Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:04 AM

The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN (2677 Views)

Snake Killed In KABIR UMAR Hostel In MAU Yola / Why You Shouldn't Squat In A Hostel / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN (2) (3) (4)

The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Rhea(f): 10:09pm On Dec 01, 2017
This is where our children are groomed to become the future leaders of our country Nigeria. If this were some church, we would all be contributing 10% tithe to buy the pastor a private jet. Madness manifests in different guises. This is obviously one clear sign that we have all gone mad.

Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Rhea(f): 10:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
More

Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Rhea(f): 10:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
Yet more

Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by dollyjoy(f): 10:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
That can't be a hostel Lord!shocked
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Rhea(f): 10:11pm On Dec 01, 2017

Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Rhea(f): 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
dollyjoy:
That can't be a hostel Lord!shocked

So I thought
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by NwaAmaikpe: 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2017

The hostel is not so bad.

They have bikes in it for easy transportation,
They have open ceilings if they need to hide,
They have accessible refuse dumps, if they need to dispose dirts.
The have metal railings to dry their clothes close to them.
Plus a ready kiosk, in case you need to buy a smoke or a rubber.

Great hostel, I must say;

It has produced notable people like Peter Odili, Like Ekweremadu, Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Patrick Utomi, Godwin Emefiele and Lam Adeshina.

No matter what you think of the hostel,
A UNN graduate is higher than you naturally!

Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
UNN, that the students carry their brains around in Bagco bag sack.

Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
After paying a miserly 5k per year.

You want government to put tiles and chandeliers for you. Maybe even add parapet for the dustbin container.

You cannot be having strong CGPA and ultra clean environment.

OP choose one!

Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Rhea(f): 11:06pm On Dec 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

It has produced notable people like Peter Odili, Like Ekweremadu, Chinua Achebe, Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Patrick Utomi, Godwin Emefiele and Lam Adeshina.

If your norm is sniffing faeces for breakfast and smoking rubber at random, then you must be a higher being than I ever imagined. Who am I then to question your concern for UNN. I hail o

Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Daniel2802(m): 11:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
Lol, u snapped Fiber and the road to Franco ref. Boy's hostels are in a poor state compared to girl's. I rep Alvan 200 series tho.

Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Daniel2802(m): 11:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
TarOrfeek:
After paying a miserly 5k per year.

You want government to put tiles and chandeliers for you. Maybe even add parapet for the dustbin container.

You cannot be having strong CGPA and ultra clean environment.

OP choose one!
Boys pay 12k, girls 15k per year.

Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Nobody: 5:01am On Dec 02, 2017
Speechless.
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Mikocake(m): 6:28am On Dec 02, 2017
its quite painful I must say..the first time I visited one of these hostels the first thing that came to my mind was; I rather forfeit my admission than live that horrifying surroundings..I'll not last a week, I'll go insane. that's how bad it was.
Baba Fela said it; we live like animals in this part of the world.
Are you still wondering why they call us 3rd world countries or underdeveloped nations or non align nations
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Marcelo290(m): 8:03am On Dec 02, 2017
The OP is mentally unstable. you purposely snapped these pictures for critics.. You are snapping the hostel building like anything is wrong with it, you went ahead to snap the Franco ref like people are living there, it's a place people go to eat. The falling ceiling in the boys hostel is what I see there which is worth the critics.

As for the dirt outside the hostel, we have people who go around school to pack and dispose them, it's unfortunate they aren't aware it's overfilled there.

