Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Mending Fences (romance) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mending Fences (romance) (76506 Views)

Poem - Mending Hearts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Qasaforlife(f): 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2017
So interesting.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by itsandi(m): 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
Loving this, continue please smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

Click!
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ishilove:

I wee give you uppercut cheesy

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Sandra23(f): 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2017

She was running late, she never ran late. She was always punctual

Martha cursed under her breath as she checked her wrist watch once again, that action only served to agitate her the more, but she couldn’t help it. She tapped her foot impatiently against the carpet of the taxi she was in, they were close to the house now, she could see some familiar houses.

Hopefully, nothing major had happened in her absence- not that such was very likely. Mr. Onoja usually slept in till around 8, when she would have to wake him up to have his bath, eat breakfast and take his medications. They would have to push up the time for his medications and she was very much mad about that. He hadn’t called her phone yet which meant that he was probably still asleep, but this was a dent on her immaculate record and Martha absolutely hate those. She was a perfectionist through and through, it was what had helped her through her studies as a Nursing Student, it was what had earned her the distinctions she made and gotten her this dream job. It peeved her when there was a dent in her plans.

“Driver, here, here.” She said hurriedly as soon a she sighted the house. The car came to a slow stop and she grabbed her bag and handed the driver four hundred naira, inwardly grateful that she had two notes of two hundred naira because she doubted she had the patience to wait for the man to get her change.

She hurried out of the car and rushed toward the back gate, she had her own key inside her back pocket and fished it out. She unlocked the gate with a little difficulty mostly because of her bag which kept getting in the way.

When she finally got the gate opened, she let out a sharp, “Yes!” under her breath. She rushed into the compound, a bit noisily If she may add, but she figured not enough to awaken her patient if he was still asleep. She opened the large screen door that led to the kitchen and rushed in. she dropped her bag on the centre table and began looking through it for her phone. She knew she was late anyway, she just wanted to know how late.

“Mr. Onoja, I’m so sorry for coming late.” She shouted, looking through her bag. Where the hell was her phone? She hated that her bag was filled with junk so much that she couldn’t even find her damned phone inside it, once again, she couldn’t stop from cursing under her breath. Today just seemed to be going wrong and it was much too early for things to be going wrong.

She finally reached the phone and pulled it out of the bag. She turned around to make her way to Mr. Onoja’s room when she found a strange man standing right behind the kitchen counter, “Ewudare!” she shouted as she lost hold of her phone. Who the hell was this man and how long had he been standing there? Why hadn’t she seen him when she entered.

He raised finely arched brows at her, but remained annoyingly quiet. Why wasn’t he explaining to her how he got into this house? Did Donald know of his presence here or had this man snuck in? was Mr. Onoja safe?

“Who the hell are you? And what are you doing here?” she asked.

“Alex Onoja, here to see my father, the owner of this house, now, tell me, Ewurade, what are you doing here?”

This man had to be mentally unwell, who the hell di he think he was coming into someone’s house and telling such a blatant lie? Mr. Onoja had no other kids aside Yvette and Lovette, he certainly had no son, the man had never mentioned another child and neither of the girls had told her they had a brother, “You can’t be Mr. Onoja’s son, I’ve never heard of you.”

“I’ve never heard of you either and you didn’t exactly use the right entrance, you still haven’t said who you are.”

It wasn’t his place to ask who she was, there had to be some mistake here and she was going to get to the root of it, she snatched her phone off the ground and walked away from him, “Donald!” she called out as she made her way to the front gate while the strange man watched her with amusement in his eyes. He could laugh all he wanted now, but she would be the one laughing when he was bundled out like the trespasser he was….considering his size, however, eh doubted Donald would have it easy bundling him out.

She went to the front door and opened it, “Donald!”

The security guard came running to her, “Martha, you’re here? You’re late today.” He observed, but she was in no mood for his observations

“There’s a strange man in the kitchen claiming to be Mr. Onoja’s son, did you let him in?”

“Oh, Mr. Alex? He arrived last night, oga told me he was coming. You’ve met him?”

