Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud (1224 Views)

FG Moves To Revive Cotton, Textile Industries / Rare Picture Of Oshiomhole Wisper To The Ears Of President Buhari / We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by dabeto: 5:45am On Nov 28, 2017
Cotton buds should not be used to clean ears, health officials say.

Inserting a bud could damage the ear canal and eardrum and push wax further down, according to the health watchdog.

The draft guidance from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice) also says that ear syringing, in which a large metal syringe is used to pump water manually into the ear to clear out wax, is potentially harmful and should no longer be used
Its committee agreed that buds may be a ‘hazard’ that can cause infections or push wax further into the ear canal.

The guideline says the ear canal is ‘self-cleaning’, with excess wax falling out on its own, and that the entrance to the ears can be cleaned with a damp flannel.

Rather than manual syringing, which can cause trauma, Nice recommends ‘ear irrigation’, in which an electronic machine pumps water safely into the ear at a controlled pressure to remove problem wax.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5123189/Dont-clean-ears-cotton-buds-say-experts.html

Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 28, 2017
Story.....

Feels sooooo good

Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by FlySly05: 5:51am On Nov 28, 2017
And the electrical water pump is cheaply available at Ndubisi chemist abi ?

8 Likes

Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by ubongoton(m): 6:00am On Nov 28, 2017
Thank God sey i de use matches sticks, my car keys, and my cock feather

2 Likes

Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by Flexherbal(m): 6:15am On Nov 28, 2017
Ok
Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by dabeto: 6:24am On Nov 28, 2017
Thank God sey i de use matches sticks, my car keys, and my cock feather[color=#006600][/color]

grin grin grin
Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by Ugoeze2016: 6:35am On Nov 28, 2017
Keep your cotton wool abi na cotton buds, please pass me biro cap

1 Like

Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by NDprudent(m): 6:36am On Nov 28, 2017
If any other suggestion cant give me that "cotton bud feeling" just forget it.
That feeling is dope

1 Like

Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by wristbangle: 6:39am On Nov 28, 2017
Sometimes the feeling of the cotton bud in the ear is sweeter than sex cool

5 Likes

Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by Isokowadoo: 6:45am On Nov 28, 2017
These guys re funny

1 Like

Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by Isokowadoo: 6:46am On Nov 28, 2017
Every single thing wen person enjoy una say make we no do again, wish kain wahala be dat

Aside Cummin notin feels like it

1 Like

Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by funlord(m): 6:53am On Nov 28, 2017
So dirty ears it is then?

2 Likes

Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by juman(m): 7:00am On Nov 28, 2017
Good advice.

1 Like

Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by FRESHG(m): 7:13am On Nov 28, 2017
TRY CHICKEN FEATHER AND YOUR LIFE WILL NEVER REMAIN THE SAME AGAINsad

2 Likes

Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by adjoviomole(m): 7:20am On Nov 28, 2017
Na wetin self! Make una leave me jare is it your clean?

1 Like

Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by BunbleBee: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2017
that feeling almost made my 'Thomas'go skrr kpa kpa skyaa poom poom
Re: Experts: Don't Clean Ears With Cotton Bud by Treasure17(m): 9:09am On Nov 28, 2017
All these Do's and don't self. I guess we should start using broom then. I tire

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Auditor-general Reveals Source Of $43m Ikoyi Cash / Buhari Guaranteed Workers Increase In Salary In 2018 / Un Jerusalem Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.