Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming (23571 Views)

COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ / About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon / Second Coming Of Jesus Still Most Likely Between 2030-2040 AD - Don Koenig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by josielewa(m): 9:25am On Dec 03, 2017
karli4nia:

Humanity is in the 5th Aryan root race..so its gonna b the end of this 5th race...like the previous 4..then a new 6the race inhabiting a new earth wld begin.
The 4th was depicted in the bible as story of Noah and the ark...that was the end of Atlantis..

The end of this race has nothing to do with Jesus Christ or ony Christianity. Every other religion has a scripture abt the end. It cuts across every religion and every human soul wld be judged by the same criteria- which is Holiness,purity of mind and heart, spiritual goodness- love... Etc

There is no religion in Eternity- just pure love and the law.
At least u understand...if they had studied all memo about the ww2 and history very well, they would all have gotten to understand that humanity predates the garden of eden which is about 6000yrs ago according to the bible...even the chinese dynasty predates the history of the bible...hitler was even on a mission to know if he belongs to the aryan race....very extinct and advanced race...pple dont read and believe every story being told..
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by jbtobsyn(m): 9:26am On Dec 03, 2017
oodua1stson:
When I see adults discussing rapture and second coming like it's actually a real thing grin grin

Get over yourself. Your Jesus is dead and gone. Never coming now or forever.

Grow up
U are a big fool.I pity your life and the seeds that will come from you
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by K08(m): 9:47am On Dec 03, 2017
josielewa:
rapture or second coming...be dreaming...what will happen is climatic change and extinction of some species....men will be living in mars soonest..will rapture happen in mars...oga OP pls u guys should channel your energy on something else...this is the sixth time the planet is going through mass extinction....so gerrit in ya head...
The sixth time the planet is going through extinction? Please, explain.
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by josielewa(m): 9:57am On Dec 03, 2017
K08:

The sixth time the planet is going through extinction? Please, explain.
you can google it and read more books...it will help you better
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by BlackAce31(m): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2017
kay29000:

Don't worry about me, I am a warrior. I'll survive in forest till the second coming. wink
Abi ooo me n u will go n arrange one cave wia we will hide
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by kay29000(m): 10:05am On Dec 03, 2017
BlackAce31:

Abi ooo me n u will go n arrange one cave wia we will hide

Yes. And we will kill and roast rabbits to survive.
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 03, 2017
Interesting15:
Many Christians are yet to have an appropriate knowledge about the Rapture and The Second Coming of Jesus Christ, and there are some Christians who are even thinking they are the same.

First of all, we need to know that The Rapture and The Second Coming are two different events that will happen at different times.

The Rapture (from the Latin verb 'rapere', which means 'to transport from one place to another') is the catching up of all believers for a glorious meeting with Christ in the air.

"Behold I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed - in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." (1 Corinthians 15:51-53).

Also see 1 Thessalonians chapter 4: 15-17

So, The Rapture comes first, and is an event whereby the Lord Jesus comes for His Saints (dead and living), and we shall meet Him in the air.

The Saints are those who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives and are living in holiness. The Saints are those that are living a CONSISTENT holy and godly lifestyle, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. They are the ones who will be transformed to meet Jesus in the air, while unbelievers and lukewarm Christians will be left behind.

Now, after the rapture, the Saints will proceed into the sky to participate in the marriage feast of the Lamb, where rewards would be given to everyone present according to his/her deeds on earth.

What Happens To Those Left Behind?

Immediately after the rapture, the Great Tribulation will begin, and the Antichrist will be given power to torment those left behind. The Antichrist will force people to receive the mark of the beast (666) either on their forehead or arm.

Those that won't receive it would be vehemently tormented: They won't be able to buy and sell, they will suffer violent persecutions with no one to help. And according to the graphic illustration given by the Lord Jesus about the Great Tribulation (Matthew 24:15-28), many won't be able to withstand the torments for long (that is, they can't help but to receive the mark of the beast)

BUT: THOSE THAT WILL RECEIVE THE MARK OF THE BEAST WILL BE ETERNALLY DAMNED IN THE LAKE OF FIRE AT THE APPOINTED TIME.

Don't forget that while the tribulation is taking place on earth, the Saints that have been raptured are with Jesus Christ in the sky enjoying the marriage supper as well as their rewards.

THEN: At the end of the marriage supper in the sky and the Tribulation on earth, THE SECOND COMING will take place.

