Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,704 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy (32127 Views)

Partial disconnection: Glo Subscribers To Be Barred From Calling MTN Lines - NCC / Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide / Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by dankol: 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2017
THATS ACTUALLY VERY TRUE AND A TIMELY LETTER. BUT THEN CHECK OUT THIS SCHOLARSHIP

St Antony’s College, University of Oxford, in partnership with the international integrated energy company Eni, is offering up to three students from Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Nigeria, or the Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville) the opportunity to study for a fully funded degree in 2018/19.

About the scholarship

This scholarships will allow St Antony’s to admit up to three of the best African students irrespective of means and will add immeasurably to the diverse and intellectual character of the College. This is part of a joint initiative between Eni & St Antony’s College to invest in and strengthen African leadership.

St Antony's and Eni are equally keen to provide encouragement and where possible, structured incentives for Eni Scholars to continue their studies or find useful employment back in their home country after graduating from Oxford. Discussions about this are ongoing and scholars will be informed of relevant contacts and partnerships as they emerge.

Am I eligible?

The scholarships are open to applicants who are ordinarily resident in Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Nigeria, and the Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville). Preference will be given to applicants whose first degree is from an African university.

The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of both academic merit and potential and financial need. Preference will be given to applicants who have clear ambitions to use their accumulated learning to benefit their home country after graduation.

Please ensure you meet the requirements for entry to your course, including English language requirements. See the University's course guide for more information.

Applicants must apply for admission to one of the following eligible courses:

1 year Master’s courses in

MSc African Studies

MSc Economic & Social History

MSc Economics for Development

MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy

What does it cover?

100% of university and college fees, and an annual grant for living costs of £14,553 for 12 month courses and £10,915 for 9 month courses. The stipend for courses with different durations will be adjusted accordingly.

The scholarship also covers one economy return airfare from your home country to the UK at the start and end of your course.

How do I apply?
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by pablobellins(m): 3:44pm On Nov 26, 2017
johnwizey:
How can one activate that airtel plan
were you able to activate? and is it working well?
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by Bright9239(m): 3:56pm On Nov 26, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Dear Globacom,

I must say that I'm really happy that the data cap on your data plans were increased and we all are quite grateful for that. I also want to thank you for all the bonuses and promos (at least that is what is keeping some of us from porting) .However, with all due respect your data services in most areas are very slow and nothing to write home about. Around my area, It's quite slow and the only place I get to see a full 3G connection is in the toilet and I keep wondering why it has to be the toilet of all places.

Sometimes, when the network speed seems to improve, it would drop drastically in a few minutes .It seems Glo officials in Nigeria have started using other networks to surf the web because the current download speed is enough to wait for the second coming of Christ. I'm sure other subscribers would have their own unfortunate tales to tell about your data services. Most of us don't even use up to half of the plans we paid for before it expires. The network speed is very frustrating. Imagine taking over 25 minutes to download a file of 40MB. I'm actually wondering if the money meant for improving your network's services are being used for entertainment shows instead.

I heard 9Mobile is being sold and you're listed as one of the top 10 companies that want to buy the company. On behalf of other subscribers, Please try to make the deal successful because we all certainly hope it would improve your services nationwide and please don't allow 9mobile's spamming influence your network.

Almost every USSD code dialed on 9mobile returns results as an SMS, please don't impose it on us as we will not hesitate to port. The second thing I believe majority of my fellow subscribers strongly kick against is the fact that you keep calling us with strange numbers every day. You call us more than husbands call their spouses and more than boyfriends call their girlfriends and we wonder if we are actually dating you. It is really annoying and the most painful part of the whole thing is when someone is expecting an important call then you start calling us.

I know some people activated DnD (Do not Disturb) Mode on their respective lines but now you have resorted to calling us as the only way to reach us. I won't say this particular problem is not on all networks but no day on planet earth passes by without any subscriber receiving more than 3 calls from you guys. One day, I was expecting a very important call and my phone was plugged my room and i almost tripped rushing to answer the call only to hear a robot talking to me. I was utterly disgusted.

I'm still trying to understand what type of advertising that is because to the best of my knowledge, an average Nigerian would not spend time listening to a computer on the phone yet you won't put an end to the calls. Believe me, the only time subscribers can really listen to all that computer talk is when we have actually called the customer care line to rectify a problem. We pay you for the services offered to us and we deserve at least a simple code to opt out from all the calls. The ads we see on billboards, social media and on the television is enough for all of us. On behalf of all Glo subscribers, I sincerely ask that you fix these issues .

