Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (63295 Views)

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by MuttleyLaff: 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
Onku, he knows I was joking with him...
Onku dey your house

Jesusgirl92:
No need for all the grammar abeg. Thanks.

Look at your profile, is there any need for all the grammar in there?.
Please dont make me call you out to be a hypocrite.

You better get use to it and thank me later
Until good sense and the right thing about the revolutionary way of giving,
where believers are instructed or urged in 2 Corinthians 9:7, to do, is learned, grammar will continue fall
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nigeriadondie: 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Father Abraham gave tithes.
Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

His death only grants us divine pardon from the immediate consequences of sin.

I stand with Daddy G.O
Stand with Dadddy GO, mummy GO and pilin GO. Be funding another family investment.
Hope u ve d $1billion to throw. As he said in d last video go and see his secretary. Even if u dont ve up to that go and see his secretary so that they can pay God.

Stand with them till u can no longer stand and then wreck u till u fall.

U ve not replied my post with relevant scriptures to prove ur tithing which is d only thing they wud keep emphasizing.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Viktom(m): 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
delugajackson:
This man is funny. Why is he trying so hard to defend himself?

I'm sure this issue has caused him many sleepless nights. I call that the "cost of doing business". You wanna be in business, you gotta pay the cost of doing business. And when the cost gets too high, you get out of business.

But trust me, he would never want that to happen, he would rather propagate more lies and turn the Bible upside down to please his gullible followers until Jesus Christ shows up.
. well am sorry to disappoint u man. that book wasn't written yesterday, it had long been written before freezer came up with his foolishness. in case u don't know it is published every October and out for sales by November.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Ken4Christ: 9:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
HeyCorleone:
What Christians need is personal conviction.

Only a sheep would do something because their G.O says it's right.

These people are fighting so hard. Things would never be the same again.

Thanks to minds like FRZ who've made things clearer to Nigerians.

But trust me a lot of them won't still adhere, like the poster above me.

Then again if a pastor could say the money from tithe is used for Charity works, why can't we just use it to do Charity ourselves?

I believe what God wants from us is Charity works rather than tithes and offerings as highlighted by Jesus in Matthew 25:31—46 ..

You are very wrong. Daddy Freeze didn't make any thing clearer. He only spoke what you wanted to hear. You can't use the Law of Moses to judge the New Testament Church. Our faith in tithing is not because it is contained in the Law. It is because our father Abraham tithed when there was no law. And he gave the tithe to Melchizedec was is like Jesus.

If Daddy Freeze is using the practice under the Law to judge the Church on what we should do with our tithe, he should also use the same law to judge himself in many other ways.

The law says we should keep the Sabbath day Holy and violation is punishable by death. How many Sabbath has Daddy Freeze kept Holy?

We are not obliged as a Church to strictly follow the pattern under the Law but we can draw a moral lesson out of it. And some Churches today have begun to give back to the society and members one way or the other. I am aware of a Church that runs a free school, free restaurant and free boutique. The money he gets to do that is from the tithe paid.

Instead of attacking tithe payment, what we should address is the proper management of the fund. It is primarily for workers in the house of God and secondarily for benevolence. Any excess can be used to advance the course of the gospel.

Daddy Freeze is an agent of darkness and all that stand with him.

Whoever withdraws his tithe because of Daddy Freeze submissions is a big fool. They are disaster about to happen. This same people will run back to the church very soon asking for mercy when they begin to experience the repercussion of their errors.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by loomy(m): 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
I think he is right when he said tithing is a matter of trust, every form of biblical giving actually has trust embedded in them. The only issue is its emphasis above other matters of concern. I am not against baba adeboye, I am against whatever GOD is against. It's time for us to start seeking GOD personally in truth and in sincere heartfelt prayer and study of HIS word.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by labiola: 9:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
My people perished for lack of knowledge. Someone wrote that Pastor Adewoye defends the issue of tithe in his Open heaven. Common sense demands that that book was written over a year ago, how can he be defending what is obvious. It your choice whether to give or not. At least, we have Pastors that told us tithe is not compulsory, choose between them and it shall be well with you.Enough of this tithing story joor.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by pkbams: 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
NuclearWinter:
Fake pastor.

If you were a true Christian as you claim, you will know the verse that states "no one comes to the father unless through me".

God does not speak directly to men since Jesus ascension.