I'm not supporting all these anyways, but You trying soo hard to paint a bad picture of UNN which isn't true.
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Indomixx: 8:59am On Dec 02, 2017
Like I don't get it. Must u guys involve church and tithe in everything you say. Permit me to say that u are an ediot OP. U just made ur points senseless by bringing in something that does not concern it.
Next time pass ur message without sounding foolish.
As for the hostel, what are the SUG body for??... Can't they talk to the school authorities on behalf of the students??.... Well SUG nowadays is very corrupt so I am not too surprised.
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by christejames(m): 9:33am On Dec 02, 2017
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by christejames(m): 9:34am On Dec 02, 2017
That's the male students hostels area (Franco). I'm surprised the management had to allow the refuse to reach such an unimaginable level before clearing. When I was there, clearing of those refuse was quite regular...
Be that as it may, Franco really need a total facelift. Don't know why each administration keep overlooking and neglecting the rot that area of the school has become. Although the last time I visited that area, I saw some refurbishment of the structures albeit slow... I know the amount we pay as hostel fee is nothing to write about but the govt still can do more to transform the condition of the residential area of her first generation schools.
UNN is a great school and this won't take that away from her! The students are resilient and indefatigable.
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Rhea(f): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2017
Marcelo290:
The OP is mentally unstable. you purposely snapped these pictures for critics.. You are snapping the hostel building like anything is wrong with it, you went ahead to snap the Franco ref like people are living there, it's a place people go to eat. The falling ceiling in the boys hostel is what I see there which is worth the critics.

As for the dirt outside the hostel, we have people who go around school to pack and dispose them, it's unfortunate they aren't aware it's overfilled there.

I'm not supporting all these anyways, but You trying soo hard to paint a bad picture of UNN which isn't true.

I am mentally unstable for pointing out that our beloved UNN needs better attention by the authorities to make it a place befitting for humans to study? shocked

Indomixx:
Like I don't get it. Must u guys involve church and tithe in everything you say. Permit me to say that u are an ediot OP. U just made ur points senseless by bringing in something that does not concern it.
Next time pass ur message without sounding foolish.
As for the hostel, what are the SUG body for??... Can't they talk to the school authorities on behalf of the students??.... Well SUG nowadays is very corrupt so I am not too surprised.

You must be a pastor; I must have hit a raw nerve there grin cheesy. Sorry for you "ediot" pastor cheesy

Mikocake:
its quite painful I must say..the first time I visited one of these hostels the first thing that came to my mind was; I rather forfeit my admission than live that horrifying surroundings..I'll not last a week, I'll go insane. that's how bad it was.
Baba Fela said it; we live like animals in this part of the world.
Are you still wondering why they call us 3rd world countries or underdeveloped nations or non align nations

It is really sad, but more pathetic that most people posting comments here are more inflamed by my observation than they are with the state of their beloved Alma-mater. Referring back to Fela, we are suffering and smiling.

christejames:
That's the male students hostels area (Franco). I'm surprised the management had to allow the refuse to reach such an unimaginable level before clearing. When I was there, clearing of those refuse was quite regular...
Be that as it may, Franco really need a total facelift. Don't know why each administration keep overlooking and neglecting the rot that area of the school has become. Although the last time I visited that area, I saw some refurbishment of the structures albeit slow... I know the amount we pay as hostel fee is nothing to write about but the govt still can do more to transform the condition of the residential area of her first generation schools.
UNN is a great school and this won't take that away from her! The students are resilient and indefatigable.

There may be no UNN left in 20 years at the rate the infrastructures are decaying without intervention. The students should channel their resilience toward the authorities to focus their attention on the things that matter.

Daniel2802:
Lol, u snapped Fiber and the road to Franco ref. Boy's hostels are in a poor state compared to girl's. I rep Alvan 200 series tho.

This is not a photo-op competition of male vs female hostel. The infrastructure in UNN is decaying. We can intervene to save it or continue to exchange tirades while the governing council and those in authority continue to relocate their offsprings overseas to better study environments.
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Indomixx: 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2017
Rhea:

You must be a pastor; I must have hit a raw nerve there grin cheesy. Sorry for you "ediot" pastor cheesy

I would have ignored u buh no!. I won't yet.
Just judge ur foolishness urself. How does paying tithe and a bad hostel correlate??. I guess involving tithe and pastors is now the new way u guys look for attention. I ain't no pastor like ur brain told u Buh I hate the foolishness embedded in most of u. Instead of ur fvcked up brain to go straight to the point and address the issue, it is busy involving itself in what does not concern it. Thunder fire u. It's high time someone told y'all the truth. Idiotic fellow. Can to go to a well known shrine and say rubbish??.... Ediot.. U better don't quote me with ur foolishness again.

