Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina (26405 Views)

Buhari Ordered Ganduje To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Kwankwaso / Buhari Directs Malami To Return Zainab Aliyu Awaiting Execution For Drug Traffic / Before Osinbajo Traveled To See Buhari Cabal Had Sent Malami To London - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by dre11(m): 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2017
By Kemi Busari

The embattled former chairman of the Presidential Pension Task Team, Abdulrasheed Maina, on Tuesday said his reinstatement started with a meeting with the Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, as ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari.

In a video aired by Channels TV on Monday, Mr. Maina, wanted for alleged corruption, explained how the current administration held meetings with him and returned him to the civil service.

His secret reinstatement, exposed in October by PREMIUM TIMES, outraged Nigerians and raised questions about the Buhari administration’s seriousness about tackling corruption.

The president responded to the report with alarm, and ordered an immediate investigation as senior government officials directly involved in Mr. Maina’s recall traded blames and denied responsibility.

Despite receiving the report of the investigation, the president has not sanctioned anyone for the scandal till date.

Instead, Mr. Buhari swiftly fired the Secretary to Government, Babachir Lawal, and head of the National Intelligence Agency, Ayo Oke, indicted in separate corruption cases. Critics said those sackings were diversionary.

In his first known public comments, Mr. Maina appeared to imply the president merely feigned ignorance to pacify a roiled public as he was not only in the know about his reinstatement, but he ordered it.

Mr. Maina said he initially decided not to return to work despite a court order reinstating him because some people in the past administration did not want him back.

“The letter of dismissal, I didn’t even receive a letter. It was when I heard about it (that) my lawyers went to court. They took the Senate to court and the court quashed whatever was the report of the Senate. The court also removed all the warrant of arrest. The court upheld that I should return to work. That was in April 2013.

But the last administration refused to take me back to my job. They refused to obey the court order. The Head of Service was asked not to return me to the office. The Federal Civil Service Commission chairperson at that time did not want me to return to office.

“Now I did not return to office but when this government came in, the president gave his note that go and sit down with Maina, I’ve given you the approval. They sat down with me after the security agencies cleared me of any wrong doing.”

Mr. Maina said he has never been sued in any court of law for any allegation.

“Nobody has ever taken me to court in Nigeria. I want Nigerians to know. I have never been taken to any court of law. Nobody has ever sued me for anything. I’ve never been take to any court of law.

“I have sued all the security agencies that we are talking about and I have won. I have full court judgements. They place my name on INTERPOL, I went to court and removed it. They did this, I did this I removed it. There is nothing they have not done.

Even the one they could not do, they went to immigration, put my name on no fly list. I went to the airport. I was in Nigeria, that was in 2015. I went to the court, the court granted me N2 million damages for not flying that day.”

He relayed how he helped the government recover N1.3 trillion through the AGF.

He added that the process of his reinstatement started after the Attorney General, Mr. Malami, visited him.

“As soon as this present government decided to sit with me, and after sitting with, me, I told them I will not leave you to go back to Nigeria without something in your pocket. I’m going to give you something in your pocket and the Minister laughed.

The Minister of Justice said what are you going to give us as gift? I gave him a document, I say go here, here, here, there’s N1.3 trillion they are going to steal it because they’ve been stealing every year. He was shocked, he said not possible. I said sir, with all due respect, could you please try it, this is a gift I’m giving you. I haven’t gotten to Nigeria, I’m just giving you a gift. I say try it for you to understand where I’m coming from.

“I’m not a saint but I try as much as I can to help the system. The minister thought that won’t be possible, when he got back, he realised I gave him a correct information. Now, after giving him this information, he asked me, when are you coming back, I said I will soon be back.

I said I have a court order. So, I asked my lawyer to write a petition. He now wrote a petition to government and the Minister set up a committee to look at the petition. They looked at the petition and recommended that this is a court order that there’s no question of going back on it, nobody has appealed it since 2013 so government must obey it.

“So, he sent a letter to the Federal Civil Service Commission to say this is the petition I got in my office, I’m attaching the court order which you must respect. I’m hearing people are saying he’s directing people to reinstate me. No, he said you must respect the court order, this is the court order because he is the chief officer of the country.

Now, the document was taken to the Federal Civil Service Commission. I went to the Federal Civil Service Commission, they told me they have just received the documents, they are going to see me later and we have a meeting. After that meeting, they wrote office of the head of service.

They say we want you to sit down with your Senior Staff Committee and after that you send it to the Ministry of Interior; that was used at that time because they were coerced which I later found out. The Senior Staff Committee was coerced by the then Head of Service, Mr. Isa Bello Sanni to make sure they send me out and packing because I had stopped the inflow of 5.2 billion monthly to the office of the Head of Service.”

The Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, Femi Adesina, refused to comment on the allegation.

Reached Tuesday night by phone, he told PREMIUM TIMES, “Anything on that issue, get in touch with the AGF”.

The Attorney General did not respond to phone calls. His spokesperson, Salihu Isah, could not also be reached as his telephone line was switched off.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/250944-buhari-ordered-agf-malami-meet-ensure-reinstatement-maina.html

2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2017
Buhari sef embarassed

Imagine this heavy expose on Buhari's cabinet.

Jonathan wasnt as terrible as this undecided

252 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by talktonase(m): 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2017
This govt nah real two face aswear...

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by Built2last: 11:43pm On Nov 28, 2017
BOLA TINUBU AND THE BUHARI GAMBLE.

By Charles Ogbu.

Buhari is not here because the North or the Caliphate is well sophisticated in politics.

No!

Buhari is in Asorock today simply because of the insatiable greed of one man, Tinubu.

All the brain-resetting lies and demonic propaganda including all the packaging such as Buhari wearing Igbo attire and even going to church plus his smart move of refusing to take part in the debate before the 2015 poll etc, are all Tinubu's handiwork.

For the sake of honesty, I must point out here that the ex-Lagos state governor is a political genius. An evil genius, some would argue but a genius all the same.

A betting man would bet that the whole idea was the hope of a Deja Vu of the Yar'Adua situation. Knowing Buhari's medical history, Tinubu was expecting the Yar'adua-zation of the Buhari character to enable him (Tinubu) become Nigerian president by proxy.

But he forgot one important fact:

In war (politics is war. Bloodless war) to achieve victory, you must not just have a very good strategy, you must equally know your enemies plan.

Tinubu failed to read the handwriting on the wall.

If he did, he would know that the Buhari presidency was not a Buhari project. It was a very big project initiated by the feudal #ChildrenOfTheCaliphate with a view to returning power to the North at all cost. In this project, everything and everyone was expandable. Even Buhari who is theoretically the 'owner' of this project is but a mere pawn in the whole arrangement as recent events have shown.

The fulanis don't share power. Even if Buhari dies today, Osinbajo can only be in office as his replacement but he can never be in power. So either way, Tinubu had reckoned without the witches.

The greatest lesson in this is that without the active connivance and complicity of Southerners, the fulanis are actually not as powerful as they think they are neither are the Southerners as powerless as we think.

3 times Buhari tried. 3 times he failed, even with the almighty Caliphate behind him.

Until the #ScionsOfDanfodio discovered Tinubu's greed button and began pressing it.

Tragically funny enough, while the educationally disadvantaged Northerners have 'colonized' everything and are in absolute control, lording it over the South, the Southern houses seem cursed with senseless and destructive competition like Dwarfs trying to ascertain who is the tallest amongst themselves forgetting that tallest or shortest, a dwarf remains a dwarf.

The ex-federal lawmaker is a uniquely talented politician but his greed crowded his sense of reasoning. His 2015 romance with Buhari was an epic miscalculation. He should have learnt from the Afonja mistake.

He didn't.

And here we are.

In the end, History will remember Senator Bola Ahmed Asiwaju Tinubu as a man who fought to dethrone a tyrant (Abacha) but ended up cursing his Compatriots with an even deadlier cold blooded death merchant (Buhari) in a bid to quench his bottomless greed.

A shame, isn't it?

218 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by suxkill: 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2017
Pls Sarraki,Madridguy,Ngeneukwenu and other nairaland resident zombies should tell us were they have hidden Maina.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by AdolfHitlerxXx: 11:49pm On Nov 28, 2017
PMB = huge disappointment....

GEJ = was terrible but we felt Buhari would right his wrongs.
angry angry

wickyyolo:

wickyyolo's useless homosexual father = A gullible ZOMBIE grin

I agree.....

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by OKDnigeria: 11:54pm On Nov 28, 2017
I thought they said Buhari is a man of integrity. As a man of integrity he should own up and admit that he initiated the reinstatement of Maina. It's become obvious that he was aware of everything that happened. His continual denial will one day embarrass him because the bubble will surely burst eventually.

