Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,381 members, 7,800,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Do Governor Have Authority Over Kings Like Ooni Of Ife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Governor Have Authority Over Kings Like Ooni Of Ife (535 Views)

I Regret Not Achieving Everything I Wanted To Do - Governor Ajimobi "Eight Years / Peter Obi: Which Of The Western Governor Have Done These To Other Region-photos / Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Governor Have Authority Over Kings Like Ooni Of Ife by tonybank01: 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2017
There is controversy do governor of each state as authority over Oba like ooni of ife, awujale, alafin of oyo, Oba of Benin and other kings in yourba land after they have been crowned as a king but to my own opinion governor do not have authority over them because they endorsed the governor to be

Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Kings Like Ooni Of Ife by dammiecool(m): 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2017
Yes
Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Kings Like Ooni Of Ife by AnodaIT(m): 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2017
All traditional heads including the Sultan of Sokoto, Ooni, Oba, Obi, Edidem are all under the Commissioner of Chieftaincy in the respective states
Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Kings Like Ooni Of Ife by Munae(f): 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
tradition pass government. .
Take it from me who stayed in Benin, Oba b like god for there.
You can't implement policies that will affect the Oba negatively.
Oshiomole can testify.
Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Kings Like Ooni Of Ife by whitebeard(m): 12:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
Munae:
tradition pass government.

Take it from me who stayed in Benin, Oba b like god for there.

You can't implement policies that will affect the Oba negatively.

Oshiomole can testify.
it simply because the governors of now are weak, they dont state police they can mobilise whenever they feel like it..

I personally think they are different, one is elected by the people the other we know how he got their, one is traditional one is constitutional, one represents the state, the other represents traditional people, they don't mix, one can decide to be humble, and on the other decide not to be , there is no law that says o e is higher than the other, but from the obvious, the state governor is more powerful.
Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Kings Like Ooni Of Ife by eposho: 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
whitebeard:
it simply because the governors of now are weak, they dont state police they can mobilise whenever they feel like it..

I personally think they are different, one is elected by the people the other we know how he got their, one is traditional one is constitutional, one represents the state, the other represents traditional people, they don't mix, one can decide to be humble, and on the other decide not to be , there is no law that says o e is higher than the other, but from the obvious, the state governor is more powerful.
the sooner this part of culture /government is understood by all the better for our democracy,
abacha took it to another level the other day by reading the riot act when he banned the oni/lamido.
a weaker government and a stronger tradition will always distort our constitution.
most kings of today do know the border line but decide to push it beyond limit ref. olubada/ajimobi.
we are a developing country and all institutions must follow suit.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fayose, EFCC Quarrel Over Pension Thieves’ Mansion Allegedly Sold To Falana / Food Scarcity Looms As FOBTOB Begins Nationwide Indefinite Strike / Between State Of Osun And Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.