Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,724 members, 7,802,185 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (68926 Views)

D.K. Olukoya's 2018 Prophecies And The Way Out / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Perceptor(m): 12:57am On Dec 04, 2017
My worry about this issue is the replies frm the men of God. They havent been able to explain anythin from the Word of God viewpoint. The truth is that the love God has for us is far beyound tithe and offering or anything we think we do to win God's favor. The greatest blessing or gift from God to mankind is that of salvation through Jesus Christ but did u get this gift by paying tithe or offering? No. We received d gift wen we were still sinners. If God so loved us wen were still sinners that he gave us such a wonderful gift, why then wuld u think he will be angry wt u now if u dont pay tithe or offering. Paying tithe or offering is not the issue, the issue is God loves us and he wants us to know him, come to him and have an intimate relationship wt him THEN everythin u do will be done genuily frm your heart towards God.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Ken4Christ: 1:09am On Dec 04, 2017
teflonjake:

And dreaded cultists were sent to execute the innocent?

Don't worry Sire, keep this thread in mind....you will mention me.

Was John the Baptist a criminal before he was executed? Where the Apostles criminals before their executions?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Royal55: 1:51am On Dec 04, 2017
chloride6:
The Tithing Movement just took a massive hit!

i bet you this tithing movement only exist on nairaland. can you kick against a rock and stand?? trust me this movement is just an endtime movement

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by kpolli(m): 2:39am On Dec 04, 2017
bolamp:

It's obvious you are one of those that lead people astray. Are you even sure you read the verse you quoted properly??

Oh please can you quote it or explain it better? Please let's not throw insults just fair discussions....
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by MrPRevailer(m): 3:19am On Dec 04, 2017
Perceptor:
My worry about this issue is the replies frm the men of God. They havent been able to explain anythin from the Word of God viewpoint. The truth is that the love God has for us is far beyound tithe and offering or anything we think we do to win God's favor. The greatest blessing or gift from God to mankind is that of salvation through Jesus Christ but did u get this gift by paying tithe or offering? No. We received d gift wen we were still sinners. If God so loved us wen were still sinners that he gave us such a wonderful gift, why then wuld u think he will be angry wt u now if u dont pay tithe or offering. Paying tithe or offering is not the issue, the issue is God loves us and he wants us to know him, come to him and have an intimate relationship wt him THEN everythin u do will be done genuily frm your heart towards God.

You lie detestably. So many men of God have offered manifold outstanding viewpoints from the word of God that Tithing is Commandment.

It is necessary.

These are the last days. Like d bible said 'many will give heed to seducing spirits'...and saying 'where is the promise of his coming'. Likewise tithing commandment.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by israelmao(m): 5:36am On Dec 04, 2017
obailala:
When you tell a child that if he sits down on a particular chair, that he would be severely punished. If the child eventually decides to keep standing, would you actually argue that the child had a choice?...

I'll use a more succinct analogy; if I point a gun at your head and ask you to hand over your wallet, if I am to go by your own definition of 'choice', do you agree with me that it's a matter of choice for you to hand over the wallet or not?

We really ought to define and understand the true meaning of the word 'choice'. Forcing a person to do something doesnt only entail using physical force. Telling a person (a believer under you) that he would incur God's wrath and attract spiritual curses if he doesn't hand over his belongings, my friend, that is 'force', especially when you consider that it's even unscriptural.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by DonBobes(m): 5:38am On Dec 04, 2017
Nairaland MODS again . Seun you can c ur mods.
Without confirming the veracity of the sed information they just forward to front page. Samething goes wit any military information d mods don't confirm first b4 dey forward d infos. NAIRALAND mods please always confirm infos b4 forwarding to FP.
Well if you checked, my apologies but if not i tak my apologies bak n shove it down my throat.

