Judge: As a matter of fact money is never mentioned in that account at all is that correct Mr. Jones?

Mr. Jones: Yes your Honor, money is never mentioned just goods and food and people.

Judge: So there is no way you can say with any certainty that Abraham in fact gave Melchizedek any money at all?

Mr. Jones: That is right.

Judge: I only have one last question for you
Mr. Jones, did God command Abraham to give this plunder tithe to Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: No, it appears that he did this voluntarily.

Judge: So are you trying to tell me that because of this voluntary, one time gift by Abraham, that may not have even consisted of money, all Christians everywhere are obligated to bring 10% of their weekly paycheck to a local Regd.Organization-church?
Considering all the evidence I would say you are beyond any shadow of a doubt guilty of deliberately trying to make the scriptures says things they have not said for financial gain.

Mr. Jones: Ok your Honor, I can see how foolish I was to try and use the story of Melchizedeck to try and get the people to tithe money. But there are many other verses that will support my belief on tithing. Jacob said he would give God 10% of everything. I think we should follow his example.

Judge: Let's see what Jacob said. Please read the verse you are talking about for me Mr. Jones.

Mr. Jones: In Genesis chapter 28 starting at verse 20 it says. Jacob vowed a vow, saying, "If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and clothing to put on, so that I come again to my father's house in peace, and Yahweh will be my God, then this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, will be God's house. Of all that you will give me I will surely give the tenth to you."

Judge: You said we should follow Jacobs example, is that right Mr. Jones?

Mr. Jones: Yes that is right, he vowed to give a tenth and we should too.

Judge: Let me point out one thing for you Mr. Jones, Jacob said he would Give God a tenth, ONLY if He blessed him first. So as you said previously, we should follow Jacob's example and tell God that we will only give him a tenth if he blesses us first. Is that right?

Mr. Jones: That is not what I meant.

Judge: What did you mean then?

Mr. Jones: That we should give God a tenth also.

Judge: There you go again, trying to make the scripture say what you want it to say for your benefit. I would also like you to tell me the scriptures that say that Jacob kept his vow with God. I would also like to know where he gave the tenth to because there was no temple or levites to give it to at that time.

Mr. Jones: I can not think of any scriptures that say where or if he ever tithed after his vow.

Judge: It seems fairly obvious to me that Jacob made a voluntary and conditional vow to God. This in no way can be used as a reason to demand others to bring their income to you or any other place.

Mr. Jones: I do have a few more scriptures that I believe will show that we are supposed to tithe.

Judge: You have not said anything yet to convince me one little bit that people are obligated to tithe money to the local organizational institutions -churches and that you were justified in what you were doing. You have taken scripture and misapplied it to your beliefs and for your gain. But in order to be fair to you I will allow you to present more evidence.

Mr. Jones: In the book of Malachi chapter 3 starting at verse 8 it says, will a man rob God? yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, In what have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the store-house, that there may be food in my house, and prove me now with this, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. So you see your Honor, we are commanded to bring the tithes into the storehouse or God will curse us.

Judge: Answer me this Mr Jones, Who was God Speaking to here?

Mr Jones: To the People of Israel

Judge: Can you please read Malachi 2: 1 Please Mr Jones

Mr Jones: Now This command is for you O PRIEST !!

Judge: Did God stop talking to the Priest in Chap. 3, Mr Jones?

Mr Jones: No your Honor!

Judge: Answer me this Mr. Jones, were you aware that God never required anyone to tithe money?

Mr. Jones: No I didn't know that.

Judge: The tithe spoken of here was always edible products never money.

Mr. Jones: Well your Honor that is because they didn't have money at the time so God had them tithe food instead.

Judge: Not true, money is first mentioned in Genesis and Malachi was written hundreds of years later. God had them bring food in so that the levites, the fatherless and widows may eat and be satisfied. The tithe was used mainly to take care of people. Also notice it says in the verse you quoted, that there may be food in my house. The food was the tithe. How do you completely overlook the word food in those verses?

Mr. Jones: I don't know

Judge: I also want you to know that these verses speak to nation under the Old Testament law. As you may or may not know Jesus fulfilled the law, it is no longer binding. Once again you have tried to completely take a scripture out of context and apply it to others for your benefit. Can you give me a single scripture where God changed the tithe from food to money?

Mr. Jones: I do not know of any.

Judge: So if God never changed it from food to money who did?

Mr. Jones: Man must have.

Judge: So far all you have done Mr. Jones, is take Old Testament scriptures out of context and try to apply it to believers under the New Covenant. Is this all the proof you have?

Mr. Jones: I do have a New Testament scripture that will show that Jesus told us to tithe.

Judge: Ok let me hear it.

Mr. Jones: Jesus said in Matthew 23:23 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill, and cumin, and have left undone the weightier matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faith. But you ought to have done these, and not to have left the other undone. See Jesus said we should be tithing.

Judge: Let me ask you a question, who was Jesus talking to?

Mr. Jones: The scripture says the Scribes and Pharisees.

Judge: Are you a scribe or Pharisee?

Mr. Jones: Of course not.

Judge: Jesus also said in that passage, you have left undone the weightier matters of the law. Are we under the law Mr. Jones?

Judge: Why not?

Mr. Jones: Because Jesus fulfilled it.

Judge: When did Jesus fulfill the law?

Mr. Jones: When He was crucified.

Judge: So the law was still in effect until Jesus death?

Mr. Jones: That is correct.

Judge: I think you know where I am going with this don't you?

Mr. Jones: Yes your Honor. Since Jesus had not yet been crucified and the law was still binding the Pharisees were required to tithe because it was part of the law. Once the law ended, tithing ended also.

Judge: I want you to take a look at that verse again. Also tell me, what were they tithing?