There are no more prophets after Jesus and so whoever you spoke with is not th God of Bible but the same evil spirit that possessed Mohammed
bros you should have used Hebrew 1 vs 1-2 instead. it says God who in time past spoke unto the fathers by the prophets in this last days has spoken unto us by his son. Any doctrine that can not be supported by the words of Christ or His appointed apostles is not acceptable to God ( Ephesian 2 vs 20)
. As Christians we are not followers of Moses again but of Christ. the book of Hebrews chapters 6 to 9 reveal that.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Onku dey your house

Look at your profile, is there any need for all the grammar in there?.
Please dont make me call you out to be a hypocrite.

You better get use to it and thank me later
Until good sense and the right thing about the revolutionary way of giving,
where believers are instructed or urged in 2 Corinthians 9:7, to do, is learned, grammar will continue fall
hahahahahahahah oya Call me hypocrite na cheesy cheesy
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by budaatum: 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
The king said to him, “Do you not think that Bel is a living god? Do you not see how much he eats and drinks every day?” And Daniel laughed, and said, “Do not be deceived, O king, for this thing is only clay inside and bronze outside, and it never ate or drank anything.”

Then the king was angry and called the priests of Bel[b] and said to them, “If you do not tell me who is eating these provisions, you shall die.  But if you prove that Bel is eating them, Daniel shall die, because he has spoken blasphemy against Bel.” Daniel said to the king, “Let it be done as you have said.”

Daddy Freeze and the Dragon
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Darnyelx: 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
otokx:
Stop tithe in Nigeria and see 95% of business churches fold up.

Even Jesus needed money to run His ministry. If not why did they have savings and not give all the money they had to the poor because i know they were enough poor people He could have given. The truth is that His church can never crumble. The church is getting stronger
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by sweetcocoa(f): 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
obatoro:

Stop saying rubbish and keep shut, you have no place here, this thread is for Christians.
C'mon sharaway you. angry
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Darnyelx: 10:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
Angel1696:
I think that God is using daddy freeze to expose our fraudulent men not called by God

I believe If God wants to correct His people He knows how to do it. He is orderly . Read throughh the bible, even in the new testament He uses His elect to pass across His message and it comes to bring unity not destruction
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by marvin902(m): 10:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lightening:

You insist that tithing is biblical. But you do not want to also accept how the bible want tithe to be administered. What they do with tithe money should be what the Bible contemplated; therefore it is our business to remind them.

who are you giving the money to..
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Darnyelx: 11:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
labiola:
My people perished for lack of knowledge. Someone wrote that Pastor Adewoye defends the issue of tithe in his Open heaven. Common sense demands that that book was written over a year ago, how can he be defending what is obvious. It your choice whether to give or not. At least, we have Pastors that told us tithe is not compulsory, choose between them and it shall be well with you.Enough of this tithing story joor.
I think it proves that God knew all these were going to come up by this time and has given a word for it
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by otokx(m): 11:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
Ken4Christ:

You are very wrong. Daddy Freeze didn't make any thing clearer. He only spoke what you wanted to hear. You can't use the Law of Moses to judge the New Testament Church. Our faith in tithing is not because it is contained in the Law. It is because our father Abraham tithed when there was no law. And he gave the tithe to Melchizedec was is like Jesus.

If Daddy Freeze is using the practice under the Law to judge the Church on what we should do with our tithe, he should also use the same law to judge himself in many other ways.

The law says we should keep the Sabbath day Holy and violation is punishable by death. How many Sabbath has Daddy Freeze kept Holy?

We are not obliged as a Church to strictly follow the pattern under the Law but we can draw a moral lesson out of it. And some Churches today have begun to give back to the society and members one way or the other. I am aware of a Church that runs a free school, free restaurant and free boutique. The money he gets to do that is from the tithe paid.

Instead of attacking tithe payment, what we should address is the proper management of the fund. It is primarily for workers in the house of God and secondarily for benevolence. Any excess can be used to advance the course of the gospel.

Whoever withdraws his tithe because of Daddy Freeze submissions is a big fool. They are disaster about to happen. This same people will run back to the church very soon asking for mercy when they begin to experience the repercussion of their errors.

A Christian using the word big fool.

2 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Ken4Christ: 1:12am On Dec 04, 2017
otokx:

A Christian using the word big fool.