We do hope you redeem your name from ''Slow With Pride'' and ''Grand Snail Of Data'' to ''Glo with Pride'' , Unlimited or rather as ''The Grand Masters Of Data'' as you call yourself. Forgive my rant , I'm just a frustrated subscriber who wants a better network

Yours Sincerely,
NaijaTechGuy
An Angry Glo Subscriber.
That's a true talk.
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by Tokotaya: 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
Glo is OK for me here. I went to Ilepa Akokan near Ifo, Ogun State yesterday with 2 lines. There were places we reached that only my Glo line had network. Not just network but 3g Network and I browsed effortlessly throughout. I don't understand what this OP is talking about.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by shakaragirl: 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
Glo is good please

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by matrixme(m): 4:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
pablobellins:
Wait a minute, did u just say the Airtel Bus works on Android? as in perfectly well?
Yes. Check back. Pasted a guide. Currently using it

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by enonche85(m): 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
If u have a problem with any of the networks, call NCC on 622 and report the issue. It's their toll free line.
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by enonche85(m): 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
shakaragirl:
Glo is good please

Only in Lagos.
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2017
Berley:
Dear Naijatechguy,

As some of the people have said why don't you just dump the network and move on. Do you think that your rantings are going to change anything for yourself or all your fellow complainers. Looks like you have taken a lot pain to document your grievances. In today's day and age if you get no joy there is no need for this, all you need to do is change your sim or port out to a network of your choice. Being a tech guy,as you call yourself,I am sure you know all that. So then what is the purpose of your long epistle. Get a sneaky feeling that you have been paid for this stupid attack by someone who is jealous of what Glo is offering its subscribers. From a happy subscriber!
Lol bro well. I won't say I haven't used Glo when it's fast but for the past two months its been quite unbearable browsing with it. I subscribed for the two months plan and i have not even used up to half yet. Apart from that , I didn't add the fact that all websites created with Blogger do not open on Glo. currently so I'm actually very disappointed with the network right now.
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by benzems(m): 4:38pm On Nov 26, 2017
Daeylar:

All Glo subscribers,??
Nigerians really need to Learn to speak for themselves
Speak for yourself op

Glo network is one of the fastest and most stable network here, if not the most.

That said glo can improve, it's not reasonable when you network is good in one part of the country and not good in another part, but don't make it seem like Glo is terrible every where.

A file to 40mb wouldn't even take up to 2 minutes to download where I am.

Where is your area?
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by donqx: 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
glo has always been a useless network since day 1. the poor data service makes me switch to another reliable network for years and didn't regret it
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by iambabaG: 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
gholy292:
For me I'll stick with my Airtel 4GB for 1k monthly plan which is still fair enough since it reach me to download my series and browse for almost a month on my phantom 5

For real..
kindly help me with the code
Reliability over useless quantity all-day/everyday
#TeamAirtel
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by umehoma(m): 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
I'm just happy that anywhere I go I always get 3G network on Glo. I know some people complain about the data reception but I'm always lucky to always be where the network is ultra fast and it's dope mehn!

NaijaTechGuy:
Dear Globacom,

I must say that I'm really happy that the data cap on your data plans were increased and we all are quite grateful for that. I also want to thank you for all the bonuses and promos (at least that is what is keeping some of us from porting) .However, with all due respect your data services in most areas are very slow and nothing to write home about. Around my area, It's quite slow and the only place I get to see a full 3G connection is in the toilet and I keep wondering why it has to be the toilet of all places.

Sometimes, when the network speed seems to improve, it would drop drastically in a few minutes .It seems Glo officials in Nigeria have started using other networks to surf the web because the current download speed is enough to wait for the second coming of Christ. I'm sure other subscribers would have their own unfortunate tales to tell about your data services. Most of us don't even use up to half of the plans we paid for before it expires. The network speed is very frustrating. Imagine taking over 25 minutes to download a file of 40MB. I'm actually wondering if the money meant for improving your network's services are being used for entertainment shows instead.

I heard 9Mobile is being sold and you're listed as one of the top 10 companies that want to buy the company. On behalf of other subscribers, Please try to make the deal successful because we all certainly hope it would improve your services nationwide and please don't allow 9mobile's spamming influence your network.

Almost every USSD code dialed on 9mobile returns results as an SMS, please don't impose it on us as we will not hesitate to port. The second thing I believe majority of my fellow subscribers strongly kick against is the fact that you keep calling us with strange numbers every day. You call us more than husbands call their spouses and more than boyfriends call their girlfriends and we wonder if we are actually dating you. It is really annoying and the most painful part of the whole thing is when someone is expecting an important call then you start calling us.

I know some people activated DnD (Do not Disturb) Mode on their respective lines but now you have resorted to calling us as the only way to reach us. I won't say this particular problem is not on all networks but no day on planet earth passes by without any subscriber receiving more than 3 calls from you guys. One day, I was expecting a very important call and my phone was plugged my room and i almost tripped rushing to answer the call only to hear a robot talking to me. I was utterly disgusted.