Mr. Jones: The scripture says it was mint, dill and cumin.

Judge: Is money mentioned?

Mr. Jones: No it was not.

Judge: Once again it was edible products that they were tithing, not money. Do you have anything else you would like to say?

Mr. Jones: If people only tithed edible products like the scripture says, then how would the church survive? We have our mortgage payment, utility bills, staff salary and a host of other things that we have to pay each week. We depend on the money from the people.

Judge: By "church" you mean your organization isn't it Mr Jones ?
-The need does not justify the means. In other words, just because you have all these debts does not give you the right to twist and manipulate scripture and cause people to give under fear of being cursed by God to meet your needs. Does It Mr Jones?
In closing, let me recap a few things for you Mr. Jones.
-The tithe was never money;
-The tithe was an Old Testament law, which is no longer binding. When it was binding the tithe was used to take care of people, not buildings.
- We are under a new covenant now.
Paul instructs the Corinthian believers how they are to give. He says in second Corinthians chapter 9 verse 7, Let each man give according as he has determined in his heart; not grudgingly, or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver. So each believer is supposed to give as he or she has determined in his or her heart.
If they determine to Give 10% well and good, If they keep aside some every week to meet this more better.If you are trying to make people give under the threat of being cursed or any other reason even blessing, you are wrong. Someone can not give cheerfully if they are being forced to give. If 'your church can not survive on freewill offerings maybe God is not part of your church at all.
Mr Jones, do you intentionally put your people under a Curse or a Bondage?

Mr Jones: Of Course not !!

Judge: Can you Read in context Gal 3:10-11: For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them ....
AND
Gal 5:1-4 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage....

Mr. Jones: I never realized all these things, I have always been taught that we had to tithe money to the local church and that is what I have always taught. I can see now that I was completely wrong. I did not study the scripture for myself, I only took mans word for it.
Yes ' am guilty. I will not teach this error anymore.
Sentencing....... All Arise .....

Copied!!!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by OBAGADAFFI: 1:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
Freeze is a known drunk who loves quoting the Bible to support his abnormal life.

He is not a Christian.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by miketayo(m): 1:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
Horlufemi:

That enough should make people think but NOooo they are suffering from cognitive inertia

U can't blame them, they worship their pastors and forgot what Christianity is about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by OBIGS(m): 1:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
[quote author=generaliy post=62720283]

Gullible sheep?

You need to calm down and seek God yourself, I won't argue with you. [/quote I believe you worship ur pastor. Why can't u seek God ur self than worshiping ur pastor. To someone like u ur pastor is untouchable. Anything he says is final. No reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by chloedogie(m): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
generaliy:

How funny

People who choose to serve God are now sheepies, y'all need to take several seats already

Boss did you study in offa? Kwara state? Or FUTA?
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by OBAGADAFFI: 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
bidahjay:

[s]SERMON: THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHING

I came across this piece on a Whatsapp page and it so represented my views on tithing that I could have written it myself. Please enjoy the read!

The Trial of Pastor Jones (Author unknown)

Judge: Mr. Jones you have been charged with multiple counts of extortion. Your crime spree covers 20 years and thousands of victims. You have defrauded people out of their money with fear and manipulation, telling them they had to tithe 10% of their income as per the LAW to your Regd. organization (called Church) and that God would bless them if they did. You also told them that if they didn't tithe God would curse them.

How do you plead?

Mr. Jones: I plead not guilty your Honor, I have done nothing wrong. I have only preached what the Bible says. In the Bible Abraham tithed to Melchizedek and God blessed him for his faithful giving. The Bible even says he was rich in silver and gold.

Judge: Is it not true, Mr. Jones, that in Genesis Chapter 13 verse 2 the Bible says Abraham was rich with livestock, silver and gold?

Mr. Jones: Yes, you are exactly right, that's what I just told you.

Judge: Ok, we read about Abraham being a rich man in chapter 13 but it is not until Genesis chapter 14 that we read about Abraham's tithe to Melchizedek. So Abraham was already a rich man before he tithed to Melchizedek, wasn't he?

Mr. Jones: Yes, I suppose you are right.

Judge: So his riches were not the result of his tithe to Melchizedek?

Judge: Mr. Jones, you also say God blessed him for his faithful giving. How many times is it recorded that Abraham gave tithes to Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: Well, just once.

Judge: So the Bible never said that he gave week after week?

Mr. Jones: No it does not.

Judge: Where did Abraham get the things that he gave to Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: Well the Bible says it was from the plunders of war?

Judge: So you are telling me that he gave from the plunders of war?

Mr. Jones: Yes that's what the Bible says.

Judge: So he basically took things that were not really his in the first place and gave them as the tithe?

Mr. Jones: That is what the scripture seems to indicate.

Judge: Is it recorded that he ever took anything from his own possessions and tithed them to Melchizedek or anyone else?

Mr. Jones: I guess not

Judge: You guess not, you are a teacher and you are only guessing, is it or is it not written that he ever gave any of his own possessions as a tithe to anyone?

Mr. Jones: No it is not written anywhere that I have seen.

Judge: Is it recorded as to what exactly Abraham did give Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: I believe it says plunder?

Judge: So plunder could be any number of things?

Mr. Jones: Yes, I suppose

Judge: It could have been food, cattle, sheep, the people's possessions or any number of things. It does not say it was all money correct?

Mr. Jones: Yes you are correct, it does not say just money

Judge: As a matter of fact money is never mentioned in that account at all is that correct Mr. Jones?

Mr. Jones: Yes your Honor, money is never mentioned just goods and food and people.

Judge: So there is no way you can say with any certainty that Abraham in fact gave Melchizedek any money at all?

Mr. Jones: That is right.

