Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) (1776 Views)

The Earlier You People Realise This, The Better / Men Need To Realise That Having Money Doesn't Make Them A Catch. / We Met In 2017 On Nairaland And In July,2020 We Got Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Mcowubaba: 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
Before I start, let me give you a little history about my stay here on Nairaland, I first came across Nairaland forum in 2006, I was much younger then, with high urge for social networking, chats, flirting and what have you.
I was also a registered member in Hi5, myspace, reddit and almost all the popular social networks (known to me) at that time, what attracted me to nairaland was the fact it was solely about Nigeria, I felt much closer to my people kiss

To cut the long story, as time went on, I became less active in most of these social network, factors like change of phones and geographic locations, forgetting emails and passwords made me to lose my first nairaland account, along with many other social network account (which I don't really regret).

Around 2013, 4 years ago. In the course of my interaction with some people, who usually makes reference to Nairaland topics, funny comments, I had the urge to reopen another account here. Things were a bit different, shiit got crazy, weird.

Especially during and after the 2015 election, it became a full blown war zone between tribes, with the usual suspects our beloved 'Igbos and Yorubas' trolling themselves in the highest possible term, I tried in my little way to preach peace, harmony etc, I remember my signature then was something like 'allergic to bigotry, repugnant to tribalism' (I can't really remember the exact context it was).

After the elections, I expected things to die down, but I was badly mistaking, things actually got heated up, people dedicated hours, intellect and money in trolling each other, creating multiple accounts, personalities to carry out their crazy heart desires.
Some of us called on seu.n and the moderators to do more, some of us gave suggestions, opinions on how we can overcome the issue, some nairalanders accused the mods of being biased, tribalistic etc (story for another day)

I have been through many sections here on Nairaland, and I will be the biggest liar on earth if I say nairaland has not helped me in many ways (which is the only reason, I am still a member), but the sad thing is the issue of trolling and tribalism.

I have come to realise that Nigeria is a country filled with frustrated people, who have been subjected to very harsh treatments/conditions by the so called useless leaders, hence they(we) tend to carry out their frustration on unsuspecting individuals.
Most people you see here everyday trolling(I am talking about the greater percent), are not happy with themselves, I know what i am talking about, most of them are underpaid, jobless, paid media agents or illiterates (skilled and unskilled).

I have been a Jambite before, I have also been an Undergraduate, I have been an NYSC member, (let me leave it here), so I am in no way looking down at any of this groups or class, life is stage by stage, but if you guys realise that most of the people who engage you in arguments and insults here are within these groups, you will learn how to ignore them.

I was so bitter the day, I found out that the person I was exchanging words with was even looking for admission, angry

Let me state this clearly, I don't believe in Equality, I believe in Equity, I can go ahead and say that I don't believe all humans are equal in 'every regard', the phrase 'all human beings are equal' is a just an imagination and school of thought by some political (correctness) and religious ideology.
(I am not a right wing person, and certainly not a left wing)

Most people don't have anything going on in their lives, hence the troll others. I am not saying we should discriminate based on social class or wealth (BTW, I am not even wealthy or rich), but also we are not expected to have back and forth with people who can't even talk directly to you in real life.
For instance, if I am a senior lecturer, how will I be arguing with Jambite on the internet, somebody that can't even talk to me anyhow in real life. or if I am manager in a bank, am I expected to have insultive arguments with the cleaners

People hide behind their keyboard and proclaim all sort of things, but physically the are nothing!!

Now, we have the few who are actually doing well for themselves, but the have mental issues, so the also try to seek attention by any means possible, the should also be ignored.
All this I wrote is not only related to nairaland, the internet generally.

Internet is still fun, informative, a place to be sometimes, but certainly don't let it get the best of you.

