Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,857 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles (54434 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 / 2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Mikel Obi, Ighalo Return For Nigeria (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by phollybee(m): 10:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sahara gal... Y dnt u face ur own problem na. If you dnt get my point rightly then kip mute , I dnt av ur time
safarigirl:
just admit your folly and drop it. No need to come off as rude undecided
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Jokerman(m): 11:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
They will soon sack this coach if he doesn't allow quota system
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by fx45(m): 11:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
phollybee:
Heyyah so u r pained coz of d likes...these players grew 'n came to real limelight under Rohr.
Forget about the LIKES... They dont add a dime to your bank account.

Now are you going to take correction or not?
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Lilpacshacor: 11:42pm On Nov 30, 2017
Very soon,d likes of agbim,ezewan will be fully replace by alampasu,okoye,francis and manny agboola of oxford utd and sebastian osigwe of kries
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Jdesilentkiller(m): 11:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
bencarson007:

My brother, you are funny... LOL
Thanks bro
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Lilpacshacor: 12:01am On Dec 01, 2017
I dont care if he is nt first choice in is club asfar he is you and ready 2 play.remember we have lost so many good playas becos we want 2 wait 4 him 2 manifist in2 gud playa.just reason d likes of dele alli,ross barkley,mbape,alaba,tammy, and d one we abot 2 loss solanke,manuel akanji,desser,ryan sanusi,ohi omoijuanfo,dominic civinic,deji beyreuther,chinedu ekene and even our future star lateef omodiji and many more
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Lilpacshacor: 12:24am On Dec 01, 2017
Player dat should be add 2 our u17 for 2019 are goalkeepers gavin bazunu(shamrock rover),daniel jinadu chelsea,ayman alchelabi man utd,noah atubolu freiburg..defenders central josh okocha west ham,michael elechi man utd,jordan aina chelsea,felix omoruyi irorere eintracht frankfurt.. Rb tega agberhiere waterford,jamin nwanze villa fc.. Lb niyi schlten ajax armsterdam,eken achunike bayer leverkusen,mazeed ogbungo arsenal.. Md noni mgdueke tottenham,sheriff ologundulu man utd,ashley akpan chelsea

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Matinho: 12:26am On Dec 01, 2017
Yea.Our indigenous coaches have all been making selections centred on selfish interest either politically engineered or seeking financial returns from selected players in return.I am glad we have a coach of this caliber now,cos trust me if it was a Naija coach,i no even sure say we go finish third in our group talk less of world cup qualification.In a long time we qualified without permutation or relying on other teams to lose and we have also be scoring goals.Bravo Rohr!
phollybee:
This man is the Best ever, Scouting for the real Talents,.. Whenever I remember those Defenders he discovered and players he brought out their very best,like Troost-Ekong, Balogun, Awaziem, Shehu, Aina ,Idowu, that always stand lik Zuma Rock to those Attacking force of our opponents, I keep praying for you . Go For Gold @Russia18!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by bendike: 12:33am On Dec 01, 2017
Mike880:

I don't have an ID card bro
you do not need an id card
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Lilpacshacor: 1:08am On Dec 01, 2017
U17 wingers for 2019 left footed festy obosele bray wanderers,ryan celestine babayaro newcastle utd...right footed sotona deji man utd,armstrong okoflex arsenal... Creative/attackive midfielda roland idowu southampton..forward karim adeyemi spvg unterhaching,miku odupeko man utd,votu nelson freiburg and the golden boy lateef omidiji jr

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Lilpacshacor: 1:16am On Dec 01, 2017
What do you think about this our up come u17 listed above
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Matinho: 2:48am On Dec 01, 2017
Enyeama is being a biatch
Doesnt want to honor the call up
so stupid.
Excuzeme:

If anyone is better than Enyeama, then they deserve the #1 shirt.

But we all know that right now, Vincent Enyeama is our Patrick Okala, Ogedengbe and Peter Rufai all rolled into one.

What is the beef they have with Enyeama is what l dont get.

Is it jealousy, Ego problem or just hatred?
Sort the differences out and let him resume in Camp.

Coach Rohr knows that if this were to be the German National team, only THE BEST will be called Up and not based on sentiments like ego or clash of ego with Slowbie.
Why not in Nigeria?
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by class0247: 3:29am On Dec 01, 2017
Excuzeme:

That is what l am saying!.

Let us assume it is true he insulted the NFF and Mikel Slowbie
. (Some will argue that he was only asking for what actually belongs to the players, being the Captain and it is actually the NFF officials who steal player's allowance that should apologise to the team, we all know what happens with Money, in Nigeria grin ).

If he insulted these set of people, the proper thing is to give him the Option to apologise NOW NOW and l think in the National Interest, every person should be able to swallow their EGO and do whatever is necessary to move the Nation forward.

