Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Home-based Eagles Crash Out - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Home-based Eagles Crash Out (2895 Views)

FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th / Super Eagles Crash On Latest FIFA Rankings / Kano Pillars Crash Out Of CAF Champions League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Home-based Eagles Crash Out by lordbayor(m): 8:31pm On Mar 28, 2010
A lost penalty in the 26th minute of the first half was the highpoint of Nigeria’s dismal run in the African Nations Championship qualifier against Niger Republic, as the home-based Eagles went crashing out of the competition with a goalless draw in Kano.

Beijing 2008 Olympics silver medalist, Chibuzor Okonkwo was the culprit on the penalty, but Kano-based sports journalist, Mike Obuh said in an interview with brilafm.net that the Nigerian players gave their very best, but poor tactical display and faulty substitutions let them down.

A substitute appearance by another promising star, John Owoeri, who was part of the Holland 2005 World Youth Championship silver-winning team, and hastily drafted Nigerian Premier League current top scorer, Ahmed Musa could not save the day for Coach Daniel Amokachi’s side.

Nigeria are regarded as one of the powerhouses of African football but are yet to feature in the CHAN, a biennial tournament for players from the domestic leagues of their countries and which kicked off in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, last year.

Perennial rivals Ghana stopped Nigeria in the qualifiers for the inaugural championship and went on to reach the grand finale where they lost to DR Congo.

The summary of Sunday's match at Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano was simply that, for the second edition runing, Nigeria's local players had failed to qualify for the novel championship set aside by CAF for players plying their trade in the domestic leagues of their respective countries.

Sunday, 28 March 2010 19:08 Written by BrilaFM
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2010
And someone will come and tell me we should do away with our European legion and use home-based in tournaments.

Second consecutive time, they dont qualify for CHAN.

Shioorrrrr
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by lordbayor(m): 9:34pm On Mar 28, 2010
I tire oo, football no be gra gra again ooo, Na experience matter now
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by tayoast(m): 10:58pm On Mar 28, 2010
Amokachi!!! Amodu has taught him d heart-attack style of futbol
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by mystikal(m): 12:01am On Mar 29, 2010
I must be living in Mars. I didnt even know such a tournament existed.
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 2:00am On Mar 29, 2010
i woner what's wrong in nigeria football system
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by Alxmyr(m): 2:04am On Mar 29, 2010
mystikal:

Yes, you are really living in Mars or even Jupiter
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by jerryile(m): 2:11am On Mar 29, 2010
I was sure that the super chickens Amodu and Amokachi coached to Nations cup semi final played what they know. There was no tactital effort by the coach to improve the game. They have once again showed us that they have nothing upstairs. Rubbish Amodu
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by OvieE: 3:27am On Mar 29, 2010
So call Amodu was right about home base players all along. They are nothing but useless. If they can cannot beat their own neighbor (home base players to home base players), how are they going play experience team at the WC. I hope the new coach watched the match and exclude home base from the world cup team. They have no business going to world cup.

This also show that Nigeria league is far far below Niger League.
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by solokay(m): 4:34am On Mar 29, 2010
does Niger republic even have a league?. I will like to know some notable clubsides from Niger. For all i care nigeria has just be beating by a "non-league" country. In a normal country you will see resignations from their FA officials but in nigeria its business as usual. shame
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by 2drama: 7:12am On Mar 29, 2010
does anyone

know what lineup Nigeria used
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by PastorOla1: 8:24am On Mar 29, 2010
This has just EXPOSED the level of Nigeria League to The World. People just take office at NFF Our football is not developing at all. Leaders here dont TASK themselves They only make NOISE and MONEY that is all with NO result to show
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by SapeleGuy: 8:56am On Mar 29, 2010
Yes, NFF are to blame but we can all contribute by supporting our local NPL teams, the stadia are empty, leave the beer parlours and support local football.

This is what you get when Nigerians abandon Insurance, Enyimba, Warri Wolves for Arsenal, Barca, Chelsea and Man U.

You can't reap where you have not sown.
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by chelseabmw(m): 9:00am On Mar 29, 2010
shocked shocked shocked

I tire for them oo
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by naso2(m): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2010
This is what you get when you make a TV football analyst your national team coach. Serves us right.

These people(NFF) will someday tell us what Siasia's sins are.
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by toluxa1(m): 9:08am On Mar 29, 2010
OvieE:

[color=#000099]

This also show that Nigeria league is far far below Niger League.

This doesn't in any way show anything of our league. Nigeria has the best league in Africa (or second, depending on which report you're reading). This wasn't a league club. This were players selected from different leagues and badly managed.
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by PurestBoy(m): 9:10am On Mar 29, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Yes, NFF are to blame but we can all contribute by supporting our local NPL teams, the stadia are empty, leave the beer parlours and support local football.

