Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? (22744 Views)

Buhari Refers To Ibrahim Usman Jibrin As ‘Your Highness’ At FEC / PDP Refers Adams Oshiomhole As Factional APC Chairman At Jonathan's Book Launch / EFCC Refers To ICPC As "Introvert" When It Comes To Fighting Corruption - Reacti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 09, 2018
Stop disrespecting my Urhobo brothers, you have been warned.
sharpsecret:
urhobo na tribe?igbos dey talk urhobo man dey talk..comot 4 road make i see front
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Ikechuob: 1:45am On Jan 09, 2018
agadez007:
O.p is talking about Akoko Edo and Yoruba people but you still found a way to Rope Igbos to this thread
Are you guys cursed with Igbo?

I don't really blame Y'all,not your Faults at all,I blame IPOB,without them we won't have nonentity tribes trying to act like without them we are not gonna survive

That's tsdarkside.

A well know YORUBA on this forum desperate to be Urhobo. He's been beaten blue and black by his desperate attache by force including by the urhobo he constantly attache to. The dude is just EXTREMELY PATHETIC!!!! The only reason he tried to rope igbo into this is because the op called out his Afonja tribe and he wants to get the attention away from his tribe and start an igbo vs minorities argument. He always does that and it always fall flat in his dumbass face.

Never seen an animal as useless as that tsdarkside/verydark/ all the numerous id the goat has. He has ZERO SHAME!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by GuidoVanRossum: 6:50am On Jan 09, 2018
omololu2020:
GUS was held twice in Edo state, I'm sure you know that?

In your initial post, you said Akoko edo. Well, you are right that edo state hosted it twice. First one was in Benin(NIFOR) and the second one was in my village.
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Pchidexy(m): 8:14am On Jan 09, 2018
verydark:

you are east.how can you have 2 different types of names for the same direction.?which type nonesense is that.?

what is the meaning of south south.? who introduced that nonesense.?
I know you re Igbophobic. Minorities in the old eastern region boldly answer the tag South southerners. Kindly place a compass on the map of Nigeria. Then, tell me where the east is located on the compass.
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Pchidexy(m): 8:18am On Jan 09, 2018
cooljude:

Not forgetting Adamawa
Yes of course Adamawa is also located in the east. I was in Calabar one day and someone told me she was traveling down to the east(Onitsha, Anambra State in this case). I just laughed. The ignorance in Nigeria is as tall as the heavens.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by verydark: 8:29am On Jan 09, 2018
Ikechuob:

That's tsdarkside.

A well know YORUBA on this forum desperate to be Urhobo. He's been beaten blue and black by his desperate attache by force including by the urhobo he constantly attache to. The dude is just EXTREMELY PATHETIC!!!! The only reason he tried to rope igbo into this is because the op called out his Afonja tribe and he wants to get the attention away from his tribe and start an igbo vs minorities argument. He always does that and it always fall flat in his dumbass face.

Never seen an animal as useless as that tsdarkside/verydark/ all the numerous id the goat has. He has ZERO SHAME!!

your paranoia is something else.
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by verydark: 9:59am On Jan 09, 2018
Pchidexy:
I know you re Igbophobic. Minorities in the old eastern region boldly answer the tag South southerners. Kindly place a compass on the map of Nigeria. Then, tell me where the east is located on the compass.

dont tag me nothing.i didnt beg you to identifie me.

am urhobo.not South southerner.

and stick your old eastern region up your assss.!.
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by InfiniteLoopx: 10:08am On Jan 09, 2018
verydark:

What tha fuvk is wrong with you Why are you always taggin Igbos in what is not her busienss? Are you mad or something

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by cooljude(m): 1:29pm On Jan 09, 2018
Pchidexy:
Yes of course Adamawa is also located in the east. I was in Calabar one day and someone told me she was traveling down to the east(Onitsha, Anambra State in this case). I just laughed. The ignorance in Nigeria is as tall as the heavens.

We all know that 1+1 is not equal to 2 in Nigeria. Everything is politicised, Nigeria has an entity is a very dull one and would never grow.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Pchidexy(m): 3:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
verydark:

Suit your self bro! I don't have time for imbeciles.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Pchidexy(m): 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2018
cooljude:

We all know that 1+1 is not equal to 2 in Nigeria. Everything is politicised, Nigeria has an entity is a very dull one and would never grow.

