Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (63349 Views)

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Thylord(m): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2017
delugajackson:
This man is funny. Why is he trying so hard to defend himself?

I'm sure this issue has caused him many sleepless nights. I call that the "cost of doing business". You wanna be in business, you gotta pay the cost of doing business. And when the cost gets too high, you get out of business.

But trust me, he would never want that to happen, he would rather propagate more lies and turn the bible upside down to please his gullible followers until Jesus Christ shows up.
until jesus christ shows up.are you for real.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by emmygzy(m): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
Hebrew7: 6-9

6And those descendants of Levi who receive the priestly office have a commandment in the law to take tithes from the people, that is, from their brothers, though these also are descended from Abraham.

7) But this man who does not have his descent from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.

8 ) It is beyond dispute that the inferior is blessed by the superior.

9) In the one case tithes are received by mortal men, but in the other case, by one of whom it is testified that he lives.

I rest my case!
stop quoting half of the bible. Quote all, that chapter is trying to explain something. Don't misinterpret the bible. Its

2 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by CyberFury: 10:02am On Dec 03, 2017
Last I checked God didn't note down any account number in the bible.

So I can tell you this idea of tithe is something that came up along the line, and became a law that people like Adeboye are willing to die to uphold because that's what fuels their private jets.

They tell us to pay tithe and we pay, and they build schools with the money and then make the fees unattainable for the poor masses that paid to have these schools built.

Your kid gets sick and they ask you to bring him to the church for prayers only releasing the poor kid when he's at the point of death, but when their kid gets sick he's flown out of the country in a private jet to a top notch hospital.

God has given us brain, and as such expects us to make use of it from time to time. Not making use of your senses is in fact a sin.

You keep fueling private jets and putting food on people's tables, while you can't take care of your wife and kids.

Please stop allowing green algae to cover your brain due to lack of mental activity.

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by dermmy(m): 10:03am On Dec 03, 2017
sokunji:
Na wa oh. How can open heaven written last year be a direct response to the present debate on tithe issues. Pastor Adeboye Is truly a man of God.

No one is saying he's a man of the devil, the tithing subject always show on open heavens every year, if you can leaf back the pages of this year's open heavens you would see tithing subject again and again.

And because it showed up at this time of heated argument on tithing doesn't mean GOD ordained it or are u saying GOD himself wrote and edited open heavens? Study ur bible and let the holy spirit open ur eyes

5 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Lomprico2: 10:04am On Dec 03, 2017
So o! You and God dey sidon gist?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Diso60090(m): 10:05am On Dec 03, 2017
Some people dey inside church still dey comments and with their tithes in side their pocket and they forget to tell their pastor wetin he mate TBJ do** na that one dey pain meee

2 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Atk1nson(m): 10:07am On Dec 03, 2017
sureheaven:
Going to church, paying tithes and offerings is a thing of option. If u don't believe in what baba said, don't go to his church, go to somewhere else or better still establish ur own church and serve ur God the way u believe instead of giving urself headache or criticize him always.

"The Church" does not belong to him, it belongs to Christ and Christ's message is for the world. If anybody running a purported-church cannot deal with that, he/she should change it to something else.

None of the disciples used the platform provided by benevolence in the Church to become fifthly wealthy in their time ( I guess they were not as smart or inspired as the pastors of today not to do that). Early disciplines were more concerned about spreading the word of God and helping people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by tosyne2much(m): 10:07am On Dec 03, 2017
This issue of tithe is becoming something else. Tithe is what every Christian should deem right to pay but the rate at which the church is so concerned about money these days is really going out of hand.

Tithe should not always be in monetary form. A farmer could donate raw foods for the church as a form of tithe. A tailor could give out clothes for members of the church to save them from unclothedness.

