Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped (25972 Views)

Nigerian Atheist Whatsapp Group / Why Are Nigerian Atheist Cowards? / Atheist, Maobi Carl Freed After His Abduction & Being Taken To Psychiatric Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by danvon(m): 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
anssy:

Now that America is world power and Hitler has failed, let's leave evolution aside, can you prove that god exists
America teach children evolution theory in public schools, and I still don't get your question can you prove God doesn't exist after all ur d genius who knows everything
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by hopefulLandlord: 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
anssy:

Now that America is world power and Hitler has failed, let's leave evolution aside, can you prove that god exists

"god of the gaps" loading......
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by hopefulLandlord: 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2017
danvon:
America teach children evolution theory in public schools, and I still don't get your question can you prove God doesn't exist after all ur d genius who knows everything

for the umpteenth time: EVOLUTION IS A SCIENTIFIC THEORY NOT AN ATHEISTIC ONE!!!! Many Catholics have accepted evolution theory, go figure

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by Dronedude(m): 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2017
Raiyell:

Your construction and usage of those words are awkward, (2) there is nothing scientific about metaphysical or (3) oblivion.

You want to sound smart -- really smart people can detect that crap from a thousand miles.

Oh really if the level of science you know is your peak then as they say, there is always room for learning.

You are smart but to a level which needs improvement. Im not competing, i just made my point.
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by danvon(m): 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

then you've terminated your own logic by admitting something as perfect as your supposed god wasn't created but something as "perfect" as the universe must have a creator

anyways, with faith Its possible to eat one's cake and have it
even basic science will tell you that energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can be converted from one form to another God is more powerful than that anyway sha I'm arguing with an idiot how can I make a point

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by Daeylar(f): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
lovelygurl:

I can't find the bible passage where it states atheists are supposed to be kidnapped in the name of God, can you?

Didn't see It either grin

Do you think they put him in a psychiatrist hospital because he is an atheist?
Hopefully he is released soon and left alone.
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by danvon(m): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

for the umpteenth time: EVOLUTION IS A SCIENTIFIC THEORY NOT AN ATHEISTIC ONE!!!! Many Catholics have accepted evolution theory, go figure
a theory is something that can be proven its a myth and only an atheist can produce something so stupid
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by lalanice(f): 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2017
Awoo88:

Don't conclude yet.You don't know the whole story. I have a family friend whose younger brother started saying strange things and started weird explanation to things. He was taken to Benin. when interviewed by the doctors, he accuse his family members of being jealous of his success as. a footballer. The doctors had no choice but to commit him. Maybe his case is similar. Jwee don't take likely to ex members but they don't kidnap. Rather, ex are ostracized
issorite
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by BlackManta(m): 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
danvon:
doing well you mean atheist Joseph Stalin who killed 30million people or atheist Adolf Hitler who killed over 6million yeah atheist are doing well Christians know God exist that's why they pray and besides Christians can prove God exist atheist can't prove God doesn't exist

Adolf Hitler is atheist
I dont know the kind of weed you are smoking but that stuff is very strong.

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by hopefulLandlord: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2017
danvon:
even basic science will tell you that energy can be created nor destroyed but can be converted from one form to another God is more powerful than that anyway sha I'm arguing with an idiot how can I make a point
lol, you're throwing insults to save face from your failed claim and attempting to shift the goalposts in the process
let's stay on the topic that started this discourse which is

"The universe is so perfect it means there's a creator"

I'm willing to admit that possibility but where does that train of thought lead us?

Q: how perfect is this creator you're talking about?

Danvon: This creator is even more "perfect" than the universe

Q: if the perfectness of the universe make you conclude there's a creator, doesn't it follow that the even more perfect creator must've been created?

Danvon: You're an idiot!

Questioner: Now you've convinced me tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by danvon(m): 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2017
BlackManta:

Adolf Hitler is atheist
he claimed to be Christian because Germany is d cradle of protestianism buhari went to church before election does that make him a Christian I see ur not talking about Stalin
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2017
Daeylar:

Didn't see It either grin

Do you think they put him in a psychiatrist hospital because he is an atheist?
Hopefully he is released soon and left alone.

