Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? (90498 Views)

Which Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is Capable Of Becoming A Country? / Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by sokera: 9:17am On Nov 30, 2017
IkpuMmadu:
When you say development which areas are you referring

In terms of educational development I give it to south east
In terms of housing development I give it to south east . Igbo build houses
Interns of infrastructure development I give it to south west
In terms of agro development I give it to North Central
In terms of start up development I give it to south east
In terms of girl child development I give it to south east
In terms of culture development I give it south west and Edo

So when next you talk about development be specific
who is this ?

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by freshvine(f): 9:18am On Nov 30, 2017
Onitsha, Awka Combined Will Knock Off Lagos While Nnewi And Aba Will Knock Off Agbara, Sango Otta And Everyother Proximity Of Ogun To Lagos. Umuahia, Orlu , Abakiliki Will Comfortably Displace Ibadan And The South West Is Finished. Other Places In South West Are Glorified Towns Which Places Like Ihiala, Okigwe, Obigbo, Nsukka, Ekwulobia, Nanka, Afikpo Etc Can Take Them Individually To The Cleaners. The South East Still Have Owerri, Enugu As Their Joker

5 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Gazzy88(m): 9:19am On Nov 30, 2017
SE-anambra,Enugu,ebonyi,IMO and abia /SW-LAGOS,Ogun,Osun,ekiti,Oyo and ondo. Stop living in delusion that Lagos isn't southwest. That's to show why those igbos ain't taken serious anyway. And if you say Lagos was a former fct,calabar was also a former fct and its even closer to you,why couldn't you "develop" it like Lagos? Cry from now till tomorrow,spread as much as possible propaganda, it doesn't remove the facts that Lagos is a Yoruba-land hook,line and sinker. Enjoy your foolishness while it last

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by sokera: 9:19am On Nov 30, 2017
IkpuMmadu:
When you say development which areas are you referring

In terms of educational development I give it to south east
In terms of housing development I give it to south east . Igbo build houses
Interns of infrastructure development I give it to south west
In terms of agro development I give it to North Central
In terms of start up development I give it to south east
In terms of girl child development I give it to south east
In terms of culture development I give it south west and Edo

So when next you talk about development be specific
hahaha you just make me laugh oooo, value of banana island alone swallow all south east real estate

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by sokera: 9:20am On Nov 30, 2017
freshvine:
Onitsha, Awka Combined Will Knock Off Lagos While Nnewi And Aba Will Knock Off Agbara, Sango Otta And Everyother Proximity Of Ogun To Lagos. Umuahia, Orlu , Abakiliki Will Comfortably Displace Ibadan And The South West Is Finished. Other Places In South West Are Glorified Towns Which Places Like Ihiala, Okigwe, Obigbo, Nsukka, Ekwulobia, Nanka, Afikpo Etc Can Take Them Individually To The Cleaners. The South East Still Have Owerri, Enugu As Their Joker
hahahah I don't think you know the value of lagos and Ogun State alone ...

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 30, 2017
bakynes:

Stop including Anambra among places that should have ports, a River is not a Sea or Ocean.

Ships cannot sail that river in Onitsha,Ondo has the deepest and Longest shoreline in Nigeria and they don't have a Port, Uyo has access to the Sea and they don't yet have a Port so why must the FG think of a river port when states with Sea haven't even gotten a Port.

Akwa Ibom(places like eastern obolo, Ibeno, Mbo, Oron etc) has access to the sea, not Uyo.
Don't know who instilled this lies of Ondo having the deepest and longest shoreline in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by sammhi(m): 9:22am On Nov 30, 2017
South east

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by EvilMetahuman: 9:23am On Nov 30, 2017
meforyou1:
ibadan is just an average town like nsukka.
Lagos is not part os SW.see link below
https://www.nairaland.com/4185186/bini-original-owners-lagos-not
ibadan is a small town?

The kind of stupid comment you read from flat heads.

Same ibadan that is bigger than 2 states combined in igboland o.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by sokera: 9:24am On Nov 30, 2017
Oga080666419419:
Most houses in Yorubaland dont have toilets
the ones those Igbo boys selling lacasara and gala in lagos traffic can afford to rent ...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by IkpuMmadu: 9:25am On Nov 30, 2017
How can a region be so developed that we see human head hunters everywhere...pls can we explain the type of development we have in osun, ekiti , ogun etc ..let's not factor Lagos because it was a former capital and they should be thankful of crude oil from the creeks and south east
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by amasss: 9:26am On Nov 30, 2017
Although i am from the North central Nigeria, but South West much more developed than the remaining regions.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by EvilMetahuman: 9:26am On Nov 30, 2017
mathew247:
South East should be no1,south west is filled with old buildings...then south south...Beside abuja...I no sure upper north dey build better house at all.
south east didn't even come close to second

1st - south west
2nd- south south
3rd, north central.
4th, north west
5th, south east.
6th, north east (due to boko haram activities)

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by sokera: 9:27am On Nov 30, 2017
mathew247:
South East should be no1,south west is filled with old buildings...then south south...Beside abuja...I no sure upper north dey build better house at all.
sincerely you are typical illiterate... we are talking of development, you are referring to houses ....

