Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,446 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? (65921 Views)

Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South / My Trip To Hawaii, The Aloha State In USA / World's Most Expensive (And Cheapest) Cities Revealed,See Where Lagos Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by naijafox(m): 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

oh... I see..

I live at Benin currently... why I want to relocate is quite personal to me...

and I've got sufficient paper qualifications and I am a professional welder.. ( electrode and argon welding)..
thanks for your suggestions.. they have really been helpful

Why u wan leave Benin ? Yahoo boys don make benin tire u? � lol

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by xmaticguy(m): 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2017
Dude try Ilorin.....one of the most peaceful cities in naija...cost of living is just normal and dia re areas for welders such as agbo oba and ganmo with stable electricity

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by ahmg001(m): 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
ibadan or akure is your best bet in South west.. Things are so relatively cheap in ibadan. You'd get single room self con around apete area (though a rural place but very populous cuz it's closer to the polytechnic, Ibadan) around 60k upward, you can also get around 70k upward around eleyele axis, eleyele is better than apete in so many ways and there are three tetiary institutions situated in that area, electricity is very good. And if you can afford something 150k, you'd get a tiled single room self con in old bodija (an estate) or challenge and so forth.. Some part of ibadan are very peaceful, once you don't stay around all those ghetto areas like, bere, mopol and all the so called ibadan central cities.. Food is cheap, transport too. But getting a good paid job in ib can be so frustrating, so it would so much be in your favour if you are self made and get a shop/office in some selected parts of ibadan. Don't forget ibadan is a very big city, the biggest in west africa i believe so there are lots of places you can surely stay. Those places i mentioned to you are places i'm so familiar with. And things are not as cheap in akure as ibadan though but still cheap to some extent.. Transportation is kinda expensve in ondo state generally than most other south west states. And food is still kinda expensive too but ondo state i believe is still the most peaceful state in south west presently and akure is beautiful to some extent. But even though it is a state capital, it is still somehow scanty unlike few other state capitals. But you'd surely get cheaper accomodations in places like oke aro, oba ile and few other places and if you have a degree that can be considered for a teaching job, then you'd probably get to earn about 15k - 25k or more monthly depending on the kinda school you get. This teaching job applies to ibadan also. And if you don't care much about all those online report about osogbo then it's a city you can give a trial too. You'd get accomodation for 60k i mean single room self con but i don't know much about their jobs.
bro abeg remove akure.DT place ain't cheap at all,u can use osun to replace it sha

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by olayinkajnr(m): 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2017
I don't know about states in the south west, south or east but I know of states in the North. Out of which Kaduna State stands out, especially in Zaria.

You can get a single room self contain for between 50-70k depending on location. Or a two bedroom self contain from 70-250k depending on your taste and location.

Compound house goes for at least 20-30k depending on the location and taste.

And yes, the probability of having tap water running in your apartment or compound is 90%.

Transportation is not expensive. In Zaria, till now, we still pay 20naira, 30naira, for transport. Highest is 80naira from Sabo to Samaru. In fact, we still dey climb 10naira bus for Zaria.

And food? Very cheap. 100 is enough for you to eat bread and ewa at iya Taiye shop. One of the most popular in Sabo (Zaria).

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2017
for cheap food, northern state , for the most poorest osun.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by labi1977(m): 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=Arysexy post=62831635][/quote]

Ozour, he said he **must leave Bini

Ibadan has most votes here so far n quite safe tho too quiet for me

1st I've ever heard Calabar is cheap, u sure ?

Or make e go ur village instead ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by AkamAloRaphIk: 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
Osun state is a good place for a beginner.
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Sanchez01: 7:41pm On Nov 29, 2017
GreatMahmud:
Enugu
Dear OP, whatever you do, DO NOT DREAM OF ENUGU.

Enugu is awfully expensive and annoying is the fact that water is a luxury in the only two developing LGAs in the state.

Based on personal experience, I'd suggest you beam your searchlight towards Osun (Osogbo), Ondo (Akure) and (Oyo) Ibadan.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by MrRitchie: 7:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
quote author=Basic123 post=62770617]

Who takes hatred-filled Ipob terrorists serious about osogbo.Its not even online its only nairaland.

if you want a city with the most stable electricity in Nigeria its city of Osogbo.Things are cheap(good 3 bedroom flat of 150) and peaceful too.
[/quote]

About light, oshogbo is doing well, I was once in osogbo that was about 7/6years ago then light was even very bad in nigeria. Generally compared to now, the one week I spent at osogbo, sometimes they only size the light for just 2 hours a day, not like direct two hours, like 30mins, 1hour, 30mins [

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Osi360(m): 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
JOS does it bro,
food
abundance of potatoes tomatoes n vegetables
house
u can rent a comfortable room for a start with 15,000/anun
people
JOS has very good hardworking people and very hospitality too
security
despite d bombings JOS experienced JOS is now very safe n peaceful but some areas are no go areas
how do I know? hv lived in JOS for more than 20 yrs
thanks.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by fashrola(m): 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
Idrismusty97:
If you don't like the northern region then you are not ready to relocate. Personally i will rather pick a job in the north with 50k as salary than to pick any southern state with 100k salary.