I don't know o. I just hope they didn't and they find him. It's quite ridiculous if it's really because he's an atheist
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by hopefulLandlord: 6:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
BlackManta:

Adolf Hitler is atheist

this deluded atheist wants to deny Hitler

Hitler was a Christian my foot! lies from the pit of atheism

his birthday was celebrated every year by the Catholic church while he was alive; only an atheist would be celebrated like that

He closed down the "Freethinker's club" which was a meeting place for non theists especially atheists to meet and used the hall to advice people on "church matters" instead; he did exactly what an atheist would do

he insisted Christianity be taught in schools, this proves his atheism beyond reasonable doubt

his armies wore a belt buckle that read Gott Mit Uns" which is translated as "God with us", just what an atheist would do

he made sure his soldiers are sprinkled with holy water and listen to a sermon by a Catholic priest before going on duty, another sign of an atheist

He ran a programme called "SS Reich" in which spies are to report heresy against the Catholic church and such heretics are prosecuted; atheistic signs

and there many more atheistic things about Hitler

stop lying bro, Hitler was definitely an atheist

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by danvon(m): 6:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol, you're throwing insults to save face from your failed claim and attempting to shift the goalposts in the process
let's stay on the topic that started this discourse which is

"The universe is so perfect it means there's a creator"

I'm willing to admit that possibility but where does that train of thought lead us?

Q: how perfect is this creator you're talking about?

Danvon: This creator is even more "perfect" than the universe

Q: if the perfectness of the universe make you conclude there's a creator, doesn't it follow that the even more perfect creator must've been created?

Danvon: You're an idiot!

Questioner: Now you've convinced me tongue
okay fine I'm an idiot die today you'll see how stupid I was and I'm still saying dis obviously I'm deluded stop trying to argue with me and practice what you believe
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
Guys am fine.
Is Maobi Carl
Thanks everyone. Just got released

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by hopefulLandlord: 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
danvon:
a theory is something that can be proven its a myth and only an atheist can produce something so stupid

Darwin was never an atheist

even if he were, it makes no difference as Evolution Theory is a scientific claim not an atheistic one, you seem not to know the difference

you're so clueless that I think regular visits to religion section would do you a world of good
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by GordonAJ: 7:06pm On Dec 01, 2017
Edu3Again:
Jehovah Witnesses is cult not of God.
Their founder was a Freemason, here is his tombstone.
Its a Pyramid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO2Mg_NBL5Y

Their bible is full of errors, here are some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjlQcS6-M0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nlb0pKfEWs

MORE READOING ON JEHOVAH WITNESSES
https://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Jehovah%20Witnesses/jw_false.htm

1. That 2 Samuel 21:19 shown in that video about the New World Translation (NWT) or 'Jehovah's witness Bible' is rendered just the same way in every other English bible translation as it is in the 'Jehovah's Witness Bible' except the King James Version (KJV) which renders it as Goliath's brother( you can look it up in google or any multiple translation bible app). Moreover 1 Samuel 17:4 calls the Goliath David killed as Goliath of Gath whereas the one in 2 Samuel 21 is called Goliath of Gittite, hence they are not the same persons but probably relatives taking KJV's account into consideration. At any rate, both the NWT or 'JW Bible' as purported and the KJV are correct. The Narrator of that Video is either Misinformed or Biased. Lets learn to research stuff before jumping into conclusions and maligning others #Facts First. 2. The second video is based on mere assumptions by the Narrator it proves nothing from an argumentative point of view. Common, some purported masonic temple, a purported memorial for Russell with some unclear and unfounded scribblings; lets be reasonable!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by BlackManta(m): 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
danvon:

What about the theory of talking snake,tree of life and magic apple
Can you bring out rock solid evidence to support it
Evolution sounds stupid to you.
Talking snake and magic apple sounds more stupid.
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by Freemax: 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
That man up there...spitting rubbish against Jehovah's witnesses, lacks knowledge.. have u taken your time to go through that bible?? hmm...you are only growing without knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by hopefulLandlord: 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
danvon:
okay fine I'm an idiot die today you'll see how stupid I was and I'm still saying dis obviously I'm deluded stop trying to argue with me and practice what you believe
I never called you an idiot! BTW why do I have to die to find out? was that what your Elijah said to the prophet of Baal in your storybook? or did he reportedly call fire down from heaven instead?