For the statement my GO didn't say this mind you. These r bogus news
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by xcuggsm(m): 5:51am On Dec 04, 2017
felifeli:
Lala you done give tithe or you done take chop snake suya? ��
Abeg, leave Lala alone! He had not received November salary and his wife and side chick have started hassling him for money for Xmas shopping wink
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 04, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Correct. He is already achieving it through this tithe saga and many are falling for it badly.
Yes o. If you look at it, it's silly. How much is tithe? The money spent on drugs and health per month is even more expensive than tithe in most cases. The tenth must be given out, one way or another.
SCUD- Satan Continuously Uses Distraction.

Christians must watch. This is a bait.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by nkemchineke: 6:33am On Dec 04, 2017
G.O said Tithing isn't compulsory. But if you want your heavens to be opened, and to remain opened, you have to continue tithing.
But if you are fine with a closed heaven, then don't bother tithing.

subcbouy:
What exactly did he say? You are part of the church problem. Give whole transcript message, not just sentence. Or you refer people to where they can listen to the message. Shalom
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by teflonjake(m): 7:10am On Dec 04, 2017
Ken4Christ:

Was John the Baptist a criminal before he was executed? Where the Apostles criminals before their executions?

You are the John the Baptist, neither are you the apostles....

My question is what did you do to warrant such level of attempts to life?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by bolamp(m): 7:19am On Dec 04, 2017
kpolli:

Oh please can you quote it or explain it better? Please let's not throw insults just fair discussions....

Because you asked kindly, I will oblige with a quick summary.
The verse you quoted when you start reading from verse 9 basically is about a story given by Christ were he compared a biblical pharisee with an ordinary tax-farmer where the pharisee bragged to God about all the lawful things he did which included tithing wheras the tax farmer acknowledged that he was a sinner.
In the end God rebuked the pharisee and accepted the tax-farmer.
This shows that our heart towards the things of God is what he looks at.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by CecyAdrian(f): 7:45am On Dec 04, 2017
Dainikel:

The point is firstly there is a setting aside of 10% percent of your yield after every month.(Its a commandment). Thereafter you pray to God to give direction on how He has chosen for you to pay the tithe.
What I am against is non-acknowledgement of the command from God on the setting aside certain percent.

You are no more mandated to set aside any 10% reason been that Christ in his in infinite mercy has cleared all mankind from any law in the old testament by his death on th Cross. If you decide to pay tithe, it means you don't believe in death and resurrection of Christ, it means you should also practice burnt offering to God.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by generationz(f): 8:37am On Dec 04, 2017
Billyonaire:

Yes, Peter coined the word Christianity at Pentioch.
Read your Bible, dear zombie.
Would you kindly state the chapter and verse where this was stated?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 04, 2017
generationz:

Would you kindly state the chapter and verse where this was stated?
Am I your Pastor now ?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by generationz(f): 8:53am On Dec 04, 2017
Billyonaire:

Yes, Peter coined the word Christianity at Pentioch.

Read your Bible, dear zombie.
I would like you to read acts 11 especially verse 19 and 26

No 1 it wasn't Pentioch but Antioch

No 2 Antioch was a Graco Roman city located in present day turkey.

No 3 Peter was never sent to the gentiles Paul and Barnabas were the ones God sent there. Therefore it was Paul,, Silas and Barnabas who were at Antioch when they were called Christians which means "christlike"

Barnabas and Saul at Antioch
19 Now those who were scattered after the persecution that arose over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to no one but the Jews only. 20 But some of them were men from Cyprus and Cyrene, who, when they had come to Antioch, spoke to the Hellenists, preaching the Lord Jesus. 21 And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number believed and turned to the Lord.
22 Then news of these things came to the ears of the church in Jerusalem, and they sent out
Barnabas to go as far as Antioch.
23 When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and
encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord. 24 For he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a great many people were added to the Lord.
25 Then Barnabas departed for
Tarsus to seek Saul. 26 And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Ken4Christ: 9:00am On Dec 04, 2017
teflonjake:

You are the John the Baptist, neither are you the apostles....

