Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,273 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

How To Scam 1000 Young Entrepreneur: Reality Of AYE 2017 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Scam 1000 Young Entrepreneur: Reality Of AYE 2017 (3339 Views)

National Leader Of Aye Cult Group Arrested In His Occultic Shrine In Lagos With / Arrested 'Aye' cultist Threatens to Kill All The Policemen Behind His Arrest / Members Of Aye/blackaxe Cultists Arrested With Weapons In Delta(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Scam 1000 Young Entrepreneur: Reality Of AYE 2017 by goodnessme02: 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
How to Scam 1000 young entrepreneurs and make millions of Naira before Christmas (10 easy steps below):

Step 1. Set up a platform called Africa's Young Entrepreneurs (AYE) and claim that it is the largest networking event for entrepreneurs in Africa.

Step 2. Use your connections to solicit for support/affiliation from a few prominent Nigerians and 'oyibo' people that we are supposed to be impressed by.

Step 3. Promise young entrepreneurs all over Nigeria that their business ideas will be funded. Make them go through a shabby 'application process' where they spend their precious time and hard earned money to travel long distances for screening then send them a congratulations email that they are BENEFICIARIES of an undisclosed award.

Step 4. Invite them to pitch their ideas at a panel but charge them huge sums of money for it (in 2015 struggling entrepreneurs were asked to pay N30,000 for a chance to 'pitch' their business ideas to a panel and most were given nothing in return. No mentorship. No financial aid. No resources. Nothing)
*Where on earth are people charged money to pitch their business ideas? This is called Advance Fee Fraud (aka 419) as it falls under Section 419 of the Criminal Code.

Step 5. Hold a fancy event at Oriental Hotel, Lekki and invite politicians to hijack it as a platform to campaign for 2019 (I am personally disappointed that Senator. Ben Murray Bruce would openly voice his support for former Vice President Atiku Abubakar towards 2019 elections, in a room full of Young Entrepreneurs seeking to take Nigeria forward not backwards.)

Step 6. Call the event "Networking With Giants Conference," but do not allow any of the attendees to have access to meet any of the "giants." Instead let the "giants" tell us the challenges of doing business in Nigeria (which we are more familiar with than they are, with all due respect.)

Step 7. In the middle of the program, invite Alibaba (the comedian) to unhumorously solicit for funds from the attendees INCLUDING THE ENTREPRENEURS WHO ARE SEEKING FOR FUNDING! UNBELIEVABLE!!! We are disappointed as to how a distinguished Senior Citizen such as Alibaba could be blindfolded into such a charade of an event.

Step 8. Hire Usherettes to carry POS around and harass people to donate money including the people who came hoping to get funding for their businesses. Really!??

Step 9. Gather all the so called BENEFICIARIES to snap group picture and give them cheap neck warmer and empty certificate paper with no name or signature on it as proof of what you have done (assumably for the purpose of soliciting funds from foreign donor organisations).

Step 10. Hire Lil Kesh and other artistes to perform to a room full of "BENEFICIARIES" who are still so confused at what is happening till at almost midnight they start leaving disappointed...after 3 months of application procedures, paying for ticket, travel expenses from different parts of Nigeria to attend a political event that they never opted for.

That is a simple 10 step process to scamming over 5000 young Nigerian entrepreneurs as executed by Summi Smart Francis, founder of AYE.

Summary:
The AYE 2017 "Networking with Giants Conference" was simply a night of politics that was played with young aspiring Nigerian entrepreneurs as the pawns. A very fine show of the true position of the Nigerian youth today - mere tools for political ends while the youths themselves return home empty handed after the politics have been played.

We sincerely appreciated the presence of the dignitaries present especially the likes of Fela Durotoye who gave a compelling talk about the future of Nigeria and the ABC's of getting it right for the sake of the youths upon who the future depends. We also appreciate the likes of Patrick Utomi and others who shared their wealth of experience in the Nigerian business terrain, likewise the warmth of Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija who has been grand matron of the event for 3 years running. But what we saw last night was a sham!

Please share this post until it goes viral. Mrs. Folorusho Alakija (grand matron of AYE), Chief. Bola Ahmed Tinubu (grand patron of AYE), Fela Durotoye, Pat Utomi, Sen. Ben Murray Bruce, former Vice President Atiku Abubakr, Fidelity Bank Managing Director and all the other dignitaries at the event too numerous to mention deserve to know hear our feedback since we were not given audience that night.

We wish to state that the Nigerian youths will no longer be used as pawns to political ends. We hereby urge the above named distinguished citizens of Nigeria to caution the activities of the management of the Africa Young Entrepreneurs platform and its founder Mr. Sunmi Smart Francis.

We shall be seeking redress via due process soon.

(Kindly share on every social media platform available, tag anyone who attended the AYE 2017 conference and tag bloggers and news outlet willing to publish this piece)

Courtesy, a Scammed 'Beneficiary.'
Teniola Esan Esq

4 Likes

Re: How To Scam 1000 Young Entrepreneur: Reality Of AYE 2017 by boss01: 3:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
O boy
Re: How To Scam 1000 Young Entrepreneur: Reality Of AYE 2017 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
AYE Axe mehn
cool
Re: How To Scam 1000 Young Entrepreneur: Reality Of AYE 2017 by anethcharly(m): 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hmmmm

Naija.....wat a country.....
Scam scamming scam....
cool
Re: How To Scam 1000 Young Entrepreneur: Reality Of AYE 2017 by madone: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
Thank God I didn't go.i followed all the online registration process .funny people.
Re: How To Scam 1000 Young Entrepreneur: Reality Of AYE 2017 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
He he he.
you want funding in this recession.
Re: How To Scam 1000 Young Entrepreneur: Reality Of AYE 2017 by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 04, 2017
I watched it twice or more on TV but didn't know that they had to collect money from would be beneficiaries. That's most despicable... it shatters the whole or supposed idea of the platform.
angry
Re: How To Scam 1000 Young Entrepreneur: Reality Of AYE 2017 by hatelies101: 7:41am On Dec 04, 2017
NOT ALL NIGERIANS ARE GULLIBLE - WHEN THEY SEE THE TRUTH, THEY WILL SAY IT. KINDLY READ AND SHARE!

