Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,947 members, 7,799,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? (90261 Views)

Which Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is Capable Of Becoming A Country? / Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Basic123: 10:07am On Nov 30, 2017
meforyou1:
product of awolowo( may his evil soul burn in hell forever) nonsense quater-baked free education

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Rilwayne001: 10:11am On Nov 30, 2017
CC: Mallam FriendNG grin
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:12am On Nov 30, 2017
Jaideyone:
deluded mind. Ibadan is larger than awka, Owerri and Onitsha put together. there are many brown roofs in Ibadan and there are also modern building more than any state capital in the south east!!! that is why Ibadan is a sweet mix of the old and new(gold and rust).

back when I was working with the global fund malaria programme in Ibadan, an oversight came from abuja and she's a lady from the south east. she was blown away when we drove around visiting facilities in Ibadan alone for he whole day. she couldn't believe Ibadan is that big!!!

Modified: before you quote me and talk nonsense

This is Ibadan versus Onitsha, Enugu and awka put together. All your 3cities above are not up to 1/3 of Ibadan. Couldn't get a figure for Owerri and umuahia.

I bet Ibadan alone is bigger than all your cities put together

Ignoramus
grin grin grin grin grin

Onitsha has grown into a modern-day urban city, Onitsha metropolitan comprises of Onitsha, Nkpor, Obosi, Ogidi, Oba, Umuoji, Nkwelle Ezunanka, Ogbaru Ogunike etc Onitsha is largest city in east with zero slum unlike Ibadan with 95% slums

11 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 30, 2017
meforyou1:
SE is far more developed than SW. Lagos is not part of SW. Chief layi from lagos island said so. Lets compare the state capitals.
Enugu is more developed than ibadan. Owerri is more developed than ibadan. Awka is more developed than abeokuta. Umuahia is more developed than abeokuta. Abakiliki is more developed than abeokuta. Not to talk of the great cities of aba and onitsha.
All those ur state capitals like osogbo and akure are not even as developed as nore igbo towns like nsukka and ihialla

In as much as when people talk of SW most refer to Lagos. There are other cities there too, but saying Enugu and Owerri are more developed than Ibadan then you are lying to yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by 36STATES: 10:16am On Nov 30, 2017
36STATES:

My question to you is what do Yorubas do with their money? How can you say you are developed when overwhelming majority of you live in mud rusty brown roof houses with no toilet? If you take a trip around Igboland, you will hate your SW.

Shame never allowed me to visit home for over 5 yrs until I finished my house in the village; it is massive competition down there. I have many Yoruba friends here in London who boast of their 3 and 4 bedroom houses in Nigeria. Most Igbos in their shoes will be talking of mansions in their villages.
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 30, 2017
TheHistorian:

Firstly,Whatever you suffered(most probably the Civil war) wasn't a fault of anybody...any fuçking body.You were all gullibly deceived by a hairy chest dumbass into the creation of an imaginary Biafra that will never exist.

Moving On,The Civil war was not only fought in the SE,it extends to parts of SS yet these people does not litter our hearing with lamentations and blame-trading.

Like WTF!...SW leads bruv. wink
SW leads with all the bushes and brown roofs i see once i go past LAgos borders abi.
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by dlaw70(m): 10:17am On Nov 30, 2017
Desyner:
Add Ogbomoso to SW. Have you been there before? You need to.

nigga,apart from lag and Ibadan. sw is trash

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:18am On Nov 30, 2017
Western cities are the most backward cities in southern region

5 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by totit: 10:18am On Nov 30, 2017
Can any eastern states beat this

kiss

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by 36STATES: 10:18am On Nov 30, 2017
Ekinematics:

In as much as when people talk of SW most refer to Lagos. There are other cities there too, but saying Enugu and Owerri are more developed than Ibadan then you are lying to yourself.

Ibadan is a slum, Enugu and Owerri are modern cities. I have visited all of them.

