Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,129 members, 7,807,420 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Mending Fences (romance) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mending Fences (romance) (76520 Views)

Poem - Mending Hearts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by labelle123(f): 8:37pm On Mar 31, 2018
Nice update but the inconsistency of update is the problem
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Kaycee9242(m): 9:41am On Apr 01, 2018
Nice update dear but keep it coming consistently so we don't av to go bk to read b4 we can comprehend d update
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by harjibolar10(m): 11:00am On Apr 01, 2018
You're welcome back ma'am

Keep the good work going, and I'd rather reserve my comment

Let's go there
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by teanumi(f): 2:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
keep the updates coming let it b consistent
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2018
*UPDATE*

Sinister motives

Omari sat in his doctor’s office, waiting on the latest report concerning his health condition. He wasn’t particularly expecting good news because he was well aware that his body had been deteriorating, he could feel it. however, he was hoping he at least had a little more time left, to fully execute his plan.

The door came open and Rotimi Shajobi, his doctor of over thirty years, came into the room. Omari had first met Rotimi when he was attending the University of Nigeria, he had been in his second year and Rotimi, his sixth, when they met over a game of basketball. Rotimi had been the first person to best him on the court and he was eager to know of the man, their rivalry turned into a lifelong friendship that had taken Omari through a lot over the years.

Rotimi had been his best man at his wedding to Ebere, he was one of few people who was aware of their domestic violence issue, because he was usually the one who would stitch Ebere up whenever things got out of control. He was certainly a better man than Omari was, because he continually scolded him for hitting his wife and had all but abandoned him when he had beaten their first child out of her. it had taken a few years before Rotimi came back to talking terms with Omari, by then, Ebere was pregnant with Alex. Omari liked to think Rotimi had come back to talking terms with him simply because he cared too much for him, but he knew very well that Rotimi’s sole purpose of accepting his apology and returning to his role as a family friend and doctor was because he felt the need to protect Ebere.

Till this day, he suspected that Rotimi had a hand in Ebere running away with Alex and leaving him that night, but they had never broached the subject. The Ebere he knew would never have been able to hatch that plan and go through with it without some form of assistance and she didn’t have any friends outside Rotimi. Add to that, the fact that Rotimi hadn’t been as eager to find them as he was, and it made the man a suspect, but Omari let it go. He couldn’t lose Rotimi’s friendship because of a woman.

He sat in his chair, the older Rotimi, not looking much different from the young man Omari had encountered on a basketball court. Time had been very good to him, save for the obvious grey hair on his head and some aging lines on his forehead, Rotimi pretty much looked the same, he had barely even added weight, but he supposed that had to do with the fact that he kept up with a fitness regimen.

Rotimi dropped a file on the table and took off his glasses, “It’s not looking good O.” he began, a forlorn look on his face.

Well, that wasn’t different from what he had expected, “How bad is it?”

“A couple of weeks more and we have a crisis in our hands, and we’re yet to find a donor.”

That meant he needed to fast track his plans, “So, if I can get a donor, how long will it take to set up an operation?”

“We can do it in twenty-four hours. It’s quite unfortunate that none of your girls could match.” Rotimi sighed

Those girls had never been good for much anyway. After Ebere had Alex and the doctor confirmed that she wouldn’t be able to have any other babies, he was eager to sow some wild oats, sadly, they hadn’t particularly borne the oats he wanted. And now when he needed them the most, they remained useless to him, “What about Alex though? You have his medical records, he’s a match, right?”

“His records say that, but….have you mentioned any of this to him?”

“I’m sure he can tell I have kidney failure.”

“I don’t mean your condition O, I mean, have you told him you may need him to give you a kidney?” Rotimi asked pointedly

Omari adjusted his seating position, finding the question very much uncomfortable, if there was one person he couldn’t lie to, it was Rotimi, the man could sniff his lies from a mile, “Not yet, but….”

“Not yet? When exactly do you plan to tell him? You don’t have the luxury of time, Omari.”

“Look, I’m certain that Alex will step up to the plate when I need him to. He’s my damn son, I gave him life and an education, he might as well give me a kidney when I need it.”

“He can barely even stand you, whatever makes you think he’ll be willing to donate his kidney to keep you alive.”

“I’m working on it, Rotimi. I’m getting across to him and I’m certain he won’t be averse to the idea when I bring it up.”

“You mean when Ebere brings it up, because, you’ll just go through her to get to her son. That always works, doesn’t it?”

Omari glared at his friend, not only pissed that he would bring up his ex, but also pissed at the truth in those words. He couldn’t say for certain that Alex would listen to him, but that boy always had a listening ear for his mother, he’d give her two kidneys if she asked. It didn’t seem like Alex was opening up to him as fast as was necessary, but if all other avenues failed, he could always call Ebere and she would do the magic.

