Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,706 members, 7,805,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? (2543 Views)

Among The 3 Major Tribes In Nigeria, Which Tribe Love Their Women The Most? / Which Language Is The Most Difficult? Igbo, Yoruba Or Hausa? / Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by GideonIdaboh(f): 7:35am On Nov 30, 2017
It is no news that Nigeria as a state has vast heterogeneous tribes and culture. I was arguing with a friend just yesterday about the tribe that has the most difficult names. I feel TIV people bear the most difficult names whereas my friend feels it's Edo people. Though we've only been to a couple of few states in Nigeria. So, to the most travelled among us, which tribe bears the most difficult aside Yoruba, Ibo and Hausa?
Cc: lalasticlala...(I know this isn't a snake thread, I hope it will make it to FP)
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by madridguy(m): 7:40am On Nov 30, 2017
Edo people anyday anytime. With very long spelling grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by pyyxxaro: 7:42am On Nov 30, 2017
Edo state
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by feemi: 7:49am On Nov 30, 2017
Ijaws

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by Damibiz(m): 7:53am On Nov 30, 2017
Did u guys think abt jos people at all....they hv names like Nafdac,Nafchan,Nagdan...,jst to mention bt a few,mean why slave trade is back in Africa for real

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by amnesty7: 7:57am On Nov 30, 2017
madridguy:
Edo people anyday anytime. With very long spelling grin
The Italians?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 30, 2017
Edo and Delta. A colleague's surname from Delta is Ofoburukueta.

5 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by xreal: 8:03am On Nov 30, 2017
I agree with those who mentioned Edo.

But can you pronounce the names of the past and present governors of Bayelsa state - conveniently?
I think IJAW has it.

3 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by 48noble(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2017
Edo is d Chinese namers in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by mamaafrik(m): 8:17am On Nov 30, 2017
U go fear efik names now and akwa-ibom.
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by GideonIdaboh(f): 8:40am On Nov 30, 2017
Tivs, Jos, southern Karina bear difficult names o that you can ever imagine. A colleague's name from Kaduna is Chongdong while anoyher friend from Jos is Buenkwap.
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by GideonIdaboh(f): 8:43am On Nov 30, 2017
ThankYouGod:
Edo and Delta. A colleague's surname from Delta is Ofoburukueta.
grin
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by GideonIdaboh(f): 8:43am On Nov 30, 2017
amnesty7:

The Italians?
grin
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by Blizzy9ja: 10:02am On Nov 30, 2017
feemi:
Ijaws
Enter class you no gree

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by xreal: 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
mamaafrik:
U go fear efik names now and akwa-ibom.

Not again.
I was expecting such comment anyway.
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
Damibiz:
Did u guys think abt jos people at all....they hv names like Nafdac,Nafchan,Nagdan...,jst to mention bt a few,mean why slave trade is back in Africa for real
Slave trade?? Hmmm
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by Sarakuna: 8:06pm On Nov 30, 2017
GideonIdaboh:
Tivs, Jos, southern Karina bear difficult names o that you can ever imagine. A colleague's name from Kaduna is Chongdong while anoyher friend from Jos is Buenkwap.

Chongdong is easy na .. mchwwe

Wait till you see a name like Ovwrevbiekpasomwan Oghosa ugbuwangue Edokpolorghenede

Edo and Urhobo people .... Abeg respect to your people names..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by Damibiz(m): 9:43pm On Dec 01, 2017
Yeap
Gucciqueen38:
Slave trade?? Hmmm
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 02, 2017
Damibiz:
Yeap
Nawa.. Okay
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by b3llo(m): 7:49am On Feb 02, 2018
Ijaw
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by Kobicove(m): 8:09am On Feb 02, 2018
The Tivs also bear names that are difficult to pronounce
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by Bibidear(f): 11:13am On Feb 02, 2018
Sarakuna:

Chongdong is easy na .. mchwwe

Wait till you see a name like Ovwrevbiekpasomwan Oghosa ugbuwangue Edokpolorghenede

Edo and Urhobo people .... Abeg respect to your people names..
lol,so funny
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by itzMizELo(f): 11:28pm On Feb 02, 2018
isoko, urhobo and ijaw
Re: Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? by JikanBaura(m): 11:44pm On Feb 02, 2018
The tribe with the simplest pronouncing names is Hausa. Simple and sweetest names cool

(1) (Reply)

Some Ijaw Myths And Folklore / A Refutation Benin Origin Hypothesis Of Most Anioma People / Does Your Name Influence Your Character And Personality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.