Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:00 PM

In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? (4088 Views)

Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. / Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness / The Pursuit Of Happiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by na2day2(m): 3:29am On Mar 28, 2010
I just finished watching the movie "in pursuit of happiness" by Will Smith for the up-tenth time and i just wondered, guys if it was u that ur wife walks out on u bcuz things became hard financially and she could not just believe in u or ur dream anymore and she left. u suddenly find urself alone taking care of ur kid(s) but u never gave up and things turned around in the future; if she comes back will u take her back again say after some months or years, will take her back bcuz of the kid(s)? like to know urs thots on this one guys smiley smiley smiley and for the ladies will u advice ur brother to take her back? ur thots too are welcomed wink wink wink
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by joepayne(m): 3:39am On Mar 28, 2010
nope!
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by na2day2(m): 3:40am On Mar 28, 2010
joepayne:

nope!

what's ur reason for saying no? smiley smiley
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by Abekeade08(f): 3:40am On Mar 28, 2010
hmm I watched that movie too.

Well your question is tough cos some men are just dreamers and have no plans of realizing their dreams and love can't feed anyone. As long as a man has big ambitions and a plan to follow through with it, then I will stand by him, but a "joseph the dreamer" type can stay far away.

If I were the guy in pursuit of happiness, no i will not take her back since she did not believe in my dreams.
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by southern1(f): 3:41am On Mar 28, 2010
I would stick with him, although I will have a reasonable time limit for him to make this dream become a reality/come to fruition.  I'm not a dream killer.  If a brotha is seriously trying, I'd work with him.  If we're in a relationship we're in it together and I expect him to support my dreams and vice versa.  As for taking him/her back after 'making it', I don't think I would because he/she should have been there when the going was tough, not wait until the going is good and now want to share in the rewards.  Because what happens when all of a sudden the riches disappear again, they'll hit the road again and traumatize the child once again.  That's what's wrong with a lot of society today, instant gratification.  Everyone wants everything fast and easy and don't want to work for things. smiley  The want the guy or girl who already drives the mercedes not the ones who are taking the bus or driving a hoopty who will someday drive the mercedes. smiley
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by harakiri(m): 3:42am On Mar 28, 2010
I'd rather drink cyanide and die! ! !

Before a woman leaves you physically, she has already left you emotionally.Her coming back coz "things have improved" is due to the "greener pasture" syndrome in ALL WOMEN.If thing's get rough again or she meets a "bigger fish", she will repeat the same crap.If she does it once, she will do it twice and thrice and a zillion times over.

Women angry
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by Abekeade08(f): 3:43am On Mar 28, 2010
I would stick with him, although I will have a reasonable time limit. I'm not a dream killer. If a brotha is seriously trying, I'd work with him. If we're in a relationship we're in it together and I expect him to support my dreams and vice versa. As for taking him/her back after 'making it', I don't think I would because he/she should have been there when the going was tough, not wait until the going is good and now want to share in the rewards. Because what happens when all of a sudden the riches disappear again, they'll hit the road again and traumatize the child once again. That's what's wrong with a lot of society today, instant gratification. Everyone wants everything fast and easy and don't want to work for things. Smiley The want the guy or girl who already drives the mercedes not the ones who are taking the bus or driving a hoopty who will someday drive the mercedes.
on point- thanks for your contribution grin
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by Abekeade08(f): 3:48am On Mar 28, 2010
I'd rather drink cyanide and die! ! !

Before a woman leaves you physically, she has already left you emotionally.Her coming back coz "things have improved" is due to the "greener pasture" syndrome in ALL WOMEN.If thing's get rough again or she meets a "bigger fish", she will repeat the same crap.If she does it once, she will do it twice and thrice and a zillion times over.

Women Angry

Harikiri- Why am i not surprised at your generalization. Since you hate women so much, go marry a man nao. Not all women are have "greener pastures syndrome", your post has just seriously upset me. Why must you NL men think so poorly of women??
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by Nobody: 3:50am On Mar 28, 2010
I really dont know undecided It all depends on the circumstance
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by na2day2(m): 3:59am On Mar 28, 2010
Abekeade08:

hmm I watched that movie too.

Well your question is tough cos some men are just dreamers and have no plans of realizing their dreams and love can't feed anyone. As long as a man has big ambitions and a plan to follow through with it, then I will stand by him, but a "joseph the dreamer" type can stay far away.