The Second Coming is the public revelation of Jesus Christ, when He comes WITH HIS SAINTS (those who have been previously raptured and have participated in the marriage supper in the sky) to set up the Millennium (see 1 Thessalonians 3:13 and Matthew 24: 29-31)

Here, those who have suffered just because they won't take the mark of the beast during the Great Tribulation, will now have a new hope.

My Advice:

Jesus said the day and hour of these events are not known, but will happen anytime, and it will come like a thief in the night. He gave us some signs we should watch out for, and if you look at the scriptures, you will see the signs keeps coming to pass (Please see Mark 13:

That means, if Jesus Christ can predict those things and TRUELY, they keeps coming to pass, then His promise of the rapture and second coming will also come to pass!

So, if you are yet to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, please do so now, as tommorow might be too late.

And for we that are already Christians, let us allow the belief that Jesus will return one day, to guide us within godly conducts.

How sure are you that you can withstand the torment of the Antichrist during the great tribulation? The best thing for you is to live a lifestyle of holiness that will make you rapturable with Jesus Christ, and go on with Him to enjoy the marriage supper.

The Lord asked me to tell you this:

"I stand at the door, I cometh, I cometh" Thus saith the Lord Of Host!

Oga pls keep ur confusion to ur self.
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by oodua1stson: 10:28am On Dec 03, 2017
jbtobsyn:

the awkward moment when you dropped dead right now and your evil...sorry loving and good god throws you in hell forever for insulting me grin

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by aikhimself: 10:35am On Dec 03, 2017
Interesting15:
Many Christians are yet to have an appropriate knowledge about the Rapture and The Second Coming of Jesus Christ, and there are some Christians who are even thinking they are the same.

First of all, we need to know that The Rapture and The Second Coming are two different events that will happen at different times.

The Rapture (from the Latin verb 'rapere', which means 'to transport from one place to another') is the catching up of all believers for a glorious meeting with Christ in the air.

"Behold I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed - in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." (1 Corinthians 15:51-53).

So, The Rapture comes first, and is an event whereby the Lord Jesus comes for His Saints (dead and living), and we shall meet Him in the air.

The Saints are those who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives and are living in holiness. The Saints are those that are living a CONSISTENT holy and godly lifestyle, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. They are the ones who will be transformed to meet Jesus in the air, while unbelievers and lukewarm Christians will be left behind.

Now, after the rapture, the Saints will proceed into the sky to participate in the marriage feast of the Lamb, where rewards would be given to everyone present according to his/her deeds on earth.

Immediately after the rapture, the Great Tribulation will begin, and the Antichrist will be given power to torment those left behind. The Antichrist will force people to receive the mark of the beast (666) either on their forehead or arm.

Those that won't receive it would be vehemently tormented: They won't be able to buy and sell, they will suffer violent persecutions with no one to help. And according to the graphic illustration given by the Lord Jesus about the Great Tribulation (Matthew 24:15-28), many won't be able to withstand the torments for long (that is, they can't help but to receive the mark of the beast)

BUT: THOSE THAT WILL RECEIVE THE MARK OF THE BEAST WILL BE ETERNALLY DAMNED IN THE LAKE OF FIRE AT THE APPOINTED TIME.

Don't forget that while the tribulation is taking place on earth, the Saints that have been raptured are with Jesus Christ in the sky enjoying the marriage supper as well as their rewards.

THEN: At the end of the marriage supper in the sky and the Tribulation on earth, THE SECOND COMING will take place.

The Second Coming is the public revelation of Jesus Christ, when He comes WITH HIS SAINTS (those who have been previously raptured and have participated in the marriage supper in the sky) to set up the Millennium (see 1 Thessalonians 3:13 and Matthew 24: 29-31)

Here, those who have suffered just because they won't take the mark of the beast during the Great Tribulation, will now have a new hope.

My Advice:

Jesus said the day and hour of these events are not known, but will happen anytime, and it will come like a thief in the night. He gave us some signs we should watch out for, and if you look at the scriptures, you will see the signs keeps coming to pass (Please see Mark 13:

That means, if Jesus Christ can predict those things and TRUELY, they keeps coming to pass, then His promise of the rapture and second coming will also come to pass!

So, if you are yet to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, please do so now, as tommorow might be too late.

And for we that are already Christians, let us allow the belief that Jesus will return one day, to guide us within godly conducts.

