Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,012 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion (17637 Views)

Sacked Pregnant Access Bank Cashier Collapses In Lagos After Receiving Letter / Man Dies In Enugu As Foundation At A Construction Site Collapses On Him (Graphic / Unrest In Nigeria Immigration Service Over Promotion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by Islie: 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
A mild drama played out last week as a female Acting Director (name withheld) in the Public Affairs Department of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA), collapsed and fainted over her failure to scale through a screening for promotion of Acting Directors to substantive Directors.

The promotion screening held in various Secretariats, Departments and Agencies (SDAs) of the FCTA.

Our source inside the FCTA informed that the embattled Acting Director (now stepped down to Deputy Director) was said to have gathered friends, relations and well-wishers ahead of time in readiness for celebration of her expected elevation prior to the arrival of the promotion letter.

But in an uncanny somersault, as most of her peers got their letters, she didnt.

She however decided not to prolong the suspense of waiting and approach the Director of Human Resources to sort things out and pick up her letter in case the dispatch man made a mistake in delivery.

It was however, at that point that pandemonium struck as she was told there was no such letter for her which meant she wss not considered fit for promotion
The Ag. Director said to have reputation in antagonism and picking bones with subordinates could not believe her ears.

Suspecting a subtle intrigue by the Director, Human Resource to hoodwink her, she insisted on her promotion letter.

Suddenly, all went blank and quiet in her as stampede ensued when workers in the office saw her buckle and sprawl on the floor.

She instantly collapsed and fainted when the reality of the situation dawned on her.

This sparked panic and confusion as every staff commenced emergency intervention in the bid to revive her.

They could also not call in an ambulance to evacuate her to the staff clinic or a nearby hospital in fear that that will trigger the curiosity of the public and make it a media issue.

Their intervention however paid as the lady director later came to after about 30 minutes of faint feat during which the emergency workers had put in their improvised emergency tools to bring her back to life.

Further checks by our correspondent reveal that the obvious failure of the embattled Deputy Director to scale through the upgrade exercise to the post of substantive Director was not unconnected to what FCT authorities describe as inadequate working relationship between her and subordinates.

Since sources affirmed that the process of promotion was tidy and open, the belief is that the botched promotion of this embattled director was not in bad faith.

http://sunnewsonline.com/drama-in-fcta-as-director-collapses-over-promotion/

1 Like

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by olatade(m): 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
fainting for not passing a promotional exam
Then what will people who don't even have a job do

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by BruncleZuma: 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin

This post is not up to date.

5 Likes

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by hobermener: 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2017
G

1 Like

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2017
What is her name?
I doubt she is Mohammed something
Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by akins177(m): 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2017
olatade:

. no mind ham, na die e for kuku die

2 Likes

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by FODA(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
Get well soon

1 Like

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by birdsview(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
olatade:

bro I tire na..we for done die finish na.mteeww

4 Likes

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by miqos03: 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
God save us
Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by victorazyvictor(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
Gather friends for celebration grin

Failure always the gateman on the gate waiting for pride.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by Dutchey(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
hahaha, real drama...lesson learnt #don't_count_ur_chickens_before_they_are_hatched... just get well soon

1 Like

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by datola: 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
Further checks by our correspondent reveal that the obvious failure of the embattled Deputy Director to scale through the upgrade exercise to the post of substantive Director was not unconnected to what FCT authorities describe as inadequate working relationship between her and subordinates

Treat people below you well as they might be the ladder for you to climb up or down.

2 Likes

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
hobermener:
G

Yaba-Left V.I.P candidate
Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by Milly02(m): 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
orishirishi
Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
KentoMarine:
Greetings everyone, am a boy of 24 years, pls i need your help, to be sincere with you guys, i hardly eat nowadays, i don't know how to explain this to your understanding, but pls help me and save a soul, any amount wud be highly appreciated. I know we don't know ourselves, just like the wicked go unpunished so shall the good doers go unrewarded. Pls here are my details UBA 2092785247. My number 08089577486 God bless you all, and if by any way am lying to you guys, may God punish me and my next generations.

stuffs becoming unbecoming, mods should do something about asap

3 Likes

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by Reyus: 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
Wayo woman.
She acted the fainting so that promotion letter will be given on compassionate grounds.
Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by bekongtony(m): 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
That's the price of not being close to your subjects
Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by KentoMarine(m): 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
elChapo1:

stuffs becoming unbecoming, mods should do something about asap
not joking bro
Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by Okoyeeboz: 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
She should be sent on medical leave without pay and then let her resume with her subordinates.
Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by sirusX(m): 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
Issa heart attack things

What will her friends say after all the invite, party preparations and all

Jollof cannor waste
Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by NigerDeltan(m): 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
GOD PLEASE HELP THY PEOPLE.
Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by Blackops(m): 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
this is what I call counting your chickens before they are hatched.

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by sekundosekundo: 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2017
KentoMarine:
Greetings everyone, am a boy of 24 years, pls i need your help, to be sincere with you guys, i hardly eat nowadays, i don't know how to explain this to your understanding, but pls help me and save a soul, any amount wud be highly appreciated. I know we don't know ourselves, just like the wicked go unpunished so shall the good doers go unrewarded. Pls here are my details UBA 2092785247. My number 08089577486 God bless you all, and if by any way am lying to you guys, may God punish me and my next generations.

Is that your girlfriend?
Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by Smartademu(m): 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
Poor relationship is not an important criteria for denying someone promotion at that level. She must be a Christian and probably from the south or middle belt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2017
Counting her chicks before the egg hatched . . . .What a funny character
Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by tochyano2: 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2017
KentoMarine:
JOSIAH KENNETH ISEOKIENMA I will report u to your parents if u beg online again. By the way which money u use subscribe sef

1 Like

Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by Cloudrise: 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
tochyano2:

JOSIAH KENNETH ISEOKIENMA I will report u to your parents if u beg online again. By the way which money u use subscribe sef
Caught in the act. Kenneth be warned
Re: FCTA Director Collapses Over Promotion by Scopeman1: 3:48pm On Dec 01, 2017
she go carry her village people to follow her go collect promotion letter....uhm I smell village craft

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? / BREAKING: Federal Govt Bars Foreign Professionals Without Nigeria Certification / Ruth Agbakoba Wins At World Congress On Medical IT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.