Y
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by oldfoolnigger(m): 11:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

It has produced notable people like Peter Odili, Like Ekweremadu, Chinua Achebe, Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Patrick Utomi, Godwin Emefiele and Lam Adeshina.

Chai...my mentor has spoken.. word!!!

Hahaha.

but ooo,remove chinua Achebe from ur post..He was a product of university of Ibadan not UNN
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by boyejo123(m): 2:40am On Dec 03, 2017
Rhea:

I am mentally unstable for pointing out that our beloved UNN needs better attention by the authorities to make it a place befitting for humans to study? shocked

It is really sad, but more pathetic that most people posting comments here are more inflamed by my observation than they are with the state of their beloved Alma-mater. Referring back to Fela, we are suffering and smiling.

There may be no UNN left in 20 years at the rate the infrastructures are decaying without intervention. The students should channel their resilience toward the authorities to focus their attention on the things that matter.

This is not a photo-op competition of male vs female. n hostel. The infrastructure in UNN is decaying. We can intervene to save it or continue to exchange tirades while the governing council and those in authority continue to relocate their offsprings overseas to better study environments.

when somebori wants to save UNN on nairaland.
and the students aren't complaining or helping themselves reduce the wastes.
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by judgedredd22(m): 3:50am On Dec 03, 2017
Marcelo290:

your stupidity/ignorance is so rich that it stinks

Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Marcelo290(m): 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
judgedredd22:

your stupidity/ignorance is so rich that it stinks
And who is this mentally deranged home erectus masturbating on my mentions?

Surprise me, say something smart or swerve away to the land of the dead you miserable disgrace of a man.
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by judgedredd22(m): 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
Marcelo290:
And who is this mentally deranged home erectus masturbating on my mentions?

Surprise me, say something smart or swerve away to the land of the dead you miserable disgrace of a man.

correction - it is actually spelled 'homo-erectus'
...but the tiny bit left of your dull/docile noodle mass of a brain wouldn't be able to decipher that, yet you want me to tell you 'something smart'?

that effort would have been a wasted one on you my unfortunate underling!

Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Marcelo290(m): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
judgedredd22:

correction - it is actually spelled 'homo-erectus'
...but the tiny bit left of your dull/docile noodle mass of a brain wouldn't be able to decipher that, yet you want me to tell you 'something smart'?

that effort would have been a wasted one on you my unfortunate underling!
Lol Boy, I'm not here to meddle words with you, if you weren't a dunce you would had known that was a typographical error from my auto-correct. But hence you want to use it to score a cheap point, I wouldn't deny a poor boy like you that.

That the internet gave everyone the opportunity doesn't mean you throw words at anyone you meet, but you may be a jambite or an undergraduate who is still basking in the euphoria of his delusions, so I won't bombard you much.

Now keep swerving...
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by Rhea(f): 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
[quote author=Indomixx post=62922439][/quote]

Lol.... You think cus I'm a chic I'll let u ride on me and go?? Go get a life,pretending to be a serious minded person on the internet doesn't make u useful. When u see a post u don't like,move on. Don't condemn the post simply because u don't like it. It is not by force to comment....U hear me??.... Learn now so that u don't regret later. Happy Sunday.
Re: The Deplorable State Of A Hostel In UNN by lonelydora: 4:28am On Jan 02, 2018
So this 'Tanker' Op has mind to walk into a Franco hostel and took pictures, even with all the barkings and shouts of 'tanker'?

Nice one. You get mind shaa.
i rep Room 208 and 314 of Eni Njoku Hall

Who Can Solve This Mathematics Problem? / You Can Now Reprint Your Jamb Slip In A Cyber Cafe . / WAEC2015 Maths Question, Who Can Solve It?