Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? (10976 Views)

12 Years With HIV - Lady Marks World AIDS Day (Pictures) / World AIDS Day: African Countries With The Highest Number Of HIV/AIDS Patients / Things You Can Relate To If You've Gone For HIV Test Before. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Vyolet(f): 7:16am On Dec 01, 2017
Frenchfriez:

This ain't right. The fulcrum of HIV diagnosis is VOLUNTARY COUNSELLING AND TESTING with emphasis on voluntary.
No test or health procedure should be compulsory, even if its malaria test. The patient's consent should be sought and documented. Its just unfortunate that we find ourselves in a country with zero care for human lives.
It is not right,we all know that, infact I had a fight with one private hospital sometime ago where they carried out the rest without my consent, they ended up apologizing.

In the case of pregnant women,i don't think the compulsory part is that bad since it involves another life, the earlier the better for mother and child.
The slogan is voluntary counseling and testing but how many Nigerians go for tests voluntarily? Mention HIV test and everyone tries to dodge, me inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Tonytonex(m): 7:17am On Dec 01, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Sorry I meant new job after nysc. It was autocorrcet that's messing up
alright, das ok. thanks
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Funjosh(m): 7:20am On Dec 01, 2017
Did it thrice this year. cool
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 01, 2017
Samsimple:
designated on 1 December every year since 1988, is dedicated to raising awareness of the AIDS pandemic caused by the spread of HIV infection, and mourning those who have died of the disease. Government and health officials, non-governmental organizations and individuals around the world observe the day, often with education on AIDS prevention and control. When last did you go for hiv test?...

The possibility of an hiv free generation begin with you.

Cc. lalasticlala mynd44 fleewpeed
Where is Dr. Abalaka
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 01, 2017
GeorgeTheCoder:
There is one notorious thread in sexuality section, Seun should offer a free AIDS test to its active members.
Some of you will know the thread I am referring to, its Sodom and Gommorah out there.
Jokes aside.

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Trollita(m): 7:22am On Dec 01, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Yes I did HIV test yesterday, I came out negative cheesy

Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by GOFRONT(m): 7:32am On Dec 01, 2017
Abeg na where them the sell Anti rectroviral drugs??

I need two packet
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Oliveronline: 7:33am On Dec 01, 2017
did it last month. my second time of doing it. it's good to know one's status.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by MVLOX(m): 7:35am On Dec 01, 2017
Mehn I love dis worlds HIV days cha.... It gives me d opportunity to affirm my HIV status for free and yes my no sex until marriage status.... Dats if u understand cha
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by malware: 7:37am On Dec 01, 2017
nonizy:
My blood is purified with jesus blood. Tested am free, oluwa gat my back!

Take note

Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Austin234(m): 7:43am On Dec 01, 2017
Check back again
Hayah:
Yes

Negative
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Larryslim(m): 7:44am On Dec 01, 2017
2shure:
last time i feel ill e don tay.
na early this year
i no dey fuk fuk
its either i self-service
fuc 2 of my biches wit big ass
but with condom
fuc skin dive shiiit
though h.i.v go soon end

wen last i fuc okpo
na way back 2014
for akpapava
Shey na wetin dem dey talk be this??

Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by mistayeancah(m): 7:46am On Dec 01, 2017
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Hayah: 7:47am On Dec 01, 2017
Austin234:
Check back again

Why?
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 01, 2017
Tonytonex:
hmm! na wao, so you used it 2geda with him
no, it's still in my bag sef,i said neighbour, or you think everyone is like you that hovers around that your neighbor's daughter like a fly that has seen sh1t? Loose humans who think everyone is as morally bankrupt as they are undecided
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 01, 2017
Thanks dear, I have been around o, you didn't bother to check on me na
hAlexandro:
lol don't worry my state governor made provisions already just give me your shoe size and body size Amma get your shipped to your door step Same here how have you been?
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by hAlexandro(m): 7:53am On Dec 01, 2017
frenzyduchess:
Thanks dear, I have been around o, you didn't bother to check on me na
lol no vex ma Na hustling things oooo been Pretty busy How's work?
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 01, 2017
hAlexandro:
lol no vex ma Na hustling things oooo been Pretty busy How's work?
work is fyn o
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Austin234(m): 7:54am On Dec 01, 2017
How true is this: HIV can be invoked into body of an innocent person? Matured comments pls

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by hAlexandro(m): 7:56am On Dec 01, 2017
frenzyduchess:
work is fyn o
and welcome to the festive month that precedes new year
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Austin234(m): 7:56am On Dec 01, 2017
To be double sure
Hayah:

Why?
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Alexgeneration(m): 7:58am On Dec 01, 2017
frenzyduchess:
Yes, went in October ,I don't know why people are scared to do HIV test,the earlier you know your status the better for you , I once did it to get free condoms for a neighbor, he said he liked the type that society for family health gives out, and they have recognized his face ,so he asked me to do it so we will share the condom grin
Are you sure the condoms are for your "neighbour" and both of you can still use it "together" ? Just asking though
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 01, 2017
Yes, went this August and it was negative
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by dokiOloye(m): 8:08am On Dec 01, 2017
frenzyduchess:
Yes, went in October ,I don't know why people are scared to do HIV test,the earlier you know your status the better for you , I once did it to get free condoms for a neighbor, he said he liked the type that society for family health gives out, and they have recognized his face ,so he asked me to do it so we will share the condom grin
young lady,what did u do wt your own share of d condom
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 01, 2017
Vyolet:

It is not right,we all know that, infact I had a fight with one private hospital sometime ago where they carried out the rest without my consent, they ended up apologizing.

In the case of pregnant women,i don't think the compulsory part is that bad since it involves another life, the earlier the better for mother and child.
The slogan is voluntary counseling and testing but how many Nigerians go for tests voluntarily? Mention HIV test and everyone tries to dodge, me inclusive.
I get your drift, but even for pregnant women, its still voluntary. She (not even her husband) has to be talked to and permission obtained. That's one area we're severely lacking in health delivery - communication.
Whatever is done to the patient has to be explained, patients have a right to know but they're ignorant of that.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 01, 2017
Austin234:
How true is this: HIV can be invoked into body of an innocent person? Matured comments pls

HIV can only be spread by exchanging bodily fluids with a HIV positive person via coitus mostly. Or via sharing needles with an infected person.

Invoking? No.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 01, 2017
imhotep:

Where is Dr. Abalaka

Around. No one sees him for treatment again, now that HIV drugs are free of charge.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2017
9jakohai:

Around. No one sees him for treatment again, now that HIV drugs are free of charge.
with horrible side effects
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2017
Alexgeneration:
Are you sure the condoms are for your "neighbour" and both of you can still use it "together" ? Just asking though
i know alot of you are loose and like he goats so you think everyone is just the same as you, so I am not surprised
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2017
It's still in my bag
dokiOloye:
young lady,what did u do wt your own share of d condom
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 01, 2017
Austin234:
9jakohai has explained the scientific angle buh I should add that you're as good as your beliefs. If you believe in 'higher' powers , if you believe those who said their HIV was cured through prayers from their pastors and all that, then your answer is "Yes"
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 01, 2017
hAlexandro:
and welcome to the festive month that precedes new year
thanks dear, enjoy the rest of your day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Minister Commissions Digital Cervical Cancer Screening Centre Donated By OCI Fou / Stress Kills – See 5 Simple Ways To Reduce Work Related Stress - Topwritersden / What Could Be The Cause Of My Erectile Dysfunction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.