5 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by FriendNG: 10:18am On Nov 30, 2017
Rilwayne001:
CC: Afonja Rilwayne001 grin

I have read the thread before you. Baseless Groundless opinion by Afonja like you who never traveled in their life?
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by BenzEne1(m): 10:19am On Nov 30, 2017
chalsixtus:

you should just shut the fvck off !!
if I may ask have you being to ss or SE before the answer is no !

oga I served in the west I know your secret !
a typical south westerner hasn't left the south western region before in fact they can't survive in other regions for you Lagos is heaven , apart from Lagos state which state in the south western can you compare to any Niger delta state ?? is it Ogun state and her Abeokuta a place where to get drinking water is tug of war , lol you can't even compare Abeokuta to Obio akpor local government area in rivers or Eket and ikot Ekpene in Akwa ibom,
most south west states are comparable to mere local government areas in Niger delta , when you start travelling you will get wisdom

You have a real atittude problem. I'm from Edo state bro. I can't say I've been to all the states in Nigeria. But hey, I've been to most south south states. Rivers state can't match Lagos state. If you don't know that you are the one who should travel and gain wisdom. You can't come here and spew lies. Akwa ibom cant match Ogun state. This even with the oil derivation our ND states recieve. Forget it the development in the south west tops any other region.

Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers get above 4 billion as allocation monthly. Yet a state like Osun that recieved just over 500 million is making strides. You have already jumped to term me an afonja because of my post. This is what is wrong with us. This is why when our own people loot our funds we prefer to listen to charlatans like Dokubo instead of criticising them.

We need to pray for the souls of the SS and SE youths

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by totit: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2017
post=62846344:
Western cities are the most backward cities in southern region

You are showing over a decade aerial view of ibadan.
Take a look at the new version of the said aerial in 2017.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Baroba(m): 10:20am On Nov 30, 2017
Apart from Lagos and Abuja ( built with oil money) all Nigerian states look the same to me.. Visit little Namibia or Rwanda you will find out there is nothing developed about Nigeria..

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Sanchez01: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2017
Ucheosefoh:
You are right you can't blame Ndubuisi when Lagos has the only functioning seaport and airport and as a business minded person he will move to Lagos where it will be cheaper to set up his business.
He will not be paying extra fees to transport his contenders (for big importers) to the SE when he can set up his business in Lagos and be distributing his goods nationwide.
The same mentality are shared by foreign investors who know that Lagos is the center of excellence and commerce. He will prefer to stay close to seaport and where the market (a compilation of every tribe in Nigeria and foreigners) is. Since Lagos is filled up the next destination is Ogun state.

This is in summary the crazy opportunity that Lagos provides over other states.
But that doesn't mean that huge business is not going on in Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi which are 95% owned by the the people of south east.

Sadly, no one is interested in the percentile of who owns these companies. Majority of the companies in Enugu's Industrial layout have folded up owing to lack of sustenance. There is no pride in a state or region that cannot attract investors.
That same Ndubuisi will go home to help with others to develop his village and help train other of his villagers in his line of business
This is a plus. Sadly, it doesn't occur to you that his taxes and that of his boys would be paid in Lagos, regardless of how big or how small his firm is.
The same Ndubuisi can migrate to PH to work in oil industry or set up a business near oil workers.
Lol! Tell me, how many Ndubuisis have migrated to PH to work in oil industries just like that??
The southwest has the highest IGR I hope you know those revenues are generated from different businesses own by south west, southeast and beyond this country.
Thank God you are seeing the clearer picture. Sadly, revenues as such belongs to the region and would not be shared with the South East.
while in southeast it is 95% indigenous businesses.
No one cares about this. The South East, or people like you hang on to the Indigenous title because your region is not viable for investors to come in and settle. Ogun state is the most industrialized state in Nigeria and the state is feeding well from these companies and is never interested in whether it is 200% owned by Yorubas or otherwise. If your region is that good, you would attract not just investors but quality investors that would bring good development to your region.
The same Ndubuisi can't boast of any FG presence in his region.
Maybe because Ndubuisi is not educated to know or understand that his state governor receive allocations from the Federal government from time to time. If that does not count for federal presence, I don't know what else does.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Basic123: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2017
silastemplar:
SW leads with all the bushes and brown roofs i see once i go past LAgos borders abi.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by totit: 10:21am On Nov 30, 2017
36STATES:

Ibadan is a slum, Enugu and Owerri are modern cities. I have visited all of them.