Sorry sir.. pls state your reasons
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by orobs93(m): 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

oh... I see..

and I've got sufficient paper qualifications and I am a professional welder.. ( electrode and argon welding)..

for even like follow you relocate
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Basic123: 7:49pm On Nov 29, 2017
MrRitchie:
quote author=Basic123 post=62770617]

Who takes hatred-filled Ipob terrorists serious about osogbo.Its not even online its only nairaland.

if you want a city with the most stable electricity in Nigeria its city of Osogbo.Things are cheap(good 3 bedroom flat of 150) and peaceful too.

About light, oshogbo is doing well, I was once in osogbo that was about 7/6years ago then light was even very bad in nigeria. Generally compared to now, the one week I spent at osogbo, sometimes they only size the light for just 2 hours a day, not like direct two hours, like 30mins, 1hour, 30mins [
God will bless you for speaking truth and not beclouded with tribalism like the hate filled frustrated IPOB terrorists
misinforming everyone on nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Ten06(m): 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

your reasons please... how cheap is renting a good house in Ibadan?
I can testify to that, things are very cheap in ibadan. But pls don't try Bayelsa and rivers state.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by fineyemi(m): 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2017
Basic123:

God bless you my brother. Osogbo is the place to be. You won't regret it OP. I assure you. Its peaceful, popular, stable electricity, cheap transportation, just 50naira to any bustop. cheap food, cheap house rent. Home to many bloggers cos of stable electricity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Basic123: 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
fineyemi:
God bless you my brother. Osogbo is the place to be. You won't regret it OP. I assure you. Its peaceful, popular, stable electricity, cheap transportation, just 50naira to any bustop. cheap food, cheap house rent. Home to many bloggers cos of stable electricity.
Yeah,one blogger opened a thread few months back on his plan to relocate their.

I currently stay in Ibadan.My prayer is that I eventually settle down there.I am a Doc.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by bigfather(m): 7:56pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:
Dear nairalanders... I actually want to relocate from my present location right now, I have limited resources ( like 100k) in my account...
please any idea of where I can relocate to in Nigeria that has good security, cost of living at minimum and cheap and affordable houses to rent...
please help a brother out.. I need good suggestions please

ilorin
ibadan
abeokuta

for me ilorin is the cheapest city so far.....

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by hezy4real01(m): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
dnoable08:
Kaduna or Jos
very correct

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Jaiyeola24(m): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
Basic123:

you forgot to tell him how cheap Oshogbo weed is kikikiki

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
fineyemi:

Osogbo sounds cool, how many hours of electricity averagely can one expect?
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by speaktome(m): 7:58pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

oh... I see..

It seems we can have some things to do together...

Contact me through my signature

#MySignatureMyBusiness

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by bigfather(m): 8:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
Sanchez01:

Dear OP, whatever you do, DO NOT DREAM OF ENUGU.

Enugu is awfully expensive and annoying is the fact that water is a luxury in the only two developing LGAs in the state.

Based on personal experience, I'd suggest you beam your searchlight towards Osun (Osogbo), Ondo (Akure) and (Oyo) Ibadan.

Water is the biggest issue in Enugu and Ebonyi ......Chai i suffer there nor be small

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by jerryeminem: 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
Try Bauchi state...cheap food stuff..rent nd transport
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by fpeter(f): 8:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
You can try Abuja. Start from the suburbs. As a professional welder, you'll easily get a job. Don't be afraid to start up. People come to Abuja with dreams and some actualize it.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by TonyRoland(m): 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

wow.. thanks for this info... really insightful..

I actually had Ibadan, osun or ondo in mind before... But the problem with relocating is actually having a place to stay before you get an accommodation of your own..

how difficult is it to get an apartment in Ibadan? because some parts of nigeria, before you get an apartment you must have exhausted all the spare cash on you already...
bro osun state z d best,Osogbo precisely is d best to start up ur life as single up to d stage of getting married. d standard of living dere is nt cost. according to d post above me standard of living at Akure z high have lived dere so am saying diz with experience. for Ibadan tinz are cheap bt nt dat peaceful nd housing z costly dere. besides Oshogbo z one of d most peaceful state in Nigeria nd 22hours electricity guarantee.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by TonyRoland(m): 8:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
1realBobby:

thanks sir... but which do you think IS preferable for someone trying to settle down?
Oshogbo is d best,take it or leave it
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Papaaldrich: 8:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
Lokoja or Kabba Kogi state,very economical state you can get a nice 2bedroom apartment for 70K.its adviceable to do business there
1realBobby:
Dear nairalanders... I actually want to relocate from my present location right now, I have limited resources ( like 100k) in my account...
please any idea of where I can relocate to in Nigeria that has good security, cost of living at minimum and cheap and affordable houses to rent...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by fineyemi(m): 8:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

Osogbo sounds cool, how many hours of electricity averagely can one expect?
I usually have light for days without those NEPA taking it. sometimes for weeks. and of they take it, they will bring it back immediately. I stay at oke baale area close to UNIOSUN
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Kay25(m): 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
Temidayo9:
Ibadan
You are rite oooo my freinds from lagos came for a wedding in ibadan and heard u cud still take a taxi for as low as 20 naira and were amazed

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by LeanonGOD(m): 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2017
Oyo State, Mokola, IBADAN all the way.
1realBobby:

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Awaja(m): 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2017
Afikpo, atleast you can be sure of cash hence your' productive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.