Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:10 PM

Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) (34347 Views)

Trips To Some Major Cities In USA And Canada / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) / What Major Cities Looks Like At Night From The Cockpit Of A Boeing 777 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by nairavsdollars(f): 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ibadan...the first remains the best city
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Austema(m): 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
T
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Shakingdbumbum: 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
Igbos be carefull. they want to lure you into investing in their new sand filled island. return home. whether Benin or Yoruba. we don't care.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Colybaly: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
raker300:
When was the brown roofs of the wasteland found?

Savage!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Daniel058(m): 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
Talk about Abakaliki men!
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by nairaman66(m): 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
Warri though!!!

Nice and informative writeup!! Cheers
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by kumakunta: 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
YourMrBoo:
They will soon come with old civilization rubbish...
Onitsha is older than Ibadan and abeokuta but see flooring... grin
So you actually believe that rubbish put up on google ? And you compare states based on one picture
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by bobolizim(m): 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2017
ValUlasi:
Issue of being the first to see civilisation has been laid to rest on this thread. Now do you still have a reason why you have brown rusted roofs and mud houses?
how has this thread done that ? You must define civilization and cite different publications concerning this subject before you can arrive at such myopic conclusion. You can't just say anything here , you're not in the midst of some illiterate folks .
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by kennosklint(m): 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
Bini the father of Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Nicho118(m): 6:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
Benin? Sapele?
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Archangel15: 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ibadan squad right now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by totit: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
Nice job, Op.
But that ibadan of old. cool
Thanks for the information. Good job, again. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
op lies will kill you
why did you twist lagos history

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by ozila(m): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
so Benin is the oldest city and even and the founder of lagos

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Harrynight(m): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
Well done Op!

but am looking for Calabar and Uyo
thank you!
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by ritababe(f): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
ozila:
so Benin is the oldest city and even and the founder of lagos

yes oh but yet those guys won't agree

cc.

Olu317
TheKingIsHere
Laudate
Thylord
TimeMod3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Alwaysking: 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
QueenSekxy:
and the first shall be the last.see the brown roof of 1824 is still in existence..that Ibadan should be labelled a museum. .

Brown roofers association of Nigeria..I hail una
Use your brain not your pvssy for once, akuya!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
Binis don't own Lagos

Maybe they conquered the aworis on the Lagos island, not the entire Lagos state as it is now. However, the coming of Europeans helped them free themselves of Bini people

Bini don't have a single land on Lagos island or any where in Lagos for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by proeast(m): 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
jeebz:
Believe Wikipedia at you own peril.
You guys can be very petty, so because wikipedia has busted your lies of ibadan being the oldest city in Africa now means wikipedia shouldnt be trusted? Continue, Onitsha that is centuries older than your red roof rusty ibadan is now filled with modern highrise residential buildings while you continue living in mud houses all over ibadan and claiming its your heritage. You can continue celebrating mediocrity if you like we Biafrans are progressives!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by giles14(m): 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
even nnewi my town suppose dey that list

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by MxFactor: 7:17pm On Dec 01, 2017
Brown roof should try and buy new aluminum roofing sheets abeg. This is 2017! shocked chai grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by PearlStreet(m): 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
raker300:
When was the brown roofs of the wasteland found?

When those houses were built, your ancestors were still living in trees and learning how to make human sounds.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Academicwizman(m): 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
Informative but what is the source of this. I can see that you got some info from Wikipedia. Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information because anyone can edit it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by Sard(m): 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
To be truthful, many of the Igbos on NL are people suffering from insecurity. They see every thread as an opportunity to fight the Yorubas for superiority. Many of the igbos I know offline are almost opposite of these ones on NL.
I seriously hope you guys don't live this kind of embittered life off the internet.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by baysol: 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
What is this fictitious rubbish?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by misterh(m): 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
Sard:
To be truthful, many of the Igbos on NL are people suffering from insecurity. They see every thread as an opportunity to fight the Yorubas for superiority. Many of the igbos I know offline are almost opposite of these ones on NL.
I seriously hope you guys don't live this kind of embittered life off the internet.
I thought I was the only one who has noticed this. I think they get orgasm by deriding Yoruba land especially Ibadan. If so, long may their cum flow!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by totit: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ibadan of today they don't want the world to see or know. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by totit: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
cool

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by totit: 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
grin

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
I rep Oyo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by tosinjay(m): 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
totit:
Ibadan of today they don't want the world to see or know. cool
Why don't you search molete or sango area and many others. Abeg i like IB but brown roof na normal.
Re: Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) by totit: 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
New ibadan,oyo state. 2017 cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos / Man Plunges Car Into Swamp In Bayelsa And Dies Instantly (photo) / Girl Hit By A Speeding Vehicle Escapes Death. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.