This is what you get when Nigerians abandon Insurance, Enyimba, Warri Wolves for Arsenal, Barca, Chelsea and Man U.

Do u need my address so that you can come down and burn down my cable to stop me from supporting Arsenal or Barca.
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by enzo01(m): 9:20am On Mar 29, 2010
as long as our leadas ar kurupt d nff ar also kurupt meanin dat nig. futbal cn neva mov foward.
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by enzo01(m): 9:22am On Mar 29, 2010
as long as our leadas ar kurupt d nff ar also kurupt meanin dat nig. futbal cn neva mov foward.
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:49am On Mar 29, 2010
is it not the same guys who said they would spell the name of their opponents with goals?

All the trash talking before a WWF match is all we do in football. until we start taking care of business (Age, Fitness, Technical/Coaching Knowledge and Skills) we will always have fine boys with rough-curls and fancy accents who will continue to lose.
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by NDBELOVE: 9:56am On Mar 29, 2010
It's a pointer to our disgrace in south Africa. When it happens every Nigerian should take heart.
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by bisiaet: 10:04am On Mar 29, 2010
This is another trouble for the Ragle I can now see home base Eagle wont help in issue like South Africa World Cup I think the new coach can see it well now and make the right decision orelse it will be worse than this at the world stage.
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by kodewrita(m): 11:20am On Mar 29, 2010
Are we supposed to be suprised about this? They are simply acting true to type.

Home based players can be as good as those in foreign leagues (as already proved by coaches like westerhof) but I find it hard to believe that the team that went to that championship was selected on merit. Most likely, they were selected on the basis of connections and bribes. and are definitely overage (older than they claim).

That is the exact problem we are facing.
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by odunjoy1(m): 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2010
no blame dem just dey pray for nigeria always
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by solokay(m): 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2010
toluxa1:

This doesn't in any way show anything of our league. Nigeria has the best league in Africa (or second, depending on which report you're reading). This wasn't a league club. This were players selected from different leagues and badly managed.

toluxa1, i hope you are not under the influence of something. Nigeria has the best league in africa!. what planet are you from. So are saying that nigeria league is better that of South Africa, Egypt, Tunisia, Morroco or even Sudan. Common now!. Lets post something serious here
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by Johnnny(m): 2:26pm On Mar 29, 2010
SapeleGuy:

So what? You expect me to go sit in a stadium and get bathed with urine in 'pure water sachets'. Or get morged like it happened in Aba last year during the Eyimba fans wahala? Lailai, I will rather stay at home and watch my Barca playing. If the Nigerian league can be televisied, why not? I will gladly follow it. But get urine all over my body all in the name of football. No, can't do
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by deb(m): 2:54pm On Mar 29, 2010
We couldn't even score one goal in 180minutes against Niger. shocked
Sad
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by lonelydude: 3:01pm On Mar 29, 2010
mystikal:

Guy, no be only you o. Which one be CHAN again?
Infact, I think I am in Pluto. grin
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by SLIMDODOUBLEGEE: 5:31pm On Mar 29, 2010
we should be thanking God we didnt go with them to da last african cup of nations held in Angola earlier dis year.if we did we wldnt hav stayed till we were beaten by Ghana, maybe, Egypt wld av given us 8-0 n benin maybe 3-0 finally, 5-0 from mozambique, hahaha, in a country where coruption seems to be d only course of study, these are what you expect.Who even told you pipl that the selection was actually based on merit
AMOKACHI doesnt hav good luck as a coach PERIOD
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by hackney(m): 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2010
A country riddled with corruption to do well in a fair tournament?
joke section pls!!

To play you have to bribe one way or the other.
If you give 100k you go play tire.

they should bring in a white man that wants to see a good team.
period.
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by Krum: 6:50pm On Mar 29, 2010
wink d last minutes change of venue to kano was the 1st signal.
when can we learn from xperiencee. Time will tell
Re: Home-based Eagles Crash Out by ndcide(m): 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2010
rrrubish!! typical nigerian reasoning when it comes to soccer. apportioning blames. people just think wining is just about fielding what you call best of players and having a coach who you feel knows it all. football is not mathematics. nigeria have gotten it wrong somewhere. they shouldn't shy away from it. else, it would be difficult for nigeria to qualify for any tournament. be it world cup or ANC. even if we import Brazilian national team and morinoh as a coach.

i wont say much on this. until after the world cup in south africa. coz then it would make more sense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! / Conversation Between C.ronaldo And Messi / Today’s Sure Prediction : Bet Tips, Statistics And Insightful Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.