35 Likes 10 Shares

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by ololadeking(m): 1:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbccccccccccccddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Ustec: 1:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
Sai Baba
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by DaddyKross: 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
The only thing i have to say about this is that

It is too late to fail.
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
The comment above mine though. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Blackhawk01: 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
Op, you've written well. kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by yarimo(m): 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
Op the problem is, terrorist IPOBIANS lack simple reading comprehension on any nairalander thread . grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by habsydiamond(m): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
this Ur story book write up too long ooo. if dem turn am to book e go cover a whole dictionary.....
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by adaksbullet: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
DaddyKross:

The only thing i have to say about this is that

It is too late to fail.

grin
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by SenhorSean(m): 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
Well said 0.P...btw the poster below me must have something better to say..
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Mcowubaba: 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
yarimo:
Op the problem is, terrorist IPOBIANS lack simple reading comprehension on any nairalander thread . grin
And I guess part of your job description is to help them comprehend

1 Like

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by yarimo(m): 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mcowubaba:

And I guess part of your job description is to help them comprehend
help them to comprehend, the next thing from them will be insult
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
see epistle. who provoke oga cow like this na ?
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by iweecureyou: 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mcowubaba:
Before I start, let me give you a little history about my stay here on Nairaland, I first came across Nairaland forum in 2006, I was much younger then, with high urge for social networking, chats, flirting and what have you.
I was also a registered member in Hi5, myspace, reddit and almost all the popular social networks (known to me) at that time, what attracted me to nairaland was the fact it was solely about Nigeria, I felt much closer to my people kiss

To cut the long story, as time went on, I became less active in most of these social network, factors like change of phones and geographic locations, forgetting emails and passwords made me to lose my first nairaland account, along with many other social network account (which I don't really regret).

Around 2013, 4 years ago. In the course of my interaction with some people, who usually makes reference to Nairaland topics, funny comments, I had the urge to reopen another account here. Things were a bit different, shiit got crazy, weird.

Especially during and after the 2015 election, it became a full blown war zone between tribes, with the usual suspects our beloved 'Igbos and Yorubas' trolling themselves in the highest possible term, I tried in my little way to preach peace, harmony etc, I remember my signature then was something like 'allergic to bigotry, repugnant to tribalism' (I can't really remember the exact context it was).

After the elections, I expected things to die down, but I was badly mistaking, things actually got heated up, people dedicated hours, intellect and money in trolling each other, creating multiple accounts, personalities to carry out their crazy heart desires.
Some of us called on seu.n and the moderators to do more, some of us gave suggestions, opinions on how we can overcome the issue, some nairalanders accused the mods of being biased, tribalistic etc (story for another day)

I have been through many sections here on Nairaland, and I will be the biggest liar on earth if I say nairaland has not helped me in many ways (which is the only reason, I am still a member), but the sad thing is the issue of trolling and tribalism.

I have come to realise that Nigeria is a country filled with frustrated people, who have been subjected to very harsh treatments/conditions by the so called useless leaders, hence they(we) tend to carry out their frustration on unsuspecting individuals.
Most people you see here everyday trolling(I am talking about the greater percent), are not happy with themselves, I know what i am talking about, most of them are underpaid, jobless, paid media agents or illiterates (skilled and unskime leave it here), so I am in no way looking down at any of this groups or class, life is stage by stage, but if you guys realise that most of the people who engage you in arguments and insults here are within these groups, you will learn how to ignore them.

I was so bitter the day, I found out that the person I was exchanging words with was even looking for admission, angry

Let me state this clearly, I don't believe in Equality, I believe in Equity, I can go ahead and say that I don't believe all humans are equal in 'every regard', the phrase 'all human beings are equal' is a just an imagination and school of thought by some political (correctness) and religious ideology.

Most people don't have anything going on in their lives, hence the troll others. I am not saying we should discriminate based on social class or wealth (BTW, I am not even wealthy or rich), but also we are not expected to have back and forth with people who can't even talk directly to you in real life.
For instance, if I am a senior lecturer, how will I be arguing with Jambite on the internet, somebody that can't even talk to me anyhow in real life. or if I am manager in a bank, I am expected to have insultive arguments with the cleaners

People hide behind their keyboard and proclaim all sort of things, but physically the are nothing!!