Meanwhile, this has shown that the present government is not serious about the so-called anti corruption war

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by booblacain(m): 11:57pm On Nov 28, 2017
Is this real?
Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by swagagolic01(m): 12:12am On Nov 29, 2017
What a time to be alive shocked shocked shocked

Buhari asslickers make una come oooo, day Dan break ooooo

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by doctokwus: 12:15am On Nov 29, 2017
Its not only a fool,but a dimwit,chronic dunce and cursed Buhari ar se licker that would believe Buhari was not aware of the reinstatement of Maina.
Buhari is a dangerous,lying,incompetent bigot and those contemplating even foisting him on us for another 4yrs would have to answer not only to man to a higher being when the time comes!

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by baralatie(m): 12:37am On Nov 29, 2017
swagagolic01:
What a time to be alive shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by baralatie(m): 12:39am On Nov 29, 2017
By Kemi Busari
The embattled former chairman of the Presidential Pension Task Team, Abdulrasheed Maina, on Tuesday said his reinstatement started with a meeting with the Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, as ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari.
In a video aired by Channels TV on Monday, Mr. Maina, wanted for alleged corruption, explained how the current administration held meetings with him and returned him to the civil service.
His secret reinstatement, exposed in October by PREMIUM TIMES, outraged Nigerians and raised questions about the Buhari administration’s seriousness about tackling corruption.
The president responded to the report with alarm, and ordered an immediate investigation as senior government officials directly involved in Mr. Maina’s recall traded blames and denied responsibility.
Despite receiving the report of the investigation, the president has not sanctioned anyone for the scandal till date.
Instead, Mr. Buhari swiftly fired the Secretary to Government, Babachir Lawal, and head of the National Intelligence Agency, Ayo Oke, indicted in separate corruption cases. Critics said those sackings were diversionary.
In his first known public comments, Mr. Maina appeared to imply the president merely feigned ignorance to pacify a roiled public as he was not only in the know about his reinstatement, but he ordered it.
Mr. Maina said he initially decided not to return to work despite a court order reinstating him because some people in the past administration did not want him back.
“The letter of dismissal, I didn’t even receive a letter. It was when I heard about it (that) my lawyers went to court. They took the Senate to court and the court quashed whatever was the report of the Senate. The court also removed all the warrant of arrest. The court upheld that I should return to work. That was in April 2013.
But the last administration refused to take me back to my job. They refused to obey the court order. The Head of Service was asked not to return me to the office. The Federal Civil Service Commission chairperson at that time did not want me to return to office.
“Now I did not return to office but when this government came in, the president gave his note that go and sit down with Maina, I’ve given you the approval. They sat down with me after the security agencies cleared me of any wrong doing.”
Mr. Maina said he has never been sued in any court of law for any allegation.
“Nobody has ever taken me to court in Nigeria. I want Nigerians to know. I have never been taken to any court of law. Nobody has ever sued me for anything. I’ve never been take to any court of law.
“I have sued all the security agencies that we are talking about and I have won. I have full court judgements. They place my name on INTERPOL, I went to court and removed it. They did this, I did this I removed it. There is nothing they have not done.
Even the one they could not do, they went to immigration, put my name on no fly list. I went to the airport. I was in Nigeria, that was in 2015. I went to the court, the court granted me N2 million damages for not flying that day.”
He relayed how he helped the government recover N1.3 trillion through the AGF.
He added that the process of his reinstatement started after the Attorney General, Mr. Malami, visited him.
“As soon as this present government decided to sit with me, and after sitting with, me, I told them I will not leave you to go back to Nigeria without something in your pocket. I’m going to give you something in your pocket and the Minister laughed.
The Minister of Justice said what are you going to give us as gift? I gave him a document, I say go here, here, here, there’s N1.3 trillion they are going to steal it because they’ve been stealing every year. He was shocked, he said not possible. I said sir, with all due respect, could you please try it, this is a gift I’m giving you. I haven’t gotten to Nigeria, I’m just giving you a gift. I say try it for you to understand where I’m coming from.
“I’m not a saint but I try as much as I can to help the system. The minister thought that won’t be possible, when he got back, he realised I gave him a correct information. Now, after giving him this information, he asked me, when are you coming back, I said I will soon be back.
I said I have a court order. So, I asked my lawyer to write a petition. He now wrote a petition to government and the Minister set up a committee to look at the petition. They looked at the petition and recommended that this is a court order that there’s no question of going back on it, nobody has appealed it since 2013 so government must obey it.
“So, he sent a letter to the Federal Civil Service Commission to say this is the petition I got in my office, I’m attaching the court order which you must respect. I’m hearing people are saying he’s directing people to reinstate me. No, he said you must respect the court order, this is the court order because he is the chief officer of the country.
Now, the document was taken to the Federal Civil Service Commission. I went to the Federal Civil Service Commission, they told me they have just received the documents, they are going to see me later and we have a meeting. After that meeting, they wrote office of the head of service.
They say we want you to sit down with your Senior Staff Committee and after that you send it to the Ministry of Interior; that was used at that time because they were coerced which I later found out. The Senior Staff Committee was coerced by the then Head of Service, Mr. Isa Bello Sanni to make sure they send me out and packing because I had stopped the inflow of 5.2 billion monthly to the office of the Head of Service.”
The Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, Femi Adesina, refused to comment on the allegation.
Reached Tuesday night by phone, he told PREMIUM TIMES, “Anything on that issue, get in touch with the AGF”.
The Attorney General did not respond to phone calls. His spokesperson, Salihu Isah, could not also be reached as his telephone line was switched off.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/250944-buhari-ordered-agf-malami-meet-ensure-reinstatement-maina.html

