Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike (13172 Views)

SSANU And NASU Begin Strike Tomorrow, Unions Write Branches / NASU, SSANU To Embark On 3-Day Strike Over IPPIS, Others / NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by Ugotony93: 12:16am On Dec 01, 2017
The non-academic staff unions of Nigerian universities have resumed their suspended strike.

The unions, members of NAAT, NASU, and SSANU, announced the resumption of the strike in a joint statement on Thursday night.

They said the strike will resume on Monday, December 3.

The statement was signed by the national presidents of NAAT, Sani Sulaimon; NASU, Chris Ani; and SSANU, Samson Ugwoke.

They workers said they reject the mode of sharing the recent financial allocation to universities.
“We wrote a letter to the federal ministry of education to explain the criteria for the allocation and we gave them seven days notice to do the needful. But the date has elapsed without a response from the federal government,” they said.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the mode of sharing N23 billion sent to universities by the federal government had caused protests in many universities as the non-academic workers accuse their academic counterparts of unfair distribution formula.
The unions suspended their strike and asked their members to resume work on September 25 after signing a memorandum of understanding with the federal government.

They gave the federal government one month to start the implementation of the agreement; but said on Thursday that the government is yet to meet their demands after two months.

Source::: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/251134-just-nigerian-universities-set-fresh-crisis-naat-nasu-ssanu-commence-strike.html

Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by chicagoPD(m): 12:16am On Dec 01, 2017
Strike and Nija are like Psquare...they break and they come back again grin grin
Two FTC in a day...Baba God double glory this month l pray grin cool

12 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by Ugotony93: 12:18am On Dec 01, 2017
Pls mods,move this to front page...
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by Drnice: 12:22am On Dec 01, 2017
So after the strike, make we jump fence?
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by Buhari4Hunger: 12:27am On Dec 01, 2017
Let me comment before I read. Buhari the money you want to spend on that car is too much. People are dieing of hunger. Let me now go and read the post first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by Damoxy(m): 12:44am On Dec 01, 2017
Somethings are just inevitable in Nigeria
. Strike
. Useless Public Holidays
. Corrupted Leaders
. Lalasticlala pushing Snake stories to FP

2 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by iamleumas: 9:40am On Dec 01, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by josielewa(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2017
i hope naija strikers in 2018 world cup strike pass nasu ASUU ssanu etc.....airforce1 abeg i dey wait your album....efe don almost blow go.

2 Likes

Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by vchykp(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2017
Nigeria education section is in mess, and after all the delay, students will still graduate and work under one igbo big boy that stopped in pri 5.. our country sha..!
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by digoster(m): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Nice one
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by three: 10:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Sad,

HypAPCricy

1 Like

Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by bright007(f): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2017
OK
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by firstolalekan(m): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Good.

Since ASUU thinks they own everything.

They want to have 91% of the 23 billion.