Judge: I only have one last question for you
Mr. Jones, did God command Abraham to give this plunder tithe to Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: No, it appears that he did this voluntarily.

Judge: So are you trying to tell me that because of this voluntary, one time gift by Abraham, that may not have even consisted of money, all Christians everywhere are obligated to bring 10% of their weekly paycheck to a local Regd.Organization-church?
Considering all the evidence I would say you are beyond any shadow of a doubt guilty of deliberately trying to make the scriptures says things they have not said for financial gain.

Mr. Jones: Ok your Honor, I can see how foolish I was to try and use the story of Melchizedeck to try and get the people to tithe money. But there are many other verses that will support my belief on tithing. Jacob said he would give God 10% of everything. I think we should follow his example.

Judge: Let's see what Jacob said. Please read the verse you are talking about for me Mr. Jones.

Mr. Jones: In Genesis chapter 28 starting at verse 20 it says. Jacob vowed a vow, saying, "If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and clothing to put on, so that I come again to my father's house in peace, and Yahweh will be my God, then this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, will be God's house. Of all that you will give me I will surely give the tenth to you."

Judge: You said we should follow Jacobs example, is that right Mr. Jones?

Mr. Jones: Yes that is right, he vowed to give a tenth and we should too.

Judge: Let me point out one thing for you Mr. Jones, Jacob said he would Give God a tenth, ONLY if He blessed him first. So as you said previously, we should follow Jacob's example and tell God that we will only give him a tenth if he blesses us first. Is that right?

Mr. Jones: That is not what I meant.

Judge: What did you mean then?

Mr. Jones: That we should give God a tenth also.

Judge: There you go again, trying to make the scripture say what you want it to say for your benefit. I would also like you to tell me the scriptures that say that Jacob kept his vow with God. I would also like to know where he gave the tenth to because there was no temple or levites to give it to at that time.

Mr. Jones: I can not think of any scriptures that say where or if he ever tithed after his vow.

Judge: It seems fairly obvious to me that Jacob made a voluntary and conditional vow to God. This in no way can be used as a reason to demand others to bring their income to you or any other place.

Mr. Jones: I do have a few more scriptures that I believe will show that we are supposed to tithe.

Judge: You have not said anything yet to convince me one little bit that people are obligated to tithe money to the local organizational institutions -churches and that you were justified in what you were doing. You have taken scripture and misapplied it to your beliefs and for your gain. But in order to be fair to you I will allow you to present more evidence.

Mr. Jones: In the book of Malachi chapter 3 starting at verse 8 it says, will a man rob God? yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, In what have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the store-house, that there may be food in my house, and prove me now with this, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. So you see your Honor, we are commanded to bring the tithes into the storehouse or God will curse us.

Judge: Answer me this Mr Jones, Who was God Speaking to here?

Mr Jones: To the People of Israel

Judge: Can you please read Malachi 2: 1 Please Mr Jones

Mr Jones: Now This command is for you O PRIEST !!

Judge: Did God stop talking to the Priest in Chap. 3, Mr Jones?

Mr Jones: No your Honor!

Judge: Answer me this Mr. Jones, were you aware that God never required anyone to tithe money?

Mr. Jones: No I didn't know that.

Judge: The tithe spoken of here was always edible products never money.

Mr. Jones: Well your Honor that is because they didn't have money at the time so God had them tithe food instead.

Judge: Not true, money is first mentioned in Genesis and Malachi was written hundreds of years later. God had them bring food in so that the levites, the fatherless and widows may eat and be satisfied. The tithe was used mainly to take care of people. Also notice it says in the verse you quoted, that there may be food in my house. The food was the tithe. How do you completely overlook the word food in those verses?

Mr. Jones: I don't know

Judge: I also want you to know that these verses speak to nation under the Old Testament law. As you may or may not know Jesus fulfilled the law, it is no longer binding. Once again you have tried to completely take a scripture out of context and apply it to others for your benefit. Can you give me a single scripture where God changed the tithe from food to money?

Mr. Jones: I do not know of any.

Judge: So if God never changed it from food to money who did?

Mr. Jones: Man must have.

Judge: So far all you have done Mr. Jones, is take Old Testament scriptures out of context and try to apply it to believers under the New Covenant. Is this all the proof you have?

Mr. Jones: I do have a New Testament scripture that will show that Jesus told us to tithe.

Judge: Ok let me hear it.

Mr. Jones: Jesus said in Matthew 23:23 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill, and cumin, and have left undone the weightier matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faith. But you ought to have done these, and not to have left the other undone. See Jesus said we should be tithing.

Judge: Let me ask you a question, who was Jesus talking to?

Mr. Jones: The scripture says the Scribes and Pharisees.

Judge: Are you a scribe or Pharisee?

Mr. Jones: Of course not.

Judge: Jesus also said in that passage, you have left undone the weightier matters of the law. Are we under the law Mr. Jones?

Judge: Why not?

Mr. Jones: Because Jesus fulfilled it.

Judge: When did Jesus fulfill the law?

Mr. Jones: When He was crucified.

Judge: So the law was still in effect until Jesus death?

Mr. Jones: That is correct.

Judge: I think you know where I am going with this don't you?

Mr. Jones: Yes your Honor. Since Jesus had not yet been crucified and the law was still binding the Pharisees were required to tithe because it was part of the law. Once the law ended, tithing ended also.

Judge: I want you to take a look at that verse again. Also tell me, what were they tithing?

Mr. Jones: The scripture says it was mint, dill and cumin.

Judge: Is money mentioned?

Mr. Jones: No it was not.

Judge: Once again it was edible products that they were tithing, not money. Do you have anything else you would like to say?