She was alarmed at the information, she was certainly left in the dark here, Mr. Omari had never mentioned he had any son, even less that he was arriving this week, “No!” she replied before shutting the door in Donald’s face.

She returned to the kitchen, but froze at the sight of the man- Alex, he had on a disgusting smirk as his gaze landed on her, “Found what you went looking for?” he teased.

“This is a mistake, and I’m going to iron it out immediately.” She said as she searched through er phone for Yvette’s phone number, she was the one to call whenever such a thing happened. Yvette was the oldest of both sisters, it was on her order that Martha had started working here, so she would know just what to do to this distraction.

“We should be ironing out your identity right now, Ewurade.”

“My name is not Ewurade.” She shot back at him as she placed the phone to her ears

“Oh, that’s even worse, I don’t know your name. So, is this something that’s common in Abuja? Strange girls just barge into the houses of older men and go on a tirade?”

There was no way in hell such an idiot was related to Mr. Onoja.

Yvette answered at the third ring, “Martha, is there a problem with my dad?”

“Mrs. Jaiyesimi, good day, please, there’s a problem at home.” She noticed that his gaze was still on her and he was still smiling like a Cheshire cat, she turned away from him to avoid his gaze, it was distracting

“What’s the problem?”

“There is a man in this house who claims to be your brother, one Alex Onoja.”

“Alexander Chukwuebuka Onoja, say me hi to the wicked witch” he spoke out.

“That idiot is there? What the hell is he doing in my father’s house?” Yvette asked, her words dripping with disdain.

Martha failed to catch the disdain, as she could only ascertain one thing from Yvette’s reaction, “So, he’s your brother?”

“He’s a prodigal son, keep him away from my father, I’ll be there in a bit.” And that was all Martha got before the line went dead.

She turned around to the stranger, unsure of what to do now. Yvette had only said he shouldn’t be allowed near Mr. Onoja, but she had also confirmed he was indeed Mr. Onoja’s son. Now that her judgment wasn’t clouded , she could see a few similarities between Mr. Onoja and the younger man, the younger, obviously attractive man with a ripped body.

She forced her thoughts to shift from the undeniable masculinity she was witnessing, she didn’t know him and Yvette didn’t seem enthused at the discovery that he was in this house, so for all she knew, he was some black sheep in the family and she had no business thinking of black sheep as attractive.

“You are not to go anywhere close to Mr. Onoja.” she ordered him

He smiled, “Oh, with pleasure, I’m not trying to catch kidney failure or whatever funny disease he’s got.”

Not only was he a cocky bastard, he was also insensitive? No wonder Yvette didn’t like him, “You’re disgusting.” She shot at him, all she got in response was a smile. He had an incredibly charming smile that wasn’t befitting of the jerk it was plastered on.

She made her way towards Mr. Onoja’s room, hopefully, the noise hadn’t awoken him.

“Any chance I could get your name before the arrival of the wicked witch of the West?”

“Not a chance in hell.” She spat

“Okay, how about in heaven then?” he asked, she walked away from him, he had a sick sense of humour, “Purgatory?” he called out.

Oh, he was going to see all three by the time Mrs. Jaiyesimi got here, she could have held her tongue because she was no more than an employee, but Yvette would lay into this guy so hard, he would run with his tail between his legs. That much she could be assured of

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ishilove:
O ga o. Safarigirl where did you get all these segzy people starring in this story? cheesy
the internet o grin
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Ibunkun1(m): 11:08pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hmmm,alex Don Dey fall Already Oo.Great Update.Welldone Ma'am
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by KimBerlyie: 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2017
Safarigirl
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 11:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
The Stage is Set.....

Alex figured he would have a proper bath before the arrival of his half sister, the last thing he wanted was to look like some bum and be all sweaty when she got to see him for the first time in seven years.

He and Yvette had never really had a good relationship….scratch that, they didn’t have a good relationship and that was that. She loathed him and he cursed the day she came into the world. Yvette was snobby, bitchy and entitled. They had first met when she was eleven years old and he fourteen, that was the first time Alex found out that his father had a child out of wedlock and he was rattled by the discovery. Omari hadn’t even seemed just a bit ashamed of his behaviour. He had taken a fourteen year old Alex to the house of his mistress and introduced him to his ‘sister’ like there was nothing to it.