This country tire person! The leaders and ordinary citizens are the same.
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Noccerino(m): 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
Pchidexy:
Suit your self bro! I don't have time for imbeciles.
I hope u know ur useless Urhobo was not part of eastern region... So what's ur obsession with igbos.
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Pchidexy(m): 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2018
Noccerino:

I hope u know ur useless Urhobo was not part of eastern region... So what's ur obsession with igbos.
You are talking to the wrong guy. Check my posts.
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by SicilianMafia: 11:59am On Jan 10, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:
It amazes me that almost everyone on here refers to my people as being Yorubas. Is it because of the name "Akoko?".
Please, note that the major languages in Akoko Edo are:
Okpameri
Uneme
Etuno
Ososo
And a very very tiny % of Yorubas.
Akoko-Edo isn't a Yoruba land. Yes, we have Yoruba influence and it shows in our names and all that. But we very different both culturally and in terms of language.

I therefore implore you all to stop calling my people Yorubas.

PS: This does not mean we hate the Yoruba people as they are our brothers in the same geographical contraption called Nigeria.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, please help us educate others.

Nice Work my brother!

Don't stop refuting thier falacy until your voice is heard loud and clear

And it shall be so!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by ANOWEDGREAT: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
verydark:

yorubas have the same issue too.blame igbos for putting everybody in a region in a category.

we never cared about this things till they started making noise upandan.afonja this,hausas fulanis that.

na them started this wahala online.

this people are sooo disrespectful.its very annoying.

na so dem dem added the ol delta to their biafra dreams without talking with people.

am urhobo.i dont remember going into a agreement with igbos.

Must u put all ur woes on the Igboman what has this topic got to do with the Igbos?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by verydark: 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2018
ANOWEDGREAT:

Must u put all ur woes on the Igboman what has this topic got to do with the Igbos?

you igbos make too much noise and confusion.since ipob only noise and confusion is coming from una.

i dont mean you in particular.but majority of your people.
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Ihatepork: 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
It's just few shameless Yorubas with inferiority complex that do that nonsense. Other than that, Yorubas in general do not give a rat's ass about Edo. You people are the ones copying our names and giving people the impression that you're yoruba. Maybe you should start giving yourselves names in your language instead of Yoruba names

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2018
It is their business if they want to make noise with ipob, it is none of our business.
Let us defend our interests and abide by "live and let live".

verydark:

you igbos make too much noise and confusion.since ipob only noise and confusion is coming from una.

i dont mean you in particular.but majority of your people.
Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
Why do you keep talking as if you were an insider. How can you, a non Edo claim that EDO are giving yoruba names to their children ?
Did Edo give yoruba names to the Bight of Benin ?
Did Edo give yoruba names to the Benin River ?
Did Edo give yoruba name to Omo n'Oba n'Edo ?
I am speaking as an Edo, where in hell are you yorubas getting all these stupid rumours which you keep throwing at our faces ?
If you want to learn about us then ask us questions ! must you guys be so dumb ?

Ihatepork:
It's just few shameless Yorubas with inferiority complex that do that nonsense. Other than that, Yorubas in general do not give a rat's ass about Edo. You people are the ones copying our names and giving people the impression that you're yoruba. Maybe you should start giving yourselves names in your language instead of Yoruba names

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Ihatepork: 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
historyworld031:
Why do you keep talking as if you were an insider. How can you, a non Edo claim that EDO are giving yoruba names to their children ?
Did Edo give yoruba names to the Bight of Benin ?
Did Edo give yoruba names to the Benin River ?
Did Edo give yoruba name to Omo n'Oba n'Edo ?
I am speaking as an Edo, where in hell are you yorubas getting all these stupid rumours which you keep throwing at our faces ?
If you want to learn about us then ask us questions ! must you guys be so dumb ?

In the past few months, I've seen Edos bearing names like Kayode and Folorunsho. A thread even made FP today and the Edo guy had a Yoruba name. If you want me to give you links, I can. I'm not claiming it, it's a FACT. Muhammad Yusuf that just got married to Maupe Ogun is from Edo state. His middle name is Bamidele

And me not being Edo doesn't stop me from stating facts so shut the fvvvk up.. All that bight of Benin and Omo Oba nonsense has nothing to do with my post. You're just drifting like a typical asshole. You haven't answered the question.

Lastly, I'm not interested in learning about your ethnic group and culture.. Wtf is there to learn? grin cheesy.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
so you claim to know an Edo who has a yoruba name and therefor all Edos must have yoruba names !? yoruba logics, please tell me what my imaginary yoruba name is ?
And if you don't want to learn about us Edos then perharps you should stop talking about us ! How can you say you know stuff about us while you never learnt nothing about us (because you are not interested), so get the fvck off our topics !

Ihatepork:

In the past few months, I've seen Edos bearing names like Kayode and Folorunsho. A thread even made FP today and the Edo guy had a Yoruba name. If you want me to give you links, I can. I'm not claiming it, it's a FACT. Muhammad Yusuf that just got married to Maupe Ogun is from Edo state. His middle name is Bamidele

And me not being Edo doesn't stop me from stating facts so shut the fvvvk up.. All that bight of Benin and Omo Oba nonsense has nothing to do with my post. You're just drifting like a typical asshole. You haven't answered the question.