Mr. Jones: If people only tithed edible products like the scripture says, then how would the church survive? We have our mortgage payment, utility bills, staff salary and a host of other things that we have to pay each week. We depend on the money from the people.

Judge: By "church" you mean your organization isn't it Mr Jones ?
-The need does not justify the means. In other words, just because you have all these debts does not give you the right to twist and manipulate scripture and cause people to give under fear of being cursed by God to meet your needs. Does It Mr Jones?
In closing, let me recap a few things for you Mr. Jones.
-The tithe was never money;
-The tithe was an Old Testament law, which is no longer binding. When it was binding the tithe was used to take care of people, not buildings.
- We are under a new covenant now.
Paul instructs the Corinthian believers how they are to give. He says in second Corinthians chapter 9 verse 7, Let each man give according as he has determined in his heart; not grudgingly, or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver. So each believer is supposed to give as he or she has determined in his or her heart.
If they determine to Give 10% well and good, If they keep aside some every week to meet this more better.If you are trying to make people give under the threat of being cursed or any other reason even blessing, you are wrong. Someone can not give cheerfully if they are being forced to give. If 'your church can not survive on freewill offerings maybe God is not part of your church at all.
Mr Jones, do you intentionally put your people under a Curse or a Bondage?

Mr Jones: Of Course not !!

Judge: Can you Read in context Gal 3:10-11: For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them ....
AND
Gal 5:1-4 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage....

Mr. Jones: I never realized all these things, I have always been taught that we had to tithe money to the local church and that is what I have always taught. I can see now that I was completely wrong. I did not study the scripture for myself, I only took mans word for it.
Yes ' am guilty. I will not teach this error anymore.
Sentencing....... All Arise .....[/s]

Copied!!!

Trash

2 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by nairanaira12: 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
generaliy:
It is so painful to realise that a backsliding man who has fallen from the faith and some entirely non-believing wretched sinners are now creating "standards" for the church to discuss or debate, it is a pain too much to bear for anyone who understands what the church should be doing presently in the programme of God.

It is more painful to see supposed Christians carried away by "Every wind of doctrine", making a shipwreck of their faith after reading a few well crafted doctrinal errors laced with generous overdose of heresies.

The problem of the church is fundamental, it is not spontaneous as it seems, it is a gradual, systematic, stealth but not invisible departure from the basics, a gradual lowering of standards, a shift from the pattern as laid by the early Apostles...depth in the word seems not to matter anymore, and we created trouble, without knowing it, or maybe we knew, but we just felt it's not much of a trouble and played indifference.

This is like the proverbial iroko tree hitherto left to thrive by the landowner's indifference, which later grows into a sacrifice-demanding demi god, we are all paying the price for our consistent inconsistencies, our unattended "minors", we all nurtured this demonic iroko to its present height, only to discover it's a harbinger of terror, horror and pain!

The church has departed from systematic study of the scriptures, searching the scriptures now seems tedious and unattractive, in its stead, we have created events, several of them, it is not uncommon to see banners after banners, from Oshodi to Ojota, from Allen to Ajah, promoting shows after shows, music shows, comedy shows, business sessions, and what have you, seeing a church banner of events dedicated solely to bible studies is now harder than having a camel pass through the needle eye!

Brother "A" is new in church, in our bid to prevent the next church adjacent our's from snatching him, we give him positions meant for the bone-chewers while he's yet to master the art of digesting milk properly, we award Phd honours to elementary level Christians, shame!

We have consequences, Pastors who are barely born again, Christians without root, easily swayed, not unflinching in convictions, they rely on the next CDs from "Papa", and bingo, add from knowledge gained from some motivational classes, the Bible is just an addition to support their speeches of errors and intrinsic balderdash, the church yells at their mastery of choice words, somebody shouts hallelujah, they're urged to ride on and preach more, yet rhema is alien to the man on the pulpit, basic scriptural convictions are replaced with "philosophies of men so called"!

The only solution to these fundamentals is the Holy Spirit, unfortunately, He has been largely impersonated and extensively misrepresented, the blubbering in senseless conjuction of "Skabash" and "Yadoosa" has been sold to millions as the Spirit of Yahweh, no, that's no Yahweh spirit, it's purely "Yahoo", fraudulent tongues in the name of Jesus!

If you're lucky to find yourself in a Bible believing church (There can be differences in administration, doctrines are NOT meant to differ, the Bible is ONE and should remain so), dig and keep digging for more rhema, if you're not convinced in your spirit (Your pastors do not rebuke you for your sins, instead, you're rewarded and applauded because you can easily drop seeds ans commitments) then find your way out quickly, very quickly!

If and only if you could get to the extent of being deeply rooted, a million Daddy freeze will no longer be your challenge, rather, you'll be challenged to pray for him to see the light, you'll not curse his soul, you'll take it to his maker in prayers!

Ilesanmi Iyanu Samuel writes from Lagos, Nigeria.

Have you seen the blindness in your way now? And you aren't the only one relishing and glorying in this blindness.

You feel anyone that opposes what you do in your churches, e.g. daddy freeze, is a sinner or doesn't see the light.

Your statement reeks of spiritual blindness and pride, which will lead to a fall for you. How many of your pastors are better than daddy freeze? How many church owners in Pentecostal churches are closer to God than daddy freeze? What even gives you the impression that daddy freeze doesn't see the light? He took all his points from the Bible, but has any of your pastors being able to satisfactorily counter his points via biblical truths?

You guys should shut up and stop seeing others as outcasts because they don't attend Pentecostal churches. Many of you Pentecostals may end up in hell, while the daddy freeze you think doesn't know God will enter heaven.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Horlufemi(m): 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
generaliy:

Placebo ko, placenta ni.