Alex had taken one look at an eleven year old Yvette and he knew instantly that they would be at loggerheads forever. For one thing, the mannerless girl hadn’t even thought him important enough to be spared a second glance ,even less be greeted, she had rushed to hug her ‘daddy’ and ignored the teenage boy standing right next to him like he didn’t exist.

Their consequent meetings after that hadn’t gone any better. Alex thought she was no more than an illegitimate child and shouldn’t be taken seriously and he got the feeling she simply didn’t like him because he was the product of a legal union and she wasn’t. Of course, her mother was also a hateful being so she wasn’t totally to blame for her awful behaviour. Till today, he wondered how she managed to land a husband at all.

These days, Yvette spent her time being the child Alex couldn’t bother himself enough to be to their father while making sure he stayed away from the man and perhaps her chances of inheriting a good part of his property…he got the feeling though, considering how much his father still bothered his mother about him, that she wasn’t quite cutting it with the man despite her valiant efforts and while Alex didn’t like their father ,he wasn’t averse to gloating with him where Yvette was concerned and he planned to put in a major shift on that once she got here.

He went up to his bedroom and made a beeline straight to the bathroom to have his bath. While he washed, his thoughts went to the stunning lady that was just downstairs and tending to his father. it had to be nice to be Omari Onoja, surely. When the lady had first walked in, he had wondered if she was another one of his father’s illegitimate kids, but then she had made that apology and Alex was a little grateful that he wasn’t ogling some female with whom he shared similar DNA.

Everything about her was beautiful, she was a living, breathing human perfection. He knew he had developed a reputation as a playboy, but in all of his travails, he had never encountered a woman with such a beautiful feminine form AND a pretty face to boot. There was a sensuality about her that he wasn’t quite familiar with and it excited him that there was a possibility he would have the pleasure of being around her for the duration of his stay. Even better, he got the feeling he was no pushover and he certainly welcomed a challenge whenever it presented its self.

Byt the time he was done having his bath, he had made up his mind that just maybe, his stay wouldn’t be as boring as he had thought and he would enjoy this distraction that came in form of a beautiful goddess. He just needed to understand the relationship she had with his father. for one thing, he could strike out the possibility that he was sleeping with her, as sick as his father was, could the man even get it up?

A crude smile crossed Alex’ features at the thought, that wasn’t likely at all.

The sound of a horning car followed by a gate opening alerted him that Yvette had arrived. He took out a white polo and wore it over a pair of shorts he had slipped on, this reunion would be fun if he had anything to do with it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by gal10(f): 3:30am On Dec 02, 2017
more more please
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by iAlex(m): 6:54am On Dec 02, 2017
touching story
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by deco22(m): 7:03am On Dec 02, 2017
Following
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 02, 2017
safarigirl:
the word is actually correct

Raucous means to make a loud, harsh noise, that's what I was going for. Thanks though
pleas ride on,the usage was correct and that oversabi has no right to correct you, always jumping from thread to thread correcting people and being assertive as if she's the most intelligent person on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Ibunkun1(m): 7:57am On Dec 02, 2017
Yayyyyyyyyyy,heheheheheheeeeee.Front page Thingssssss.Awezome
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Abbey2sam(m): 8:25am On Dec 02, 2017
nice work btw
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by AryEmber(f): 8:49am On Dec 02, 2017
fabiano09:

pleas ride on,the usage was correct and that oversabi has no right to correct you, always jumping from thread to thread correcting people and being assertive as if she's the most intelligent person on nairaland
That was not cool at all, BTW.This is good girl, really good!
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Kaycee9242(m): 10:15am On Dec 02, 2017
Dis is a very nice write up, wen are we to expect d continuation
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by itsandi(m): 10:51am On Dec 02, 2017
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Gloria007(f): 10:58am On Dec 02, 2017
fabiano09:

This is totally uncalled for.

By the way,you don't disappoint with your stories Safarigirl.Thanks for sharing.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 02, 2017
Gloria007:

This is totally uncalled for.

