Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty (21985 Views)

UNN Best Graduating Students To Share N1.5k, N1k Cash Prizes - Pictures / Creative Costumes As UNN Architecture Students Slay In Cultural Day / Professor Okechukwu Ezeugwu Emerges As UNN New VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by dacanv(m): 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2017
Wow!a whole 26k? They should remove more zeroes na..
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by charlsecy(m): 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
sauceEEP:
Am very sure that the 26k is not available, she'll be told to come back in a month or two to receive the cash....
Yes. Most likely, she would get nothing. I was the best student in 200 level in my Department. I was entitled to a cash prize, which I never got.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by saraki2019(m): 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
The girl no get shame. Her mates are there earning thousands and millions doing ashawo work she's here happy collecting 26k for stressing her poor innocent brain for 5 yrs.
LALATICLALA, seun we really need a dislike button on nairaland
we really need tell some skull that they wrong

1 Like

Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by DaHrNn(m): 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
Imagine my ALMA MATA.... A school where you start attending night class from the first day of resumption of session cus you already have an outline given the previous semester. A school where partying is not tolerated & some lecturers owe their A's to God & no student. What a disaster in the education system in Nigeria... Immortality is paid heavily while hardwork gets stipend...

2 Likes

Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by Divine67: 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2017
I believed 26k wasn't the reason why she studied hard, but for a better future. To God be the glory.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by ebonflexy(m): 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
26k?
That's not even enough to visit gynacologist.
No wonder a lot of naija females have stank pucci sad
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by airminem(f): 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
26,000naira=85dollar(official),71dollar(black/parallel Market.) Looking At Nigeria.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by Richiez(m): 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
Congrats to her grin cool
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by YaxxVille(m): 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
u de vex
NwaChibuzor13:
The girl no get shame. Her mates are there earning thousands and millions doing ashawo work she's here happy collecting 26k for stressing her poor innocent brain for 5 yrs.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by MizMyColi(f): 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin
LoJ:
I don't understand africans.

We have millions of degree holders, yet even toothpick is imported. When will people realize that in this new world certificates are as useful as toilet paper?

Here where I live, most young people create their own business by 18. I was always the best student in my university, so I thought I must be more intelligent that all the white people here. Only to realize one fateful day that other students were all busy innovating, and creating their own firms and gave little or no time to studies.

It was the greatest day of my life.

That meme
Oh Lawd cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by mechanics(m): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
biacan:
And big brother naija contestants are getting 45m for doing nothing smh
lol, but BBN is sponsored by a private entity.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by fortunechy(m): 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2017
useless country..... they ain't encouraging Education in this country. what nonsense
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by God2man(m): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2017
I doubt this #26000
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by iriskiki(f): 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2017
Wait they couldn't even be bothered to print something worthy of a honorable certificate? Some a.s had to write with marker on a cardboard?!?! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by femi4: 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2017
olihilistic:

In Nigeria we celebrate insanity over sanity..
What is 26k to offer a best graduating student?? I just weak for Naija I swear..
To buy PhD form grin
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
femi4:
To buy PhD form grin
grin
Mumu boy..
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by Angrymode: 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
Are those awards really on cardboards? Shai!!!! A whole UNN sha embarassed
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by cstr1000: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2017
iriskiki:
Wait they couldn't even be bothered to print something worthy of a honorable certificate? Some a.s had to write with marker on a cardboard?!?! undecided undecided undecided
It is an envelope. A white envelope that contains the certificate inside.

Open your eyes.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by crackhouse(m): 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
Bankyb10:
Which one is now better, no go school go BBN and Win 45m or go sch for 4years read like person weh wan die cum collect 26k
do u know how much BBN generated? And how much did she generate? So they gave her 26k for generating 0 kobo while efe was given 25m and car for generating millions for the organizers.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by ibnchokomah(m): 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
How is it her fault bikonu? So what should she have done? Not study? Come out with a poor grade? The major thing is that she was the best graduating student. The awards and accolades although miserly, are nothing compared to the sense of accomplishment she has right now
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by wizod(m): 9:14pm On Dec 01, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
u think exactly like ur mother, no wonder they say 'dat a snake will begat something long'.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
sauceEEP:
Am very sure that the 26k is not available, she'll be told to come back in a month or two to receive the cash....
wat a society....it shows d premium we give to education in this part of the world wer corporate bodies can't award deserving students...it makes education uninteresting and a waste of time...tomoro we want to be like west and other emerging countries....nawa mtcheeew
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by Gerrard59(m): 12:05am On Dec 02, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
Just 26k? And u expect pupils and students nowadays to take education serious?

You don't perform excellently in school because you'll be given money, rather you do so because you desire the prize. My sister finished as the best in her secondary school not because she desired to be financially rewarded, but because she desired the prize.

Additionally, private firms sponsor the likes of BBN, BBA, EPL and MBGN, and as such they reserve the prerogative to award any amount of money to winners of their contest. Why so? They benefit from them through adverts. A private business's aim is to make profits and if sponsoring BBN will enable her achieve it, so be it! Awarding the best graduating student is simply out of one's discretion and not a law.

Kim K earns and gets rewarded more than most Nobel Prize winners, does it mean the world doesn't appreciate their achievements and discoveries? Should they stop researching because Kim K earns more than them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by lilien001(f): 12:07am On Dec 02, 2017
Please it's worthy to note that she was the best in her faculty, not in the whole UNN. The overall best received way more than that
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by Jackossky(m): 12:08am On Dec 02, 2017
Anyway, the tall girl that took picture with her, i like her. She is the person I am seeing. I am not even seeing the award or the person that is being awarded but her tall friend 'maketh' sense in a beautiful way. *licks lip*
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by seniorboy1(m): 12:29am On Dec 02, 2017
Now I can assume the situation is the same in most federal universities. I can relate to it.
The awards are important as a reward and also recognition, we all have to prove the certificate, it wouldn't be a problem, the Lord will open doors.
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by webizone(m): 1:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
Bankyb10:
Which one is now better, no go school go BBN and Win 45m or go sch for 4years read like person weh wan die cum collect 26k
You guys talk like this because you are empty. Don't you have the fear of getting to a place and not knowing what to do there? What stops you from getting the 26k after you grad and then go to BBN, win the 45m, come back, leverage your smarts and the popularity to create a billion dollar company, then just blow the 45m+26k on anything you like?
Re: Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty by iriskiki(f): 5:02pm On Dec 02, 2017
cstr1000:

It is an envelope. A white envelope that contains the certificate inside.

Open your eyes.

And you had to be rude because...?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Comprehensive School Students Receive E-learning Tablets / Top 10 Universities To STUDY Computer Science/engineering In Nigeria / UTME: JAMB Scraps Awaiting Results Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.