Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,899 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story (10302 Views)

Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* / Behind The Mask - A Short Story / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by fiyah(f): 7:15pm On Nov 30, 2017
'Come out, come out baby. Mummy's here!'

She cooed in the sweetest and gentlest voice known to man as she paraded the length of the room with her eyes darting and searching different parts of the room while her fingers rake and claw at her already rough hair. Her reverberating voice penetrated every wall in in the room like a classic soul music.

Her voice, even though comforting and enchanting, only made him push himself further into the ever resisting wall while wincing slightly and noiselessly.

He could see much of her from where he hid but he was certain she couldn't see him hiding behind the locked bathroom door, peering through the key hole with his sad, frightened eyes.

There was no way she could see him.

She had smashed her own glasses, the only thing that makes her see clearly on the wall during the chase, shattering it into tiny crystal pieces.

He was terrified.

Oh, scratch that!

He is only seven but he might as well be a few minutes away from having a mental breakdown
He is only seven but even he can understand when he should be scared. And he knows he ought to be really scared right now.

He has every right to be scared because standing on the other side of the door with disheveled hair, face splattered with blood, eyes roving and lips etched into an oddly comforting but spooky smile was the woman who was his Momma five minutes ago.

This lady with torn, blood stained pajamas all wreaking of her own handwork isn't his Momma.

No, his Momma wouldn't shout at him for offering her her evening pills because his Momma knows that is his job when his Dad is out.

His Momma is someone who takes her pills right before tucking his little sister and him into bed.

His Momma is definitely not that person who just used the kitchen knife on Jennie.

This monster in his Mommas skin, successively used the knife on his little sister, creating several stab wounds on the poor girl's little face.

He could still hear the little girls agonizing cry right before she stopped making any sound.

She was silent.

Probably dead

And it wasn't until then the Monster knew she had to stop.

He was there and he saw it all and she knew he did.
That must have explained why she went after him as he ran to his bedroom, holding gingerly the knife dripping of her daughter's blood.

Calling out to him sweetly each time she took a step.

Calling out to silence him like she just did to little Jennie.

He gripped the medicine bottle in his hands tighter with reinforced resolution.

If he could only read the small letterings on the body of the bottle.

If he only knew two pills from the bottle a few minutes earlier would have saved poor Jennie.

If he only knew the pills had been taming the monster in his Momma for a year now.

But, he knew none of that, so he knew not to blame himself for delaying his Mommas medication a few minutes later than normal.

'Come out Dan!!!' She called out, again. Only, she was yelling this time.

As tears of fear cascaded down his face, he mentally recited his survival anthem.

Daddy, where are?

He knew he can't leave his safe haven irrespective of how tempting the thought of opening and bolting out of the door, far away from the beast is.

He knew he had to hold on to and believe in the bathroom door to never give way even if the beast tries to bring it down.

All he needed was to hold on till Daddy comes.
To save him from the knife in his Mommas hand.

(That is if she never gets to use it on Daddy first)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by AryEmber(f): 8:07pm On Nov 30, 2017
Scary but nice, good job Fiyah

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by favch(f): 9:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
Following jejely

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by ROYH(m): 9:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
Good, when did you turn scary like this madam?

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by oscarnoble(m): 6:51am On Dec 05, 2017
Good morning all

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by skydancer: 7:21am On Dec 05, 2017
Nice skill you got up there.
Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by DecoLand(m): 7:28am On Dec 05, 2017
nice 1
Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by Tgold1(m): 7:39am On Dec 05, 2017
Fiyah baby, its been a while, but let the journey start already!

Mummy where are you?

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by Jesusgirl92(f): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2017
Fiyah... Beautiful piece as always... It's been a long while.

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 05, 2017
Following
Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by Amenya96(f): 8:27am On Dec 05, 2017
nice one fiyah!!!

I think this story borders on someone with bipolar disorder.....
But Pls go n complete three sides of a coin, plssssssssssssssssssss

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by greatface(m): 9:07am On Dec 05, 2017
Amenya96:
nice one fiyah!!!
I think this story borders on someone with bipolar disorder..... But Pls go n complete three sides of a coin, plssssssssssssssssssss
Seconded.
Good work Fiyah. always love your works.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by talk2saintify(m): 9:07am On Dec 05, 2017
cheesy cheesy
Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by TEYA: 9:46am On Dec 05, 2017
Wow
Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by itsandi(m): 9:48am On Dec 05, 2017
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by Ayomicome(m): 9:49am On Dec 05, 2017
Thank goodness am reading this in the morning......This good mum has turn bad.......reading through a pin hole

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by jbravado(m): 9:56am On Dec 05, 2017
Cute

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by Oluwakemi65(f): 9:57am On Dec 05, 2017
following but I'm a little scared. *munching popcorn like my life depends on it*

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by dupsai(f): 10:48am On Dec 05, 2017
Following.....,........

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by datjohn(m): 10:53am On Dec 05, 2017
Ah ah, another one don load come? U for finish d other one first na.

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by omeira: 8:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
This is cool
Thumbs up ma'am

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by myqel(m): 10:31pm On Dec 05, 2017
I'm in

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by olatex25(m): 5:22am On Dec 07, 2017
hmm.. u abandoned one to start another, its unfair ooo.. anyway, nice story u got up dere. oly if u won't abandon dis one again.... kipin tag on dis

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by fiyah(f): 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
olatex25:
hmm.. u abandoned one to start another, its unfair ooo.. anyway, nice story u got up dere. oly if u won't abandon dis one again.... kipin tag on dis

Thanks for reading olatex25. But I will like to tell you I didn't abandon one of my works for another. This short story is a story that started and ended with the first update. It is a short story and I am sorry if I whet anyone's appetite.

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by adebayo3449(m): 7:12am On Dec 11, 2017
nice 1
Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by olalekandwl(m): 7:15am On Dec 11, 2017
Someone should please summarize this whole epistle in not more than 50 words.

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 11, 2017
Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by mostHandsome01: 8:41am On Dec 11, 2017
hmm

1 Like

Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 11, 2017
fiyah:

Thanks for reading olatex25. But I will like to tell you I didn't abandon one of my works for another. This short story is a story that started and ended with the first update. It is a short story and I am sorry if I whet anyone's appetite.
you mean this story here has ended? shocked You did whet my appetite... cry
Re: Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story by Swaggzkid: 11:00am On Dec 11, 2017
I'm driving momma lemme drop her am coming to read it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Man Mopol By Awe Samuel Olutayo / I Need To Know / How To Sell A Book In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.