Now, we have the few who are actually doing well for themselves, but the have mental issues, so the also try to seek attention, by any means possible

Internet is still fun, informative, a place to be sometimes, but certainly don't let it get the best of you.
Me dat dey aff call troll i am rish o.Please is not all troll dat is no aff monie o.Me i aff money range over spot and big phone.Frostration is for peopu like adaksbullet.
Airforce1 sef is no reash my level at all.
Tuk a look at the mournika i am mension apat from sexybbstar lefulefu the reast aff frostrasionangry

Cc
BIBIJAY123

sexybbstar
lefulefu
iamj
unapapadeycraze
Doublewahala
hungrynigerian
Nwaamaikpe
Mrcork
ADAKSBULLET
Victornezzar
mightyn
thepussyhunter
Airforce1
sirmichael1

angry
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by tosyne2much(m): 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
A bottle of Gulder for you bro. cool

Most people who are fond of trolling and insulting random people are those who are very much idle, jobless, unskilled, frustrated and depressed.
They are people who are not even happy with their situation
because trolling goes along with depression, unhappiness, bitterness and frustration.

You will see people who are young enough to be your kid sisters/brothers trolling and dishing out insults to you even though you try to humble yourself. Even the ones that are still seeking admission are not left out. You see a jambite insulting a graduate for expressing his views. Things have now gone worse that people now form clique and do all sorts of thing just bring the other person down.

Why do we do? You just have to learn how to ignore them

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Oyindidi(f): 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
Wow! Nice one

1 Like

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
iweecureyou:
Me dat dey aff call troll i am rish o.Please is not all troll dat is no aff monie o.Me i aff money range over spot and big phone.Frostration is for peopu like adaksbullet.
Airforce1 sef is no reash my level at all.
Tuk a look at the mournika i am mension apat from sexybbstar lefulefu the reast aff frostrasionangry

angry
Lmao.These guy is "crazy". cheesy grin...
Bro,ur comments always get me rolling on the floor cheesy.keep it up
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Jodha(f): 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
Summary ahbeg....no strength to read...
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by iweecureyou: 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
MidNightHunter:

Lmao.These guy is "crazy". cheesy grin...
Bro,ur comments always get me rolling on the floor cheesy.keep it up
Cum is u the same of pussyhunter.

Cc
BIBIJAY123
IAMJ
SEXYBBSTAR
THEPUSSYHUNTER
ADAKSBULLET
MRCORK
UNAPAPADEYCRAZE
DOUBLEWAHALA
HUNGRYNIGERIAN
SIRMICHAEL1
AIRFORCE1
angry
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
grin grin
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by basmur(m): 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
nice gesture @op
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
Take this a good way op... You're high on sense! wink
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by karli4nia(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lol@ " I was so bitter the day I found out that the person I was exchanging words with was even looking for admission"

@ OP this ur statement seems ludicrous to me... Why were u bitter...? Cos she/he had no right to..or cos maybe too unimportant or unintelligent to challenge you... Simply cos he/she was seeking admission... Come off it abeg!

Well, Niaraland of today has a bunch of very intelligent younger Guys and ladies...just like we had it back then in 2006.... They hold views that stimulate me intellectually... And I learn from them...even the apparently sausy ones..

A heck of poo goes on inhere... Which to me is a glaring reflection of the sorryass psychological state of our society and humanity at large.. We just need to learn how to flow with stoicism where ever we find ourselves cos no one can exercise much control..determine or guarantee another persons behaviour at anytime...

1 Like

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by theGigolo: 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
karli4nia:
Lol@ " I was so bitter the day I found out that the person I was exchanging words with was even looking for admission"

@ OP this ur statement seems ludicrous to me... Why were u bitter...? Cos she/he had no right to..or cos maybe too unimportant or unintelligent to challenge you... Simply cos he/she was seeking admission... Come off it abeg!

Well, Niaraland of today has a bunch of very intelligent younger Guys and ladies...just like we had it back then in 2006.... They hold views that stimulate me intellectually... And I learn from them...even the apparently sausy ones..