Who conducted your stats? undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Basic123: 10:23am On Nov 30, 2017
Baroba:
Apart from Lagos and Abuja ( built with oil money) all Nigerian states look the same to me.. Visit little Namibia or Rwanda you will find out there is nothing developed about Nigeria..
AND IGBOLAND BUILT WITH ONAHEZE NDIGBO COOPERATIVE SOCIETY grin grin

shameless arrogant noisemaking people grin

6 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:23am On Nov 30, 2017
How can a reasonable person compare backward west to east, minus Lagos (no man's land) Southwest has worst cities in Nigeria.

Owerri southeast Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by totit: 10:23am On Nov 30, 2017
Is this development? cool

Shm

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by totit: 10:25am On Nov 30, 2017
Basic123:

shameless people grin

Lool

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 10:27am On Nov 30, 2017
FinallyFamous:
Nigeria itself is underdeveloped, so what does it components stand to boast of?
seconded
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by nairavsdollars(f): 10:28am On Nov 30, 2017
Lies but Aisha Buhari said Nnamdi Kanu was still staying in his father's house at 40 years before Buhari pursued him away

36STATES:

What Yorubas do with their money is a mystery to me. Except the cities, you hardly see any modern building anywhere.
Mud houses with rusty brown roofs and open defecation everywhere. Do this people take friends to their villages for holiday at all.
They fill ok living in one room. After 30 yrs of age, no Igbo man is happy to go and sleep in a house that does not belong to him.

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by totit: 10:29am On Nov 30, 2017
Shm.
Many don't seem to understand what development is all about, they thought, believe it's about showing one local gov or 5% o developed aerial view of their various states.
Shm

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by nairavsdollars(f): 10:30am On Nov 30, 2017
For those saying Lagos is not part of Southwest, then under what region will we classify it or is it the 7th geo-political zone?

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Basic123: 10:30am On Nov 30, 2017
totit:
Is this development? cool

Shm
You dey mind the fools grin

Their evidence of those 419 people is to place pictures of Old district of Ibadan besides their new GRA grin..yahoo yahoo evidence grin

see this one below:
https://www.abacityblog.com/2017/09/no-investor-can-invest-his-funds-in.html

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Sprumbabafather: 10:30am On Nov 30, 2017
post=62846173:

Ignoramus
grin grin grin grin grin

Onitsha has grown into a modern-day urban city, Onitsha metropolitan comprises of Onitsha, Nkpor, Obosi, Ogidi, Oba, Umuoji, Nkwelle Ezunanka, Ogbaru Ogunike etc Onitsha is largest city in east with zero slum unlike Ibadan with 95% slums

If this picture is truly Onitsha and not a photo shop, then the south east is more developed.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by totit: 10:32am On Nov 30, 2017
Basic123:

shameless people grin

The new Ibadan they don't want us to see.
If your state's aerial view can beat this show the world. We are tired of the usual one local gov pictorial view.
Shm.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Sprumbabafather: 10:32am On Nov 30, 2017
post=62846515:
How can a reasonable person compare backward west to east, minus Lagos (no man's land) Southwest has worst cities in Nigeria.

Owerri southeast Nigeria

Much better than Lagos. Igboland rocks.

7 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Sprumbabafather: 10:34am On Nov 30, 2017
totit:

The new Ibadan they don't want us to see.
If your state's aerial view can beat this show the world. We are tired of the usual one local gov pictorial view.
Shm.

Shatap, Ibadan remains a slum and an eyesore to West Africa. Ibadan is not even as developed as Nsukka.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Sprumbabafather: 10:34am On Nov 30, 2017
totit:

Who conducted your stats? undecided

Me
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by totit: 10:37am On Nov 30, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Shatap, Ibadan remains a slum and an eyesore to West Africa. Ibadan is not even as developed as Nsukka.

Conducted, by who?
See envy grin
Back it up with facts,figures and quit ya oral figure.
Oya, kill ya self.
Can ya state beat this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply)

10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. / Jide Tinubu Slumped & Died Of Heart Attack / Evidence Of How Rivers State Was Rigged - David Hundeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.