Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? (29050 Views)

I Have Lost Hope In This Country In Respect To Government Jobs / PHCN Recruitment 2018 - Apply Here For Other Federal Jobs / Physical Verification For 2017 N-Power Applicants Begins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by micflo28(m): 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2017
Now i know the bane of our youths being unable to secure jobs. They simply lack the use of their initiatives. Ask yourself, was Npower conceived to deny you other jobs or was it conceived to give you more experience and edge you need to thrive and secure better jobs. Though Npower enrollees are integrated into IPPIS, a seamless way to avoid multiple wage payment and leakages, you need to write Npower that you wish to disengage from the program.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by emmyid(m): 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
KardinalZik:
It is TRUE.

You can't be paid by FG twice in a month. NPower is enslavement.

You can ask NPower through their official Facebook page.

Why and how is it enslavement brother I. T. K? If it's an enslavement, then I want to be a slave.
Let me tell you, hundreds of bankers and workers out there are Npower beneficiaries, at the end of the month, they get paid double double. U calling it an enslavement.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by stagger: 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
dfo12:
I hear alot of people saying that once you are enrolled on the npower platform, you cannot get another job with the Federal Government. Reason is because the BVN will reflect such and therefore cannot be paid twice by the Federal Government. Please how true is this?

Very correct. N-power is a Federal Govt job. You cannot hold 2 federal jobs at once.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by dfo12(m): 2:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
kennyoyee:
It's not true, Npower is meant for the unemployed graduates to manage the token until they get a good job. It's silly for one to lose a Job because of 30k per month scheme that has a time frame. You can only visit the Npower once you get the FG job for them to halt the payments. People are doing it and they succeed.

Thank you for this information.
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by Innobee99(m): 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2017
Am tempted to go in, i got FG job before this npower shortlisted names and i was shortlisted. Should i still go in?
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by peeps4u: 2:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
Innobee99:
Am tempted to go in, i got FG job before this npower shortlisted names and i was shortlisted. Should i still go in?

You've already gotten a job, dont opt for Npower. Don't lose the job you just got because of extra 30k you are eyeing with Npower.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by Shaev7(m): 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
lunacol:
This guy was still paid after disengaging from Npower when he got a work with CBN.So such information is a fallacy.Once you get another job within the Federal Government scope ,you disengage from Npower through your state focal person.
Mr. Daniel Joshua, the Taraba state-born 31-year old, former N-Power graduate employee says his sound Christian moral upbringing compelled him to refund the N60,000 paid into his account, after he quit the scheme in April.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Saturday July 1, tweeted and praised Joshua's rare display of integrity, which he said was worthy of emulation by Nigerian youths.

Joshua now works for the Central Bank of Nigeria in Benin. He is from Lissem in Ussa local government area of Taraba state.
He told newsmen on Tuesday that his Christian moral upbringing helped him to do the right thing.

“My pastor once told me that whatever weakens the conscience weakens the authority. And because i have always tried to avoid anything that will weaken my conscience, taking the decision to refund the money was not a problem.

“Although i didn’t have any money in my account at the time, the orientation from my bosses in my new employment about transparency, integrity and accountability also helped me quickly decide on the right path to take in the matter,’’ he said.

Joshua, who married in 2015 and now has a child, said some family members and friends tried to persuade him to keep the money.

“ But I am happy because both my wife, mother and elder brother, encouraged me to refund the money as soon as i received the alert for the two months salary.
“Yes, there were some friends and family members who persuaded me to keep the money, saying it was my luck,’’ he said.

Joshua graduated from Economics from the Modibo Adama University of Technology, Yola.
He said:“It pays to be upright at all times.’’
He advised Nigerians, especially the youths to be upright in their daily dealings and become good ambassadors of the country.

Joshua was employed under the Federal Government N-Power scheme as a Primary school teacher at Kaduna Lissem primary school, in Taraba, in January. He disengaged from the job after working for three months.
Although Joshua left the N-Power job at the end of March, he was paid N60,000, being stipends for April and May.
He refunded the money to the coffers of the Federal Government.

The N-Power management has commended Joshua for refunding the money. A message on its official Twitter handle reads: “We are extremely proud of Daniel"

Source:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/returned-n60000-salary-n-power-joshua/
The time I read the news when it happened, I really commended the guy. I tell people honesty pays.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by mapet: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
dfo12:
I hear alot of people saying that once you are enrolled on the npower platform, you cannot get another job with the Federal Government. Reason is because the BVN will reflect such and therefore cannot be paid twice by the Federal Government. Please how true is this?

Is that not logical enough for you? You want to get double salary?

Logically once you get a proper FG job or any other job, just resign for Npower and allow someone else get the job

1 Like

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by dfo12(m): 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2017
peeps4u:

The bvn is to detect those already under FG payroll not to deny anyone better job. There are several people already who got better FG jobs after being enrolled into Npower program. If there was no bvn request, several people under one FG payroll not the other would have also out in for Npower. that's just the essence

Besides, even if bvn will disqualify one, it has to be at interview/screening stage where your bank details will be asked. As far as I know, they don't ask fir bvn at application stage so there is no way anyone could have been discovered to be under Npower program at application/shortlisting stage.

This brings me the question of "how many people has even been shortlisted and sat for any FG job aptitude?"

I was pre-selected for npower last week and just this morning I received DPRs invitation for interview.
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by sunbbo(m): 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
You can't eat your cake and still have it at the same time..

