Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,766 members, 7,798,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1286643 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:39am On Jan 05, 2018
Ekinado:
Thanks All for your congratulatory messages!!!
Quick One
my husband who is the PA stays in Canada, while I stay in Nigeria.
Any Idea on passport stamping? because in the mail they requested we submit our passports in one envelope.

Thanks in Adv

Congratulations. Send an email to cic they will tell you what to do
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ladyAy: 6:42am On Jan 05, 2018
Yes dear. Please go ahead[/color][color=#990000] tongue

quote author=Optimist1528 post=63895677]Happy New year everyone. This is our year in Jesus name.

Hello @LadyAy,

please id like to ask you a question, can I email you directly? Thanks.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Oopsy(f): 7:01am On Jan 05, 2018
Hi, I'm sure it will work out well for you, you'd be surprised. Just relax, you need to, for the remaining tests.
Meanwhile, when did you submit your EOR and when did you get a response? I sent you a PM cos I took in October and sent for EOR in November and haven't heard from them.

Kindly let me know. Thanks

4wearegreat:
Hello Everyone,

Please what can I do to raise my morale?

1st attempt (July) - LRWS - 7.5,9, 7.5, 8
2nd attempt (Nov)- LRWS - 8.5, 8.5, 6.5, 7.5

For 2nd Attempt: I Requested for EOR in RWS. None was upgraded (lost 15k) cry cry

3rd attempt (Jan) - Had my speaking this week - Messed up big time!!!! embarassed cry cry

I presently feel so depressed and demoralized.

With IELTS score of LRWS-8,7,7,7........................ITA would fall on me immediately wink, but achieving this appear impossible #Makeigobegmyvillagepeople grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 7:15am On Jan 05, 2018
Oh beautiful. Thank you very much. It sure does help.

Feygbe:

I had the same placeholders in my application. Here is what I did:
1. Sibling’s PR card(front and back) if a PR, or siblings Passport data page.
2. A recent utility bill with a Canadian address and siblings name
3. Your birth certificate, siblings birth certificate and parents marriage certificate.

That’s what I did! Hope it helps!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emelueobi(f): 7:47am On Jan 05, 2018
I am creating my EE profile, since I am not claiming points for spouse work experience. Is it better to leave it as no work experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loffloff: 8:58am On Jan 05, 2018
emelueobi:
I am creating
my EE profile, since I am not claiming points for spouse work experience. