Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

My Jumia Global Shopping Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Jumia Global Shopping Experience (3641 Views)

How Jumia Exposed My Girlfriend / I Bought Car 3k On Jumia Black Friday See The Nonsense They Gave Me. PHOTOS / KONJI THINGS! Lovers Seen Making Out In Public At Maryland Shopping Mall-video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Jumia Global Shopping Experience by IAmSkinny: 9:42am On Nov 26, 2017
When it comes to online shopping in Nigeria, so many people find it really sceptical and unreliable including myself but my experience with Jumia Nigeria changed my line of thought for good.

My Experience with Jumia

Some weeks ago, I wanted to get a manual speedlight for my Sony mirror less camera, unfortunately, I was on a very tight budget so I decided to just dig around the internet and maybe find myself some sort of deal. My first stop was Jumia Nigeria and I found the prices of most of the speedlight there ridiculously cheap plus there were original products with good quality. My eyes could not believe what I was seeing so I cleared my browser history and restarted it, went back to Jumia Nigeria again and I was greeted with the same good news.
Well, I really wanted an affordable manual speedlight so I decided to “risk” it. Reluctantly, I opened an account with Jumia Nigeria with details like my name, Email and residential address. The speedlight which I wanted ( a triopo) was to ship from overseas which heightened my sixth sense. Items that ship from overseas take an average of ten to twenty business days to deliver according to Jumia Nigeria . Now that was another red flag.

However, I placed the order and selected the option of pick up station which was very close to my place. Now things started getting really interesting when I chose to pay with Jumia pay: I was given a discount of 5%. Jumia pay is the best online payment as far as I am concerned. Read more about Jumia Pay Here.

After placing my order and everything (the product shipped from China), I was sent a mail to confirm my order which I did. Two days later, I got a confirmation message that my product had shipped along with a tracking code. Could you believe my package landed with six working day? Just last week, I was called to come pick up my package at the pick up station which I chose. The following day, I just strolled down to Jumia’s warehouse and claimed my package. The package was well sealed with my name and phone number written on over it.

The only thing I don’t like about buying from Jumia Global is the delivery period which is a bit lengthy plus products that ship from overseas lack warrantee. There is no pay on delivery for products that ship from overseas.

Aside that, everything is great. Most of the products that ship from overseas can hardly be found in the Nigerian market. For instance, I couldn’t find replacement battery for my Sony camera anywhere in Nigeria but I did find it on Jumia although it ships from China. I have placed my order already.
I think Jumia Global is a great place to buy affordable, scarce and original cameras and other accessories in Nigeria. Shipping is quite fast plus there is no way you are going to get scammed. I recommend Jumia Global 100%

http://www.fototech.com.ng/jumia-overseas-shopping-experience/

1 Like

Re: My Jumia Global Shopping Experience by IAmSkinny: 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun... As this one no be snake � thread abi?
Re: My Jumia Global Shopping Experience by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
IAmSkinny:
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun... As this one no be snake � thread abi?
hah haha
Baba just take heart, and this is the wrong place to post
Re: My Jumia Global Shopping Experience by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
Jumia black Friday is a fraud.
Re: My Jumia Global Shopping Experience by TheManofTomorrow(m): 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
No offence but you sound more like their marketer than their client.

Is it not the same Jumia that I wanted to buy infinix hot 5 that bleeped up real bad?

I have been eyeing the thing for like a month now and it was 35k. They increased the price to 40,∆00 yesterday and put -21% and later put 37,500 minus money for delivery. Something that is sold for 37,O00 in my locality.
They like taking advantage of gullible Nigerian. Don't be fooled.

2 Likes

Re: My Jumia Global Shopping Experience by Jointhemiltons2(m): 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
To me jumia is the best compared to Konga.
Jumia is sometimes cheap compared to konga.
Jumia ships products from overseas at a cheaper rate.
Re: My Jumia Global Shopping Experience by Jointhemiltons2(m): 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
TheManofTomorrow:

Is it not the same Jumia that I wanted to buy infinix hot 5 that bleeped up real bad?

I have been eyeing the thing for like a month now and it was 35k. They increased the price to 40,∆00 yesterday and put -21% and later put 37,500 minus money for delivery. Something that is sold for 37,O00 in my locality.
Y not buy it in ur locality. Mostly what you buy online are products dat re expensive in ur locality but cheaper online.
Re: My Jumia Global Shopping Experience by TheManofTomorrow(m): 7:30pm On Nov 26, 2017
Jointhemiltons2:

Y not buy it in ur locality. Mostly what you buy online are products dat re expensive in ur locality but cheaper online.
I am buying it in my locality hopefully this week. I am too broke to spare any extra money on top phone.
Re: My Jumia Global Shopping Experience by Eboski(m): 8:57pm On Nov 26, 2017
why did they introduced payment online?
Re: My Jumia Global Shopping Experience by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2017
Thanks for the testimony, have been really skeptical about it before. Would give the global service a trial now!
Re: My Jumia Global Shopping Experience by IAmSkinny: 10:25am On Nov 27, 2017
TheManofTomorrow:

Chairman, I have issues with Jumia up till now no lies, as a matter of fact, I don't buy local products from Jumia. Their prices are outrageous compared to what you get from buying overseas. I only go for overseas products which is cheap and original (cheaper than some goods sold in local outlets around) instead of stressing myself with all these importation brouhaha.

Do you know with 23k you can get a phone of 2gig RAM, 32gig ROM with a good CPU and battery on Jumia?
You can get complete suit on Jumia for 6k. The secret lies in products that ship from abroad.
Re: My Jumia Global Shopping Experience by IAmSkinny: 10:29am On Nov 27, 2017
AktorLee:
Thanks for the testimony, have been really skeptical about it before. Would give the global service a trial now!
Yes, it's a good initiative and I commend Jumia. At least we can enjoy all these Amazon and Ebay kind of deal in Nigeria without worrying about shipping and scammers.
Re: My Jumia Global Shopping Experience by IAmSkinny: 10:30am On Nov 27, 2017
Jointhemiltons2:
To me jumia is the best compared to Konga.
Jumia is sometimes cheap compared to konga.
Jumia ships products from overseas at a cheaper rate.
Yes oo. Konga products are very expensive compared to Jumia.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get Over This / Men show their 'breast' In public why Is the women chest A Taboo ? / She Said Can We Just Be Friends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.