These days, all people talk about is money money money and money and will back it up with threats, fire and brimstone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Grace001: 10:08am On Dec 03, 2017
How come Jesus Christ who is the author and the finisher of our faith didn't have that same CONVICTION , how come great apostle like Paul, James etc including old Christians didn't had that same CONVICTION . I'm Christ follower not DADDY GO follower. In as much I didn't read it in the bible that Jesus Christ and other old Christians (apostle Paul, Silas, James) pay tithe or collected tithe I'm not following one DADDY G.O

Why is it that it is only these money focused pastors(new generational churches) that are so bothered and pained about this tithe issue. Why is the Orthodox churches such as Catholic, Anglican etc are not bothered, pained or say anything about tithing(tithe). It said it all that all these generational churches pastors are only after money,the rate at which they are so bothered about it make it seem like tithe is important than SALVATION. Salvation seem to be less important, but tithe is so paramount to them. Money worshipers

6 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by sunkieisland(m): 10:10am On Dec 03, 2017
The same way you can't condemn people taking up to 15-20 green bottles daily, its their money , you didn't work. with them or for them,

you should leave us to keep paying our tithes, after all I don't work in your company neither is your money part of it.

I give my tithe to God. no questions asked. I'm not God's auditor.

Leave the real sheeple. any so called Christian believing all these FRZ opinions, doesn't really believe in Christ.

You can quote me but you are on your own
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by marvin902(m): 10:11am On Dec 03, 2017
those that are insulting daddy adeboye..
I hail all of you..
anything concerning men of God life has taught me to thread with caution
nobody is forcing anyone to pay tithe so why are some people so pained face your life and leave others..
and it won't be surprising if majority of people complaining here are Muslims and the rest are just half baked Christians
and to those paying tithe your giving it to God not to any man what they do with it is none of your business so don't allow any half baked Christian deceive you
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Edesinpayan(m): 10:12am On Dec 03, 2017
MightySparrow:

Read today Open Heaven. You will see Bible reference there.

However, where you there when God spoke to any of the writers of the Bible¿ I sense hypocrisy.

God speaks to men through the Bible... or are u saying there is need to rewrite another ?

4 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by IslamicRebel: 10:12am On Dec 03, 2017
Africans are so dumb to reason for themselves
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Father Abraham gave tithes.
Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

His death only grants us divine pardon from the immediate consequences of sin.

I stand with Daddy G.O

Daddy G.O is rattled, things will never be the same again, their financial tally has been rocked and they are now coming out with the details of his so called personal phone call with God. My friend, the Bible is ultimate guide book on this issue and we know what it says concerning tithes, we will not be fooled anymore.
By the way, what's daddy G.O doing about our brothers and sisters held as slaves in Libya, any word??

3 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nigeriadondie: 10:13am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

I stand with Daddy G.O

As usual thieves wants to continue to build, expand and maintain their investment to the detriment of the gullible followers so the constant emphasis on tithing.

Tithes is not scritptural. It was instituted to support the tribe of Levi who had no inheritance in the land. Numbers12:21,24. They were to serve as priest in the tarbenacle and later in the temple. Also, the priests were to give a tenth of what they got. Numbers 10:37. If a Jew were to give cash instead of farm produce the he adds 5% of value. Leviticus27:31. Also the tithes were used to support vulnerable members of the society. Deuteronomy 14:28,29 and Deuteronomy 26:12.

We are no longer under the law of Moses and as such no need for a literal temple no sacrifices and no priests and logically no tithing which was to support the priests. Take for example we dont observe sabbath, we dont make animal sacrifice, we dont need to circumcise cos we are not under the law of Moses same with tithes. Acts15:1-6, Hebrews 7:27; Hebrews 9:12-14. The temple was already destroyed by the Romans as Jesus foretold Matthew 23:37,38; Luke 21:20-24; Ephesians 2:15; Colosians 2:13,14
The shift from the law of Moses to the law of Christ make GIVING VOLUNTARY NOT COMPULSORY. Luke 6:38; Luke 18:22; Acts 20:35

Also Paul emphasized same point 2Corinthians 8:12-15 and 2 Corinthians 9:7

The apostles never depended on tithes and as such never enriched themselves and were not a financial burden to others. 1 Thessolonians 2:6-9; 2 Thessolonians 3:6-12; Phillipians 4:11-13. Rather, Paul like others had to work to care for his needs even though he could use his position to depend on others. Acts18:1-3. Paul himself had to work not only for himself but to donate to others in need. Acts 11:27-30
Tithes is a ploy by theives "god if men" not men of God to exploit gullible people.
The video link below says it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY

When u give tithes u dont give God money, u only fuel the exotic cars of those men while u trek, u pay for their mansions while u struggle to pay for ur face me i face you, u contribute to their universities which u cant afford to send your wards, u maintain their private jets while you struggle to fuel your car if u have any.
Read Acts 20:29,30; Philipians 3:19; Titus 1:11; 2 Timothy 4:3,4.