If I were the guy in pursuit of happiness, no i will not take her back since she did not believe in my dreams.

yea, if the guy gives a clear plan, i think it is worth fighting for. but why will a woman leave her child and just disappear? women are more emotionally attached to their love ones, right?

southern1:

I would stick with him, although I will have a reasonable time limit for him to make this dream become a reality/come to fruition.  I'm not a dream killer.  If a brotha is seriously trying, I'd work with him.  If we're in a relationship we're in it together and I expect him to support my dreams and vice versa.  As for taking him/her back after 'making it', I don't think I would because he/she should have been there when the going was tough, not wait until the going is good and now want to share in the rewards.  Because what happens when all of a sudden the riches disappear again, they'll hit the road again and traumatize the child once again.  That's what's wrong with a lot of society today, instant gratification.  Everyone wants everything fast and easy and don't want to work for things. smiley  The want the guy or girl who already drives the mercedes not the ones who are taking the bus or driving a hoopty who will someday drive the mercedes. smiley

great contribution wink wink
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by Pweety4me(f): 3:59am On Mar 28, 2010
@Na2day would u?plse no long story. . .tongue
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by harakiri(m): 4:00am On Mar 28, 2010
Abekeade08:

Harikiri- Why am i not surprised at your generalization. Since you hate women so much, go marry a man nao. Not all women are have "greener pastures syndrome", your post has just seriously upset me. Why must you NL men think so poorly of women??

Why do women ALWAYS defend themselves by the usual "Not all women are like that. . ." phrase?

NL men (and men all over the world) judge women based on both their experiences and that of others and after more than a few examples, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GENERALIZE!
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by PyRo1: 4:04am On Mar 28, 2010
No way in dante's hell would i happily welcome back a woman who leaves me out to dry.
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by waleski(m): 4:07am On Mar 28, 2010
harakiri:

Why do women ALWAYS defend themselves by the usual "Not all women are like that. . ." phrase?

NL men (and men all over the world) judge women based on both their experiences and that of others and after more than a few examples, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GENERALIZE!

UNLESS U ARE PROVEN WRONG nd in dis case generalisation doesnt make sense nt al women are d blood sucking type dat wait til u are on bar nd nt al nl men generalise write carefully
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by na2day2(m): 4:13am On Mar 28, 2010
luizworld:

I really dont know undecided It all depends on the circumstance

its gonna be hard bro, no matter the circumstance, Jesus will really have to come live in my house, no joke lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Pweety4me:

@Na2day would u?plse no long story. . .tongue

why are u gonna put a brother on the spot like that? angry angry tongue tongue

[PyRo]:

No way in dante's hell would i happily welcome back a woman who leaves me out to dry.

i hear u
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:14am On Mar 28, 2010
@ poster

Helll no
angry angry angry
she made vows on her wedding day to stick by her man regardless ,.its bad enof dat she left d kids that shows signs of her bin irresponsible AS A MOTHER, also i tot love shud ave bin her motivating factor to stay and encourage d sayin from rags to riches, obviously not she just wanted a rock on finger . Love my brudas to bits so i wud defintely not create anoda room for error .my fellow brudas dont be blind if she is  not dere tru thick and thin den d kokolet doesnt deserve anoda chance .
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by harakiri(m): 4:19am On Mar 28, 2010
waleski:

UNLESS U ARE PROVEN WRONG nd in dis case generalisation doesnt make sense nt al women are d blood sucking type dat wait til u are on bar nd nt al nl men generalise write carefully

Dude, get real! Everybody "generalizes" based on perception and experience e.g

(1)Nigerians are more suspect than other nationalities when it comes to fraud/drug smuggling?TRUE OR FALSE?
(2)Arabs (and moslems in general) are more suspect than other religious sects due to their extremism?TRUE OR FALSE?
(3)People assess permanently in the first 2 seconds they lay their eyes on you.TRUE OR FALSE?
(4)Even the bible generalizes. . .you have the jews and the "gentiles".Who were more barbaric?The Gentiles who worshipped the dieties they know and mind their own business or the Jews who slaughtered entire cities like goats because they wanted more land?Are we trying to say there were no good people among the gentiles?Isn't that "generalization"?

The way people use this "generalization" word and phrases like "Do not judge". . .sickens me angry
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by Abekeade08(f): 4:20am On Mar 28, 2010

So, are you saying your mom and sisters and female family members are like this? After a few examples you have the right to generalize?? very funny. My friend, you have no right to generalize. No two women were raised alike, we all have our different upbringing which usually shape how we behave later in life.