“Aren’t you tired of using her Omari? And now you want to use Alex too, when does it all end?” Rotimi asked

“It ends, when I have a damn kidney." He said, an edge to his voice. He eased into his seat a little and calmed his nerves, "I think we’re done for today Timi, I’ll see you next week.” on that note, he pressed a button on the wheel chair, and wheeled himself out of the office.

As much as he wanted to build a healthy relationship with Alex, he didn’t have the time to start making up for al the shit he had done over the years, he needed a kidney for now. Maybe once he had a good kidney, thanks to Alex, he would make restitution in some way and bother about being on good terms with his son.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Ibunkun1(m): 6:57pm On Apr 08, 2018
Hmm,this Man Is Simply Unrepentant.Thanks For The Update Ma'am
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by pixzybee(f): 7:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
dis man is truly unrepentant... but we can't repay evil with evil sha. Op Weldone
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nmaglit: 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
thanks for the update safarigirl
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2018
well done. More wisdom to your brain
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by itsandi(m): 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2018
Lovely smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 8:35pm On Apr 08, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d update ma. Jah bless
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 3:31pm On Apr 13, 2018
Mummy aunty sista SAFARI na wetin happen na? Hope u are good sha... Plz whn are u uploading.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 13, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
chivera018:
next three months grin next three months

way u pack well jhor
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
[quote author=skubido tongue[quote author=skubido

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 9:17am On Apr 16, 2018
Sista talk ooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 10:29am On Apr 16, 2018
skubido:
Sista talk ooooooooooooooooooooo
I'm working on my project and exams are coming up, tests every week, can't say when I'll post.

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2018
safarigirl:
I'm working on my project and exams are coming up, tests every week, can't say when I'll post.

Now u are talking. suppose don tell us na

Go wait. Ur study Mata must

Wish u best of luck.

U too much. Miss u

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by queenitee(f): 3:46pm On Apr 17, 2018
Success Safarigirl
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Arom21(f): 11:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
Wow wow wow.
You are such a terrific writer. Much respect. Keep up the good works
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by teanumi(f): 6:36pm On May 17, 2018
pls finish d story plsssss
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Jonifech: 6:50pm On May 17, 2018
hmmm.. ive heard ur story god

see JONINET CHANNEL
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by teanumi(f): 12:02pm On May 18, 2018
safarigirl where art thou
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 12:10pm On May 18, 2018
teanumi:
safarigirl where art thou
she's writing exams for now
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by aprilwise(m): 1:41pm On May 18, 2018
safarigirl:
she's writing exams for now
success in ur exams.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by itsandi(m): 4:12pm On May 18, 2018
Interesting smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by teanumi(f): 10:38pm On May 18, 2018
success dear
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by chybosaint(m): 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
Nne how are you doing,are you still writing the exams,please try and update before this pie goes off our memories. All the best
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Kaycee9242(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
Safarigirl d exam has teee ooo!!! Come and update jooor
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by teanumi(f): 1:02am On Jun 12, 2018
uncompleted story
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
Sorry guys, we don't have light here 97% of the time, and when I charge, I have to type my jobs (I do freelance writing)

I'll post tomorrow sha. Already written an update, just typing remains
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 8:52am On Jun 13, 2018

He was thinking too much

Alex couldn’t remember the last time his mind was so occupied with thoughts, even less, that of a woman. There was never a time in his life that Alex allowed the thoughts of a woman flood his mind, women just weren’t that important. The only woman who ever had the power to bother him had always been his mother, and that was because he worried a lot about her, aside his mother, he was proud to say that there wasn’t a woman on God’s green earth that could lay siege on his thoughts….until now.

He wanted so badly to talk to someone about it, at first, he thought of his mother, but he had never called her to talk about a woman, she would probably die of excitement and blow things out of proportion if he told her about Martha, by the time he got to Lagos, she would have chosen her preferred aso-ebi colours for the wedding and would be asking about seating arrangements. He didn’t need that kind of pressure. Then, he thought about Lanre, but Lanre wouldn’t have the right words for him, married or not, Lanre wasn’t particularly versed in the art of romance.

That left just Jaiya, and while nobody could really understand him because they weren’t in his shoes, Jaiya was the most level-headed and reasonable person to call in his time of need. So, he dialed her number. She picked on the third ting, “Oga Alex, this one you remembered me today, Lanre is not close-by o.”

He smiled, “So, I cannot just call you because I miss you, abi wetin?” he teased

“Miss indeed, how are you?”

He could hear the smile in her voice, “I’m good o, just trying to get by the days until I have to leave.” He responded, while there was some truth to that, he wasn’t particularly looking forward to leaving as much as he had thought he would be

“And your dad?”

“Still alive.” He replied drily

“So, are you calling me about him or is there something else on your mind?”

Jaiya was very good at deducing things, it was one of the reasons he liked talking to her, “More like someone”

“Hold it, I need to get comfortable, something tells me this will be good.”: she said, her voice already filled with excitement. He heard some shuffling in the background and rolled his eyes, even Jaiya was acting extra on him. some seconds later, she was back on the line, “Okay, shot. What’s her name?”