Chuches have become family investment or business enterprises. When they die, their wives or children takes over. Look at Church of God mission as an example. Their wives becomes Pastors Bishops Revrends when woman ought not to teach. Read 1 Corinthians 14:34,35 and 1 Timothy 2:11,12.
https://ask.naij.com/society/children-of-bishop-david-oyedepo-who-are-they-i26062.html

For the truth on tithing visit www.jw.org. You can read it in whatever language u understand better lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Flexherbal(m): 10:13am On Dec 03, 2017
IMASTEX:
It is in human nature to protect and defend his source of income. If their interest is truly for God. They won't be having this much interest in tithing against salvation & love messages. How come the Pentecostals are the main body fighting & grieving about tithing. Are there no Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, etc. Who obviously were the earliest churches from where these Pentecostals broke out from. Why didn't they unite like this to fight the social ills in the society. I see businessmen fight to survive their businesses period.
However, the matters of Christianity are loaded in the bible. Study it for yourself and act according to your own understanding not what others interpret for you because if you so depend on your pastor's interpretations. Then you need to ask yourself, why do we have so many denominations?

There are other issues that require the attention of Christians.
Why must they all focus on tithing.

The no2 man in Nigeria, is a Pastor. Yet, there is still a high level of corruption in the system, which this same man comes out openly to defend.

The issue of boko haram is there. Can't they Chanel this energy to praying for peace in that region?
So many churches have relocated from that region. Nobody is ready to die for the sake of the gospel, again.

The bible has stated what tight should be used for:

Deuteronomy 14

NIV:28. At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,

NIV:29. so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Are they using it for those purposes?

Malachi 3:10
NIV:Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house...

Can we still say there is food in the store house today?
How many people have they been feeding from the store house?

We are not against contributing money in places of worship, we are only concern about the usage.
Any organization/ body needs money to function well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Abudu2000(m): 10:15am On Dec 03, 2017
EliteBiz:

Blah blah blah! I will pay my tithe always, G.O doesn't need ur respect, nairalanders can have it
who will even take a pastor like u Serious grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by melejo(m): 10:17am On Dec 03, 2017
Most of the people making these posts are Muslims, they have no business with the church, they are allowed freely to comment on every church-related topic. But when it comes to Islamic topic you will need to sign undertaken before you coment

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Billygee2u: 10:17am On Dec 03, 2017
HeyCorleone:
What Christians need is personal conviction.

Only a sheep would do something because their G.O says it's right.

These people are fighting so hard. Things would never be the same again.

Thanks to minds like FRZ who've made things clearer to Nigerians.

But trust me a lot of them won't still adhere, like the poster above me.

I believe what God wants from us is Charity works rather than tithes and offerings as highlighted by Jesus in Matthew 25:31—46 ..

it's not that tithe is not written in the bible,
actually ,God commanded us to pay it.
but the problem which I discovered and which FREEZE is tackling is the method of tithing in this generation.
the system and practice of tithing according to the bible,has been changed and abused by this generation.
God bless Freeze for standing out.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by oglalasioux(m): 10:17am On Dec 03, 2017
God tells you things only you can benefit from. And you can't even ask God why he always give Nigeria stupid leaders. You discuss just tithe with him and that's all. Continue.

5 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Ever8054: 10:18am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Jacob gave his tithe.

I stand with Daddy G.O
sir..can you help me understand vs12 of the chapter you just quoted..?..it says,..since there is a change of priest hood,there is also a need that the law should be change.mind you that the only people God instructed to receive tithe were the levitical priest hood and if in the vs 12 of that same heb.7 you quote, Paul made us to understand that the priest hood is change.so y won't the things accord them too should go with them?..