I actually wasn't arguing with you, calling the conversation we just had an argument would be insulting to the word cuz you were absolutely no match for me, no offense meant, all you did was spill illogicalities and wrong info you got fed by your fellow theists about what atheism is about while I countered them with verifiable info
therefore, I would this conversation me educating you and burning off the strawman you've been fed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by danvon(m): 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I never called you an idiot! BTW why do I have to die to find out? was that what your Elijah said to the prophet of Baal in your storybook? or did he reportedly call fire down from heaven instead?

I actually wasn't arguing with you, calling the conversation we just had an argument would be insulting to the word cuz you were absolutely no match for me, no offense meant, all you did was spill illogicalities and wrong info you got fed by your fellow theists about what atheism is about while I countered them with verifiable info
therefore, I would this conversation me educating you and burning off the strawman you've been fed
verifiable let's turn d tables around prove there is no God
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
Dronedude:
People sabi shoot things out of proportion. The guy was bundled to a psychiatric hospital and they said he was kidnapped.
By the way, why do Nigerians view psychiatric hospital as a detention center? The free thinker was probably in oblivion while initiating his metaphysical probe into the black hole and walking on the street to the prying view of concerned individuals who called the psychiatric hospital to his rescue.

My thought though.

The thing tire me.
In any case, I have never heard that a psychiatric patient is required to give his permission for admission.
The atheist society should pay a visit to the hospital and meet with the doctor and patient before raising such a ruckus.
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by hopefulLandlord: 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2017
danvon:
actually I want to stay on topic, I was silent on this thread till you pulled argument from complexity as an evidence/proof of a creator, I never claimed there's no creator but I'm sure Yahweh doesn't exist

however we should be clear that the onus probandi is on the person making a claim and its impossible to prove the nonexistence of a nonexistent entity
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by danvon(m): 7:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

actually I want to stay on topic, I was silent on this thread till you pulled argument from complexity as an evidence/proof of a creator, I never claimed there's no creator but I'm sure Yahweh doesn't exist
Then prove it u didn't answer my question
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by BlackManta(m): 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
danvon:

I have an invisible dragon in my bedroom.
I have faith that he is there.
I can feel his presence every time i close my eyes.
My invisible dragon is real.

But instead of me to prove that he exist, i am asking you to prove that he doesn't exist.

You think i'm stupid

Now take a look at your statement above. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by danvon(m): 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

now I can see ur a brainwashed person who is attacking believers but can't even defend or define what he believes in

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by Daeylar(f): 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2017
damariox:
Guys am fine.
Is Maobi Carl
Thanks everyone. Just got released

Really? That's nice.
I hope this is true
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by Daeylar(f): 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
BlackManta:

I have an invisible dragon in my bedroom.
I have faith that he is there.
I can feel his presence every time i close my eyes.
My invisible dragon is real.

But instead of me to prove that he exist, i am asking you to prove that he doesn't exist.

You think i'm stupid

Now take a look at your statement above. undecided
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by BlackManta(m): 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
TheLogicalMind:
We know that the owner of nairaland is a reprobate hell bound son of perdition.
That is why he seeks for every opportunity to tarnish Christianity's image but he will fail like all others before him.

If you think seun is using nairaland to tarnish image of christianity, then you should get outta here and look for another forum undecided
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
Xisnin:

They are illiterates, they knew that an adult can't be detained by a babalawo or pastor
hence the psychiatric route. My use of illiterate here means lack of proper education.

Then I am sorry to say that you are the illiterate. A psychiatrist will also not "detain" a sane person. If indeed he is sane he has nothing to fear. Those who took him there have demonstrated that they have proper education from the information we have. It is you who is making uneducated assumptions. Just because he is an atheist does not mean he is immune to mental illness. We all are. Even the rejection he must have suffered from his family members for being an atheist openly can drive him insane if he is genetically prone to mental illness.
You guys need to calm down. You are beginning to look like feminists who interpret every single thing as male oppression.
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by Daeylar(f): 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can I Still Go To Church After Having Sex On A Sunday Morning? / Ugandan Pastor Flogs Church Members As Part Of Prayer In Viral Video / He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.