A heck of poo goes on inhere... Which to me is a glaring reflection of the sorryass psychological state of our society and humanity at large.. We just need to learn how to flow with stoicism where ever we find ourselves cos no one can exercise much control..determine or guarantee another persons behaviour at anytime...

Bruh I so much love your write up, it has covered a part of my response.

Now @Op let's talk

Op get off your high horse it doesn't suit you, if you feel you are too big for nairaland, kindly exit it makes no f*cking difference. Who are you to tell someone that he/she is not on your level? Because you might be 60yrs or a lecturer doesn't mean respect must be given, it must be earned.
How have you impacted the people on this forum?
Have your words been meaningful to those finding their path or has it put food on the table for some?

I think you have pride and as such you can't interact with those who you think are lesser than you, if you were to be a lecturer I'd only give you respect not because you have earned it but because you are in a position of power over me @ that point in time.

Get the f**k outta the internet if you can't stomach what you see here.
Being rich isn't all about materialism but rather a thing of the mind.
Much can be said about bill gate the current 2nd richest man in the world because if you can actually look at his record you'd see he has done charity since he counted his first millions but all y'all Africans care about is showing off, e.g. yourself for instance, maybe because you think you are advanced in age or wealth or status gives you the right to look down on people.

Sincerely, you don't matter.

Good day.

1 Like

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
I learnt one thing here. If they want all these to stop they will. To stop this is not genius or require an extraordinary thought. I wrote something about it some time ago and it has not changed. Not one thing changed.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/nairaland-nigerias-online-centre/

1 Like

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Most people you see here everyday trolling(I am talking about the greater percent), are not happy with themselves, I know what i am talking about, most of them are underpaid, jobless, paid media agents or illiterates (skilled and unskilled).

I have been a Jambite before, I have also been an Undergraduate, I have been an NYSC member, (let me leave it here), so I am in no way looking down at any of this groups or class, life is stage by stage, but if you guys realise that most of the people who engage you in arguments and insults here are within these groups, you will learn how to ignore them.

For instance, if I am a senior lecturer, how will I be arguing with Jambite on the internet, somebody that can't even talk to me anyhow in real life. or if I am manager in a bank, I am expected to have insultive arguments with the cleaners

Now, we have the few who are actually doing well for themselves, but the have mental issues, so the also try to seek attention, by any means possible, the should also be ignored.

Which are you?

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by theGigolo: 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I learnt one thing here. If they want all these to stop they will. To stop this is not genius or require an extraordinary thought. I wrote something about it some time ago and it has not changed. Not one thing changed.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/nairaland-nigerias-online-centre/

Now you are talking wisely, op made a mistake by saying people are not up to him, but if he had mentioned the root cause of making this thread it would have been understandable.

The tribal bigotry has eaten really deep into nairaland that one can no longer do without the other, and the mods are super okay with it. They would rather ban or auto change meaningless words or delete posts that question their power and authority.

#prayfornairaland2017
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Mcowubaba: 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
karli4nia:

why the insult undecided
As I rightly said, I am not looking down on anybody, I have passed through all those stages myself.
You can't decide for me, who I will associate with, or who I should argue with, It is not your place.
You can flow with stoicism here as it so pleases you, but I am not interested in that..

if you read my initial write up properly, I never said people should avoid intelligent arguments with the Jambites or the so called younger generation, I am talking about trolling and insults, and I stand by my words to say that, I wasn't happy the day I found out that the person who was insulting me was still looking for admission.

You are free to place yourself in whatever pedestal you want, that is not my business.

I am not meant to be insulted by a jambite online. simple QED!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by theGigolo: 10:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mcowubaba:

why the insult undecided
As I rightly said, I am not looking down on anybody, I have passed through all those stages myself.
You can't decide for me, who I will associate with, or who I should argue with, It is not your place.
You can flow with stoicism here as it so pleases you, but I am not interested in that..

if you read my initial write up properly, I never said people should avoid intelligent arguments with the Jambites or the so called younger generation, I am talking about trolling and insults, and I stand by my words to say that, I wasn't happy the day I found out that the person who was insulting me was still looking for admission.