It's a principle beyond your understanding, I tithe, and it has given me results, if I don't experience it I would think like you.

However, I am not going to argue with you, it'll be futile, i'll only pray you experience the principle someday, cheers

You are tithing wrongly. At least from the Bible says about tithe.

1. You don't tithe money.
2. If you must tithe money it has to be 30%
3. Tithe is yearly
4.Every three years you give your tithe to the orphans and widows.
Etc
At least in the Bible.
Tithing is law. We are no longer under law.
Tithing is like telling me to make sacrifices. It's mandatory 10%.
Under grace it's about you giving according to what you feel. 0% or 100%. In that giving you give not to get returns. A lot of Christians tithe to get returns on investment. They are playing bet9ja with tithes and offerings. I don't claim to know God but Christians don't know God. If they do they will know that He blesses you without you giving him one Kobo. He is the owner of the universe. God is love. Give to the poor, by doing that you are showing them God's love.

I am born again and I love God. I don't like these pastors because they are against everything God stands for. See I'm not rich but I'm not poor. I rather give my money to the poor than these pastors. Why? Because I am showing them God's love. It's better than the love pastors show them.

I don't claim to hear from God but I know that giving to fellow Christians who are in need is better than giving to a pastor who already has sooo much.

A true Christian doesn't need a Rolls Royce he needs a car. A true Christian doesn't need a private jet. There are alternatives.

I can't change your mind because of the cult like love you have for your G.Hoe (it's not blasphemy. If you feel it's blasphemy, it's a fire sure sign of brain conditioning aka brainwashing wink grin ). Sit down think from the area of love, the love for God. By their fruits you shall know them. (You know the fruits of the spirit)

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by OBIGS(m): 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
generaliy:

Freeze doesn't preach the Bible, he preaches a mutilated version, or rather, he mutilates the bible.

And you know why Freeze gains large followers? It's explained in the Bible...

"Having itching ears, they gather up teachers unto themselves"...
in this case is not about preaching the Bible it's all about common sense. Common sense demands we hold some pastors accountable to how they spend church money. Pastor shud be examples to everyone. But look at the society today. The kind of pastors we have are not Christ like. They all want to be celebrity, fame, money swag, chicks, ballers. This is what 95% of Nigeria pastors are today. Dem no dey fear God

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Horlufemi(m): 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
nairanaira12:

Have you seen the blindness in your way now? And you aren't the only one relishing and glorying in this blindness.

You feel anyone that opposes what you do in your churches, e.g. daddy freeze, is a sinner or doesn't see the light.

Your statement reeks of spiritual blindness and pride, which will lead to a fall for you. How many of your pastors are better than daddy freeze? How many church owners in Pentecostal churches are closer to God than daddy freeze? What even gives you the impression that daddy freeze doesn't see the light? He took all his points from the Bible, but has any of your pastors being able to satisfactorily counter his points via biblical truths?

You guys should shut up and stop seeing others as outcasts because they don't attend Pentecostal churches. Many of you Pentecostals may end up in hell, while the daddy freeze you think doesn't know God will enter heaven.

Spot on. I throway salute

4 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by haconjy(m): 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2017
what I really hate about the issues is that most respected leaders in the church answer him...

thy should not have answered him... simple.
because they do answer him, it berates the respect for Christian leaders and church..
Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by OboOlora(f): 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hiccups:
shocked

@op, your initial choice of words makes your write up difficult to read. You begin by playing the role of God, judging Freeze as a fallen man, you lost it. I don't know Freeze but he's not different from any man of God. Your pastor preach from the Bible, Freeze uses same Bible. What is your basis of judging him? The problem with religious issues is that most followers lacks the needed faculty to reason or are just scared of doing so.
People like u are the reasons I visit this forum. God bless u

3 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by jamace(m): 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2017
OP, don't attempt what you are not qualified to do.

Your piece started by condemning DaddyFreeze but ended up supporting him by urging members to read and understand the Bible themselves so that pastors will not teach them nonsense.

OP, Can you see that you are confused? grin

14 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Afriifa(m): 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hiccups:
shocked

@op, your initial choice of words makes your write up difficult to read. You begin by playing the role of God, judging Freeze as a fallen man, you lost it. I don't know Freeze but he's not different from any man of God. Your pastor preach from the Bible, Freeze uses same Bible. What is your basis of judging him? The problem with religious issues is that most followers lacks the needed faculty to reason or are just scared of doing so.
I have never seen any comment as real as dis one in a while.

3 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Horlufemi(m): 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
miketayo:

U can't blame them, they worship their pastors and forgot what Christianity is about

I used to tell people that if I insult your pastor and you feel it's blasphemy. That is a sign of brainwashing grin but what do I know grin. That's how Muslims feel when Mohammed is insulted.

That's pure brainwashing (conditioning).

Well me I be sinner wetin I Sabi grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by OBAGADAFFI: 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
nairanaira12:

Well we know what the like of Kumuyi, Adeboye has achieved for the faith.

What has freeze ever done for the faith.
That boy always seek popularity by attacking others
The Same way he attacked a comedian last year that almost cost him his job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by robotix: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
generaliy:

Freeze doesn't preach the Bible, he preaches a mutilated version, or rather, he mutilates the bible.

And you know why Freeze gains large followers? It's explained in the Bible...

