Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Appeal For Funds For A Second Kidney Transplant - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Appeal For Funds For A Second Kidney Transplant (1342 Views)

FMC Umuahia First Kidney Transplant Surgery Was Successful (Photos) / First Successful Head Transplant Carried Out On A Corpse In China / Nigerian Kidney Patient, Tochi Mbonu Stranded In India For Two Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal For Funds For A Second Kidney Transplant by samyyoung1(m): 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
APPEAL FOR FUNDS FOR A SECOND KIDNEY TRANSPLANT AFTER AN INSTANT
FAILED PROCEDURE AT THE LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL
(LASUTH)

My name is Owofolaju Olumide Samuel, a 34 years old END STAGE RENAL DISEASES PATIENT (ESRD), I have been with the diseases for almost 2 years now, and I have been dialysing just to keep me alive and well.

Altogether, I and my immediate family have spent over N2m ($5,600) on dialysis for this period, this
includes 3 times a week session of dialysis and drugs to boost blood and control my High Blood Pressure.

We were adviced to consult the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) for further diagnostics which we did around January 2017, we were adviced to go for a kidney transplant and was convinced that LASUTH could handle such a delicate surgery.

We were given an estimate of N8m (Eight Million Naira)
which we subsequently ran all round to get. We paid the sum of N8m (Eight Millon Naira - ($22,000) ) around February 2017 and waited for the pre-transplant work-up

My mum was to be the donor, but along the way, she was found to be unfit, then my mother-in- law came forward and we matched correctly, this is according to the Doctors doing the work-up. Though the process was delayed that it took (February-October 2017) for them to prepare us for the transplant surgery and all this while, cost of dialysis kept rising.

Finally, we had the surgery on October 13 th 2017 , with all the long awaited period of preparation, with all the expensive test that ran into millions and all the emotional and psychological trauma of going through dialysis, its came out unsuccessful, reason been, HYPER-ACUTE REJECTION, no blood flow to new
graft.

So many questions begging for answers like what was done to salvage the situation as promised before we made payment? What could be done so I don’t be on the losing end? How do I appeal for funds without the prestigious LASUTH name propping up? Can we have a break-down of our balance so I can continue to fund my dialysis from there? In this 21 st century, rate of rejections is less than 1percent as there are drugs to rescue such emergency situation as am aware none was administered.

Now am back to dialysis, no remedy from the LASUTH, no plan B, just apologies from the team of transplant doctors which I have to accept due to a signed
consent form.

Right now, am appealing to well-meaning people to help my situation for a second transplant which I need to go for urgently, I have exhausted all available option for the first transplant and the sum of N8m ($22,000 approx) has just gone to the wind.

I would need an estimated sum of N12m (Dollar-Naira equivalent) to help for another kidney transplant to be done either at a private hospital (Zenith Medical and Kidney Center, Abuja) with over 98percent success record or abroad where cost of Visa, Tickets, Accommodation etc could bring the cost to
N15m. I will appreciate all kind gestures. God bless all donors.

That’s my story

OWOFOLAJU OLUMIDE SAMUEL
KIDNEY DISEASES PATIENT

There is presently a gofundme account running for me and donations going on, its just surpassed a million, pls help by sending link to friends abroad.

https://www.gofundme.com/olumides-kidney-transplant

Or my private acct number

0010218478 Owofolaju Olumide Samuel GTB

God bless

Re: Appeal For Funds For A Second Kidney Transplant by samyyoung1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
Cc: Lalasticlala seun myde24
Re: Appeal For Funds For A Second Kidney Transplant by entparrot(f): 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
Please guys let the donations start immediately to safe live, God bless you as u donate
Re: Appeal For Funds For A Second Kidney Transplant by Dacronym(m): 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2017
L
Re: Appeal For Funds For A Second Kidney Transplant by getwellinindia: 10:36am On Dec 07, 2017
Hello, We are a medical tourism company based out of India. In our JCI accredited hospital the kidney transplant surgery plus pre transplant work up is all done in USD 14,000. If you are interested we can start the process soon and help you. Thanks.
Feel free to contact us at info@getwellinindia.in or whatsapp: +91 9892530116
Re: Appeal For Funds For A Second Kidney Transplant by sammyyoung2(m): 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2017
hello
Re: Appeal For Funds For A Second Kidney Transplant by Ronaldayomide: 10:03pm On Jan 12, 2023
You need a kidney donor, contact me: +2348149197256
Ayomide, 0'neg blood type only

(1) (Reply)

Hearing Aids In Nigeria / I Need Help Concerning My Skin / This Fruit Will Keep You Away From The Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.