Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,953 members, 7,799,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere (1450 Views)

I Have No Problem With Tinubu - Ambode Speaks On Rift / 2019: How Ambode's Quarrel With Tinubu Started (FULL STORY) / Akeredolu Snubs Handshake With Tinubu At APC Rally, Ajimobi Used As Shield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by OBAGADAFFI: 7:14am On Nov 30, 2017
How we can work with Tinubu — Afenifere

By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor

THE pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere has said that its rapprochement with a leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Aswiaju Bola Tinubu, would be structured on an irreducible minimum that he would adopt the call for restructuring as adopted by the body.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Afenifere’s National Publicity Secretary, Mr Yinka Odumakin, in an interview with Vanguard, affirmed that Tinubu was not a stranger to Afenifere saying that he only departed at a time. Odumakin spoke against the background of the celebrated rapprochement between Tinubu and the body last Wednesday when he paid a courtesy call on Afenifere leader, Pa Reuben Fasoranti. Tinubu parted ways with Afenifere shortly before the 2003 general elections partly because of his refusal to go with the group’s decision to back a pact to return President Olusegun Obasanjo to power in that year’s election. The breach subsequently extended to the formation of the Afenifere Renewal Group, supposedly backed by Tinubu which constituted itself as a rival to Afenifere. Responding to the development in an interview, Odumakin said: “It was a courtesy call, he (Tinubu) is not a stranger to Afenifere, Afenifere made him governor in 1999, so he is a member to the family. He moved at a time, and we hope that the visit will bring a better understanding in terms of the irreducible minimums of areas of cooperation in the interest of the Yoruba outside of party politics.

“So, even if there are disagreements, you must not hire small children to abuse your fathers.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/can-work-tinubu-afenifere/

1 Like

Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by jakeFrost: 7:17am On Nov 30, 2017
Crazy people
Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by Mynd44: 7:18am On Nov 30, 2017
Lmaoooooo.

Odumakin is a joker.

Eveytime I hear people talk about PDP in the SW in 2019, I laugh cos they dont have the structures or people. The PDP has managed to fight itself out of the head of everyone which can help. Very sad

2 Likes

Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by OBAGADAFFI: 7:27am On Nov 30, 2017
Mynd44:
Lmaoooooo.

Odumakin is a joker.

Eveytime I hear people talk about PDP in the SW in 2019, I laugh cos they dont have the structures or people. The PDP has managed to fight itself out of the head of everyone which can help. Very sad

Is Odumakin a PDP member?

Why is Tinubu suddenly meeting with his Afenifere? the same group his followers have been attacking.

1 Like

Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by kinibigdeal(m): 7:37am On Nov 30, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Is Odumakin a PDP member?

Why is Tinubu suddenly meeting with his Afenifere? the same group his followers have been attacking.

Afenifere saved Tinubu from Fulanis onslaught. The usual practice of Fulani which they did to Awolowo is that you get them to power they knock you off or jail you. About some months when Buhari came to power they wanted to probe Tinubu as a way of getting to him and taking advantages of the discord he created in Yoruba land but Afenifere were wise and they told the Fulanis that they would not allow what happened to AWO happened to Tinubu, remember Fayose too was vocal about it. The truth is, the new romance between Tinubu and Buhari is an huge deceit which Tinubu is now fully aware of. Tinubu is simply deceiving Buhari

3 Likes

Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 30, 2017
This is long overdue. We have already known how it will end from now. And that's one thing other southern regions lack in modern Nigerian politics. Your leaders from other regions are full of egos and power drunk that they either ready to join oppositions to deal with their own just for small change and personal financial gains.
If other southern regions can copy Yoruba style of government, abokiss will hardly rule this country.
Just watch how rochas will declare for 2023 presidency and his kingsmen will roast him alive and vote him out just for their personal interest. Just wait.
kinibigdeal:

