Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,999 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here (6784 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by Electroweb(m): 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2018
Disney
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by Electroweb(m): 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2018
Disney
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by Electroweb(m): 9:35pm On Jan 20, 2018
More
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by Electroweb(m): 6:37am On Jan 21, 2018
H
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by CyZubby(f): 11:48pm On Jan 28, 2018
Wow this is good .will be coming with my daughter first week of April. A relation stays in St petersburg, will have to journey from there to Disney world since their accommodation is on the high side.thanks for all the info.
Electroweb:
More of fantasy ride
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by CyZubby(f): 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
HI thanks a lot for the informationsame posted on this thread, please I will be going to Orlando to visit Disney world with my daughter in the first week of April, please how much is each gate pass. Thanks
spokesboy:
This is a thread created to connect and link up with other people planning a vacation to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
It's to share ideas on visa application, hotel bookings, theme park tickets, theme park attractions and other tourism spots in Orlando, Florida such as Universal Studio.
Local flights and shuttle services ideas are welcomed.
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by spokesboy: 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2018
CyZubby:
HI thanks a lot for the informationsame posted on this thread, please I will be going to Orlando to visit Disney world with my daughter in the first week of April, please how much is each gate pass. Thanks
Gate passes do vary depending on number of days, peak/off-peak, age (below/above 10yrs), multi park-hopping, etc. On the average, you can draw your budget on $120 and $100 per day for adult and children respectively. Check the link to their website for more information.
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by CyZubby(f): 1:12am On Jan 31, 2018
Thanks a lot
spokesboy:

Gate passes do vary depending on number of days, peak/off-peak, age (below/above 10yrs), multi park-hopping, etc. On the average, you can draw your budget on $120 and $100 per day for adult and children respectively. Check the link to their website for more information.
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by spokesboy: 10:28am On Mar 16, 2018
CyZubby:
Please CyZubby, don't forget to share your experience here after your trip to Orlando in April. Cheers!
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by CyZubby(f): 5:44pm On Mar 16, 2018
Sure will definitely share my experience here.
spokesboy:

Please CyZubby, don't forget to share your experience here after your trip to Orlando in April. Cheers!
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by femorocafella: 11:05am On Nov 02, 2018
@@ spokeboy.pls how much will this trip cost a family of four for ten days in orlando Florida .both for flight from nigeria to local flight to florida ,to accommodation feeding and tickets pls.I need your reply as to know how much to tell the visa officer when asked how much did we budget for the trio.
Thanks
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by OYEBOLA4U: 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2019
Hello,pls i m traveling alone for vacation to orlando by may,do only adult still visit the place because i put magic kingdom in my DS160?
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by spokesboy: 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2019
femorocafella:
@@ spokeboy.pls how much will this trip cost a family of four for ten days in orlando Florida .both for flight from nigeria to local flight to florida ,to accommodation feeding and tickets pls.I need your reply as to know how much to tell the visa officer when asked how much did we budget for the trio.
Thanks
Kindly check current cost of local flight on website of Spirit Airlines or any other cheap flight. For hotel booking, check booking.com or read the tips in my earlier posts.
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by spokesboy: 5:33pm On Jan 31, 2019
OYEBOLA4U:
Hello,pls i m traveling alone for vacation to orlando by may,do only adult still visit the place because i put magic kingdom in my DS160?
Yes, adults only can visit Disney. Some couples do go there for their honeymoon.
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by OYEBOLA4U: 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
Thanks bros,really appreciate
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by OYEBOLA4U: 7:40am On Mar 04, 2019
Pls house,like how many days or week can someone submit DS160 before interview?
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by jesuisroya: 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2019
Greetings All.
Please could you help me throw more light on this?
I am planning to apply for a visa with my husband and two kids to Florida, disneyworld especially.

1. Do I have to pay for the disneyworld tickets before I go for the VISA INTERVIEW?
2. Can someone help me with an itinerary I could present during the visa interview?

Thanks for you kind help.
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by jesuisroya: 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2019
Greetings @spokesboy
Do I have to book these tickets before going for my visa interview? I would like to visit Florida with my husband and two kids.
Thanks

spokesboy:

You don't have to apply. All you need do is to obtain a USA tourist visa (if you live outside the US), make hotel & flight reservations, pay for the theme parks tickets (depending on your preferred package) online and find your way to Orlando Florida. To have a great vacation, you can also book the tickets for Universal Studio Orlando online. It's another exciting spot in Orlando - it houses the studio used during the cast of one of Harry Potters movie and many others.
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by Electroweb(m): 8:13am On Sep 08, 2019
jesuisroya:
Greetings All.
Please could you help me throw more light on this?
I am planning to apply for a visa with my husband and two kids to Florida, disneyworld especially.

1. Do I have to pay for the disneyworld tickets before I go for the VISA INTERVIEW?
2. Can someone help me with an itinerary I could present during the visa interview?