10 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by sammhi(m): 9:27am On Nov 30, 2017
AnodaIT:
Ironically, it is the South West
South west is not developed. Infact it is least among the major 3 . Apart from Lagos , where else ? Is it Abeokuta or ibadan or ishogbo or Iwo or ilesha . These are glorified towns and not even a city
Go to onitsha , Aba, Owerri,enugu ,Nnewi etc and see level of development.
Infact , Kaduna , sokoto , Kano , Maiduguro are much livelier cities than southwest
Maybe most of you have never travelled round the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by bakynes(m): 9:29am On Nov 30, 2017
Ekinematics:

Akwa Ibom(places like eastern obolo, Ibeno, Mbo, Oron etc) has access to the sea, not Uyo.
Don't know who instilled this lies of Ondo having the deepest and longest shoreline in Nigeria.
My point is stop mentioning Anambra. Many states with Access to Sea haven't gotten a Port, it is now a River port the FG will bother about.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Sanchez01: 9:29am On Nov 30, 2017
Ucheosefoh:
And after the civil war what is the FG interest and benefits they receives compared to SE
This is not the question you should be asking. This same region returned all seized Igbo properties while the Ikwerres chose to latch on to them and convert them for their own use.

The SE is presently nowhere close to the SW as seen by the country's IGR publications. An average Ndubuisi would rather prefer to strategically position himself by leaving the SE for Lagos because he believes Lagos is where everything happens. I don't blame him at all because his beliefs are well aligned with the opportunities of Lagos.

Bulk of what the SW is today is without the assistance of the FG, if you have ever bothered to analyse the situation on ground. For a region that generates about 66% of the country's IGR, I don't really understand how the FG would want to help them.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by TheAngry1: 9:31am On Nov 30, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
You are free to compare southwest to southeast when she must have suffered what southeast suffered, picked up and rebuilt her cities with her sweat without waiting for the government to do so for her. Thanks

Your governors collect monthly allocation, stop this stupid comments about not waiting for government.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Sanchez01: 9:34am On Nov 30, 2017
freshvine:
This is one horrible peppersoup analogy. Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi, Aba, Umuahia, Owerri and Enugu combined would not match Lagos, and that's because the geographical location of has not only made it a commercial hub but the powerhouse of Nigeria, one thing the others cannot bring to the fore.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by BenzEne1(m): 9:35am On Nov 30, 2017
freshvine:

My sister I have to say you've just told a most ingenious lie. Brilliant o as you igbos are but still a lie.

I schooled at Islamic centre Afikpo Ebonyi. And I can categorically say without mincing words that even Ekiti state is better than Ebonyi state. Anambra and Enugu I agree are quite developed but they still cant stand Lagos and Ogun state. Oyo state is also doing quite well. And of course Osun.state is been worked on thoroughly. I was amazed when I went to Oshogbo. I tell you that the education standard there is better than any other state.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 30, 2017
bakynes:

My point is stop mentioning Anambra. Many states with Access to Sea haven't gotten a Port, it is now a River port the FG will bother about.

Guess you don't know who you are quoting. Have you seen me mention Anambra here?
Moreover, I for one do not see Anambra getting anything like a port, because it makes no sense.
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by sammhi(m): 9:36am On Nov 30, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
south east didn't even come close to second

1st - south west
2nd- south south
3rd, north central.
4th, north west
5th, south east.
6th, north east (due to boko haram activities)
Am sure you don't know anything . Where in south west is the development? Old roof or dialapidated buildings!

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by sokera: 9:36am On Nov 30, 2017
Ekinematics:

yes Ondo has the deepest and longest shoreline in Nigeria... google is your friend .. do your research

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by spy24(m): 9:38am On Nov 30, 2017
Jokes apart southsouth is the most developed
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Ijaya123: 9:38am On Nov 30, 2017
Duru1:
Take Lagos out of the southwest, what remains is a cocoa and kolanut farm.

Really? It's like some people don't know their mates. When Yorubas were achieving these below, what have your people got to show?

- Cocoa House,completed in 1965 at a height of 105 metres was once the tallest building in tropical Africa. It is located in the city of Ibadan in Oyo State, Nigeria.

- Liberty Stadium, The stadium was opened in 1960 during the tenure of Chief Obafemi Awolowo as the Premier of the Western Region.

- Western Nigerian Government Broadcasting Corporation (WNTV) began broadcasting on 31 October 1959, with Olapade Obisesan as its first Chairman. It was based in Ibadan and was the first television station in Tropical Africa.

- The University of Ibadan(UI) is the oldest and one of the most prestigious Nigerian universities, and is located five miles (8 kilometres) from the centre of the major city of Ibadan in Western Nigeria.

Should I continue? Some people do not just know their mates.

Ki ęlęgbę mo ęgbę ę.

A ju ara wa lo, ti ijakadi ko.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 30, 2017
sokera:
yes Ondo has the deepest and longest shoreline in Nigeria... google is your friend .. do your research

Yes only someone who doesn't know the Nigerian map very well will believe that poo written on wikipedia. 180km of coastline is a joke as compared to state like bayelsa. Go learn boy and stop believing everything you Google.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by spy24(m): 9:39am On Nov 30, 2017
sammhi:

Am sure you don't know anything . Where in south west is the development? Old roof or dialapidated buildings!

I tire oo Na only Lagos develope for west the rest states are villages
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by sokera: 9:41am On Nov 30, 2017
sammhi:

South west is not developed. Infact it is least among the major 3 . Apart from Lagos , where else ? Is it Abeokuta or ibadan or ishogbo or Iwo or ilesha . These are glorified towns and not even a city
Go to onitsha , Aba, Owerri,enugu ,Nnewi etc and see level of development.
Infact , Kaduna , sokoto , Kano , Maiduguro are much livelier cities than southwest
Maybe most of you have never travelled round the country
I am sure you don't know what Ogun and Oyo state looks like ...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Basalt(m): 9:41am On Nov 30, 2017
Alariiwo:
It's very visible to even the blind.. SW is the best.

The SE surprisingly falls in the least position despite their small size and landmass.
Northern zones are just there, fairing well.

SW contributes the largest IGR to Nigeria. Over 60% of total revenue generated in the country.

Remove Lagos (which historically belongs to nobody but most likely belongs to Bennin people)
Then mention any single SW state that is developed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by sokera: 9:42am On Nov 30, 2017
Ekinematics:

Yes only someone who doesn't know the Nigerian map very well will believe that poo written on wikipedia. 180km of coastline is a joke as compared to state like bayelsa. Go learn boy and stop believing everything you Google.
then I'm sure you have not been to Ondo State before
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by chalsixtus(m): 9:44am On Nov 30, 2017
BenzEne1:

So Asari Dokubo is the sort of fellow you listen to ?
Why should the oil allocation be cut off.

Is Lagos state not a part of Nigeria. The oil belongs to Nigeria not to the states of the ND. With the allocation cum 13 percent derivation these ND states are getting one would think they would be gearing to meet up to Lagos or even Ogun state. But alas we are ao corrupt yet we point fingers at other states as pilferers on our supposed oil money. We have produced some of the worst treasury looters in human history. I mean take a look at people like Diepriye or is it Igbenedion or even Ibori a well celebrated theif.

Just take a look at Aregbesola and his investment in education in Osun. In a few years no state would be able to match up with the human potential from that state. Of course we criticize him for his inability to pay complete salaries but are these our governors not owing salaries as well. Abeg leave pipo wey dey use their sense alone and focus on how to make our own states better.

you should just shut the fvck off !!
if I may ask have you being to ss or SE before the answer is no !

oga I served in the west I know your secret !
a typical south westerner hasn't left the south western region before in fact they can't survive in other regions for you Lagos is heaven , apart from Lagos state which state in the south western can you compare to any Niger delta state ?? is it Ogun state and her Abeokuta a place where to get drinking water is tug of war , lol you can't even compare Abeokuta to Obio akpor local government area in rivers or Eket and ikot Ekpene in Akwa ibom,
most south west states are comparable to mere local government areas in Niger delta , when you start travelling you will get wisdom

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by spy24(m): 9:45am On Nov 30, 2017
BenzEne1:

My sister I have to say you've just told a most ingenious lie. Brilliant o as you igbos are but still a lie.

I schooled at Islamic centre Afikpo Ebonyi. And I can categorically say without mincing words that even Ekiti state is better than Ebonyi state. Anambra and Enugu I agree are quite developed but they still cant stand Lagos and Ogun state. Oyo state is also doing quite well. And of course Osun.state is been worked on thoroughly. I was amazed when I went to Oshogbo. I tell you that the education standard there is better than any other state.

All this argument between east and west is nonsense the most developed region in Nigeria is south south oyo nor fine reach crossriver ondo nor fine reach akwaibom osun can't smell delta even rivers can drag with Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by chalsixtus(m): 9:46am On Nov 30, 2017
sokera:
I am sure you don't know what Ogun and Oyo state looks like ...

lol I served in Ogun state , its a local government area

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Poses With 2 Ladies At His 46th Birthday Party (Photo) / FG To Demolish Bishop Oyedepo’s Hangar At Lagos Airport / White People React As Buhari Says He Is Not Cloned In Poland (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.