Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Omoyoro Desperation To Become Rich...but ended Here... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyoro Desperation To Become Rich...but ended Here... (393 Views)

Buhari In Last Minute Desperation To Frustrate Atiku; Bars Atiku’s Vessels / Buhari’s Rejection Of Electoral Bill, An Act Of Desperation – CUPP / Leah Sharibu Escaped From Boko Haram Camp But Ended In Wrong Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omoyoro Desperation To Become Rich...but ended Here... by Stingman: 7:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
Desperation to become rich was all over me, says man caught with seven human skulls

…Tells police: Don’t punish me, just hand me over to God

By Demola Akinyemi

A man, Olayinka Abass Akeem, 32, allegedly arrested with seven fresh human skulls along Ajase-Ipo Road, Kwara State by the police, has confessed that he is a ritualist. Olayinka Abass According to him, he exhumed the skulls from a cemetery for money ritual. Police sources said Akeem had been trailed from the Muslim Cemetery in Igbo-Owu, near Ajase-Ipo where he had gone to exhume the skulls after the police had been alerted by a passersby. He was later arrested in a vehicle he boarded to meet a friend he simply identified as Tunde,a.k.a Bante, who was expected to deliver the skulls to a herbalist for money ritual.

The suspect told Sunday Vanguard at the headquarters of Kwara State Police Command where he was being held last week that he was desperate to be rich because he came from a poor background. “I came from a very poor family. At 32, I am still poor because I am unemployed. To feed myself and my parents has been very difficult for us. That was my situation when recently I ran into an old friend,Tunde, who convinced me that money ritual was the surest way to be rich”, Akeem said. According to him,Tunde told him that money ritual was what everyone living comfortable was doing to escape economic recession. When asked how he felt and the boldness he had when exhuming the human skulls from the graves, he said, “I didn’t feel anyhow.

The desperation to become rich was all over me since I thought that was the only thing i needed to do to become rich” The suspect, however, urged the police to hand him over to God for divine punishment because that is what he would do if anyone had exhumed the corpse of his parents or relations for ritual purpose. Olayinka nevertheless expressed remorse particularly when his parents visited him in police cell. Kwara State Commissioner of Police, Lawan Ado, had said the suspect was arrested along Ilorin-Ajase Ipo Road with a sack containing the seven human heads.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/desperation-become-rich-says-man-caught-seven-human-skulls/
Re: Omoyoro Desperation To Become Rich...but ended Here... by 40kobo77: 7:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
Yoruba
Re: Omoyoro Desperation To Become Rich...but ended Here... by gmacnoms(m): 7:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
Not saying what he did isn't grevious morally. But on what charge was he arrested?

I thought it's theft

(1) (Reply)

Whistle Blower Sues EFCC To Court For Not Paying Him Whistle Fees (DETAILS) / I Declare Myself The New APDA Chairman / Mainagate:nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.