Thanks for you kind help.
You do not need to buy Disneyland tickets before going for the interview. If I recall correctly there is a place you can state it in your DS160 form, if not you can mention it during the interview.
As per itinerary you list the route, airline per route, days to spend in each location, hotel accommodation, transport fare, return flight back to Nigeria etc
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by spokesboy: 11:42am On Sep 08, 2019
jesuisroya:
Greetings @spokesboy
Do I have to book these tickets before going for my visa interview? I would like to visit Florida with my husband and two kids.
Thanks

No, you don't have to book the tickets before your visa interview since it won't add or subtract from the success at interview. However, you are expected to include this in your travel itinerary if it's one of the main reasons for your trip. I hope this helps.
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by spokesboy: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2019
Electroweb:

You do not need to buy Disneyland tickets before going for the interview. If I recall correctly there is a place you can state it in your DS160 form, if not you can mention it during the interview.
As per itinerary you list the route, airline per route, days to spend in each location, hotel accommodation, transport fare, return flight back to Nigeria etc
This is absolutely correct.
Re: Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here by Icesnow(f): 12:59am On Aug 25, 2023
spokesboy:
1.) VISA & FLIGHT - Obtain your US visa and book your flight tickets. I spent a total of 15 days during my trip and about 5 days in Orlando. The booking of your tickets will be a function of your itinerary. The most important thing is to find your way to the Orlando International Airport. It's the closest airport to the theme parks. Local flights in the US are relatively cheaper than what's obtainable in Nigeria.

2.) THEME PARK TICKET BOOKING - Book your theme park tickets at least 60 days ahead for Disney World. I will also suggest that you consider other parks such as Universal Studios, Seaworld, etc. I did both Disney World and Universal Studios during my visit. I would have felt bad if the only place I visit is Disney World in the midst of the dozens of attraction Orlando Florida.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/
https://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/
https://seaworldparks.com/

NOTE: You may have some challenges with Universal Studios if you book your tickets using a Nigerian MasterCard. This will easily be resolved at the Guest Services kiosk at the main gate of the park. You will be required to show the MasterCard you used for the booking and your International Passport (or any other government ID). It just about the trust issues they have with Card usage emanating from our part of the world.
Peak periods are more expensive than off-peak periods. Also, once booked, you tickets usually have a one year expiry period.
You can also book your park tickets with the agents at your hotel when you arrive in Orlando

3.) HOTEL ACCOMMODATION - I have always used and trusted Booking.com for my vacation hotel bookings and they have never disappointed. I'll recommend them to you because of the bargain and value for money services. Moreso, you'll get a 10% refund discount (on top of the cheap rate) using the link below to book your hotel accommodation (for any vacation). I stayed at the Monumental Movieland Hotel (now known as Orlando Movieland Hotel). The hotel is not 5 star rated but very good for my requirement. Also, bear in mind that you'll be out at the Parks for a larger part of the day and you don't want hotel costs to cut deep into your budget. You can use the link below to search for more hotel options based on your requirement.

https://www.booking.com/s/27_8/xolayi88

4.) TRANSPORTATION - Unless you want to, you don't have to incur huge cost on transportation. My preliminary research on Orlando transport paid off well as I didn't incur more than $50 on transport. Use the following tips:
- Travel on Lynx public bus for your long distance trips within Orlando/Kissimmee, especially from the Orlando International Airport to your Hotel. $2/Adult, $1/Child above 6 years and $0/Child below 6 years. Make sure you hold your exact fare as drivers don't carry change.
- Travel on the I-Ride Trolley for your short distance trips within Orlando - especially for shopping and dinner trips. $2/Adult and $1/Child. You can also enquire about the daily travel pass which allows you on multiple trips at a fixed daily charge.
- Alternatively, you can take a Taxi Cab to and fro the Theme Parks. I only did this once from Universal Studios and it cost us only $10 per trip.
- Book accommodation with hotels that offer shuttle services to all the major theme parks as part of their package. This really worked for us. Our hotel offer shuttle services to and fro the major parks including Disney World and Universal Studios. Though, Universal Studios is a 20 mins walking distance from our Hotel.

5.) ATTRACTIONS AT THE THEME PARK - Ensure that you book your "FastPass" online with Disney World on a maximum of 3 attractions per person for your family. This will save you from long queues at every attraction entrance. You can do this at least 60 days to your arrival before its maxed out. Universal Studios will give you "Express Pass" tickets at the entrance. Ensure you use this to avoid stories that touch. The waiting time on some rides is as long as 2 hours. Use the Express/Fast Passes on the choice attractions that attract many people only. You can just walk into and enjoy other attractions.
In a single day, we did about 5 Activities at the Universal Studios and 10 Activities at Disney World per day.

6.) DON'TS - *To avoid huge spendings, try not to book for accomodation at any of the Disney's resort as part of your overall package. It digs more hole in your pocket.
*Try not to buy bottle water at the parks. It cost $4.50 per 60cl bottle at Disney Magic Kingdom. However, a crate of 24 bottles cost $6.00 outside in Orlando and about $3.50 in New Jersey. Use your back packs to hold snacks and as much 2 bottles of water per person for the day.
*Don't pay for any special express passes on any of the parks if you don't understand the rate of traffic for each of the attractions. You may end up paying so much only to discover that the attraction is a simple walk-in with little or no queue.
*Don't visit three parks in a stretch. It may be too tiring, especially for the kids. Take a day off in between any two days visit. You can use that rest day to rest only and/or visit the Orlando Shopping Malls.

I hope these helps you in planning a hitch-free budget vacation for your family.
(NOTE: The note above is subject to subsequent modifications by me for clarity purpose)
Hi! I thought it is located in California. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back / Requirement For U.k Visiting Visa Application In Nigeria? / Relocating To Belize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.