How sure are you that you can withstand the torment of the Antichrist during the great tribulation? The best thing for you is to live a lifestyle of holiness that will make you rapturable with Jesus Christ, and go on with Him to enjoy the marriage supper.

The false pretribulation lies exposed

Matthew 24.29.....
Says immediately after the tribulation.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmZHDb_sP8
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by fasterwell(m): 10:38am On Dec 03, 2017
Interesting15:
Please, open your hearts to these teachings.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

God bless you!!

THIS IS TOTAL FALSEHOOD AND NOT BIBLICAL.

IT IS THEREFORE A TRASH
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by fasterwell(m): 10:40am On Dec 03, 2017
Interesting15:

My Advice:

TRASH
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by Olumaeme: 10:48am On Dec 03, 2017
Seems the Bible even confuse you Christians the more because it will say something on one side and say another somewhere.

There's nothing like rapture or second coming of any sort, when you die, you are dead, u are not rising to anywhere...
And mind you the world will not come to an end, it will continue like this till infinity, only human beings will come and go
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by Charlesberry(m): 11:19am On Dec 03, 2017
Ndubuisi1075:
First of all, rapture is not scriptural. It is nowhere found in the Bible rather it is a word depicting the event that would take place at Christ's return. Just like one of the commentators said, the coming of the Lord is visible. "All eyes shall see Him, even those who pierced Him.
Again, there no backup for rapture talk less of secret rapture even though you did not state it clearly but that is where you are going. God's people are been deceived all the time but we are wiser.
Concerning the 666, the Bible says that " it is the number of a man". Ask yourself. Who is that man? Paul calls him the son of perdition who sits in the church and exalt himself like the most high. Now listen. Have you ever heard the Roman inscription of the most respected in World and in the Christendom, VICARIUS FILII DEI?
Let's go.

[center]V=5.
I=1 F=0. D=500
E=0
I=1
I=1
L=50
I=1
I=1
C=100
A=0
R=0
I=1
U=5
S=0[/center]

Forgive my arrangement above. The sum of the above gives you 666. Who then is addressed as the Vicar of the son of God and sits in the house of God? Remember, "it is the number of a man".
The Bible state, " He that has understanding let him count the number of the beast for it is the number of a man" not demon.
Well, we all shall not come to the full knowledge of God until He comes.
Lastly like you stated. The son of God will not come until there tribulations are over. Intact, the bible talked about a particular one that will usher His coming. If you doubt, give your back up.

Can you throw more light. I need understanding with your opinion. Thank you
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by Tukor32: 11:46am On Dec 03, 2017
does it mean those that does not accept Christ as his personal lord and saviour(Christians) example Indians and Muslims will go to hell?
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by panmunium(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
Nice write-up God bless you brother
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by MOSICATED5(m): 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
Nonsense write up. Keeping teaching a satanic message not found in the Bible.
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by timojerry: 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
So-called "Signs of the End time" in the book of Mark 13 which OP and many Christians are always talking about are either too vague or redundant or signs right now actually point to the opposite. Let's examine them, shall we?

1. Many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and will deceive many.

The problem with the above "sign" is that there's absolutely NO Messiah that's claimed to be "he" and gathered massive following at least not recently

2. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.

Not only is the above "sign" totally redundant since there's always been "nation/kingdom against nation/kingdom" even in the time of Jesus but also objective signs point to the fact that the world is actually getting MORE PEACEFUL and historians say this period is the most peaceful humanity has ever been

3. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines.

This is also redundant cuz earthquakes has been happening since time immemorial before and after Jesus, also this civilisation and enlightenment combined with humanitarian aids has ensured the devastation wrought by earthquakes are now more manageable than ever; also, Jesus also seemed not to be aware of Earthquakes happening on other planets; Famine? that's also redundant cuz The most terrible famines in history are past famines with the most recent being the North Korea famine which happened in 1994

4. Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child. Children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death.

This is also redundant as it has always been happening even before Jesus reportedly said they're signs of endtime

as we can see, these verses are redundant or vague

CC Interesting15, Endtimegist

Op, you are entitled to say your opinion but what you have said isn't true. They ain't vague. Look at what is happening ad you will know that these signs are coming to pass. The op that posted said, if you have questions, ask and it will be answered.

I just wonder why people can't believe in God. It's just believing that He is. It's not hard, is it?
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by timojerry: 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:
The day one dies, they face their rapture...... If anyone thinks a collection of people would be ascending...... I blame Nollywood.......