I'm still trying to understand what type of advertising that is because to the best of my knowledge, an average Nigerian would not spend time listening to a computer on the phone yet you won't put an end to the calls. Believe me, the only time subscribers can really listen to all that computer talk is when we have actually called the customer care line to rectify a problem. We pay you for the services offered to us and we deserve at least a simple code to opt out from all the calls. The ads we see on billboards, social media and on the television is enough for all of us. On behalf of all Glo subscribers, I sincerely ask that you fix these issues .

We do hope you redeem your name from ''Slow With Pride'' and ''Grand Snail Of Data'' to ''Glo with Pride'' , Unlimited or rather as ''The Grand Masters Of Data'' as you call yourself. Forgive my rant , I'm just a frustrated subscriber who wants a better network

Yours Sincerely,
NaijaTechGuy
An Angry Glo Subscriber.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by abayomiopeoluwa: 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Dear Globacom,

Yours Sincerely,
NaijaTechGuy
An Angry Glo Subscriber.
So emotional! With Glo we keep rising! Merry Christmas to we glo users

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by trendsgirl: 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
Glo is superb in my area! I guess d writer was paid to do this!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 26, 2017
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by abayomiopeoluwa: 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Dear Globacom,

Yours Sincerely,
NaijaTechGuy
An Angry Glo Subscriber.

Sincerely glo had shown high esteem towards consumers

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by PaddyX: 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2017
matrixme:
Stop writing an open letter to glo when there are other better networks for browsing. Their internet is pound wise, penny foolish. Airtel 3gig Bis still working on Android is 1,000. MTN data resell starts from 600 naira. You don't have to address their owners or write long speech to liberate yourself.
Guy please what's the code
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by PaddyX: 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
gholy292:
lies airtel is much more better I get 1.5GB for 200naira and also 500MB for 25naira and then 4GB for 1k these are their best data plan I must confess
Abeg what are the codes
Help a brother
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by Oluwaseyi456(m): 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
To crown it all my samsung device pickup sms was put away by that yeye glo,i regreted that i registered wit 08152080886 for npower.til date i never collect my device
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by Oluwaseyi456(m): 7:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
To crown it all my samsung device pickup sms was put away by that yeye glo,i regreted that i registered wit 08152080886 for npower.til date i never collect my device..GLO D GRANDMASTER OF FAILURE
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by matrixme(m): 7:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
PaddyX:
Guy please what's the code
check out previous pages
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by Doctee: 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2017
I think glo rocks best with China products eg infinix techno etc
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by Tongsman(m): 8:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
Drabeey:
oh i should add this..

I dont know what connection you guys (glo) have with PHCN. Whenever i have light in my office the network automatically run away. Abi na only me?

drabeey was HERE
thought this happens to just me, I've experienced this times without number, I have to do something else until there is power outage before I start to access the internet, it's really frustrating.
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by kolaaderin: 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
thrillionaire:
I wonder how come a lot of people complain about globacom. The network is excellent everywhere I've being in the past 2 years. from Abuja to Jos to IMO state... even while traveling past states I'm able to browse with decent network.

Well, glo should listen to these complaints and up their game in affected areas. For me, I enjoy glo so much (with just little network downtime though).

My brother I tire for Nigerians oooooo

Nigerians will always exhibit that Stockholm syndrome for their Enemies (MTN AND THE REST) and hate what belongs to them for no reasons (GLO) , for me GLO has been wonderful.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by kolaaderin: 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Lol bro well. I won't say I haven't used Glo when it's fast but for the past two months its been quite unbearable browsing with it. I subscribed for the two months plan and i have not even used up to half yet. Apart from that , I didn't add the fact that all websites created with Blogger do not open on Glo. currently so I'm actually very disappointed with the network right now.

YOU !!! not others. As for me I m Pleased with them perfectly.
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by Luckynero28: 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
dingbang:
code please
Please let me have the code
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by ayobamiakinrind(m): 11:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
Who dash u seal of trust? undecided
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by Bigsteveg(m): 11:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
babablogger:
Even Mike Adenuga no fit talk say him dey use glo browse
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
This one is epic
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by Konquest: 7:14am On Nov 27, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Dear Globacom,

Yours Sincerely,
NaijaTechGuy
An Angry Glo Subscriber.
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
grin...The Slow Masters of Data...Slow with Pride!
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by akeensbussy(m): 8:10am On Nov 27, 2017
gholy292:
airtel is much more better I get 1.5GB for 200naira and also 500MB for 25naira and then 4GB for 1k these are their best data plan I must confess followed by 9mobile

I need the subscription code....
Re: An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy by lexzyy(m): 10:44am On Nov 27, 2017
gholy292:
it works on pc, android iOS and all devices dial *431# then reply with # then reply with 2 and see the magic make sure you have 1k on your phone
Na BB plan be dat now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Get First Bank Quick Loan, With No Collateral (student Loan) / Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? / NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.