Fresh Job Recruitment At United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) (2 Positions)

United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 20 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally. United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Fresh Job Recruitment (2 Positions) as follows;

1.) Corporate Relationship Manager

Click Here To View Details

2.) Programmer

Click Here To View Details

Application Closing Date: Not Specified

Source: http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2017/11/27/united-bank-for-africa-plc-uba-fresh-job/
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by Wondersoc: 3:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
kennyoyee:
It's not true, Npower is meant for the unemployed graduates to manage the token until they get a good job. It's silly for one to lose a Job because of 30k per month scheme that has a time frame. You can only visit the Npower once you get the FG job for them to halt the payments. People are doing it and they succeed.
Yes you are very correct. Get the big job and halt the Npower payments to avoid troubles later over double collection of salaries.
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by dfo12(m): 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
Meritocracy:

IT IS A BLOODY LIE, NO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY WILL CHECK YOUR BVN BEFORE GIVEN EMPLOYMENT LETTER, IT WAS AFTER EMPLOYMENT AND DURING DOCUMENTATION YOU WILL SUBMIT YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER NOT EVEN BVN. MEANWHILE BEFORE YOUR FIRST SALARY YOU MUST HAVE RESIGNED FROM NPOWER.

Thank you. Really love your analysis
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by peeps4u: 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2017
dfo12:

I was pre-selected for npower last week and just this morning I received DPRs invitation for interview.

I advise you keep pursuing both, just discontinue with Npower once you get DPR job as it is likely you will start Npower before DPR.

You may ask other NLers. I wish you success in DPR interview.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by matrixme(m): 3:15pm On Nov 27, 2017
All thanks to Baba Bubu. Being a graduate used to mean something especially when you get an FG job. Now in this regime, people are rejoicing that they got the NPower job on merit, with a 30,000 pay and a gadget to trap you within. The standards just keep falling in our dear country daily.
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by dfo12(m): 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2017
peeps4u:

I advise you keep pursuing both, just discontinue with Npower once you get DPR job as it is likely you will start Npower before DPR.

Once you are informed, you cannot be deformed but rather transformed. I have been transformed. grin
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by dfo12(m): 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2017
peeps4u:

If you are informed, you cannot be deformed instead you'll be transformed. I have been transformed.
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by jolyment: 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2017
mamaafrik:
Which kain wahala be dis,eyin eniyan ngbo na true?

Yes it's true but you can resign from the N power immediately you get new job not only federal job.
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by Reader1988: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2017
My friend was working with Local gov't and Later got N power and was enjoying both. He later got with State government but dropped local gov't and enjoying N power and state.
I still have a friend in Dssc Air force camp kaduna for training and he is 2016 N power volunteer.
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by Coolgent(m): 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2017
dfo12:
Its not true.
One of my guys is currently working in two different states he is also on NPower payroll.
Npower is nt organise at all

2 Likes

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by Esji80(m): 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2017
Oga it is NOT true oo . Npower has a representative on nairaland.You can leave Npower whenever you get the FG job.If you have gotten another job,just mention npowerng and give him ur details.
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by blogbuilder: 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
what of the case of a Corp member receiving allawee.. Can he still enrol with npower and get paid.?. if yes, is there repercussion?
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by oliviastacey(f): 5:12pm On Nov 27, 2017
dfo12:

I really do not know cos I was selected and registration commences from 4th Dec, meanwhile, I have an interview with a Federal Govt agency 2 days after. Anyone with info pls help.
it's very true
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by Noblekids: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
dfo12:

You were just preselected, you have not started collecting the stipend, so go for your interview and when successful write and disengage from the npower programme. Shikena

1 Like

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by Pechilo(m): 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2017
Please is there any 2017 n power from oji river Enugu state please contact 08066043110 she is also one of you. Thanks
Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by jamesbridget13(f): 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
dfo12:
its not true. Don't mind them. You can get any federal work. After you have been issued appointment letter n have resumed work at ur new post, u forward your resignation to Npower. Don't listen to those radio without battery o

2 Likes

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by emsheddy(m): 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
You can get a job. What you simply need to do is exit the program once you get the job. A lot of folks exited as soon as they got jobs including FG jobs.

2 Likes

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
Dreydoe:
Yimu...I sabi people wey dey collect npower salary and NYSc allowlance together....so what ur questtion...please never 4get ds is Nigeria
leave pple only in Africa things like this are gold...our govt seems to have no plans to ensure Nigerians are gainfully employed...de kip shouting entrepreneurship but wee are d requisite indices of infrastructure: roads connecting states and community train network connecting states water transport and others,electricity hospital good schools health and insurance...then ensuring minimum wage is adhered by all such private establishment do not keep treating pple like dogs...

1 Like

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by dfo12(m): 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
jamesbridget13:
its not true. Don't mind them. You can get any federal work. After you have been issued appointment letter n have resumed work at ur new post, u forward your resignation to Npower. Don't listen to those radio without battery o

thank you. I like your closing remark...epic.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by jamesbridget13(f): 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2017
dfo12:

thank you. I like your closing remark...epic.
u re welcome. Lol

1 Like

Re: N-Power Applicants Cannot Get Any Other Federal Government Jobs? by stainless91(m): 6:00am On Nov 28, 2017
Hello folks. please I need your contribution.
late last year, I got a job with farm but left around April, 2017 due to non payment of salary...I've been disturbing d manager but he promised to pay before year runs out...
I applied for N-agro and I was pre-selected....
Now, out of d 5 month salary owed,the manager has paid me twice (one in September and another in October).... I got the SMS alert with description XXXXXX SALARY....and hopefully, the owed money will through January or February. ...
my question now is that, can I be disqualified if Npower runs through my BVN and check my statement of account and they discover I receive monthly salary?
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deloitte Nigeria Graduate Recruitment / Exclusive Job Vacancies & Interview Tips! / N-power Batch C: How To Complete The Biometrics Without Going Through NASIMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.