By the way,you don't disappoint with your stories Safarigirl.Thanks for sharing.
I just don't get you guys, this literature gang,are you trying to gag me or what? It's my opinion of her and I have my reasons,what I feel shouldn't influence how you perceive her,and vice versa, if it does then you know there's a flaw in your personality. It's uncalled for? very funny, no one challenges the status quo,the almighty isilove,ask yourself why she isn't a mod anymore.

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by WHOcarex: 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Yonce(f): 9:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
I just hope this story is as hot as Lanre and Jaiye's.
Alex deserves his own happily ever after.

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Ambber(f): 10:08am On Dec 03, 2017
You write such a beautiful story @SafariGirl! I am so late to the party. Where is the link to Lanre’s story? Could you please hook up with ambattleground and help us rescue Teni and Emeka’s story from whoever develops their plot? Good job �� girl..I am waiting for the subsequent parts of Alex’s story
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2017

Alex was getting down the stairs when he heard the telltale signs of Yvette’s clicking heels, he didn’t have to wait long to hear his name being called from downstairs, “Alex!” she shouted.

He took his jolly good time walking down the stairs, she stood at the foot of the stairs, awaiting his descent with a scowl on her face that made her look so much like her mother. He grinned at her scowl, “Hey, Wicked witch of the west, long time no see. Ruined any lives recently?” he asked once he reached her.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

He cocked a brow, “What does it look like I’m doing? I’m visiting my pops of course.”

She scoffed and tossed her head back, “That’s a laugh, last I remember, you told me you wouldn’t come back to this house until daddy was dead.”

“And I wasn’t going to, but father requested my presence and I simply couldn’t bring myself to turn down his request. As you know, our father is in a fragile state right now and he needs all the support he can get.” Even Alex couldn’t believe he had said all that with a straight face and by the look on hers, he could tell she didn’t believe a word of his. Alex didn’t care if their father had been run down by a truck and his body mutilated by a pack of wild dogs, he wouldn’t show up to the hospital if the man was on his deathbed, so there had to be some other underlying reason behind his presence.

“He has all the support he can get, he doesn’t need you.” She retorted

He smiled at her, “Are you sure about that? Because he was very much insistent that I come over and if he had all the support like you want me to believe, he wouldn’t need me around, now, would he?” he asked. She glared at him and he knew immediately that he had hit a raw nerve. Yvette liked to think she was all their father would need, she didn’t want to share his love nor his attention, least of all with someone as undeserving as Alex, but that was beyond her control.

They had a brief standoff for some minutes, Alex folded his arms across his chest and watched for her reaction, she was very easy to control, she was just unaware of that. It was all the more reason he liked to push her buttons.

She grunted and turned on her heels, walking away from him and towards a room she figured was where his father was being kept, “Daddy!” she called.

The door opened and their father was wheeled out of the room by the brown beauty that had called up Yvette, she took a glance at Alex and then quickly returned her gaze to Yvette, “Good day Mrs. Jaiyesimi.” She greeted her.

“Good day, Martha.” Yvette replied her in an offhanded fashion.

Alex’s eyes lit up, “Martha, so, that’s your name.” he spoke up as he approached all three of them

Her gaze moved to him once more, but she said nothing to him. Alex was fine with not being spoken to, just as long as he had her attention.

“Leave us Martha, please.” Yvette ordered.

Her gaze left his to glance at Yvette before she let go of the handle of their father’s wheelchair. Alex’s eyes followed her rather quick exit regretfully, he supposed he would have to wait for some other time to have a proper conversation with the beautiful Martha.

“If you could join us, please.” Yvette spat rather snidely.

Alex finally forced his eyes away from the direction Martha had disappeared through, if only Yvette knew how utterly uninterested he was in this impromptu family meeting. He would rather follow Martha around and bug her till she was pliant to his whims.

He sighed, “What is this about?” he asked drily

“Daddy, you didn’t tell me you were inviting him over.” Yvette began

Oh brother! Alex made an exaggerated show of rolling his eyes

“Yvette, I am an adult and Alex is my child, I don’t need to run everything by you.” Omari replied, his words coming out a bit dragged.

