Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (63348 Views)

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by BruncleZuma: 9:12am On Dec 03, 2017
grin grin cheesy grin
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Samusu(m): 9:12am On Dec 03, 2017
grin angry angry
sad sad grin cheesy cheesy sad
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by jerryunit48: 9:12am On Dec 03, 2017
So why all the hype about tithes?

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by hahn(m): 9:12am On Dec 03, 2017
Then let the dunce(god) grant an interview and declare that tithing is right on national television undecided

6 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by shumuel(m): 9:12am On Dec 03, 2017
hmmm
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 03, 2017
Goshen360:
God is THE ONLY BOSS that will fire you but still let you keep working. If you don't believe this ask Saul. He was anointed only for 2 years but was a king for 40 years. Meaning, he was only sitting king for 38 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqcK-4cVaaE

Somebody help me pass this message to Pastor Adeboye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLQjJ_uq6hM

Pastor Adeboye used to be a MOG I respect growing up as a young Christian but on this topic, I lost respect for him especially when he says things not a sound doctrine. If every Christian claim God told me without us having a way to verify in the word, do you know how many issues we'll have in the body of Christ today?

Pastor Adeboye should swallow his pride and accept biblical truth and sound Christian doctrines.

New Living Translation
All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord's Supper), and to prayer.
Acts 2vs42

Tithe wasn't taught by the Apostles to the early church and not everything written in the bible is for Christians
Blah blah blah! I will pay my tithe always, G.O doesn't need ur respect, nairalanders can have it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Michaelpresh(m): 9:13am On Dec 03, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/02/god-convinced-tithing-right-adeboye-speaks/

Hmmm.
And He didn't convinced you that building free hospital and school is right??
...isorit

25 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by kay29000(m): 9:13am On Dec 03, 2017
I have a feeling that Daddy Freeze's posts about tithing has started affecting the flow of money to most churches. If not, why are these men of God constantly attacking Freeze directly and indirectly. And the way they have intensified their teachings on tithing the past couple of weeks says a lot.

28 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Neoteny(m): 9:14am On Dec 03, 2017
Christians wake up!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 03, 2017
Marketing

2 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by blowjob: 9:15am On Dec 03, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/02/god-convinced-tithing-right-adeboye-speaks/
DIS RAM,THAT LOOK LIKE IMBE ...BEEN DECIEVIN NIGGERS,LONG.. angry

4 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by rottenegg: 9:15am On Dec 03, 2017
chop my fist

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by GavelSlam: 9:16am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Father Abraham gave tithes.
Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

His death only grants us divine pardon from the immediate consequences of sin.

I stand with Daddy G.O

Just like MMM.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Alwaysking: 9:17am On Dec 03, 2017
I only pity the gullibles

10 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by MightySparrow: 9:17am On Dec 03, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Once again, Adeboye has spoken without any scriptural backing. All he's done is to say "God said".

Who was there when God spoke to you?

If you want to know the truth about tithe, read the link below.

mind you, it's lengthy.

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/TheTitheisIlleg

al.html

Read today Open Heaven. You will see Bible reference there.

However, where you there when God spoke to any of the writers of the Bible¿ I sense hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 03, 2017
WILL THIS CLOWN JUST SHUT THE HELL UP ON THE TITHE ISSUE?!?? angry angry angry

Let him come out so many times to criticize politicians or empower youths to fight for their rights instead of fighting for his pocket.

Foolish old goat.

12 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:18am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

I stand with Daddy G.O

So how frequently did Abraham pay tithes?, did He pay from his own flourishing business, or from the spoils of war?, if you must reason, then be reasonable.

Ponzi Hater

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by 1metre: 9:19am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Jacob gave his tithe.

I stand with Daddy G.O
if paying tithe has no monetary value modern churches could hv abolish it. Wondering why churches dont practice burnt offering as it was done during the days of Abraham and co.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 9:20am On Dec 03, 2017
Hebrew7: 6-9

6And those descendants of Levi who receive the priestly office have a commandment in the law to take tithes from the people, that is, from their brothers, though these also are descended from Abraham.

7) But this man who does not have his descent from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.

8 ) It is beyond dispute that the inferior is blessed by the superior.

9) In the one case tithes are received by mortal men, but in the other case, by one of whom it is testified that he lives.

I rest my case!
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by MightySparrow: 9:20am On Dec 03, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

So how frequently did Abraham pay tithes?, did He pay from his own flourishing business, or from the spoils of war?, if you must reason, then be reasonable.

Ponzi Hater

The only time he saw the right person and right place.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by blackaxe78: 9:20am On Dec 03, 2017
1metre:
if paying tithe has no monetary value modern churches could hv abolish it. Wondering why churches dont practice burnt offering as it was done during the days of Abraham and co.

