Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent (14309 Views)

SEXUAL CONSENT: What It Means And Why Every Woman Should Understand It / What Is The Legal Age Of Sexual Consent In Nigeria. / A Rape advocate's outrage at opinions on sexual consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Laveda(f): 10:51am On Nov 30, 2017
Following the ongoing rape saga, Nigerian author Elnathan John has come out to address the issue of sexual consent using this analogy, read below.

[b]"Seeing some disturbing tweets on my TL. Rape doesn't have to be violent. Rape can happen AFTER one has given consent for an act of intimacy & not another (for e.g.: I only want to cuddle. I don't want to have sex. Or, I don't want anal. Or, I just want to kiss. No penetration.)

Also, "what were you doing in X's bedroom" is a stupid, unhelpful reaction to "X raped me".
You can be raped by your lover, your spouse, your friend, your sibling, your relative.

How to know when the next step will be rape (just a few examples):
1. Someone has said any of the following:
-stop
-no
-not now
-I don't like it
-it hurts
-I want to leave

2. Someone is clearly refusing to participate in the activity
3. Someone pushes you away

Things that are totally IRRELEVANT in wondering if it is rape or not:
-They allowed be have sex with them before
-They allowed me to touch them just now
-They spent the night at my house
-They slept in the same bed as me
-They wore revealing clothing
-They didn't scream or fight

Imagine this conversation with a waiter:
Waiter: Glad you chose this restaurant, would you like our Tiramisu?
You: No I am happy with my meal thanks
W: I mean, you came to our restaurant. Why come if you don't want Tiramisu?
You: I am fine really.
W: Ok, just the tip of the spoon

You: *baffled as waiter pushes teaspoon with Tiramisu into your mouth*
W: See I told you you'd love our Tiramisu
You: You just forced me to eat your Tiramisu
W: Nah. You walked in here. If you hated it, why didn't you scream? Look at your belt, unfastened, shows you wanted more.

Afterward...
You: *speaks to a policeman about incident*
P: What were you doing when the waiter was pushing the teaspoon into your mouth
You: I was stunned.
P: And you just sat there? Didn't scream or anything?
You: Huh?
P: Why were you there even? Thought you had a kitchen.

You: I like the restaurant. I wanted to eat out.
P: So why are you complaining about the Tiramisu
You: I didn't go there for Tiramisu. I already had my meal. Waiter forced it on me.
P: So you ate their meal but now complain about the Tiramisu. Is it that it tasted bad?[/b]

Share your thoughts!

More here;
http://orjisblog.com.ng/2017/11/30/rape-beg-nigerian-author-elnathan-john-addreses-sexual-consent-using-this-analogy/?

14 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Munae(f): 10:55am On Nov 30, 2017
let me park here
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by zicoraads: 11:38am On Nov 30, 2017
See why I didn't like the conversation of asking what took her to his house?

To me, it was an irrelevant question. Asking those questions detracts from the real conversation. The fact that a lady spent the night in a guy's house isn't license for anyone to force themselves on her. Boyfriend or not.

My only concern was the 'head' part. Even though it seems she already started pushing him away then.

In any case, I'm happy he has sued. I pray this case gets to the courts. We need to put to bed what constitutes consent and when a lady will be said to have been forced. Sleeping in a guy's house or not.

22 Likes

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Laveda(f): 11:52am On Nov 30, 2017
zicoraads:
See why I didn't like the conversation of asking what took her to his house?

To me, it was an irrelevant question. Asking those questions detracts from the real conversation. The fact that a lady spent the night in a guy's house isn't license for anyone to force themselves on her. Boyfriend or not.

My only concern was the 'head' part. Even though it seems she already started pushing him away then.

In any case, I'm happy he has sued. I pray this case gets to the courts. We need to put to bed what constitutes consent and when a lady will be said to have been forced. Sleeping in a guy's house or not.

Right!

If it gets to court, the issue will shed more light on this rape issue.

But even in all these, we women still need to be careful and not just deliberately lead men on, sometimes it's very very hard to control one's self when it has gotten to a certain point.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by zicoraads: 11:55am On Nov 30, 2017
Laveda:

Right!

If it gets to court, the issue with shed more light on this rape issue.

But even in all these, we women still need to be careful and not just deliberately lead men on, sometimes it's very very hard to control one's self when it has gotten to a certain point.
Difficult, but do-able. Even animals have self control. Not to talk about humans.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Laveda(f): 12:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
zicoraads:

Difficult, but do-able. Even animals have self control. Not to talk about humans.

Lol. I hope they change
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by ladeb: 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
See what lady wore to an event to disgrace husband..see husband reaction https://portalviewz..com.ng/2017/11/busty-olivia-buckland-suffers-epic.html?m=1
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
when a lady is being given head especially without consent, you will be stunned at that moment, your next thought will be to fight but u just wudnt be able to, that is how very sensitive the clitoris and vagina is, so yall shud stop blaming the lady,

There is nothing wrong sleeping over in a guy's place, so many of us have done it before and nothing happened, the issue is already in court so we'll all see what happens

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by favoritte: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
Following the ongoing rape saga, Nigerian author Elnathan John has come out to address the issue of sexual consent using this analogy, read below.

Don't mind those ladies, they always want to play the victim card

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by jaheymezz(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by BruncleZuma: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
sad
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
I will be back...
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by sisisioge: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
The issue, with regards the Unilag babe's, has been over flogged. E don tire me. I no read again. Whew!

1 Like

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
shocked
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by concupiscent: 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
"Fill the consent form or go home. Your vagina is not treasure island"

-concupiscent

17 Likes

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Daeylar(f): 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
This is nice to see, I love this,
Nice one Elnathan John, too much sense in this.
I love posts like this that shed more light on rape and what's consent and what's not.

Nice to see

"Just the tip of the spoon" though grin grin

13 Likes

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by jamalnation(m): 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
ok
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by phlemzee(m): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
Jesus wept
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Xisnin(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
Well done.
Unfortunately, some brutish uncivilized men won't agree with
you because they think it is their right to rape.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Quatermani: 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
ok
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by ivolt: 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sensible analysis from a sound mind.
Rapist defenders will soon be here to vent their frustrations.

9 Likes

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Heywhizzy(m): 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
My advise to girls still remains "Your body is the temple of the holy spirit" but this unilag slayers have decided to make their puna the temple of the pr1ck with the highest riches

Say No to rape but to be honest this slay queens don't help matters,how can you sleep in my bed with bumshot,wearing my long sleeve n expect ntin to happen..Adekunle gold's I no be your brother o comes to mind

NO means NO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by asawanathegreat(m): 1:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
I will deliver ur message.
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by danidee10(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2017
Story.... He gave her Head.

Translating that to the restaurant story.

The waiter put the Tiramisu (or whatever) near your nose and YOU WERE ENJOYING THE AROMA.
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by mrphysics(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2017
Laveda:

Right!

If it gets to court, the issue with shed more light on this rape issue.

Justice Okon Abang should handle this case

The law does not operate in vacuum and I think the law should be understanding. I find it so hard believing rape is surrounded by an ideal circumstances.
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by bentlywills(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2017
Nonsense
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Lindaxtips(f): 1:06pm On Nov 30, 2017
It

Is

However

A

Disma

Pisma

1 Like

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by hanassholesolo: 1:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
So when a girl says "it hurts" during intercourse then she has withdrawn concent? grin grin see beta males oh.

The way them go bang una wife eh, chai

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You Man Enough For Bromance? / MEN!! See The Shocking BODY COUNTS Confessions Of Our Future Wives!! (Photos) / Toasting With Big Grammar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.