Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,204 members, 7,780,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:05 PM

Best Airports You Have Been To? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Airports You Have Been To? (6399 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics / 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above / World Most Dangerous Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by AjanleKoko: 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2011
The top airports I have passed through are below:
Hong Kong International is simply superlative. Breathtaking. Get a window seat when you fly to this airport, and catch the panoramic water view as you land.
Schipol Amsterdam, solid.
Hartsfield, ATL . . . too big.
Dubai Emirates Terminal 3 . . . very glitzy, very large terminal building. I like their business class lounge a lot.
CDG Paris . . . aight I guess.
LHR Terminal 5 . . . Quite disappointing. I won't even talk about terminals 3 & 4. I presume 2 has been demolished now.
O'Hare, Chicago . . . too busy, busier than LHR.
Munich Airport . . . very tech.

Some other averagely okay ones:
Doha, Quatar . . . na real malo style airport. However the business class lounge is 5 star, as in F-I-V-E Star.
OR Tambo, Joburg . . . very modern. 1st world standard, save for the black south African airport staff, who act very strange and are really rude.
Pudong, Shanghai . . . functional, with no glam. Just there. all Airports in China kinda feel the same.
New Delhi Intl. . . . not bad also, newly rebuilt. All right till you step out of the airport, then you feel like you just arrived in Mushin.
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:25pm On Jun 19, 2011
Honk Kong International Air port is my number 1

Narita Airport Tokyo number 2

Doha Airport Qatar number 3

In europe nothing to mention,
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by nanidee2(f): 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2011
Schipol, kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Dubai not bad kiss kiss

the zurich one too kiss
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by sammydee27(m): 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2011
Schipol used to be the best when I first travelled out of Naija back in 2001. But for now, Asian airports hold the aces. Toronto Pearson international airport is a bang too. The airport has just been re-designed and it soooooo beautiful, you can easily miss your way there.

1 Like

Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by noblegas2(m): 1:52am On Jun 20, 2011
AjanleKoko:

The top airports I have passed through are below:
Hong Kong International is simply superlative. Breathtaking. Get a window seat when you fly to this airport, and catch the panoramic water view as you land.
Schipol Amsterdam, solid.
Hartsfield, ATL . . . too big.
Dubai Emirates Terminal 3 . . . very glitzy, very large terminal building. I like their business class lounge a lot.
CDG Paris . . . aight I guess.
LHR Terminal 5 . . . Quite disappointing. I won't even talk about terminals 3 & 4. I presume 2 has been demolished now.
O'Hare, Chicago . . . too busy, busier than LHR.
Munich Airport . . . very tech.

Some other averagely okay ones:
Doha, Quatar . . . na real malo style airport. However the business class lounge is 5 star, as in F-I-V-E Star.
OR Tambo, Joburg . . . very modern. 1st world standard, save for the black south African airport staff, who act very strange and are really rude.
Pudong, Shanghai . . . functional, with no glam. Just there. all Airports in China kinda feel the same.
New Delhi Intl. . . . not bad also, newly rebuilt. All right till you step out of the airport, then you feel like you just arrived in Mushin.

Are you really sure about this you might wanna try BeijING Intl Airport!!!!
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by AjanleKoko: 8:22am On Jun 20, 2011
noble_gas1:

Are you really sure about this you might wanna try BeijING Intl Airport!!!!

I've passed through Beijing, Guagzhou, Shanghai, and a few smaller ones like Shenzen and Chungking.
The airports are all humongous, but not really breathtaking.
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by claremont(m): 8:41am On Jun 20, 2011
How can I fail to mention Doha International Airport, Qatar. The air conditioning alone will make you freeze and forget that you are in the middle of the sahara desert grin
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by MRBrownJ: 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2011
i dont know about BEST airport, as i always plan to spend the least time possible there, but as for the WORST, i have had the pleasure to visit Moscow's Sheremetyevo and let me say that it takes the 1st place. . . . . . . . .followed closely by Hanoi's Noi Bai airport.
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by poweredcom(m): 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2011
I can see that many posters here are just juvenile. Una dey here dey pick best and worst airport,which one nigeria get that old warehouse?airport in US are the busiest then london Uk,then Asia just get structure,na structure we wan chop?hiss
Re: Best Airports You Have Been To? by Afam4eva(m): 6:45am On Jul 03, 2011
My best pick will have to be Murtila Muhhamed Airport in lagos and Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu.they're also my worst.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Austria Student Visa. / Warning:stay Away From Royal Air Morrocan Airline Worse In Africa / No Slot For TB Test In IOM Lagos Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.