Lastly, I'm not interested in learning about your ethnic group and culture.. Wtf is there to learn? grin cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Ihatepork: 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2018
historyworld031:
so you claim to know an Edo who has a yoruba name and therefor all Edos must have yoruba names !? yoruba logics, please tell me what my imaginary yoruba name is ?
And if you don't want to learn about us Edos then perharps you should stop talking about us ! How can you say you know stuff about us while you never learnt nothing about us (because you are not interested), so get the fvck off our topics !

You're really dull lol. I never mentioned anywhere that all Edos bear Yoruba names. Show me where I mentioned that. "Then stop talking about us" No, I never talked about you mosquito. I barely even hear about your ethnic group grin. You created a thread and I simply responded. Your post was directed at Yorubas. I should tell you to stop talking about us.

Just because I stated facts, you're already tearing your e-singlet. Lmao. Pipe the fvck down Ogbeni. grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
you have comprehension problems.
This thread was opened by an Edo who got fed up of his EDO people being called yoruba.
He is merely educating people about his origins and you have nothing to contribute here, off you go !
Ihatepork:

You're really dull lol. I never mentioned anywhere that all Edos bear Yoruba names. Show me where I mentioned that "Then stop talking about us" No, I never talked about you mosquito. I barely even hear about your ethnic group grin. You created a thread and I simply responded. Your post was directed at Yorubas. I should tell you to stop talking about us.

Just because I stated facts, you're already tearing your e-singlet. Lmao. Pipe the fvck down Ogbeni. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Ihatepork: 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2018
historyworld031:
This thread was opened by an Edo who got fed up of his EDO people being called yoruba.
He is merely educating people about his origins and you have nothing to contribute here, off you go !

Well. And I have told you why some people refer to your people as Yorubas. It won't stop anytime soon unfortunately. And I've told you what you need to do for that to stop. Pass my message to your traditional rulers back home grin cheesy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 10, 2018
kindly go and suck your mama's titis, I have no time for stupid juveniles
Ihatepork:

Well. And I have told you why some people refer to your people as Yorubas. It won't stop anytime soon unfortunately. And I've told you what you need to do for that to stop. Pass my message to your traditional rulers back home grin cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Ihatepork: 8:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
Lmaooo. This thing really pain this guy sha grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by honeychild(f): 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
historyworld031:

I think the point being made here is if you insist on answering Yoruba names, then if people mistake you for Yoruba they would be making an honest mistake. I have only met one akoko Edo lady in my life. She bears a Yoruba name, so do her children. And speaks flawless Yoruba. I always assumed she was Yoruba.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 11, 2018
It seems I need to repete once again: We Edo do not bear yoruba names.
There are yoruba who bear hausa names.
There are yoruba who bear igbo names.
There are yoruba who bear chinese names.
There are all sorts of people in this world who bear funny names.
It is not a policy of the Edo to bear yoruba names.
I know no Edo who bears yoruba names, eventhough I know some Edo who bear arab names.
The habbit of muslim Edos from Auchi is to bear islamic arabic names, the habbit of christian or non muslim Edo is to bear Edo names and an
Anglicized (often biblical) name.
It is kind of annoying that this single point can't get into you people's heads.
Akoko-Edo are Edo not yoruba, so stop making all your stories up !
I have said it before, instead of trying to tell us Edo what our culture is, ask us about it! for God's sake you can't possibly know us better than we know ourselves, stop thinking upside down !
An other thing which I find annoying with you guys is that any name which is shared by yoruba and Edo is assumed to belong to yoruba.
The word Oba belongs to Edo, it is the title of the Edo king. And that was copied by others (yoruba). The word Benin belongs to the Edo and that was copied by "Benin republic". Edo are not known for copying others, it is the other way around.
Even the bids which the yoruba chiefs are now wearing: that is also Edo culture. It is those same bids you see in every nigerian native marriage nowadays. Edos don't copy, we have a rich culture which others copy.

honeychild:

I think the point being made here is if you insist on answering Yoruba names, then if people mistake you for Yoruba they would be making an honest mistake. I have only met one akoko Edo lady in my life. She bears a Yoruba name, so do her children. And speaks flawless Yoruba. I always assumed she was Yoruba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by Ihatepork: 2:14am On Jan 11, 2018
This guy camps on this thread 24-7 replying every post lol. Which kain low life be this. Even the replies are hilarious. like his cookies were stolen lol grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? by MasterKim: 6:22am On Jan 11, 2018
What is edo?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ekiti PDP Aspirants Vandalize Secretariat, Reject Imposition By Fayose (pic) / President Buhari Presides Over Security Meeting / Imran Molaasan: Yoruba Muslims Will Suffocate If Nigeria Disintegrates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.