My question is what did you do to warrant such level of attempts to life?

Well the attack started after I suspended one of my leaders for gross sexual immorality. I suspect it's coming from there. God revealed to me another possible source I cannot disclose online.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by BlueAngel444: 9:04am On Dec 04, 2017
It's sad that many prefer profit to the truth, false promises to honesty.
For money has blinded the eyes of many.
If you must tithe, tithe biblically
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by ericmani: 9:17am On Dec 04, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Nothing is compulsory in this life.

Even impregnating one's wife is not compulsory.

God has given us a free will or the power of choice. Yet, he admonishes us to choose rightly.

Deuteronomy 30:19 says; "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live".

Tithing is not compulsory but it works wonders for everyone who genuinely and faithfully engages in it.

The irony of this tithing drama is that, those who are paying tithes from millions and in millions will continue to give to God heartily and Joyfully, but the ones paying tithes of 10naira, 100naira and 1000 naira are the ones screaming tithing is a scam.

No pastor has ever placed a gun on anybody's head to demand tithe.

Happy Sunday folks!

God bless u bro..the funny thing is dat those dat dnt even give at all are supporting the movement and making noise.. some are not even christains to start with.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by teflonjake(m): 9:26am On Dec 04, 2017
Ken4Christ:

Well the attack started after I suspended one of my leaders for gross sexual immorality. I suspect it's coming from there. God revealed to me another possible source I cannot disclose online.

OK sir
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Pojomojo: 12:02pm On Dec 04, 2017
felifeli:
" There is nowhere in the Bible where it is written that tithing and giving offering is compulsory .But if you want to trust God with your finances you should even strive to do more than the tithe "

This was a part of the message of the G.O of MFM Ministries this morning at the international headquarters .

My own words:
So, what do you say scoffers? If you like chop nkwobi and Isi ewu and gulder with your money, if you like give it to your church . The choice is your. God no get address and no bank account.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by ifenes(m): 12:39pm On Dec 04, 2017
And the only way you can give to God is to give to others or build a better life programs, give clean water etc. Not to the church

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by sweetilicious(f): 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
Exactly what i was telling my friend
plessis:
Why is nobody talking about salvation again?....

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by kpolli(m): 4:53pm On Dec 04, 2017
bolamp:

Because you asked kindly, I will oblige with a quick summary.
The verse you quoted when you start reading from verse 9 basically is about a story given by Christ were he compared a biblical pharisee with an ordinary tax-farmer where the pharisee bragged to God about all the lawful things he did which included tithing wheras the tax farmer acknowledged that he was a sinner.
In the end God rebuked the pharisee and accepted the tax-farmer.
This shows that our heart towards the things of God is what he looks at.

So how does that negate what Jesus said about Himself, I noticed you talked around what I quoted but never talked about it so please, can you explain what Jesus meant by "He fasts twice in the week, gives tithes of all He possesses"....

Don't get me wrong, I know pastors are wrong for ever claiming one will go to hell if one doesn't tithe. But please no man should ever lay claim that Jesus came to die so we won't tithe anymore. No where in the Bible is it written that Jesus came to die for us to stop tithing. He died to save us, tithing is personal between man and God and a lot of pastors sin by coming between that commitment.

I personally advice one to change church if you don't like how your pastor behaves, don't remix the word of God.

Everyone strives to be like Jesus, if Jesus can tithe; so can I.... It's simple, if you don't want to tithe; don't! It's your personal decision, you're not going to hell for not tithing....

I have personally seen what tithing can do in a church, I have seen how much it takes to maintain a church so I know my tithe goes a long way. If you see your pastor overdoing things, switch...

