Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor (35343 Views)

Driver Returns Missing Wallet With Cash To Passenger (Photo) / Keke Napep Driver Returns N582,400 Forgotten By Female Trader (Photo) / Lagos Airport Guard Discovers, Returns N1.2m Belonging To The Owner (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by PrettyCrystal: 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
The provost, College of Medicine at the Kogi State University, Prof. Margaret Olabisi Araoye, has narrated how a cab driver, Abubakar Hassan returned her lost bag which contained her laptop, bundle of N50,000, ATM cards, pair of golden earrings among other items - after she misplaced it in his cab...

Read the full details below;

"'On my way from Anyigba to Abuja by commercial transport, I had to alight at Giri junction, to pick a cab that was to link me with another cab to my destination. I had a heavy suitcase and a bag. When we got to Lugbe, the cab driver hurriedly dropped me off when he saw a cab going to my final destination. In the process of dragging the heavy suitcase, and in the usually chaotic motor park, I forgot to pick my bag.

As I approached the hotel in Jabi, now feeling relaxed, I remembered my bag which contained the following items:

1. Laptop
2. A bundle of N50,000, and a cheque
3. A pair of golden earrings
4. My International Passport
5. Power bank, ATM cards, Driver's license, etc.

I went back to Giri junction to report to the NURTW officials. That was when I discovered that many drivers operated as freelancers and might not be traceable. I became desperate. I exchanged contact numbers with the NURTW official and went back to the hotel. I couldn't really concentrate on the assignment I came to Abuja for.

I'd not informed my husband. The cab driver searched my bag, extracted my husband's mobile number from my driver's license and called him.

My husband mistook him for a fraudster and told him off. I later informed my husband and he gave me the driver's number. I called him. Alas! He had my bag. He had even attempted to reach me on Facebook.

I got my colleagues Clara and Moses to speak Hausa with him and we arranged to meet at the hotel two days later, when he returned from a trip. He emerged at the hotel with the bag and the contents intact!

Despite the rot, decadence and economic hardship in our land, there still exist millions of people like Abubakar Hassan with good morals. Please appreciate him with me"'.

Prof. Margaret Olabisi Araoye
Provost, College of Medicine,
Kogi State University

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/cab-driver-returns-lost-laptop-n50k-atm-cards-items-professor-kogi-photos.html

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by PrettyCrystal: 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Evablizin(f): 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
shocked

Wow,Abubakar you're a good man,best favour is coming your way.

Prof Said i should appreciate you,therefore i'm saying thank you and God bless you.

166 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by SportBlogger(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ooo

4 Likes

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by slimfairboy(m): 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
shocked The guy just be like me, character wise! cheesy

They are still good people out there...GOD will reward him.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by AK6464(m): 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2017
Some of this guys are very sincere, One of them dropped me off at Area 1 some years back, I forgot my BB torch 2 which had run down in his car, I kept trying the line with a friends line, surprisingly the number went through by 10pm and malam picked that he had gone to Kaduna. The next day he traced my friend to Gwarimpa and delivered the phone without a demand.

How I wish we had same testimonies for our leaders

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Macgreat(m): 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2017
wink
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by BruncleZuma: 3:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Driver found ...he did this.

Nairaland no go kpai person...will somebody die if they tell us what he did before we open the thread?

37 Likes

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by teemanbastos(m): 3:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
Good People
Great Nation

3 Likes

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Theyveedo(m): 3:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
See? Not all Nigerians r bad
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by itsandi(m): 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
cool smiley
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by policy12: 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
Na Aboki na, if na west or East im come from na hmmm make I know talk o.

If na Honesty or Integrity give it to Hausa man, they are far ahead their counter part from Afonja and Potopoto town.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by vchykp(m): 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
no be this snapping the man need.. nah money d guy dey para for, see him face grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Tjohnnay: 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
Kk

Make una gv am money which one b pic wey una dey snap wit am

5 Likes

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by kstyle2(m): 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
Feels good to know that we still have honest people amongst us
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by rawpadgin(m): 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
One thing about northerners is that the good ones are extremely good while the bad ones are extremely bad

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by concupiscent: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
"not taking anything away from him but what most people don't realize is that, it is difficult to steal nowadays if you aren't technological savvy.

-concupiscent

3 Likes

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by free2ryhme: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
SportBlogger:
Ooo

And someone will say youths are the future of this country
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by obaataaokpaewu: 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
The same Giri junction I lost my tablet in a cab I boarded to Lugbe last year October angry cry

2 Likes

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by KingLennon(m): 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
Good mind
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Offpoint: 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
gringrin I know God will not tempt me in such a way.... I just know myself sha... I know who I am.

3 Likes

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by kehinde1588(m): 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
What's a good gesture. That's the definition of a rare gem. Indeed this man deserves more than just written appreciation.

3 Likes

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by 1kingwriter: 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
On a upgrade his cab and send him to school
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Johnbosco77(m): 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
Kind spirited nigga. Thumbs � and �

2 Likes

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
He did well.. He must be very Happy right now..

2 Likes

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by sirusX(m): 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
vchykp:
no be this snapping the man need.. nah money d guy dey para for, see him face grin grin
You no serious ooo cheesy
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by tyav7: 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
So heart warming an article I've read on Nairaland in a while. It's usually Ipob, afonja, avengers, bobrisky, FFK, and recently, Banky W. What a welcome change. Hassan, God go bless you well well.

4 Likes

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by solace2013: 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
Good guy
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by datola: 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2017
Very good!

My husband mistook him for a fraudster and told him off. I later informed my husband and he gave me the driver's number. I called him. Alas! He had my bag. He had even attempted to reach me on Facebook.

That's what most people do these days, once they don't know your number they either don't pick the call or they take you as a fraudster.

At least listen to what the person is saying and use your sense.

The Prof should thank God this is a nice Aboki.

Kudos to this my Aboki (friend)!

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fast Food Employee's "Beautiful" Act Of Kindness Goes Viral (Photos, Video) / Panic As Banks Plan Downsizing Over Rising Operating Costs / Oghenero Ozobeme: TOTAL Sacked Me While Battling Brain Surgery, Disability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.