Dear Teniola Esan,

Well done! You have done really well in your mendaciousness. Your fictitious article is trending and I hope you are smiling, but remember - what goes around, comes around. It is simple. It is really that simple - the law of cause and effect. Yes, it works. I have read your article and trust me - you are a mischievous young man and a rogue. Yes, all that for you. No apologies! Is this how you want to fight for the Nigerian youth? Oh, my Nigeria, how I weep for thee! You slander a whole reputable organization doing its best and its founder without proper findings and later calling for answers to questions you should have sought answers to firstly? It is even more saddening knowing you are a lawyer. Did you also say you are a barrister? It is well. You have maliciously accused the organization. I have done thorough findings and I have facts about the organization. I now have questions for you - I do hope you respond to them.

1. If A.Y.E is a scam, why do we have them on our TVs? While you may be trying to respond, let me inform you that, I will give my hard-earned money to the management of A.Y.E just to support them in their activities and I will thank them with my whole heart for helping a friend always learn business lessons on their TV show. I am sure my friend would be more grateful. Aside my friend, several individuals are sharing their testimony about the show.

2. If A.Y.E is a scam, why would they make option for submission of business plan or their J18 form (which is actually paid for just to make the process of screening business idea easy and I also think a way to raise money for logistics)?

3. If A.Y.E is a scam, why are they now appointing State Executive Directors in the various states and opening offices in those states?

4. If A.Y. E is a scam, why do we have pictures and videos of those testifying how the organization has helped their businesses?

5. If A.Y.E is a scam, why do we have its founder whom you have libeled exchanging handshakes and rubbing shoulders with African presidents, governors, senators, successful business people and even the Vice President of Nigeria who has also endorsed the organization as one of the most innovate idea coming out of Africa?

6. If A.Y.E is a scam, certainly they won't spend the money they are scamming from young Nigerian entrepreneurs as you claim on producing reality TV shows for us to benefit from and organizing a world-class conference which you too can attest to that you attended for free? In fact, an inner-caucus disclosed to someone I was privileged to meet that only 2% paid for the conference and no one, I repeat, no one paid to meet the giants one on one. I was at the conference and I saw things myself. At a point, they had to tell attendees struggling to participate for free to open Fidelity bank account before they can gain access - this I suppose, to compensate their partner, in a way.
I have many questions to ask you - but please respond to these ones Mr. concerned Nigerian.
Lest I forget, you mentioned they invited Alibaba to unhumorously solicit for funds from the attendees including the entrepreneurs who are seeking for funding! If I wasn't there, I would weep on hearing this, but my brother (sorry, slip of tongue, you can't be my brother), this is why I initially called you a mischievous young man and a rogue. If you claim you were there, then you and I both knew that they had special guest - the likes of Atiku, Ben Bruce, Peter Obi, Alikija - these made politicians and entrepreneurs. What is wrong soliciting for funds to aid in compensating the loss I am sure they incur in not being able to get people pay for the high-class conference and the change for their empowerment programme? At least, I was there, and invited as you. I ate two big meats, fried and jollof rice, I drank juice, I even took pictures with Patrick Utomi, Ben Bruce, etc. In fact, I collected Pat Utomi's contact - I am suppose to meet him this week. Please, permit me to get mad and be rude a little. Make God punish the person wey say him no network with any Giant. How much did you pay for the conference? You ate, you drank, you took pictures and if you were not able to get contact as me - who say make you no smart? Did you pay to meet the Giants one on one? Abeg, make I control myself before I vex too much. At least, A.Y.E no be my father organization. But wait oh, I am a true Nigerian and I will speak the truth anywhere it is lacking. I am not gullible. Shey I be credulous person like some people here? In fact, a lady on your post who was at the event for free came here talking trash and when her friend asked her "but you sha enjoy yourself?" She used her rotten fingers to type "yes ooo". Nigerians, most of us are hypocrites! That one sha na between una and God, no be my business.
I don dey talk too much, but lastly, I won't fail to remind you that - in no way the organizers of the conference would have been able to control Atiku or Ben Bruce if they choose to trail-off in their speech. My brother (my brother? Oh no, not again) abeg, get sense! You will need it to be a good lawyer.

Yours truly,
A More Concerned And Sincere Nigerian!

Nigerians, we seek the truth always and anybody who has it, we will stand with that person no matter what. In the same vein you have believed and shared the malicious article of Teniola Esan, kindly re-share and tag you friends.

2 Likes

Re: How To Scam 1000 Young Entrepreneur: Reality Of AYE 2017 by bigfoot79(m): 8:06am On Dec 05, 2017
This article is defamatory of the subjects, and whoever reposts, share or otherwise broadcast it may be liable; for defamation in equal degree with the original author. Be extremely careful what you say/publish on the internet, cause it may haunt you for the rest of your life.
I use this opportunity to call on #seun , #lalastica and every other responsible MODS, not to allow the slaughter of peoples' right on this platform.

(1) (Reply)

Missing Woman Found 10 Years Later, Dead In Son’s Cupboard / Those Behind The Alleged Kidnapping Of The Lady Who Went Missing Seeking For Job / 24-year-old Man Kills Girlfriend After Seeing Sex Video Of Her With Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.