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 03, 2017
emrain:
Self-destruct mode activated.... Finally Nigeria will be great very soon.
So Nigeria problem lies in tithe & offering ??
So the inhuman shedding of innocent bloods in Nigeria,especially,the Northern region ,has being the problem of tithe ...So,the mismanagement of allocations in all the sector of the Nigeria economy lies in tithe ,right ?? So the broad day light kidnapping which has become the order of the day ,is now suddenly the effect of tithe,abi So,the political "thugery" in Nigeria is now tithe that causes it So,Buhari led administration which has being underperforming since assuming office in now tithe that causes ...That begs the obvious question,why will Nigeria be great again when we are focusing on the "tertiary" problem ? Not even secondary & the primary problems o....smh
Nigerians blaming anything blameable just so they appear patriotic,rather than facing & fighting the primary issues at hand that has brought us to where we are now in these country !
#AnotherDoubleStandardHypocrite!!
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Abudu2000(m): 10:19am On Dec 03, 2017
MightySparrow:

Where was the houseof Melchizedek?
lwkmd savage u are
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by kudosamass(m): 10:21am On Dec 03, 2017
Oga Pastor, the Bible is the the Supreme Authority in Christianism, from where every other authority, practices and beliefs take their authority and validity. Quot biblical verses to validate your argument. The other guys you guys are demonizing has been copiously quoting the Bible to back up his arguments. It is rather curious that you people that are deeply versed in biblical science have refused to back up your claims with any biblical verse; rather you are still running around sentiments, blackmail and mysticism.

It was a German Monk, Martin Luther that questioned the Authority of the Papacy. That Question gave us Protestantism, Reformation and Counter Reformation in Christendom. It lead to the Enlightenment of the Middle Age. It liberated man from the shackles and manacles of his own mind. The evolution of Industrialization can be traced to this mental liberation.

The Pentecostal Church of Nigeria is a beneficiary of a disagreement in the Protestant Church of Nigeria. That particular disagreement gave us Daddy this, Daddy that. It gave us all these Supersonic Jet loving pastors and miracle practitioners. It lead to the proliferation of Ultra Modern churches in Nigeria. It laid the foundation of exportation of Christian Science from Nigeria to other parts of the World. It created another set of elite in Nigeria- the Christian super-rich elites; mainly found in the Pentecostal churches. Who says the question raised by Daddy Freeze differed from those raised by Martin Luther and the Nigerian Pentecostal Church? Mankind benefited a lot from previous questions and it is very likely than the Nigerian man is going to greatly benefit from this one.

So, my question is why must we crucify Daddy Freeze for raising questions on a practice that has no Biblical Authority other than authority from the abstraction of the minds of the proponents?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by iamtardey: 10:22am On Dec 03, 2017
what's he saying? undecided
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by NEIGHBOUR(m): 10:23am On Dec 03, 2017
I pray that Dr Femi Aribisala who is a pastor will help us to shed more light on this issue of Tithe. His books are really thought provoking on Tithe.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Jacob gave his tithe.

I stand with Daddy G.O

U need to make use of ur sense on every matter relating to God, U don't just believe what a Pastor said on any matter, U simply pick up ur Bible and read up everything about tithing and practice it as God prescribed in the Bible.
Deuteronomy 26 vs 12.
Deuteronomy 14 vs 28.
These Scriptures says it all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Abudu2000(m): 10:23am On Dec 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Tithe should simply be banned in churches..... Those willing to tithe, should simply pick a charitable organisation and fund them......
god bless you for this...there are so many kids who can't even go to school. If you pick one ophan and decide to fund his or her primary School , haven't you done something for yourself and the country too??

2 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by HeyCorleone(m): 10:24am On Dec 03, 2017
Billygee2u:

it's not that tithe is not written in the bible,
actually ,God commanded us to pay it.
but the problem which I discovered and which FREEZE is tackling is the method of tithing in this generation.
the system and practice of tithing according to the bible,has been changed and abused by this generation.
God bless Freeze for standing out.

Exactly my point.

And there needs to be transparency and accountability. People deserve to know what the tithe money is used for. You can't tell me because I'm giving to God so I need not know what my money is being used for. That's nonsense. God gave us a brain to think these matters but unfortunately some would rather leave it to their G.Os.

2 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by MEILYN(m): 10:25am On Dec 03, 2017
Why won't tithing be right when you are at the receiving end.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 03, 2017
1 TIMOTHY 6:1-END SHOULD GUIDE YOU

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 03, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/02/god-convinced-tithing-right-adeboye-speaks/
which of the god ...African one or European one that taught u the organised religion or yahoo...yahoo god that bless nigeria scammer..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Caught Drinking Holy Communion Wine After Stealing It From Church In Lagos / Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Gives Back Tithes, Offering To Nigerians, Donates N300M / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.