Afenifere saved Tinubu from Fulanis onslaught. The usual practice of Fulani which they did to Awolowo is that you get them to power they knock you off or jail you. About some months when Buhari came to power they wanted to probe Tinubu as a way of getting to him and taking advantages of the discord he created in Yoruba land but Afenifere were wise and they told the Fulanis that they would not allow what happened to AWO happened to Tinubu, remember Fayose too was vocal about it. The truth is, the new romance between Tinubu and Buhari is an huge deceit which Tinubu is now fully aware of. Tinubu is simply deceiving Buhari

2 Likes

Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by tuniski: 9:19am On Nov 30, 2017
Mynd44:
Lmaoooooo.

Odumakin is a joker.

Lame!
Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by oodualover: 9:33am On Nov 30, 2017
[s]
kinibigdeal:

[/s]
Instead of you to focus on your south east, you are concerning yourself about Yorubaland. How many Yoruba people do you see talking about South east politics? None!!! We don't because we mind our business. Ekwueme death no concern una. Na one man wey dey stay thousand of kilometres away from Iboland una dey cry about. Igbos are obsessed with Tinubu.
Afenifere are bullshiits!
They are no longer relevant in Oodualand
Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by kinibigdeal(m): 10:02am On Nov 30, 2017
oodualover:
[s][/s]
Instead of you to focus on your south east, you are concerning yourself about Yorubaland. How many Yoruba people do you see talking about South east politics? None!!! We don't because we mind our business. Ekwueme death no concern una. Na one man wey dey stay thousand of kilometres away from Iboland una dey cry about. Igbos are obsessed with Tinubu.
Afenifere are bullshiits!
They are no longer relevant in Oodualand

This shows the standard of education in south west, am a huge fan of IPOB unlike many of my brothers that are too Naive. I can assure you that Igbos are doing better than the Yorubas under this economy, they might not have the political power but they have got the economic power. Having said that only a bastard (Omo-Ale ) will say Afenifere is no longer relevant, if they are not Tinubu wont go back to them. I am not the type of Omo-luabi that worship leaders with no interest for their zone, Afenifere are elders, leaders and the strong tower of yoruba. They made believe they are nobody because of one man selfish interest against is own people, when the odd changed he went back to them...
Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by dokiOloye(m): 10:11am On Nov 30, 2017
priceaction:
This is long overdue. We have already known how it will end from now. And that's one thing other southern regions lack in modern Nigerian politics. Your leaders from other regions are full of egos and power drunk that they either ready to join oppositions to deal with their own just for small change and personal financial gains.
If other southern regions can copy Yoruba style of government, abokiss will hardly rule this country.
Just watch how rochas will declare for 2023 presidency and his kingsmen will roast him alive and vote him out just for their personal interest. Just wait.
If Rochas declares for presidency and his kinsmen roast him alive,it is because he has been proven to be a charlatan and a miscreant grin.
If a Peter Obi or Ken Nnamani declares,nobody will roast them.
BTW,do u hate Igbos this much?Of all d Ogbonnaya Onus,Ngige,Ken Nnamani etc,na that never do well Okorocha u wan project for us?
Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by kinibigdeal(m): 10:15am On Nov 30, 2017
priceaction:

That being said my brother, the dis-unity among the southerners is a huge concern. We usually believe the North are illiterate, unwised, too local but we are wrong, they are a Master planner, dubious builders and very much smarter in terms of political arrangement than the south. Take for example, they will divide the south embrace the Yorubas against the Igbo, if the relationship later fails, they deny the yorubas and embrace the igbo against the yorubas and the cycle continue while they keep gaining ground. Moreso, they divide the yorubas/igbos against themselve such as embracing some governors against themselves or powerful individuals to create disharmony within e.g Rochas, Ngige, Now Late Ojukwu son, Fashola, Fayemi against Tinubu, Dickson/Sylva against Jonathan etc you see, power cannot be taken away from the North that easy, they understand us better but we dont understand them
Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by vedd: 10:26am On Nov 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:
This shows the standard of education in south west, am a huge fan of IPOB unlike many of my brothers that are too Naive. I can assure you that Igbos are doing better than the Yorubas under this economy, they might not have the political power but they have got the economic power. Having said that only a bastard (Omo-Ale ) will say Afenifere is no longer relevant, if they are not Tinubu wont go back to them. I am not the type of Omo-luabi that worship leaders with no interest for their zone, Afenifere are elders, leaders and the strong tower of yoruba. They made believe they are nobody because of one man selfish interest against is own people, when the odd changed he went back to them...
That poster is one of the slaves of the sokoto caliphate. His likes are only good at e-fights and ethnic bashing to create southern disunity.