“Whatever makes you think it’s a ‘her’?”

“If it wasn’t a ‘her’, you’d call Lanre.”

Good point, “Martha, that’s her name. she works as my father’s caregiver, she’s very stubborn like you, but worse. I don’t even know why she’s got me all twisted, Jaiya, I swear. She’s very hot, I’ll give her that, but I live in Lagos, I see hot women every day, I sleep with hot women every day, but she’s different, she’s….Jaiya, I think I’m catching feelings.”

“Aww, that’s so sweet. do you think she feels the same way?”

He sighed, “To be honest, I don’t know. What if she doesn’t? what if she’s just stringing me along? Or what if…..what if my father is using her to get to me?” the last part hadn’t occurred to him until he uttered the words, but the idea that such was even possible left a sour taste in his mouth, yes, his father could be calculating and manipulative, but Martha didn’t strike him as one who would stoop so low, right?

“Calm down Alex, listen, I understand how easy it is to experience fear and doubt especially when confronting unfamiliar feelings, but I want you to trust your heart. Everything is a learning curve, don’t allow your fears stop you from exploring whatever it is you feel for this girl, keep an open mind, if things work out, fine, if not, know that we’re always going to be here for you, no matter what.”

The longer Jaiya spoke, the lighter Alex felt, he was glad he had called her. just as expected, she always had the right words

“Guy, that one is Jaiya’s own, me, I will not be there for an emotionally scarred Alex, you sef know, I no get time to dey wipe your tears or to dey pick you up from bar after getting wasted, I get my own pikin. So, you better shine your eye for that Abuja.” Lanre’s voice suddenly came up

Alex couldn’t stop his smile despite his surprise, “Idiot! I dey follow you talk?”

“Mumu, why you go dey call pesin wife at this ungodly hour?”

“Shey 8:00 PM na ungodly hour?”

“So you no know say once sun comot, you no suppose dey call pesin wife, abi? How I go blame you? Bachelor like you, wetin you sabi?”

“See this guy o, you wey na beg we beg make Jaiya marry you.” Alex laughed

“Anyhow anyhow, I sha get wife. Wey your own?”

“It’s enough o, both of you. Alex don’t mind Lanre, you know he wants the best for you too.”

“I know now, that boy is my biggest fan. I understand he feels threatened that someone else is about to upstage him in my life.”

“Guy, do marry, make you no dey disturb me any small thing.” Lanre responded

Alex laughed, “Thank so much for listening to me Jaiya. Hope Kobi is fine.”

“Anytime Alex, and yes, Kobi is doing very well, thanks.”

“I’ll talk to you guys later then.”

“Take care.”

“Yeah, you too.”

The line cut and Alex was once again left to his own thoughts. He smiled ot himself for a long period, thinking of how lucky he was to have Lanre and Jaiya in his life, they had an uncanny way of making him feel better, just by talking to him. And they both loved each other incredibly.

He liked their marriage, it was nice to see his friends have a happy marriage, devoid of the bitterness and anger he grew up with. he had cancelled the idea of getting married when he was younger, having seen what his parents’ marriage had become, but Lanre and Jaiya gave him hope, gave him a new perspective, however, he feared that he wouldn’t be able to replicate that in his own relationships or even marriage, if he ever ventured into it. it was nice to dream, but sometimes, he felt that the apple never fell too far from the tree and just like his own parents marriage had collapsed, his was bound to experience a similar fate if he tried. They really made him want to give it a shot, but he couldn’t even stay with one woman long enough to foster thoughts of a marriage.

He sighed, there was no need to over think anything, he’d just allow things take their natural course. That was best

A ring of the doorbell attracted his attention and he got off his bed to check who was there, it was a bit late to be having any visitors and Martha had left almost an hour ago.

He walked over to the door and opened it, if Donald had allowed this person in, then they must be familiar. He opened up the door to find Lovette, standing with a small bag. Her smile dropped slightly as soon as she saw him.

Lovette had always acted incredibly uncomfortable around him, maybe because they didn’t particularly have any issues and she wasn’t sure how to act with him. he felt like she wanted to hate him because Yvette had filled her head with jargons, and of course, the circumstances which he had created, ensured, she never really got to know him. but, did she think of him as a bad person? He doubted, and in the same way, he held nothing against her. while his father had had her when he was eleven years old, he didn’t blame her or her mother for the fall of his family, because they were long ruined before she was born

“Good evening.” He greeted her

She gave him an uncertain look and turned toward Donald as if she were seeking his protection

“Come on in.” he said, stepping out the way for her.

She stood at the door a moment longer like she wasn’t sure if she should walk in, but just like he expected, she walked into the house. It’s not like she could find some other place to run to this late at night, even Yvette’s house was a distance.

He closed the door behind him when she entered. She was probably on a break from school, he figured maybe he would try to build some form of relationship with her while he was here….if she let him

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny / These 5 Books Helped Me The Most In Life. Let Me See Yours. By Ilegend / Kukere Sisters: Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.