This strike Na till next year o... Automatic leave.
Lol grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by DoubleObee(m): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Issokay.
Government of fifu and for the fifu and by the fifu.
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by princeade86(m): 10:31am On Dec 01, 2017
Jonathan described subsidy scam as ‘oily business’ – Saraki
The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, said former President Goodluck Jonathan was never desperate for power, but got there by providence.
He stated this on Thursday in Abuja at the unveiling of a book titled, “On a Platter of Gold: How Jonathan won and lost Nigeria,“ written by the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Mallam Bolaji Abudullahi.
Saraki, who was the chief host on the occasion, said “a country produces the kind of leadership it gets.’’
“I think it is us Nigerians, that produce the kind of leaders we get; no matter what you say about Jonathan, I don’t think he was someone who was desperate for power,“ he said.
He added that Jonathan was not someone that was prepared for leadership but became the President of the country either by “misfortune or fortune.“
Saraki added that it was unfortunate that Nigerians knew the right things to do, but would not do it but would keep playing the blame game.
Saraki, who expressed optimism that the book would be cherished by Nigerians going by its quality, used the occasion to share two experiences he had with Jonathan.
The Senate President said, “I like to share one or two things that will probably summarise the former President Jonathan. I remember when I was then a PDP senator and I came across this issue of fuel subsidy and the way the country was losing close to about N1.3tn.
“In the history of this country, I don’t think of any singular kind of level of corruption as huge as that. I had a motion already that I wanted to present on the floor of the Senate. But I felt as a member of the ruling party at that time, it was only proper I discussed it with the President (first) maybe some action can be taken so that I can step down the motion.
He added, “I booked an appointment to see Mr. President and I went with my paper.
“I started with the background of how people brought in petroleum products. I said Mr. President, in the past, people use to get award letters from the NNPC to bring in PMS, DPK, and make 10, 20 per cent profit. I said sir, they’ve taken it to another level, now, and they get an order to bring in products and they don’t want to make 10 or 20 per cent any more.
“They will get an offer to bring in a cargo of 20,000 litres they will bring in 5,000 litres but stamped it for 20,000 litres and instead of making 10 per cent; they make ten times the amount. I was telling the President thinking the President will get very agitated, but he only said, ‘Senator Saraki, you know this oil business is very oily.”’
The Senate President said he was stunned.
Saraki, however, conceded that that was the kind of person the then President was.
While recalling the second encounter, Saraki said, “The second encounter I will recollect was the day I decided I am going to contest to be President. I felt that I didn’t want Jonathan to hear it as news.
“I booked an appointment to see him. I went to the Villa and he said ‘come in, come in. how can I help you? I looked at the President of a third world country and said Mr. President I came to tell you that I am going to be contesting for your seat.
“Jonathan looked at me and said ‘oh, okay, good luck, good luck.’ If it were any other person may be I would not have left the Villa but that again sums up Goodluck Jonathan.”
The Governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima, who was the chairman on the occasion, said Jonathan squandered the unprecedented goodwill he enjoyed at the beginning of his Presidency to the calibre of persons he surrounded himself with as well as a series of terrible choices he made.
Abdullahi challenged those who had a different perspective to write their own accounts

1 Like

Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 01, 2017
Na wa..... abeg make dem allow pesin graduate na. 6yrs nor be beans o cry
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by Giddiebabalaw(m): 10:31am On Dec 01, 2017
Strike again?? But why?
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by chinawapz(m): 10:31am On Dec 01, 2017
Every sector is crippled in Nigeria
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by viki84(m): 10:32am On Dec 01, 2017
Please MOUAU Begs To Bring It On
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by ifypoly(m): 10:33am On Dec 01, 2017
LOLZ C COMPETITION OOH POLY JUS CALL OFF YESTERDAY UNA COME START UNA OWN TODAY CONGRATULATIONS
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:34am On Dec 01, 2017
No worries. Strike nowadays no dey pass 2 weeks

1 Like

Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by Blissbeatz(m): 10:35am On Dec 01, 2017
Na today.....
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by Quality20(m): 10:50am On Dec 01, 2017
But y are they always against ASUU na? Just d same way health workers gang up against doctors
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by BiadeFolar(m): 10:56am On Dec 01, 2017
Sadly not a strange nuz... Just the latest episode of the series
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by seunlayi(m): 11:00am On Dec 01, 2017
Another mess looming.

1 Like

Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 01, 2017
The strike that started 3 weeks ago nko?
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by joviegghead: 11:04am On Dec 01, 2017
Make ASUU sha no strike abeg
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by Favbolu(m): 11:14am On Dec 01, 2017
That is no school on Monday.
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by kingJoya(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2017
chai this people no serious o. i need grad o next year, so make them take them time wella
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by Donkalio: 11:45am On Dec 01, 2017
Y are they goin to strike, wen they are already on strke? seems they have forgoten, pls can somebody help and remind them.
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by DjAndroid: 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
Why won't they strike? When nothing works in this enclave.
Re: NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike by DONADAMS(m): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
na wa oh..these people no dey taya?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests / Ekiti State Scholarship For All Levels / Creepiest historical Photos you'll ever find on the internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.