Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,539 members, 7,801,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) (29172 Views)

Crowd Welcomes Lekan Balogun, Soon-To-Be Crowned Olubadan Of Ibadanland (Video) / Moment Omoba Tsola Emiko Was Crowned As 21st Olu of Warri / PHOTO NEWS: Ex-militant Leader, Ateke Tom Installed As King In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Hygist: 10:50am On Nov 27, 2017
Hard-wearing former militant leader, Ateke Tom, has been corronated in a grandeur ceremony as the Amayanabo (King) of Okochiri in Okirika, Rivers state.

He was earlier installed on Wednesday by Okrika and Ogu/Bolo Divisional Council Of Chiefs in his country home.

However, in furherance of the peace building measures across the state, Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has charged the new Amanyanabo of Okochiri town, HRM King Ateke Michael Tom( JP) to continue to invest in the sustenance of peace in Okrika.

Governor Wike advised the newly crowned monarch against being used to disunite the people of Okrika town.

In an address during the coronation of King Ateke Michael Tom (JP) at Okochiri town on Saturday, Governor Wike charged the traditional ruler to further establish himself as an agent of unity and progress.

While congratulating the Traditional Ruler for his successful coronation as the King of Okochiri, Governor Wike lauded the people of the town for installing a traditional ruler who fought for them.

The governor assured the people of Okrika Town that his administration will continue to deliver on projects in the area.

He noted that the process for the recognition of the traditional ruler, which includes presentation of a certificate of recognition will be done at the appropriate time, Simeon Nwakaudu, Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media said in a statement on Saturday.

The governor said:”Let me on behalf of the Government and people of Rivers State congratulate King Ateke Michael Tom, Amanyanabo of Okochiri Kingdom. With what you have seen here today, it is a clear testimony that you are loved by your people.

“That is why it is good for each and everyone of us to defend the interest of our people at any given time , so that your people will honour you at the appropriate time. Today, because of what you have done for this kingdom, the people have called you back home to come and be their new king.

“I want to proclaim by the Special Grace of God and by the powers conferred on me as the Rivers State Governor, Government of Rivers State will recognise this Amanyanabo of Okochiri town. What that means is that we will invite you to Government House, so that we present to you certificate of recognition”.

In his remarks, Former Minister of Transport and Chairman of the occasion, Dr. Abiye Precious Sekibo, commended Governor Wike for embarking on meaningful projects in Okochiri Town .

He said the completion of critical projects in Okrika Town at large have consolidated the governor’s support base.

Sekibo further advised other ex-Nigeria Delta agitators to emulate the new monarch, King Adele Michael Tom (JP) in maintaining peace in their various domains.

The coronation was marked by traditional dances, traditional rites and musical displays. Thousands of Okrika people witnessed the event.

http://www.gistful.com/2017/11/ex-militant-leader-ateke-tom-crowned.html
mynd44, lalasticlala

3 Shares

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Hygist: 10:50am On Nov 27, 2017

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Benjom(m): 10:52am On Nov 27, 2017

6 Likes

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by jaylister(m): 10:58am On Nov 27, 2017
Everything is possible in this country Nigeria

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by 4hys: 11:02am On Nov 27, 2017
Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 27, 2017
Ateke king?...Okrika people will not kill me. I wonder the premise on which Monarchs are chosen in some parts of the country. SMH!. Such position were given to noble men who lived and respected the laws of the land but in this case, a former gang leader who've killed innocent people for reasons best known to him, made a king. Kingship and chieftaincy titles have been watered-down to something anybody could acquire.

It's very shameful!.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Blizzy9ja: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2017
The Godfather is now the Amanyanabo of Okochiri kingdom...

3 Likes

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Jacksfdghh: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
Ateke king?...Okrika people will not kill me. I wonder the premise on which Monarchs are chosen in some parts of the country. SMH!. Such position were given to noble men who lived and respected the laws of the land but in this case, a former gang leader who've killed innocent people for reasons best known to him, made a king. angry cool

4 Likes

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by quiverfull(m): 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
O foolish Okochirians, who has bewitched you? Kings should be noble or of noble birth, and not people of obviously questionable character.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by ThatFairGuy: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
Birds of a feather flocks together. With money, everything is possible

2 Likes

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Hushpuppi: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
ok o.. let me come and be going..
Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Sunnycliff(m): 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
Thought afonjas said he's declared wanted?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Nigeria is hell and being a Nigerian is being in a purgatorial state of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
Na wa cheesy grin

Check my signature and order for your auto parts.

1 Like

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by adenine02: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
angry

And they say crime don't pay

Nonsense angry angry angry

17 Likes

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by zeusdgrt(m): 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
More money for e pocket
Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by dukie25: 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
He lost the respect of fellow militants when he started sleeping on the sane bed with APC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by gulfer: 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
This is no news, even wicked Wike has been to pay homage to the King EX-Millitant lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by eagleeye2: 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
How many times Una go post this thing come Front page?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Runaway: 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprise if Evans is release tomorrow and made a minister.

4 Likes

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Arsenella007(f): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
And I thought this man is on the wanted list of the Nigerian Government.. Oh well, what do I know?
Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by freeman95(m): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
I see
Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by asawanathegreat(m): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
Government is waiting for u. Like Tompolo
Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by hardywaltz(m): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
Rivers of foolishness

4 Likes

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Teobaba(m): 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2017
This is the calamity and impunity PDP with democracy brought to us. Can this happen under military were a a rapist , kidnapper and Bank robber will be impose on her people by a Governor cos he helped him to kill opposition in Rivers State. If you talk u die , if you never came for his coronation you are seen as enemy you will also die. Buhari come and save us oh

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by plessis: 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2017
But wike get mind oooo

1 Like

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2017
Benita27:
Ateke king?...Okrika people will not kill me. I wonder the premise on which Monarchs are chosen in some parts of the country. SMH!. Such position were given to noble men who lived and respected the laws of the land but in this case, a former gang leader who've killed innocent people for reasons best known to him, made a king. Kingship and chieftaincy titles have been watered-down to something anybody could acquire.

It's very shameful!.
Y don't u allow Okrika people to handel dere business,and u handle ur own business?

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by eagleeye2: 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2017
Jacksfdghh:
Ateke king?...Okrika people will not kill me. I wonder the premise on which Monarchs are chosen in some parts of the country. SMH!. Such position were given to noble men who lived and respected the laws of the land but in this case, a former gang leader who've killed innocent people for reasons best known to him, made a king. angry cool
I don't know Ateke Tom. I am not from Niger Delta or Okrika. But if it's. good in one part of the country, I believe it should be good for Okrika people.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2017
Jacksfdghh:
guy u copy Benita comments Y?

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
Jesse01:
Y don't u allow Okrika people to handel dere business,and u handle ur own business?
The next time you quote me you won't like it, Taiwo.

Be warned!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo Monarch, Oba Oloyede Adeyeoba Akinghare II Graduates From Secondary School / Prince Gbadegesin Ogunoye, Olowo Of Owo - Elect Bows Out Of Public Service / Lovely Names For Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.