Shutting him out and going al over the globe to look for an uncapped, non-firsteam-action Goalkepper who did not even play at all in the Qualifiers, is a disaster waiting to happen.
The World Cup is not where you TEST players, those are done at the qualifying rounds.

Let them sort out the apology thing, we are not interested in who is right or wrong for now, we just want THE BEST to represent the Country and Enyeama, as far as l know, is beter than any Nigerian Goal Keeper, by Miles.

Bro abeg part well. Enyeama time don pass the last time I check he's not even fit and can't play for his club that is struggling...let give the young once change. We don't need any bad blood or disunity in the eagles camp now. Is too late for that

3 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by bigtt76(f): 5:05am On Dec 01, 2017
Wonder what happened to Alampasu the young goalkeeper undecided

robosky02:
2018 World Cup: Gernot Rohr confirms addition of German born goalkeeper to Super Eagles

Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr, has confirmed that 18-year-old German-born Fortuna Dusseldorf ‎goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye will be available to him ahead of the World Cup.

The Super Eagles are still searching for goalkeeper after the first choice, Karl Ikeme was hospitalised with Leukaemia.

The Franco-German coach who is in Russia for tomorrow’s World Cup draw told Own Goal that he will add Okoye to his pool of players next year when they play their friendly games.

He said, “There’s another goalkeeper we have in our sight now. He plays with Fortuna Dusseldorf in Germany, Maduka Okoye, born in Germany but has agreed to play for Nigeria.

“We will look at him in the coming games to see if he will be able to push for a spot in the team we are preparing for the World Cup.”

Born in Germany to Nigerian parents, Okoye is yet to man the goal for the first team of the second division team in Germany, and only made his debut for the U23 in October.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/30/2018-world-cup-gernot-rohr-confirms-addition-german-born-goalkeeper-super-eagles/
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by onadana: 5:23am On Dec 01, 2017
slam7000:
The young man isn’t ripe for the Eagles.

At 18, and not even the first choice keeper for his bundesliga 2 side. I think he is not ready for the big stage. If he is passionate about playing for Nigeria, he should come to the Flying Eagles camp and prove himself.

We should be careful of relegating our local league and giving so much privileges to European players of Nigerian descent. Playing for some unknown team in Europe shouldn’t automatically qualify one to be invited to the Eagles camp.

Fortuna dusseldorf is not an unknown entity. It is one of the oldest club in Germany.

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Xgull007(m): 6:23am On Dec 01, 2017
I think ezenwa should remain our number 1

1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Xgull007(m): 6:29am On Dec 01, 2017
Ezenwa still remain our number 1

1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by tuscani: 6:38am On Dec 01, 2017
Mike880:

Bro I'm 100% sure I'll pay back before on the 13th, please
I hope you understand what I mean, this is an online forum, what about if you disappear. I have a simple proposal, if you leave around Abuja/ Suleja, I can send my brother to give you, me I leave overseas
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by slam7000(m): 7:34am On Dec 01, 2017
onadana:

Fortuna dusseldorf is not an unknown entity. It is one of the oldest club in Germany.

So is FC Cologne. An 18 year old goal keeper who plays age group football with a club in the second tier of German football and is not good enough for the first team yet or has played for the first team is about to invited to the Nigeria national team camp??

You guys should stop comparing him to David Alaba. Alaba was a child prodigy, we knew him and followed his development. The only reason Maduka is being invited is because he is half Nigerian. There’s nothing wrong with that, my argument is that people like him should be invited to the Flying Eagles camp to fight for shirt. Let his passion and commitment for Nigeria start there.
Ezenwa is not the best goal keeper in the NPL. It will be wrong to judge the quality of the local league based on his performance. We are only having this argument because an average Nigerian knows the La Liga, EPL etc better than Nigeria professional league. That’s sad, even your senators, NPL executives would rather travel to Europe rather commute to his local stadium to watch the NPL.

Maduka’s time will come. He has a lot to learn. He is in the right place and environment to achieve that. Fortuna is currently second in bundesliga 2. Hopefully they’ll move up next season and face the likes of Bayern.

Nigeria will be playing the qualities of Bayern FC players not some unfortunate Fortuna Dusseldorf players in some miserable bundesliga2.

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:42am On Dec 01, 2017
phollybee:
This man is the Best ever, Scouting for the real Talents,.. Whenever I remember those Defenders he discovered and players he brought out their very best,like Troost-Ekong, Balogun, Awaziem, Shehu, Aina ,Idowu, that always stand lik Zuma Rock to those Attacking force of our opponents, I keep praying for you . Go For Gold @Russia18!
bros wake up before you chop the pillow

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Excuzeme: 8:21am On Dec 01, 2017
Goke7:

does enyeama have a club presently to indicate he is better than the other goal keepers or we are relying on his past heroics

Yes, he does.
LOSC Lille.
Contract ends in 2019.