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by superemmy(m): 12:47am On Nov 29, 2017
Fighting Corruption indeed

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 29, 2017
Buhari is not the problem but the Zombies who are always ready to defend him despite his glaring incompetence.
It is rather sad that the So called educated elites and elders statesmen are pretending not to see that PMB is a huge mistake.

It is so easy to predict the moves of the wicked Cabal. Before the end of tomorrow they will come out with a statement that Maina is being instigated by PDP and that his allegations are false. Then an old shameless SAN will say corruption is fighting back.......oh how I miss Gani Fawehinmi

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by Yeligray(m): 12:53am On Nov 29, 2017
[color=#006600][/color] coolbirds of the same feather flock together... A thief recognizes his own, God recognizes his own, A corrupt man recognizes his own... Believe it or not Jonathan is way better than Buhari

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by uboma(m): 1:09am On Nov 29, 2017
So why did PMB feign ignorance of the reinstatement of Maina to the Civil Service. He was offered a senior position and all backlog of his salaries were paid.

APC and their double standard.

2019 is just around the corner.....

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by clefstone(m): 1:12am On Nov 29, 2017
we need a better alternative in 2019

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by Blue3k(m): 1:21am On Nov 29, 2017
Why is this guy on the run if all this is true stand your ground in court. You keep running awsy like guilty man. Then tell these long tales. These guys in buhari's government are corrupt abd if buhari is proven to have knowledge get rid of him.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by obonujoker(m): 1:23am On Nov 29, 2017
baba integrity.....
Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 29, 2017
Buhari is a pregnant cow,I never knew the man is as stupid and useless like this

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by Nobody: 3:53am On Nov 29, 2017
Buhari is a pure hypocrite. Kai kai kai. sad

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by kokozain(m): 4:05am On Nov 29, 2017
Àm short of words

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by ivandragon: 4:27am On Nov 29, 2017
lol...

its not up to 4 days ago I said pmb's role will be exposed in this Maina matter...

Nigerians are in for more shockers real soon...

lol...

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:01am On Nov 29, 2017
My problem with Buhari is that he always pretend as if he doesn't know what's happening around him, this man is a big time fraud I swear..

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by safetyInspector(m): 5:18am On Nov 29, 2017
It is very study of a person to think that Maina will be back to the Country and reinstated without the President's knowledge. Buhari was aware of every thing but thought that it will be a business as usual.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by cyril83(m): 5:19am On Nov 29, 2017
This guy might not be far from the truth... Messiah in Nigeria politics always get messed up... Something in me tells me strong, corrupt and powerful politicians trying so hard to rub his face in the mud.

Jonathan is the grand patron of corruption and whoever he fires from work is definitely disturbing his looting practice.

Jona was a serious mistake

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by cyril83(m): 5:22am On Nov 29, 2017
Blue3k:
Why is this guy on the run if all this is true stand your ground in court. You keep running awsy lile guilty man. Then tell these long tales. These guys in buharis government are corrupt abd if buhari is provento had knowledge get rid of him.

If he stays close to them, he will be six feet beneath in no seconds.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by chloride6: 5:23am On Nov 29, 2017
Maina!!!!!! You will not keep kwayet grin

You want to expose Buhari to the whole world grin

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by cyril83(m): 5:26am On Nov 29, 2017
clefstone:
we need a better alternative in 2019

There is no other alternative than buhari... PDP agents in the government and civil service are working so hard to discredit him.

Maina knows what he's saying.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina by sinistermind(m): 5:37am On Nov 29, 2017
And one lying old man said the media shouldn't mock their anti-graft war... This Government is a joke.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo Women Shut Sterling Global Oil Company Over Unpaid Burial Rites / Atiku Did Not Include Primary, Secondary And University Names On His INEC Form / Sanni Bello, Oyetola Appointed Members Of APC Caretaker Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.