Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Best Airports You Have Been To? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Airports You Have Been To? (6410 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics / 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above / World Most Dangerous Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Airports You Have Been To? by sage(m): 4:17am On Dec 23, 2005
The World's Best Airports

For those who have travelled around, I'd like for you guyz to give me your opinions on the bests airports you've been to. Officially the ranking goes like this:

Skytrax Top 10 Airports in the World, 2005
1. Hong Kong Int’l Airport (Gold Award)
2. Singapore Changi Airport (Silver Award)
3. Seoul Incheon Airport (Bronze Award)
4. Munich Airport
5. Kansai International Airport
6. Dubai International Airport
7. KLIA - Kuala Lumpur Airport
8. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
9. Copenhagen Airport
10. Sydney Airport

For me though, SCHIPHOL is the best airport in europe (I hear the asian airports are something else, but ive never been to any)
My first impression of the airport was that it clearly shows the divide b/w developed and poor countries(probably b/because it was the 1st thing i saw outside Africa and all the chaotic surroundings. The level of cleanliness is something else. I almost felt we were beign cheated in Africa. How can a place in the world be like this and another be like the one i was coming from?
I think Frankfurt is fine too. In North America, i fancy Atlanta and JFK. Houston and Dallas too.

Guys pour in your airport experiences here.
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by buckeye(m): 8:32am On Dec 23, 2005
sage:

For me though, SCHIPHOL is the best airport in europe
i like SCHIPOL too.
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by Greatpeter(m): 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2005
Amsterdam schipol and singapore Changi airports are cool.
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by Akolawole(m): 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2005
Its Schipol in Amsterdam. Very good interconnections, officers can speak in English.
Its okay
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by Hotstepper(f): 4:14am On Dec 24, 2005
Amsterdam schipol is vey nice...i just love dat airport..damnnnn
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by sage(m): 4:44am On Dec 24, 2005
Seun pls could you put this up on the home page, and maybe add pics of airports if you want to

I think everybody here would confirm Schipol. I confirm myself. If youve been to Schipol and the Asian airports y do u think that the asuian airports are rated ahead of it?
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by ldollier(f): 6:26am On Dec 27, 2005
all the airport i been to were good so far.. but charles the gaul airport has got to be the worst airport eww that airport makes murtala muhammed airport looks like a star
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by Ib(f): 6:46am On Dec 27, 2005
This post is not fair, eh................. what about those that havent janded? Anyway............... Schipol is the creme de la creme. Lots of duty free shops. Hell................ they even sell sushi in that airport. But if u're coming from nigeria via that airport .,................. the immigration there na die. Some very intimidating immigration officials are there as u come out of the plane with dogs and all.
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by adodo: 7:44am On Dec 27, 2005
I've been to a few airports in North America,Africa and, Asia, but I'll give it to the airports in Asia. The reason is quite simple. They are new 21st century lavish, infrastructures. Most of the airports in North America and Europe were built way back....and the ones in Africa don't even talk about that, to start with Nigeria regarded as the giant of Africa cannot even manage an airline succesfully. Hong kong Int'l , Changi Singapore, Seoul Incheon, and Dubai Int'l ,are new airports and have all it takes to be on the top ten best.
Actually a lot of factors that space won't allow me now but, whatever I'll give it to Dubai Int'l Airport with it extra large Duty Free.
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by dejiolowe: 9:11am On Dec 27, 2005
Is no one talking about ibadan and akure's airports? grin grin grin
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by JP(m): 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2005
I love Amsterdam schipol
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by thelastdon(m): 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2005
Ask rock shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by GentlBlunt(m): 6:21pm On Dec 27, 2005
Murtala Mohammed Airport Nigeria. You dont have to walk far before getting to boarding gate. I didnt even know they board on two sides of the airport. I have flew BA, KLM, Air France out of Naija from left wing and the last time I flew Alitalia, I come to find out they board at the right wing. Interestingly I didnt know they board at that side too. For the first time I was lost in Naija Airport with no prompter to tell me who is boarding at what gate. Well, thank God you could walk the airport in 10min. I find my boarding with no sweat within 5min by looking at the plane saying Alitalia through the window on the other side. I know its my flight, because there cant be two Alitalia plane in that joint at that hour of the day. cool

Well, I love the Airport in Paris and Amsterdam Airport. Logan Airport Boston and Atlanta Airport is cool too. smiley
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by fadekemi(f): 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2005
i think i like Paris and Amsterdam airport.
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by owo2390(m): 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2005
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

one of the best
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by dblock(m): 7:25am On Dec 30, 2005
Changi airport is the best for me went there 2001 my mum went there recently the place is still in tourch and always will be me that place rocks. I would have to say its between Changi and the Hong kong airport. the European airports are good but nothing compared to the ones they have in Asia.
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by larger20(m): 7:16am On Jan 01, 2006
Intresting non of these airports is in the US..Yet US is NO 1 in many things
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by Hotstepper(f): 4:41am On Jan 02, 2006
hahhaha@larger_20....wat things r USA number 1 at or they alwayz assume they r number one in everything instead of saying just in U.S.A...americans r decieving demselves...da places dat don't make noise r on top dan places like USA dat makes noiseeeeeeeee
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by 2nde(m): 6:05am On Jan 04, 2006
hey, i invite you to Atlanta Airport. So amazing
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by buckeye(m): 10:13am On Jan 04, 2006
2nde:

hey, i invite you to Atlanta Airport. So amazing

abeg chill, i have been there b4.
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by thelastdon(m): 10:25am On Jan 04, 2006
Paradise Airport, Maingate Heaven
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by buckeye(m): 10:26am On Jan 04, 2006
thelastdon:

Paradise Airport, Maingate Heaven

have u been there b4 ?
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by thelastdon(m): 10:28am On Jan 04, 2006
yeah.......my boy
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by buckeye(m): 10:33am On Jan 04, 2006
wetin u find go there ..........abi oti kuri ?
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by thelastdon(m): 10:35am On Jan 04, 2006
u no know sey my name na malomo
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by buckeye(m): 10:38am On Jan 04, 2006
why did u come back ?
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by thelastdon(m): 10:41am On Jan 04, 2006
na some NL users like u brought me back sad
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by erekihc: 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2006
Some of una nefer enter plane...

Mine will be Calabar Airport...
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by bedone(m): 8:42am On Jan 08, 2006
lastdon n buckeye, ha hehehehehehe he grin grin grin grin grin Una won make ma bele burst. Una dey trip abeg
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by buckeye(m): 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2006
don't mind that guy jare, everything about him seems he has died before.  true true na so so wahala e dey cause 4 NL  cool cool
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by thelastdon(m): 6:00pm On Jan 08, 2006
hmmmmmmmmm........ one airport dey for downtown, hellgate, na fine airport tongue tongue
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by hotspice(f): 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2006
Hmmmm me i start mi own topic and will call it a sub-topic titled

Best Airports Bus Park you Have Been To? grin grin
1. Ojota
2. Eagle line bus Park
3. Delta line Bus Park
need i mention more.......send in your best park if u never jand grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits / Nigerians In Malta / Transportation In Nigeria: A Must-see Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.