Brilliant question!

10 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by LasGidiOwner: 9:20am On Dec 03, 2017
The way and manner all these big pastors are trying so hard to convince people is an indication that FRZ is saying the bitter truth.

12 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by oruma19: 9:21am On Dec 03, 2017
Adeboye once said if u don't pay ur tithe u won't make heaven. Now he is saying God convinced him to pay tithe. I weep for papa Adeboye because he already is in a backslidden state and needs restoration. He has served God so much that he doesn't need to backslide now because of money. Papa adeboye should leave money matter, he is too old to be doing this now. Tithing according to the scripture is not for the new testament church. Leave that matter and focus on holiness without which, no man shall see God.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:21am On Dec 03, 2017
MightySparrow:

The only time he saw the right person and right place.
Listen to urself.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Richardabbey(m): 9:21am On Dec 03, 2017
Yelorba Pastor Nd Thiths Na 5 % 6 , Bt I Believe D Man Of God . Igbos Are Criminals angry
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 03, 2017
You can choose to pay your tithe to breweries, distilleries, Naira bet, baba ijebu,red light pens and drug holes. No controversies.

How come it hurts you so much if I chose to pay my tithe to my church?

Which kind busy body people be this?

This is a well thought out war against the body of Christ and as usual, it will crumble.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Humblebloke(m): 9:23am On Dec 03, 2017
oley oleundecided!!!

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by hensben(m): 9:24am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Jacob gave his tithe.

I stand with Daddy G.O
First and foremost was Abraham paying tithe continuously or did it after winning a battle.

10 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by obailala(m): 9:24am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Jacob gave his tithe.

I stand with Daddy G.O

The issue isnt whether tithing is good or not; of course going by the principles of giving, givers get blessed (irrespective of religion) and givers dont lack - it is a principle! But the main issue under debate is whether tithing is a mandatory command by God to new covenant Gentile Christians just as it was a mandatory law made to Jews in the old.

To address your point about tithing existing before the Law, the tithe (not titheS) paid by Abraham and the tithes paid by Jacob were very different from the tithing laws made under Moses. Firstly, Abraham tithed only once, it was never recorded as a regular act and most importantly, he did so voluntarily, out of love and not due to any mandatory law from God (TRUE or FALSE?). Secondly, Jacob also tithed voluntarily (TRUE or FALSE?).

So ultimately, if the church today claims a true believer must tithe regularly so as not to rob God or attract curses or incur His wrath, then it is obvious the modern day church has built its tithing principle on the old laws of Moses (Malachi 3) and certainly not in the order of tithing of Abraham (TRUE or FALSE?).

Regarding your examples on fornication, lying etc, you obviously confuse 'the Laws' from the commandments. Of course those things you mention fall under the commandments, and Jesus and the apostles (under the Holy Spirit) clearly still reiterated those commandments till forever. But understanding how the Mosaic laws were a great burden to the people, Jesus constantly rebuked the Pharisees (religious extremists) for burdening the people with keeping to unimportant components of the law; in order to prove this, do you agree Jesus actually broke the law when he healed the sick on the Sabbath?...

But today, it seems the modern day church are now like the Pharisees of old who Jesus rebuked for tormenting believers with the curse of the law (i.e. you are robbing God and are under a curse if you dont pay tithes regularly). The church of today still burdens believers with this 'Curse of the Law' despite the fact that Jesus has completely saved us from that curse (Gal 3:13).

It's always ridiculous when believers today still make reference to the Mosaic Laws and argue of their validity till date. People who make this argument are obviously ignorant of the full contents of that law; many who claim the laws are still valid till date do not know that they already violate it when they shave their side beards or wear a simple jeans trouser and a cotton shirt/blouse. But of the numerous components of that law, you hold on only to tithing and claim the laws are still valid, even to Gentile Christians?

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by MightySparrow: 9:24am On Dec 03, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

Listen to urself.

Where was the houseof Melchizedek?

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 03, 2017
After this tithe issue. Daddy freeze is coming after your offerings! Churches avoid spiritual business! I repeat. avoid spiritual business and start up commercial business now!

4 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by SweetJoystick(m): 9:26am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Jacob gave his tithe.

I stand with Daddy G.O
Smh see where his refusal to rebuke you guys who call him daddy GO has led you to. Matthew 23 vs 9. Read, if you have a problem with comprehension, you can ask someone to read and explain to you

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Caught Drinking Holy Communion Wine After Stealing It From Church In Lagos / Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Gives Back Tithes, Offering To Nigerians, Donates N300M / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.