Thanks brother
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by emonkey(m): 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2017
sweetilicious:
Exactly what i was telling my friend
Probably because most churches are now more preoccupied with finances than salvation. We are in a spiritual emergency.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by MrBingo: 6:08pm On Dec 04, 2017
thornapple:

Have heard of ogbono felifeli.
What does felifeli mean, pls?.
Or better still, what's ogbono felifeli

..wot can I by u for Christmas? wink
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
I want a big bootay hoe for Xmas cheesy
MrBingo:

..wot can I by u for Christmas? wink
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by emonkey(m): 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
kpolli:

So how does that negate what Jesus said about Himself, I noticed you talked around what I quoted but never talked about it so please, can you explain what Jesus meant by "He fasts twice in the week, gives tithes of all He possesses"....

Don't get me wrong, I know pastors are wrong for ever claiming one will go to hell if one doesn't tithe. But please no man should ever lay claim that Jesus came to die so we won't tithe anymore. No where in the Bible is it written that Jesus came to die for us to stop tithing. He died to save us, tithing is personal between man and God and a lot of pastors sin by coming between that commitment.

I personally advice one to change church if you don't like how your pastor behaves, don't remix the word of God.

Everyone strives to be like Jesus, if Jesus can tithe; so can I.... It's simple, if you don't want to tithe; don't! It's your personal decision, you're not going to hell for not tithing....

I have personally seen what tithing can do in a church, I have seen how much it takes to maintain a church so I know my tithe goes a long way. If you see your pastor overdoing things, switch...

Thanks brother
Did Jesus tithe? Please direct me to the relevant scriptures. On what income did He pay tithe? I am aware that he paid TAX though. "head tax"
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by AlvoSitwil(m): 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
An2elect2:
Hehehehe Christians shouldn't tithe at all.

"Tithing isnt compulsory" is like saying "The law isn't compulsory" Law is law for a reason. If you are under a law you must abide by it and in some cases to the letter. There is no "if you like" with the law. You break it you face punishment. That's why Christ came to free us from not only the punishment but also from the demands of the law.

Before now. The truth was: CHRISTIANS ARE NOT TO TITHE BUT GIVE WHATEVER THEY ARE WILLING TO GIVE

Lying ministers shouted the exact opposite of the truth from their pulpits: TITHING IS COMPULSORY AND OFFENDERS ARE INCURRING GOD'S WRATH

Then a man came to challenge them with the bible. He won a lot of people over

Proud lying ministers couldnt take it and got worse in preaching the opposite of the truth. They were no longer convincing.

So shy lying ministers (the devil's second try to keep people enslaved) like this come forward for the first time ever(what have they been doing since?) to "challenge" the obvious lie with subtle lie or is it a levelling ground lie saying: TITHING IS NOT COMPULSORY.

Who is the devil trying to swindle with this lie? When did a law become not compulsory?

Christians shouldn't tithe we have been freed from the law.

some even believe that Jesus came to abolish the laws... see https://www.nairaland.com/4212971/tithing-not-part-christianity-jesus
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by emonkey(m): 6:55pm On Dec 04, 2017
AlvoSitwil:

some even believe that Jesus came to abolish the laws... see https://www.nairaland.com/4212971/tithing-not-part-christianity-jesus

So many Pharisees on this thread. Bros believe what you want and leave everyone else to believe what they want. Haba!
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by subcbouy: 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
I want a big bootay hoe for Xmas cheesy
huh the voice of Jacob but the hand of Esua.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by subcbouy: 7:12pm On Dec 04, 2017
emonkey:

Did Jesus tithe? Please direct me to the relevant scriptures. On what income did He pay tithe? I am aware that he paid TAX though. "head tax"
Did Jesus work? Tithing applied to people that work.
For the tax, he was challenged for not paying tax, which he asked the disciple to give what belongs to Cesar to Cesar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Lagos Pastor Heals Mad Man On The Street (Photos) / I'm Richer Than Bill Gates - Pastor Adeboye / RCCG Lady Renounces Membership Because Of VP Osinbajo. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.