Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? (65822 Views)

Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South / My Trip To Hawaii, The Aloha State In USA / World's Most Expensive (And Cheapest) Cities Revealed,See Where Lagos Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by diuloaku(m): 9:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
Nowenuse:

If you are talking of hustling northern cities, then Kaduna and Kano is your best bet.

If you cannot speak hausa at all and you are not good in learning languages easily, then Kaduna is better because about half of all Kaduna residents can speak english/pidgin due to the high population of christians there. If you also are the socializing type, then Kaduna is also a better option for you.

If you prefer a northern city with very good weather and beautiful landscape, extremely friendly natives, very cheap and assorted foodstuffs and vegetables. Then try Jos. Although Jos is not a hussling place like Kaduna or Kano. It's more of a civil service town, but it is neater and comparatively cheaper than Kaduna and Kano. And also not to forget, social life is Jos is very hot and high.

is there a building material market in Kaduna?
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
Basic123:

wetin person go go do in southeast when the owners of the place are even running away from village people grin

Lmfao

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by tayecrypto: 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
oga.....relocate come osogbo cuz everything here is normal....good roads, constant electricity..and very lively and peaceful..i swear
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Mbediogu(m): 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2017
uboma:

Kaduna and Plateau are states where you can get by so easily.

What do you have against the Northern region?

You know na- BH, Religious riots, anti southerners riots, tribal upheavals, political intability, long distance from home, etc. etc etc
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by kay29000(m): 9:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
bibicici:
Ibadan is not cheap o

It is not as cheap as people make it out to be, but it is still cheap compared to other cities in Nigeria. I live in a place called Ajobo (city outskirt), in a 3 bedroom apartment (new house) and the rent is 200k yearly. That is relatively cheap. I moved here from Lagos last year. What part of Ibadan do you live?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by spartacus11(m): 9:58pm On Nov 29, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:

Ibadan is better than Oshogbo, no gain saying that Oshogbo is kinda local(no hating) and not that industrialized but has stable electricity supply, cheap accommodation & even cheap food.

Areas like Iyana Church, Alakia has good power supply and accommodation is not that expensive. If you can get a space along Akobo Road to establish your welding skill, you will make it in no time(from life experience).

Getting accommodation in Ibadan is not that difficult, I would have assist you with that but nairalanders are quick to call you names. You can check Jide TAIWO on Google, website www.jidetaiwoandco.com they have properties across the country, you can even get Ibadan accommodation before your arrival and move in immediately on your arrival

Goodluck

See my nigga was up man, oya come help me for lagos na Ajah i meed apartment
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by tesimola4real(m): 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
[village people at work quote author=1realBobby post=62751869]
oh... I see..

I live at Benin currently... why I want to relocate is quite personal to me...

and I've got sufficient paper qualifications and I am a professional welder.. ( electrode and argon welding)..
thanks for your suggestions.. they have really been helpful[/quote]
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by enomakos(m): 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jerrypolo:

Very cheap dude, actually served there. Peaceful and cheap AF!!!

Miss Ilorin like no man's biz.
how is the electricity situation in ilorin?
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by spartacus11(m): 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
Pidgin2:
This thread is FP material, OP try Lokoja or Ibadan, cool cities.

Look at my sis, whats up, i can see those morons are still calling u up and down for travel section matter, how have u been sis

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by donnaD(f): 10:02pm On Nov 29, 2017
lagos badagry.it's very cheap.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Draxlerinc: 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2017
Borno
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by donnaD(f): 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
uboma:

Kaduna and Plateau are states where you can get by so easily.

What do you have against the Northern region?
Hmmm y not suggest badagry??

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by spartacus11(m): 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
Idrismusty97:
If you don't like the northern region then you are not ready to relocate. Personally i will rather pick a job in the north with 50k as salary than to pick any southern state with 100k salary.

Break it down please, throw more light
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
If you are going to be making money online then I would say Ibadan. BUT if you are going to look for job.... I would say Lagos because that is where all the good jobs are.

1realBobby:
Dear nairalanders... I actually want to relocate from my present location right now, I have limited resources ( like 100k) in my account...
please any idea of where I can relocate to in Nigeria that has good security, cost of living at minimum and cheap and affordable houses to rent...
please help a brother out.. I need good suggestions please
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by spartacus11(m): 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2017
Trustme2:
Sambisa Forest will be your best bet. I learnt there's an on going recruitment there too so no need to look for a job. Shekau will be ready to receive you with open arms grin grin grin grin grin grin
Kikikiki chop kain

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
House rent and private primary school fees are a lot cheaper in Ibadan than most decent areas in Lagos (except ghetto areas like Ajegunle).

bibicici:
Ibadan is not cheap o
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Funkybabee(f): 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
You guys just dey call Osogbo... Don't come to add us here cuz people migrating here hv makes house more expensive than before..... grin cool

@op u can cm here though alots of refreshing things..