Waleski, thanks for your very rational answer. How can someone say that all women are alike?? makes no damn sense.
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by na2day2(m): 4:21am On Mar 28, 2010
Idowuogbo:

@ poster

Helll no
angry angry angry
she made vows on her wedding day to stick by her man regardless ,.its bad enof dat she left d kids that shows signs of her bin irresponsible AS A MOTHER, also i tot love shud ave bin her motivating factor to stay and encourage d sayin from rags to riches, obviously not she just wanted a rock on finger . Love my brudas to bits so i wud defintely not create anoda room for error .my fellow brudas dont be blind if she is  not dere tru thick and thin den d kokolet doesnt deserve anoda chance .

i dont know if ppl actually believe in their marriage vows again even right there at the alter  sad sad
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by harakiri(m): 4:24am On Mar 28, 2010
Abekeade08:

So, are you saying your mom and sisters and female family members are like this? After a few examples you have the right to generalize?? very funny. My friend, you have no right to generalize. No two women were raised alike, we all have our different upbringing which usually shape how we behave later in life.
Waleski, thanks for your very rational answer. How can someone say that all women are alike?? makes no damn sense.

My previous post before this answers all "generalizations" grin

In between, you aren't a bad looking girl yourself.Are you taken?
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by Abekeade08(f): 4:28am On Mar 28, 2010

(1)Nigerians are more suspect than other nationalities when it comes to fraud/drug smuggling?TRUE OR FALSE?
True- does not mean ALL naijas are fraudsters

(2)Arabs (and moslems in general) are more suspect than other religious sects due to their extremism?TRUE OR FALSE?
True- does not mean all [/b]moslems are terrorists
(3)People assess permanently in the first 2 seconds they lay their eyes on you.TRUE OR FALSE?
Sometimes, but thier perception of you might chane after 2 minutes of getting to know someboy

(4)Even the bible generalizes. . .you have the jews and the "gentiles".Who were more barbaric?The Gentiles who worshipped the dieties they know and mind their own business or the Jews who slaughtered entire cities like goats because they wanted more land?Are we trying to say there were no good people among the gentiles?Isn't that "generalization"?

Generalization leads to wrongly  sterotyping a whole race/gender etc and it is [b]WRONG

Whites believed that black people as a whole were animals with no feelings that's why whole lot of our forefathers were shipped all over the world like so much cattle and forced to work on plantations from dawn till dusk. Generalization is dangerous and wrong.
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by Abekeade08(f): 4:30am On Mar 28, 2010

No and I am not looking---and besides you scare me.
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by harakiri(m): 4:31am On Mar 28, 2010
Abekeade08:

True- does not mean ALL naijas are fraudsters

True- does not mean all [/b]moslems are terrorists
Sometimes, but thier perception of you might chane after 2 minutes of getting to know someboy

Generalization leads to wrongly  sterotyping a whole race/gender etc and it is [b]WRONG

Whites believed that black people as a whole were animals with no feelings that's why whole lot of our forefathers were shipped all over the world like so much cattle and forced to work on plantations from dawn till dusk. Generalization is dangerous and wrong.

Says who?

Do you work out?
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by harakiri(m): 4:31am On Mar 28, 2010
Abekeade08:

How?I'm as harmless as they cum. . .i mean come.
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by na2day2(m): 4:35am On Mar 28, 2010
harakiri:

Abekeade08:

she is taken, she doesnt know it yet! wink wink lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by Abekeade08(f): 4:35am On Mar 28, 2010
Says who?

Do you work out?
yeah- 6 days a week.

How?I'm as harmless as they come. . .i mean come.
Generalization is not harmless to me.
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by Abekeade08(f): 4:37am On Mar 28, 2010
she is taken, she doesnt know it yet!
na2day doesn't scare me though wink wink grin grin
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by harakiri(m): 4:39am On Mar 28, 2010
Abekeade08:

yeah- 6 days a week.
Generalization is not harmless to me.

6 days a week?That's pretty intensive. . .you wouldn't be a dancer now would you?
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by Abekeade08(f): 4:40am On Mar 28, 2010
Well i am an intense woman, i have way too much energy for my own good. I love dancing, but i am not a dancer. I have a professional desk job.
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by harakiri(m): 4:42am On Mar 28, 2010
Abekeade08:

Well i am an intense woman, i have way too much energy for my own good. I love dancing, but i am not a dancer. I have a professional desk job.

What do you mean "intense"?How "intense" are you?Where do your "intensified" interests border on?
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by Abekeade08(f): 4:44am On Mar 28, 2010
What do you mean "intense"?How "intense" are you?Where do your "intensified" interests border on?
Harakiri your mind is in the gutter, am not telling you anything else before you make generalizations about moi grin
Re: In Pursuit Of Happiness--will You Take Her Back? by na2day2(m): 4:44am On Mar 28, 2010
Abekeade08:

na2day doesn't scare me though wink wink grin grin

really? i am losing my super powers!  angry angry angry angry cry cry cry

harakiri:

6 days a week?That's pretty intensive. . .you wouldn't be a dancer now would you?

my assassins are at ur door step  angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

:'( Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( / Men, Can You prostrate or kneel Before Your Woman To Apologise? / If She Is Your Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.