You will give account of every idle words you speak and comments you make.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by MightySparrow: 2:55am On Dec 04, 2017
donbenie:
Am sure both you and ALL the Daddy GOs read Freezes original article on the issue of Tithing in which he buttressed his points based on Biblical verses backing up his claim..
Why don't you and your Daddy GOs debunk his claim based on the said verses with your own perspective instead of whipping up sentiments,character assassinations and emotional blackmail..
GOD PERSONALLY CONVINCED ME TITHING IS RIGHT,that is what your CON MEN can come up with in defense of their SCAM..#FREETHESHEEPLE

The man freeze is not making sense scrpturakly. In fact, I am very shocked that some pastors answer him.

.Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.Proverb 26:4.

If you have something reasonable to discuss about tithing start now. If you are not making sense also, I will treat you according to this verse quoted above.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Empiree: 3:29am On Dec 04, 2017
Goshen360:
gns
Adeboye is fraud. Did you watch his church service that circulated last week where he demanded One billion naira {#1,000,000,000} to receive "blessing"?. He goes further to say whoever can not afford that should come up with One Hundred Million {#100,000,000} shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by chngebeginwthme: 7:50am On Dec 04, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Father Abraham gave tithes.
Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

His death only grants us divine pardon from the immediate consequences of sin.

I stand with Daddy G.O

Did Jesus pay or collected tithe?
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by donbenie(m): 8:03am On Dec 04, 2017
MightySparrow:

The man freeze is not making sense scrpturakly. In fact, I am very shocked that some pastors answer him.

.Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.Proverb 26:4.

If you have something reasonable to discuss about tithing start now. If you are not making sense also, I will treat you according to this verse quoted above.

The refuge of the intellectually bereft is to take the Moral High Ground..obviously a man who backs up his assertions Biblically does not make any sense to you,maybe because he doesn't call himself a Bishop..
But you're very much in support of the a man whose REASONABLE claim to why Tithing is right is because God personally told him so,because he calls himself a Bishop..
Do me the pleasure of reading the below article and lets hear your REASONABLE take on that..

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/dont-persecute-daddy-freeze-tithing-today-scam/

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by MightySparrow: 8:18am On Dec 04, 2017
donbenie:
Am sure both you and ALL the Daddy GOs read Freezes original article on the issue of Tithing in which he buttressed his points based on Biblical verses backing up his claim..
Why don't you and your Daddy GOs debunk his claim based on the said verses with your own perspective instead of whipping up sentiments,character assassinations and emotional blackmail..
GOD PERSONALLY CONVINCED ME TITHING IS RIGHT,that is what your CON MEN can come up with in defense of their SCAM..#FREETHESHEEPLE

God Himself is a reasonable being...

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord.......Isa. 1: 18

Like Him I cherish reasonable people and discursion.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by pavy(m): 8:30am On Dec 04, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Tither you have been spotted.

Happy now?

By sheep I meant the animal as it is. Senseless by nature. Not thinking. If one enters fire, the rest follow it.

The instruction you gave was from the old testament. How many Old Testament instructions are still followed till now?

I'm not even sure you know what the word contradiction means.

I will make this easy for you, quote one verse from the entire Bible where Jesus condemned payment of tithes. Jesus said, I have not come to abolish the law and the prophets, but to fulfil them...and tithing is a part of the law.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Investnow2017: 9:09am On Dec 04, 2017
pavy:

I will make this easy for you, quote one verse from the entire Bible where Jesus condemned payment of tithes. Jesus said, I have not come to abolish the law and the prophets, but to fulfil them...and tithing is a part of the law.

This is a very unfortunate shift from the main issue at hand. The issue is not so much about tithing. It is using the Bible to promote a personal opinion with a view to benefitting materially or financially in the process. THAT IS WHAT IS WRONG.

Where did the Bible command that Christians are cursed or doomed if they do not pay tithe? And how would God bypass his SEALED WORD, the Bible to tell someone something contrary to his inspired word? Why the unusual emphasis on money, money, money in your churches? Why is God's blessings always measured in monetary terms? Those who call themselves men of God, when did God call them? How where they called? They were called to do what?