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by enomakos(m): 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
Osi360:
JOS does it bro,
food
abundance of potatoes tomatoes n vegetables
house
u can rent a comfortable room for a start with 15,000/anun
people
JOS has very good hardworking people and very hospitality too
security
despite d bombings JOS experienced JOS is now very safe n peaceful but some areas are no go areas
how do I know? hv lived in JOS for more than 20 yrs
thanks.
tell us the no go areas bro
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by figure007(m): 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
ibadan or akure is your best bet in South west.. Things are so relatively cheap in ibadan. You'd get single room self con around apete area (though a rural place but very populous cuz it's closer to the polytechnic, Ibadan) around 60k upward, you can also get around 70k upward around eleyele axis, eleyele is better than apete in so many ways and there are three tetiary institutions situated in that area, electricity is very good. And if you can afford something 150k, you'd get a tiled single room self con in old bodija (an estate) or challenge and so forth.. Some part of ibadan are very peaceful, once you don't stay around all those ghetto areas like, bere, mopol and all the so called ibadan central cities.. Food is cheap, transport too. But getting a good paid job in ib can be so frustrating, so it would so much be in your favour if you are self made and get a shop/office in some selected parts of ibadan. Don't forget ibadan is a very big city, the biggest in west africa i believe so there are lots of places you can surely stay. Those places i mentioned to you are places i'm so familiar with. And things are not as cheap in akure as ibadan though but still cheap to some extent.. Transportation is kinda expensve in ondo state generally than most other south west states. And food is still kinda expensive too but ondo state i believe is still the most peaceful state in south west presently and akure is beautiful to some extent. But even though it is a state capital, it is still somehow scanty unlike few other state capitals. But you'd surely get cheaper accomodations in places like oke aro, oba ile and few other places and if you have a degree that can be considered for a teaching job, then you'd probably get to earn about 15k - 25k or more monthly depending on the kinda school you get. This teaching job applies to ibadan also. And if you don't care much about all those online report about osogbo then it's a city you can give a trial too. You'd get accomodation for 60k i mean single room self con but i don't know much about their jobs.
akure is good but it's a home of 419...know that one weller

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by sod09(m): 10:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
Funkybabee:
You guys just dey call Osogbo... Don't come to add us here cuz people migrating here hv makes house more expensive than before..... grin cool

@op u can cm here though alots of refreshing things..
I prefer ede
Hbd sorry it's coming late

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Keywordconcept(m): 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:

Ibadan is better than Oshogbo, no gain saying that Oshogbo is kinda local(no hating) and not that industrialized but has stable electricity supply, cheap accommodation & even cheap food.

Areas like Iyana Church, Alakia has good power supply and accommodation is not that expensive. If you can get a space along Akobo Road to establish your welding skill, you will make it in no time(from life experience).

Getting accommodation in Ibadan is not that difficult, I would have assist you with that but nairalanders are quick to call you names. You can check Jide TAIWO on Google, website www.jidetaiwoandco.com they have properties across the country, you can even get Ibadan accommodation before your arrival and move in immediately on your arrival

Goodluck

There is stable supply of electricity at Sango and Ijokodo, especially Ijokodo. I just love the area coz of electricity and the houses are cheap. IBADAN IS CHEAP.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by spartacus11(m): 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2017
OMEGA009:
Ol'boy, this ur emergency relocation. As a Benin boy, EFCC or SARS dey find you? Abi u Don give gal belle?

If i ..............

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by 1realBobby(m): 10:40pm On Nov 29, 2017
wow... thanks for your suggestions guys.. so this thing finally made fp...

hmmm... I think my mind has been narrowed down to Ibadan or osogbo .... please guys how much does a one room self contain / bedsitter go for in any of these places?
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by spartacus11(m): 10:40pm On Nov 29, 2017
Mariangeles:
Don't mind this one...port-harcourt should be the last place on your mind.
Everything there is very expensive plus crime is the order of the day, safety zero, no respect for human lives...only GOD almighty delivered my brothers from that place but their friends were not lucky...six feet under!

Gezzus na second sabista be dat oh

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by fineEagle: 10:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
Bless up...my u are very correct....peaceful and very affordable cost of living...
Temidayo9:
Ibadan

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nowenuse: 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2017
diuloaku:

is there a building material market in Kaduna? what kind of business strives in Kaduna? thanks for the answers

Really, every kind of business thrives in Kaduna. There is a market for everything. A city as big or even bigger than PH should not have less.

Kaduna is like the Lagos or PH of northern Nigeria (although Kano is somehow more commercialized/industrialized than Kaduna). Since Kaduna has a refinery and oil firms, let me say PH. But Kaduna is more like a complete package compared to Kano.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by spartacus11(m): 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
fineyemi:
I usually have light for days without those NEPA taking it. sometimes for weeks. and of they take it, they will bring it back immediately. I stay at oke baale area close to UNIOSUN

I need a house in dis area, as long as light is guaranteed room and parlor self contain or 2 bedroom flat
Hope nor be village?

Hope you can help out

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by debola27(f): 10:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

Osogbo sounds cool, how many hours of electricity averagely can one expect?
Depends. Where I stay now, averagely 21-23hrs of electricity.
In my family house at another area, electricity is averagely 18-20 hours. And those times that there's no light, you seldom need it then sef

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by debola27(f): 10:56pm On Nov 29, 2017
fineyemi:
I usually have light for days without those NEPA taking it. sometimes for weeks. and of they take it, they will bring it back immediately. I stay at oke baale area close to UNIOSUN
How close is your place to uniosun? I need a hostel close to the school, with constant electricity and water supply
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by ladensmith(m): 10:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
diuloaku:

is there a building material market in Kaduna?
yes....the place is called panteka.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2017
spartacus11:

Look at my sis, whats up, i can see those morons are still calling u up and down for travel section matter, how have u been sis

U dey mind them? I'm not from there, I only spent some time there
Re: What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? by ladensmith(m): 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
tayecrypto:
oga.....relocate come osogbo cuz everything here is normal....good roads, constant electricity..and very lively and peaceful..i swear
its true but job opportunity is relatively low....I spent a very good year there... i just relocated to kaduna after my Nysc... if u know fakunle, na we dey run there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Inside Abramovich’s ₦181b Eclipse Yacht With Helipads,Sub & Missile Defence Syst / North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.