Use goggle, if in doubt
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by mexxyaaron(m): 8:34am On Dec 01, 2017
TVTKOKO:
can you hear yourself You using an alternate account to beg on an anonymous platform. So when you get the money, you can close this account like nothing happened.

U are very correct my brother, he has just shown his criminal tendencies.
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Excuzeme: 8:35am On Dec 01, 2017
junnyjake:

Forget that talk Bro.

Enyeama has been injured for the last 6 months, and he's presently without a team. If he fails to get himself fit before the WC, he'd be a disaster waiting to happen.

Remember Peter Rufai was forced out of retirement just to embarrass himself.

Rorh isn't crazy to take this guy to the WC, he knows what he's doing, he's giving the young man hope. We have Ajiboye, Uzoho, Alampasu, these guys are by far more experienced than him and have played in the big stages. That is if we won't take Akpeyi and Ezenwa to the WC.

Above all, okoye would be a great addition to the flying eagles squad.

Some of you guys just like to yarn nonsense when yo can actually verify information online, before posting anything.

Enyeama is still with LOSC Lille, with a contract till 2019.
Google it please.
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Digriz(m): 9:18am On Dec 01, 2017
The reason for his good performance is that he bring his players based on merit unlike our indigenous coaches that were influenced into quota system of selecting players.
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by mechanics(m): 9:31am On Dec 01, 2017
Nice one.
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by safarigirl(f): 9:41am On Dec 01, 2017
Excuzeme:

Yes, he does.
LOSC Lille.
Contract ends in 2019.

Use goggle, if in doubt
when last did Enyeama feature for his supposed club?

Last we heard, he was frozen out by the coach.... Do you have any clips of his recent games?
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by dabossman(m): 10:06am On Dec 01, 2017
TVTKOKO:
Is it like we don't have good home based goalkeepers in Nigeria
I really don't fancy all these imported player's filling the squad.

When we spend so much time playing monkey post, how will we develop good goalkeepers. grin

On a serious note though, while we have a lot of skillful and talented players locally, what they usually lack is technical skills. And it is largely a function of how we train our young talents. Okocha once said that what a 14yrold in an academy in the big leagues in Europe knows, is way more than what a 20yr old local player knows.

That is the advantage these "imported" Nigerians have over our homegrown talent.
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by robosky02(m): 11:01am On Dec 01, 2017
The idea is to keep every one on their toes and make them work hard so no one can claim I'm already a sure bet to russia

Cos for now only one person is quaranteed .. Mikel even if its just to be on the bench
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by junnyjake(m): 11:17am On Dec 01, 2017
Excuzeme:

Some of you guys just like to yarn nonsense when yo can actually verify information online, before posting anything.

Enyeama is still with LOSC Lille, with a contract till 2019.
Google it please.

Me yarning nonsense. That's an outrageous accusation man.

You didn't hear the news of the termination of his contract by the New coach, along with 12 others?

If he's still with the team, tell me the last time he made the matchday squad after returning from injury??
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by junnyjake(m): 11:21am On Dec 01, 2017
Lilpacshacor:
Player dat should be add 2 our u17 for 2019 are goalkeepers gavin bazunu(shamrock rover),daniel jinadu chelsea,ayman alchelabi man utd,noah atubolu freiburg..defenders central josh okocha west ham,michael elechi man utd,jordan aina chelsea,felix omoruyi irorere eintracht frankfurt.. Rb tega agberhiere waterford,jamin nwanze villa fc.. Lb niyi schlten ajax armsterdam,eken achunike bayer leverkusen,mazeed ogbungo arsenal.. Md noni mgdueke tottenham,sheriff ologundulu man utd,ashley akpan chelsea

Hehehe, it's a foreign affair!

They should be better than the homegrowns or else notice space for them, we shouldn't just favor them just because they grew outside Nigeria.
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by Tabbaz(m): 9:05pm On Dec 01, 2017
Mike880:
Nairalanders, please i really do need here, I can't stand the shame of using my real account to beg online.
Please someone should help me with 10thousand naira i promise to pay back in two weeks time. If this is not a serious problem i won't bring it online. I plead with you all

Will you keep kwayet? Thief. How many 10k do you need that you are spamming all the thread on front page

I guess scam business is not helping well again during to tabbaz scam list. Better go look for job grin
Re: 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles by prossity: 9:48am On Dec 04, 2017
you don't need ID card just login and follow the process
Mike880:

I don't have an ID card bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Between Messi And Ronaldo, Who Rocked This Pose Better? (picture) / Wesley Fofana Breaks His Fast During Match, Thanks EPL / World Cup Final: See Moment Fans Invaded The Pitch (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.