"Having itching ears, they gather up teachers unto themselves"...
I am not even too against tithing but in a country where poverty is increasing, unemployment is skyrocketing.... we need to start telling us the truth. Many of the Western Countries didn't attain that level of development that even YOUR BLACK FACE crave for by being over religious. Our religious leaders know what they are doing...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
Damnnn....this Daddy Freeze fella has really been tormenting these twisted, greedy pastors and their enslaved, gullibe sheep and zombies. grin

More grease to his elbow. While I feel a lot of loathing for pastors who twist the minds of their gullible flock to feed their greed, I only pity the mindless sheep that think tithing is an MMM scheme where you give your 10% and multiply this investment. That is why many of the clowns keep saying "I tithe and it works for me". Not that it works for the house of the lord, or it works for the ministry, or it works for the poor and dispossessed (for which tithing in Jewish law was meant), but it "works for me"

Keep on killing yourselves to defend an alien tradition (that even the Jewish originators don't practise today) all because your lords and masters have cursed you to adhere to the twisted doctrine.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Abudu2000(m): 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
Lol, Daddy freeze has listed all facts out, even. Pastor already came our begging him to stop that if they are broke they can't preach"" grin what more does he have to say again? As for me ,I just went to the ophanages to drop my tithe there, does that sound bad Or if I gave it to adeboye to fuel his jets that sounds better either?

8 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Horlufemi(m): 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
haconjy:
what I really hate about the issues is that most respected leaders in the church answer him...

because they do answer him, it berates the respect for Christian wolves in sheep's clothing/superstars and church..

There, fixed.

You see not even mention of Christ.

Only you can free your mind from the daddy G.Hoes.

I'm just a filthy sinner, what do I know grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by nwakaibeya1: 1:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
Almost Everyone claims to know Jesus Christ and the commonest gift of Jesus Christ which is peace and power they don't have and can't sleep well at night yet claim all sorts of knowing Jesus Christ .The greatest problem in Christendom remains the fact that those who are spiritually blind are the ones who hastely speak when highly spiritual issues are raised about JESUSCHRIST, while those who know about the spiritual and are supposed to speak keep mute and watch because they understand the consequences of vain talk and challenge in highly spiritual issues hence We told you Justice and authority has come back and this is no holds barred,all inclusive truth and revelation and that is why when we say kingdom of Jesus Christ has come back and you that claim to know Jesus Christ must ask him or ask those who know better than you about the times and season of JESUSCHRIST >Mathew 13,13-14,Jeremiah 12,10 Jeremiah 5,21-23 More than ever We have made it clear that The Problem of human beings is Church leaders,pastors and prophets and who on earth and beyond can challenge the truth? God says judgement will start from pulpit and they dont know JESUS CHRIST has come back as WE SAID ?can you give what you dont have? PEACE AS JESUSCHRIST GIVES is very very SCARCE among SO CALLED BORNAGAINS, PROPHETS and PASTORS and they cant GIVE It to followers and followers remain in evil bondage even you that talk don't understand what JESUSCHRIST peace means and don't have it ?why not go back to those whom they claim to have saved,healed or prophesied to and find out that they don't have peace and cant even sleep well at night and have no real PEACE and they remain even worse and PRETEND and if it is lies that we are saying let any of them reading this truth and revelation confront us spiritualy asap>even you and PASTORS and PROPHETS claiming BIG and I know JESUSCHRIST cant agree to the hot truth from my unbelievable source?do you know that the ARRIVAL of GOOD is always after much have been destroyed and as we have come now with the LIGHT and the MANTLE and UNBELIEVABLE POWER that be>Where are the PROPHETS WHO CLAIM TO SEE TOMORROW AND PROPHESY WITHOUT SOLUTIONS don't they have eyes anymore to see who is declaring that Kingdom of JESUSCHRIST has come back ? We say it without reservations that Kingdom of Jesus Christ has come TO judge AND revenge PEOPLE NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE ON THE EARTH AND THIS IS HIGHLY SPIRITUAL AND YOU must be REALLY wise TO escape THE Judgement FOR YOUR own good AND who can battle US who is also talking about the same JESUS CHRIST that you claim to know AND THE GOD OF JUSTICE? it means that in all we are saying i am included ?>Remember that we told you that Evil marine,occult kingdom and evil family wickedness rules and many CLAIMING TO know AND DON'T know JESUS CHRIST HAVE root AND POWER FROM THERE AND pretend BUT CAN NEVER PRETEND TO US WITH THE UNBELIEVABLE POWER>WE TOLD YOU THAT the world is not lacking in mercy but only lacking in justice and that is why there's no PEACE even as JESUS CHRIST promised?>WE keep asking WHO CAN BATTLE WITH GOD OF JUSTICE&WHO CAN SPEAK IF GOD HAS NOT SPOKEN?KINGDOM OF JESUS CHRIST HAS COMEBACK AND WHY NOT INVESTIGATE THIS UNHEARD TRUTH?but all we speak is time will always tell who is Evil or good so do not be in a hurry to speak after reading INVESTIGATE AND THINK AS THIS IS NOT CONVENTIONAL PLEASE COME AND BE BORN AGAIN >THIS IS ACCEPT MY TRUTH OR PERISH AUTHORITY HAS COME BACK TO THE EARTH

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Abudu2000(m): 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
haconjy:

because they do answer him, it berates the respect for Christian leaders and church..
that's to tell you that they knew freeze was being truthful and it hurts them that the cash will stop coming in grin who want make him business spoil?? I was expecting some to even come out and challenged the members by telling them to stop tithing for like 3months and see how miserable their life would become, but instead you threaten them that they are under a curse So bill Gates and dangote are under a curse, abge I want that kind of curse for my life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by kense88: 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
No, he is not you . Definitely one the very few left, who are not afraid to speak the truth, unlike you. You should be ashamed of yourself. People are suffering and your so called men of god are busy buying private jet, in the face of unemployment, hardship and so many ills which has befallen this country. They can't even speak out against the government of today, whom have denied the common his basic needs. How can Osibanjo be part of this government, a so called pastor? Please don't tell me is the responsibility of the government, we already know we have a completely non-existence government and what to do about it, is a topic for another day. But that doesn't stop the church from coming to aid of a common man on the street. How many private jet did jesus have? did he lead a luxurious life style, when he was on earth? did he not share the very little he had among the poor? what did he do with the gift lazarus offered to him? he shared it among the poor unlike your greedy pastor, who would even collect from the poor .
Please don't point at some little to non-existence charity organization affiliated to there churches, they established just to deceive gullible and unintelligent fellows like you. It is not enough when people are still suffering and struggling to eat(his church members inclusive) and you still have enough to buy buying private jet. Been a pastor should be all about making sacrifices. Jesus gave the little he had to the poor and went hungry. Even michael jackson, the so called member illumanti has made far contribution to the betterment of human than your selfish pastors and definitely more christ like as far as the world is concerned(you can check his name in the Guinness book of records, if your doubting me)than your hypocrite pastors.
You need to wake up man, you need to

7 Likes

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by aspirebig: 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
Except if you are a false Pastor.....Daddy Freeze message isn't suppose to bother you.

Just today in the church ..... Pastors were even complaining of the the different kinds of money that members are asked to pay.

Tithe was not among the things Jesus preached.
Jesus came and die for us to have life in abundance....does that abundance exclude material and financial riches?

God never asked people to pay tithe before they will receive his blessings...

If tithe is the parameter for God blessings... then read your Bible very well.... the likes of Solomon, Joseph that was sold into slavery.. and later became very rich ...Abraham....father of all nations.....David ..the man after God's heart...Daniel .etc..how many tithe did they pay?

Pastors should preach Salvation, repentance, ten commandments, righteous life and good Christian lifestyle, charity, forgiveness,being prayerful, fasting, thanksgiving, brokenness,judgement day, hell fire,agape love, revival services, winning of souls crusade,being God fearing etc....

And not riches, motivational talks, prosperity, tithe, covenant seed.

Churches now talk of prosperity alone.The same bible that said ..."love not the world "

God will help us.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by dermmy(m): 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hiccups:
shocked

I love this, GOD bless you.

1 Like

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by jimcaddy(m): 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
Like an adage says; The lizard enters the wall because of the cracks found on the wall. Some pastors caused all these. Christianity has become the object and subject of ridicule amongst non believers and the so called believers and more importantly, the Church is doing nothing to stop the debacle.
Different churches spring up, take certain biblical doctrines and follow it and force it upon their members. Well don't get me wrong, there will always be diversity in any social or religious gathering, but the way the Church is going about certain principles is so alarming. Now the Church is seen as a money making venture hence the attraction. Ask any Nigerian, they'll tell you that starting a church has become a very lucrative business. The way pastors flaunt wealth brazenly leaves so much to be desired. Despite the massive poverty in the land. The politics in churches these days is very intense. We seem to have brought the "Nigerian" attitude in us into churches. It's only in the Church where front seats are reserved for the rich and the influential. The back seat is for regular members. Only in the church is where committees are set up and headed by the rich and in influential. So much segregation in the church. Going to church for me in the past was a very terrible experience. I didn't come from a rich family, but the level of oppression i faced in the church from rich members' children was so traumatic. I was made jest of becuase they either found faults in my choice of dressing to the church or my haircut. I was mocked in the church, shamed. It got so bad that i had to leave that church. The bigger churches remain big, while the upcoming small churches will remain small. No funding from the bigger churches down to the smaller churches. The pastors of the small churches are made to source for funds to run the small churches, hence making thin gods over time. So much to talk about. The issue of tithing and first fruits have been really controversial as most churches have different doctrines. But i will prefer we all follow what your heart says. God sees the heart. If i have 50 naira as offering money and i drop it in church with my whole heart, and there is a rich man who drops 1m naira just to show off in church. The rich man will be recognized and clapped for, and probably made a deacon in the church, but in the heavenly reigns, God will accept the 50 naira of the poor man than the 1m naira of the rich man. God has given us the power of freewill to do whatever that suits us. We will all die and answer to the Almighty one day. As for Daddy Freeze, I won't say he is right, neither will I castigate him that he is wrong. Only God can judge that. You do what you feel is right and what you feel will be acceptable in the sight of your maker.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Swints: 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
Afonjanightmare:

It's better you die in that your self inflicted pain o, you are highly irrelevant to mankind and christiandom. Just because someone doesn't take bank loan to start a church business doesn't mean he's not a Christian or cannot dish out worthy opinion, who told you Freeze has backslided? Self righteous ugly MOFO!!!
Thank you for this comment! Please help me ask the op where freeze has said people shld not read the Bible or obey God! Rather the guy has been pushing pple to study the word deeply rather than relying on what the pastor says alone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by Revolva(m): 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
read dis from warren buffet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by An2elect2(f): 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Well we know what the like of Kumuyi, Adeboye has achieved for the faith.

What has freeze ever done for the faith.
That boy always seek popularity by attacking other.
Them way he attacked a comedian last year that almost cost him his job
What have mr Kumuyi and Adeboye done for the faith except destroy it?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by bidahjay: 1:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
generaliy:
It is so painful to realise that a backsliding man who has fallen from the faith and some entirely non-believing wretched sinners are now creating "standards" for the church to discuss or debate, it is a pain too much to bear for anyone who understands what the church should be doing presently in the programme of God.

It is more painful to see supposed Christians carried away by "Every wind of doctrine", making a shipwreck of their faith after reading a few well crafted doctrinal errors laced with generous overdose of heresies.

The problem of the church is fundamental, it is not spontaneous as it seems, it is a gradual, systematic, stealth but not invisible departure from the basics, a gradual lowering of standards, a shift from the pattern as laid by the early Apostles...depth in the word seems not to matter anymore, and we created trouble, without knowing it, or maybe we knew, but we just felt it's not much of a trouble and played indifference.