2 Likes

Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by oodualover: 10:56am On Nov 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:

You are not Yoruba. You are a fuuccking Ebowl!!!!
@bolded. This proves it all that you are fucckking flatinoe. Where is the proof that you are doing better than Yoruba people in this economy?
Chest beating is in Iboes DNA

2 Likes

Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by konoplyanka: 11:35am On Nov 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:

Please can you explain this your tale by moonlight? Was it Awolowo that decided to be slave to shagari in 1983? How did Awolowo ever work with the north.

I await your response my osu brother.
Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by koladebrainiac(m): 11:44am On Nov 30, 2017
hmmm
Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by koladebrainiac(m): 11:45am On Nov 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:

How did Awolowo work with North? when has Awolowo worked with North? how was he jailed? he worked with them and they jailed him? how when was that??
Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by kinibigdeal(m): 11:54am On Nov 30, 2017
oodualover:

You are not Yoruba. You are a fuuccking Ebowl!!!!
@bolded. This proves it all that you are fucckking flatinoe. Where is the proof that you are doing better than Yoruba people in this economy?
Chest beating is in Iboes DNA

Not all yorubas think alike..thanks
Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by ODVanguard: 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:
I can assure you that Igbos are doing better than the Yorubas under this economy

Well, your former governor doesn't seem to agree with you on that. undecided

http://punchng.com/igbo-worst-hit-by-recession-ohakim/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by spartacus11(m): 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
vedd:

That poster is one of the slaves of the sokoto caliphate. His likes are only good at e-fights and ethnic bashing to create southern disunity.

And you're voting atiku from south east, dat does not make u a slave abi
Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by TheFreeOne: 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2017
Mynd44:
Lmaoooooo.

Odumakin is a joker.

Imagine such hogwash from a moderator angry

Is it that you didn't read before commenting or you were in a hurry for FTC? cos I didn't see what odumakin statement got to do with PDP.

Anyway Nigerians are watching how Tinubu plays his game cos 2019 will decide either his 'smartness', or 'eternal foolishness' in naija politics vis-à-vis his greedy hobnob with hausa Fulani hegemons.

1 Like

Re: How We Can Work With Tinubu — Afenifere by id911(m): 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2017
Mynd44:
Lmaoooooo.

Odumakin is a joker.

I read, reread, reread again and again, I didn't see anything that has to do with PDP in the article. Mr Mod, where did u see PDP in the article?

You don't make your support for a political party so glaring when you're a moderator for a forum like this especially in a country like ours where politicians are unpredictable and and can swing to any side depending on interest. What makes you think even Tinubu can't pull out from APC with his SW Governors, form or decamp to a party different from the two major parties and use it as a bargaining chip to gain upper hand in negotiation and eventual power sharing with whoever needs his support in future elections?

I don't know why you've never reason that someone else or a different party from the one you openly support might win future elections and decide to do something foolish as a form of retaliation. Whoever is still allowing you to continue as a Mod in politics section doesn't like his business

(1) (Reply)

Southerners Are Useless In Nigerian Politics. / How Fulanis Can Conquer Yoruba Kingdom / The Biggest Nigerian Myth Is That Buhari Is Not Corrupt - Twitter Users 'Expose'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.