She seemed a bit taken aback by that reply, it was obvious had comfortably been running the show all this time so that she thought she was the boss around here, “You should have at least told me, so that I would make appropriate preparations for his arrival.” She defended herself

Alex had never heard sillier words from her, “Oh, you mean like present my matter to your coven so that I would have some fatal accident on my way here?” he asked

“Alex, do not aggravate your sister.” Omari said

“Yes, daddy.” Alex replied in a mocking voice. His mere presence aggravated Yvette, he could already see the creases in her forehead.

“When is he leaving?” she asked

“When I say so.” Omari replied, his voice had a slight edge to it this time. Alex could tell his father was not enjoying Yvette’s attempt to grill him, “The last time I checked, Yvette, this is my house, not yours. I pay the bills around here despite my illness and I don’t ask you for anything. So, whoever is in my house should be my business and mine alone. Don’t you have a husband and a family you should be focusing on?”

There wasn’t a lot Alex enjoyed whenever he visited Abuja, but watching Yvette’s self esteem and false sense of importance getting squashed by their father was one of those golden moments for him, he was grinning from ear to ear at the little dram a playing in his presence. She was livid; he could literally see the steam leaving her ears. He cradled his jaw in his hand and giggled to himself

“Daddy, I don’t want him getting to you, you know how it always is whenever he comes over. He shouldn’t be here to aggravate you in this condition.” It was a feeble attempt to paint herself in a light other than that of the jealous, bitchy sister, but Alex wasn’t about to let her slide on that

“Yvette, you slander me in my own presence. I admit that I and dad do have a rocky relationship, but you cannot use the events of the past to predict the present. The last thing I want to be doing considering his condition, is aggravate him in any form. You need to lay off a little, you’re not his only child and I care about him just as much as you do, just because I don’t throw myself in his face doesn’t mean I’m some heartless jerk.”

She looked flabbergasted at his words, she opened her mouth to say something, but words failed her and she ended up shutting it back. oh, he had thrown her a curveball on that one, this entertainment was turning out to be top notch.

She turned to their father, “IF you say you want him here, that’s fine, but if he causes you any form of trouble ,I’m a dial away.” she said to Omari

“We’re both adults Yvette, no need to bother yourself.” Omari replied

“Yes, Yvette, there is no need to be bothered.” Alex reiterated with a smile

She glared at him. she looked down at her wristwatch,” I have to get back to work now, father. I’ll call you as soon as I get there” she said, she leaned down and pecked Omari on his cheek before turning around on her way out, Alex couldn’t have been happier ot see the back of her.

She stopped at the threshold and turned to Alex, “You better stay away from Martha.” She warned

Alex rolled his eyes, as if that was even a possibility.

Yvette walked out of the house, along with her awful perfume if Alex may add.

There was only a brief silence in the room before Omari made an attempt to establish some form of civil conversation with Alex, “How was your rest, Alex?” he asked

Alex gave him a blank look, “Don’t mistake my words earlier for some form of clean slate, old man. That was just for show, I still don’t like you.” He reiterated, just in case his father was getting any ideas.

Omari seemed to accept that with a slight nod of his head as Alex turned around and walked away. if he had any luck he would get the chance to talk to the only person worth his time while he was here. Yvette’s words rang in his head as thoughts of Martha popped up. Stay away from her? He smirked to himself, not a chance in hell

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by favch(f): 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
Wow,seating tight
Ride on bae, am following closely CU's its a nice story
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by gal10(f): 9:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
more more
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Gloria007(f): 10:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
Thank you Safari
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by aprilwise(m): 7:02pm On Dec 04, 2017
Ride on please
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Sica7: 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
Such an intriguing story! Keep it up Safarigirl
Waiting for more.......
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by bimberry1307(f): 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
Damn! this is awesome. safarigirl, pls don't keep us waiting for too long. love your work.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by labelle123(f): 10:16pm On Dec 06, 2017
the suspense is killing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kukere Sisters: Episode 1 / These 5 Books Helped Me The Most In Life. Let Me See Yours. By Ilegend / The Love Grotto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.