Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Going Into Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Going Into Music (910 Views)

Ronaldinho Goes Into Music. / Sir_cusher Into Music Competition / What's Nairaland's Support For Nairalanders That Are Into Music Production ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going Into Music by caspervenice(m): 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hey music gurus...
I want to know what is involved when going into the Music Industry..
Like what your management team should be like..
Like contacts that favour artists...

And how to know when you're been robbed by your record...

Thanks in addy for the response
Re: Going Into Music by caspervenice(m): 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
Cc lala
Cc seun

Please move to fp e daku
Re: Going Into Music by caspervenice(m): 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
Cc. Lalasticlala
Re: Going Into Music by Naijatastic: 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
hmm..
Re: Going Into Music by caspervenice(m): 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
E no good oo Una no wan epp pesin
Re: Going Into Music by caspervenice(m): 5:35am On Nov 27, 2017
60views just one comment
Re: Going Into Music by Tbeiz: 7:46am On Nov 28, 2017
60 views, 1 comment: That's because most people don't know what it takes on paper. Everybody tries different things hoping to "blow".

There's a lot involved and you are on the right track by asking.
I don't think the music industry here is standard enough and really doing what they are supposed to.
How many labels out there exist and how many artist are on such labels? Choc City ,X3M Music , Baseline records, HKN, YBNL ,Mavins,G-Worldwide, Kennis Music? How many of them have A&R personnels that spend time looking for new talent.
Besides there are different approaches to Music industry or music scene as I would call it.
Also. there different deals to to be signed if u are eventually picked up as an Artist.
You can also go the route of an Indie Artist where you have some good money, get a good producer, a good manager and promote your songs ,play at gigs, until you eventually become big .
There's the route of going to a Music Talent Hunt show and then getting recognized ,That still didn't work for people like Mike Anyasodo (MTN Project Fame) and others, Iyanya had to struggle for almost 6years. Just a few out of the hundreds that come out still become big. And that's because after you win the Talent show, you are left all alone with your recording deal. There's no marketing or promo deal. Just you and your new songs.
There's more. Na hustle most people dey hustle.

1 Like

Re: Going Into Music by caspervenice(m): 9:38pm On Dec 02, 2017
Tbeiz:
60 views, 1 comment: That's because most people don't know what it takes on paper. Everybody tries different things hoping to "blow".

There's a lot involved and you are on the right track by asking.
I don't think the music industry here is standard enough and really doing what they are supposed to.
How many labels out there exist and how many artist are on such labels? Choc City ,X3M Music , Baseline records, HKN, YBNL ,Mavins,G-Worldwide, Kennis Music? How many of them have A&R personnels that spend time looking for new talent.
Besides there are different approaches to Music industry or music scene as I would call it.
Also. there different deals to to be signed if u are eventually picked up as an Artist.
You can also go the route of an Indie Artist where you have some good money, get a good producer, a good manager and promote your songs ,play at gigs, until you eventually become big .
There's the route of going to a Music Talent Hunt show and then getting recognized ,That still didn't work for people like Mike Anyasodo (MTN Project Fame) and others, Iyanya had to struggle for almost 6years. Just a few out of the hundreds that come out still become big. And that's because after you win the Talent show, you are left all alone with your recording deal. There's no marketing or promo deal. Just you and your new songs.
There's more. Na hustle most people dey hustle.7

Thanks alot man...
I question myself most times why record labels don't do the necessary things
Re: Going Into Music by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 03, 2017
The only contact you need iz 911. In case of emergency. *solid Star, remember*

1 Like

Re: Going Into Music by caspervenice(m): 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lol
Re: Going Into Music by skyhighweb(m): 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
i run a music studio in ekp coming to lagos this month ending one thing i notice with artist is they dont settle down with lyrics , dey sing one not so good song and run make video hoping u see my face i go blow syndrome.

best u do is work with ppeople who visualize every line of words and beat, once don ignore video making release a good track online follow by radio not 1 atleast 4 to 5.

remember every blown up artist that still strive have same thing in common

good beat and good lyrics b4 u start acting like an artist n start singing rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Going Into Music by caspervenice(m): 10:00am On Dec 05, 2017
skyhighweb:
i run a music studio in ekp coming to lagos this month ending one thing i notice with artist is they dont settle down with lyrics , dey sing one not so good song and run make video hoping u see my face i go blow syndrome.

best u do is work with ppeople who visualize every line of words and beat, once don ignore video making release a good track online follow by radio not 1 atleast 4 to 5.

remember every blown up artist that still strive have same thing in common

good beat and good lyrics b4 u start acting like an artist n start singing rubbish.

They are hitting the target market I guess...
Or maybe managers of artists with good lyrics/messages aren't doing enough I think it all comes to what the managering team brings to the table...
Re: Going Into Music by caspervenice(m): 9:01am On Dec 06, 2017
Music/entertainment is a combination of talent and business...

And I think when an artist doesn't know the business that goes round his talent... He is gone...

Common i need y'all in this thread...

(1) (Reply)

Music: Wizkid – Oh Baby Ft. Mut4y / [download Mp3] DJ Kaywise × Olamide – See Mary See Jesus / Nigerian Actor Odunlade Adekola Releases A New Song Titled – Omo Baba (Audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.