These are questions to confront. At the last book of the Bible, the book of Revelation chapter 22: 18 & 19 God sealed his word, making us to understand that his WORD is complete. In other words, what we need to know about him in order to be saved are contained in his word. Why, therefore, would someone come around to say God has told him something, outside his COMPLETE word?
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 9:54am On Dec 04, 2017
Empiree:
Adeboye is fraud. Did you watch his church service that circulated last week where he demanded One billion naira {#1,000,000,000} to receive "blessing"?. He goes further to say whoever can not afford that should come up with One Hundred Million {#100,000,000} shocked shocked shocked

I must get on the phone and ask Pastor Adejale Adebole whether he might consider offering group discount rates whereby considerate price cuts can be offered to large groups of sheeple like me, who wish to purchase reserved seats on the right side of Jeeeeesus in Heaven, yet pay for the privilege in accordance with our means to honor that holy debt.

If Eunuch Adejale Adebole is requesting a nominal 100 million naira gate-fee for guaranteed entry into Heaven with seating allocations, I would like to inquire whether all 85 members of my extended family can buy our tickets to Heaven at a group-discounted rate of say twenty naira each, paid in yearly installments, as an affordable alternative to robbing a bank in order to raise the original figure of 100 million naira EACH, that has been demanded in writing by Pastor Adebole, from his flock of sheep ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by HeyCorleone(m): 11:01am On Dec 04, 2017
pavy:

He never condemned it the same he never touched that subject. But what we have today is Churches were the AOB is tithe and nothing more.. imagine the confusion in Christianity, where Adeboye is saying God told him that tithe is compulsory and Odukoya is saying otherwise, but they were allegedly called by the same God.

And you wonder why atheists don't take us serious.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by chukstel(m): 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
0temSapien:
Lol. God Almighty is beyond someone or something that will speak with you oga Ade. Rastus has already told us about your likes who make much wealth by using the brains of the weak. Hmm.

Please which religion is this. I want to know more about it.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by 0temSapien: 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2017
chukstel:

Please which religion is this. I want to know more about it.
It's not a religion. But if you want to know more, read the DOCTUFOS.
https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by nwatthu(m): 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2017
Abeg, give us biblical vrses to support it, dont tell us to do what is not written biko
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2017
Ken4Christ:

Unfortunately, many of your kind on this forum doesn't believe or teach you guys tithe because of Abraham. If they say such, they NEVER stick to just Abraham example but they still run to law tithe to threaten folks. The SAME THING you doing at the end of your post here.

Who forced, commanded Abraham to tithe and who threatened Abraham with curse or calamities or repercussions like you said in the end of your post. Leave Christians alone to give according to grace given to them and what the decide in their heart to give....because every giving is always a certain percentage of one's income.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Ken4Christ: 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2017
Goshen360:

Unfortunately, many of your kind on this forum doesn't believe or teach you guys tithe because of Abraham. If they say such, they NEVER stick to just Abraham example but they still run to law tithe to threaten folks. The SAME THING you doing at the end of your post here.

Who forced, commanded Abraham to tithe and who threatened Abraham with curse or calamities or repercussions like you said in the end of your post. Leave Christians alone to give according to grace given to them and what the decide in their heart to give....because every giving is always a certain percentage of one's income.

I did not threaten anyone. I just unveiled a spiritual principle. Remember what happened to Anaias and Saphira? They voluntered to give the proceed from their land but yielded to temptation to keep back of their money. They both died. There was no law but they suffered from their errors. So, if you already pay tithe and withdraw or stop it, you are setting yourself up for destruction. In spiritual things, you dont retire, you refire.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 6:37pm On Dec 04, 2017
Ken4Christ:

I did not threaten anyone. I just unveiled a spiritual principle. Remember what happened to Anaias and Saphira? They voluntered to give the proceed from their land but yielded to temptation to keep back of their money. They both died. There was no law but they suffered from their errors. So, if you already pay tithe and withdraw or stop it, you are setting yourself up for destruction. In spiritual things, you dont retire, you refire.

That's not the case with them....they lied to the holy spirit. Stop saying fearful stuff to church people like you're not different from what malachi said
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Ken4Christ: 7:10pm On Dec 04, 2017
Goshen360:

That's not the case with them....they lied to the holy spirit. Stop saying fearful stuff to church people like you're not different from what malachi said

What is the difference between what most professing believers do today compared with what Ananias and his wife did? The warnings are necessary to help the humble ones. The foolish ones will ignore the warnings and continue in their foolishness.

The Bible is full of rebukes and warnings. So, it is absolutely scriptural to warn people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman's 38 Prophecies For 2021 / Imam Suleiman Njoku & His Reverend Sister, Celebrate Christmas Together / Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Gives Back Tithes, Offering To Nigerians, Donates N300M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.