He 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

1Thess 4:16-17 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

From your quote bro, i'm assuming you are a Christian. Why not search the scriptures and know what it says. Don't feign ignorance. God bless
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by talk2percy(m): 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
Wash...Religion Na Scam
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by timojerry: 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2017
missjane:
Absolutely wrong teaching @ OP.. this has been a long standing misunderstanding in the body of Christ..we should tell every saint to prepare for the great tribulation not the rapture..the rapture is the second coming of Christ which the Bible says that ALL EYES (including the pagans) WILL SEE HIM AND THE SAINTS WILL BE TRANSFORMED INSTANTLY TO MEET HIM IN THE SKY. The tribulation is aimed at making believer denounce Christ n not the unbelievers...

Many Christians will lament n blame their GO for not helping them prepare in time about this tribulation..while expecting Rapture ..the book of revelation throws more light on this topic..

No sis, all eyes would see Him but those that believe in Him would be transformed. The whole world would know that the rapture has taken place because all news outlet would carry it. Please read and understand the Bible well. How can you say we should prepare for the great tribulation? Ayam not understanding. The Bible is what you can read and understand. How can rapture be the second coming. Then when he comes after the great tribulation for the millenial reign, what would you call it? Where in Revelation was the rapture termed the second coming.
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by shadfoye: 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
Interesting15:

My Advice:

Thank you so much.God will bless u & ur households in Jesus Name. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by timojerry: 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
miqos02:
not true , second coming and rapture will happen simultaneously, read Matthew 24 from verse 3 well. 2Thessalonians is only explaining what Jesus said in details. Stop this misinformation. Jesus did not explain that way. The only authority on this matter is JESUS CHRIST.

No, it won't happen simultaneously. The disciples asked two questions. What Jesus described was what was going to happen after the rapture which is the great tribulation and also when He was going to come for the millenial reign.
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by hopefulLandlord: 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
timojerry:

Op, you are entitled to say your opinion but what you have said isn't true. They ain't vague. Look at what is happening ad you will know that these signs are coming to pass. The op that posted said, if you have questions, ask and it will be answered.

I just wonder why people can't believe in God. It's just believing that He is. It's not hard, is it?

why not calm down and read my post more clearly first before replying?
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by timojerry: 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
jbtobsyn:

You don't need to insult him bro. Just pray for him and his likes to know and accept the word and if He refuses, keep on praying.
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by peeps4u: 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
oodua1stson:
the awkward moment when you dropped dead right now and your evil...sorry loving and good god throws you in hell forever for insulting me grin

KWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWA.
Imagine someone verbally attacking and calling another man who doesnt believe in rapture a fool, would he make heaven if rapture came that moment?

1 Like

Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by timojerry: 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

why not calm down and read my post more clearly first before replying?

Brother, I was calm, I read with understanding and saw where you were coming from but your opinion to me didn't sound true. I'm not enforcing mine on you but search the scriptures and look at what is happening now. These are signs bro.
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by sendmeonly(m): 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
For the seekers of TRUTH this should help

I hope you open your hearts..

Link
http://www.wordcenter.org/Repentance/begin.htm
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by timojerry: 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
[quote author=Pidginwhisper post=62933441][/quote]

Be careful what you wish for.
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by Streetmade(m): 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
Thanks 4 dis great knowledge o.p
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by timojerry: 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
dontgiveupp:
I don't care.
I am a bloody athiest...
Your God that enjoys watching his own suffer. .
If on the last day heaven was actually real. .
I will majestically bounce to hell...

He that hardeneth his neck after being reproved severally shall suddenly be destroyed and that without remedy.

I'm not saying you'll be destroyed bro but understand your wish before casually saying it. Moreover you saying you are a bloody atheist, brother you ain't one, believe me. God bless

In other news
I buy itunes and amazon and other e-cards at a SEXY rate.
Check my signature and profile for more info
Re: Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming by miqos02(m): 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
timojerry:

No, it won't happen simultaneously. The disciples asked two questions. What Jesus described was what was going to happen after the rapture which is the great tribulation and also when He was going to come for the millenial reign.
quote the scripture where Jesus answered the rapture question, stop twisting the bible please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Purgatory In The Bible? / Funeral Arrangements Of Late Archbishop Humphrey Bamisebi Olumakaiye (Photo) / May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.