This is like the proverbial iroko tree hitherto left to thrive by the landowner's indifference, which later grows into a sacrifice-demanding demi god, we are all paying the price for our consistent inconsistencies, our unattended "minors", we all nurtured this demonic iroko to its present height, only to discover it's a harbinger of terror, horror and pain!

The church has departed from systematic study of the scriptures, searching the scriptures now seems tedious and unattractive, in its stead, we have created events, several of them, it is not uncommon to see banners after banners, from Oshodi to Ojota, from Allen to Ajah, promoting shows after shows, music shows, comedy shows, business sessions, and what have you, seeing a church banner of events dedicated solely to bible studies is now harder than having a camel pass through the needle eye!

Brother "A" is new in church, in our bid to prevent the next church adjacent our's from snatching him, we give him positions meant for the bone-chewers while he's yet to master the art of digesting milk properly, we award Phd honours to elementary level Christians, shame!

We have consequences, Pastors who are barely born again, Christians without root, easily swayed, not unflinching in convictions, they rely on the next CDs from "Papa", and bingo, add from knowledge gained from some motivational classes, the Bible is just an addition to support their speeches of errors and intrinsic balderdash, the church yells at their mastery of choice words, somebody shouts hallelujah, they're urged to ride on and preach more, yet rhema is alien to the man on the pulpit, basic scriptural convictions are replaced with "philosophies of men so called"!

The only solution to these fundamentals is the Holy Spirit, unfortunately, He has been largely impersonated and extensively misrepresented, the blubbering in senseless conjuction of "Skabash" and "Yadoosa" has been sold to millions as the Spirit of Yahweh, no, that's no Yahweh spirit, it's purely "Yahoo", fraudulent tongues in the name of Jesus!

If you're lucky to find yourself in a Bible believing church (There can be differences in administration, doctrines are NOT meant to differ, the Bible is ONE and should remain so), dig and keep digging for more rhema, if you're not convinced in your spirit (Your pastors do not rebuke you for your sins, instead, you're rewarded and applauded because you can easily drop seeds ans commitments) then find your way out quickly, very quickly!

If and only if you could get to the extent of being deeply rooted, a million Daddy freeze will no longer be your challenge, rather, you'll be challenged to pray for him to see the light, you'll not curse his soul, you'll take it to his maker in prayers!

Ilesanmi Iyanu Samuel writes from Lagos, Nigeria.

Daddy Freeze has scored more points than all of you together, he states the Bible reference for all the points raised, you guys are attacking him , with insults, emotion and abuse without countering his argument with the Bible chapters and verses. God can use anything to start a revival, is not in your place to judge Daddy Freeze, let God do the judging. If you cannot show me in the Bible where Jesus or the early apostles received tithe, then don't tell me about it,because i am not under the Jewish law.

Even in today's Israel, tithing has been abolished because the Levitical tribe that collect tithe is one of the lost tribes of Israel. If we must pay tithe according the law of Moses, then we must keep the Sabbath holy and fulfill all other requirements of the law. Jesus has fulfill the requirements of the law, and every giving must be by love and as a man purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of a necessity.... go and look for the meaning of these words by Apostle Paul.

I stand with Daddy Freeze, proof me wrong with the Bible.

Good bless you and happy Sunday!

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by generaliy: 1:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
Afonjanightmare:

It's better you die in that your self inflicted pain o, you are highly irrelevant to mankind and christiandom. Just because someone doesn't take bank loan to start a church business doesn't mean he's not a Christian or cannot dish out worthy opinion, who told you Freeze has backslided? Self righteous ugly MOFO!!!

I would have given you a response but your moniker gave you away as an irredeemable bigot with absolutely no traces of modern civility, run along kid!

1 Like

Re: Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? by chloedogie(m): 1:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
Horlufemi:

You are tithing wrongly. At least from the Bible says about tithe.

1. You don't tithe money.
2. If you must tithe money it has to be 30%
3. Tithe is yearly
4.Every three years you give your tithe to the orphans and widows.
Etc
At least in the Bible.
Tithing is law. We are no longer under law.
Tithing is like telling me to make sacrifices. It's mandatory 10%.
Under grace it's about you giving according to what you feel. 0% or 100%. In that giving you give not selling returns. A lot of Christians tithe to get returns. They are playing bet9ja with tithes and offerings. I don't claim to know God but Christians don't know God. If they do they will know that He blesses you without you giving him one Kobo. He is the owner of the universe. God is love. Give to the poor, by doing that you are showing them God's love.

I am born again and I love God. I don't like these pastors because they are against everything God stands for. See I'm not rich but I'm not poor. I rather give my money to the poor than these pastors. Why? Because I am showing them God's love. It's better than the love pastors show them.

I don't claim to hear from God but I know that giving to fellow Christians who are in need is better than giving to a pastor who already has sooo much.

A true Christian doesn't need a Rolls Royce he needs a car. A true Christian doesn't need a private jet. There are alternatives.

I can't change your mind because of the cult like love you have for your G.Hoe (it's not blasphemy. If you feel it's blasphemy, it's a fire sure sign of brain conditioning aka brainwashing wink grin ). Sit down think from the area of love, the love for God. By their fruits you shall know them. (You know the fruits of the spirit)

There is no how you can claim being born again and you call the general overseer "G.HOE". You won't even address your boss in the office like that. You contradict yourself. Those are fathers. Calling someone's father a hoe says all about you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Exclusive Pictures of Pastor Oritsejafor’s Jet / Rev. George Jonathan Dodo Is Dead / Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Travis Greene - Made A Way (gospel Music)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.