Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Nigerians- Casual Killers. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians- Casual Killers. (744 Views)

Sex Workers In Ogun Battle Ritual Killers[PHOTO] / One Of The ALUU 4 Killers Caught. / Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians- Casual Killers. by darqly(m): 5:20am On Mar 27, 2010
When I spent a year in Kano,each time i went to the market or mingled with the populace, a sense of dread overcame me.I always looked to see if i could spot someone that had killed his fellow man during one of their regular bloodfests. Even when i visit Jos,my home, i imagine my childhood pals snuffing life out of fellow humans with impunity,without a second thought. This week in The Punch,i read of a girls school in Bauchi that lynched a suspected rapist and dumped the corpse outside the school gate- Secondary school mind you! Its truly shocking how easy it is for us to take a man's life then try to justify it. In many cases, most citizens have participated in one mob action or the other and allowed the primordial instinct in them to be manifest. There's need for urgent redress,else we're headed the way of Somalia or 10,000 Bc! How did it ever get so bad?
Re: Nigerians- Casual Killers. by lannre(m): 12:47pm On Mar 27, 2010
what do you suggest . I mean how do we tackle this once and for all
Re: Nigerians- Casual Killers. by darqly(m): 7:10am On Mar 28, 2010
Another round of civic education probably,don't know how else. And the authorities have to LAY the law down,hard. You can't go around lynching fellow citizens and escape scotfree.

(1) (Reply)

Sss Operative Killed By His Son – Police / Police Arrest Man For Faking Own Death / Blessing Effiong, 20, Regains Freedom After Almost 4 Yrs In Kirikiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.