You are free to place yourself in whatever pedestal you want, that is not my business.

I am not meant to be insulted by a jambite online. simple QED!!

You are too proud my guy

Thrash
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Mcowubaba: 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
theGigolo:

Bruh I so much love your write up, it has covered a part of my response.

Now @Op let's talk

Op get off your high horse it doesn't suit you, if you feel you are too big for nairaland, kindly exit it makes no f*cking difference. Who are you to tell someone that he/she is not on your level? Because you might be 60yrs or a lecturer doesn't mean respect must be given, it must be earned.
How have you impacted the people on this forum?
Have your words been meaningful to those finding their path or has it put food on the table for some?

I think you have pride and as such you can't interact with those who you think are lesser than you, if you were to be a lecturer I'd only give you respect not because you have earned it but because you are in a position of power over me @ that point in time.

Get the f**k outta the internet if you can't stomach what you see here.
Being rich isn't all about materialism but rather a thing of the mind.
Much can be said about bill gate the current 2nd richest man in the world because if you can actually look at his record you'd see he has done charity since he counted his first millions but all y'all Africans care about is showing off, e.g. yourself for instance, maybe because you think you are advanced in age or wealth or status gives you the right to look down on people.

Sincerely, you don't matter.

Good day.

Insults, f words, exactly what I am talking about.
why all the tantrums, when I did not offend you or call you out in anyway, this is exactly what I am talking about, you just feel you can talk to me anyhow because we are in the internet, can you just walk up to me in real life and start insulting me without any provocation, only mad people do that wink are you 1 ?

I did not tell anyone the are not on my level, I simply have the right to decide who I should engage in discussion or arguments, that is my right cool, you can't dictate for me, on how I should associate with people, you are nobody to me, I do what I want. It's my account.

I never said I am too big for anybody, anything or anywhere, I am simply stratifying my association with fellow online users...
making reference to Bill gates grin, you must be comical.

On whether I have impacted on anybody here or not, is not my problem, and I have nothing to prove to you, you are actually inconsequential to me. cheesy

Plot twist, you may even be richer and older than me, I never claimed to be any!!

I simply said I am not meant to be arguing with some classes of people.
Finally as I said earlier I don't believe in equality in all situations, I rather clinge towards EQUITY

and yes, I will not reply you again, on this thread, in another thread, in another website, in another planet, from now till 2023 grin grin
You can insult all you want, na your itel phone, na your glo data wink grin
The only way I can ever talk with you again, is if I don't know it is you, so if you wanna chat with me, open a new account, or impose as another person (imposter)
Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by makydebbie(f): 10:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
theGigolo:

Now you are talking wisely, op made a mistake by saying people are not up to him, but if he had mentioned the root cause of making this thread it would have been understandable.

The tribal bigotry has eaten really deep into nairaland that one can no longer do without the other, and the mods are super okay with it. They would rather ban or auto change meaningless words or delete posts that question their power and authority.

#prayfornairaland2017
You keep talking about the op being proud and all, I don't know why you keep emphasizing on it. Well, I've decided to look past his "proud" nature and understand where he's coming from, and then, I've seen he has a point and he made sense. Maybe one or two things he said didn't sit well with you but we shouldn't use just that to condemn all that he has written.

1 Like

Re: You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
yarimo:
you are here? The thing is, you, that ngene lady and sark are following Igbos everywhere. What's the fuss about? I know they can be stupid sometimes too though. But na you people they spoil the forum. This forum is said to be worth 4 million USD and na one person own am, but you people no dey shame to dey cause kasala on top the forum everytime. All of una tribalists go get shame abeg. It ain't expensive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Are Free To Dislike Gays, But Don't Be A Homophobe" - Nigerian Writer / Nigerian-American Rapper Princess Vitarah Flashes Underboob In Bikini Photos / My life as a Scammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.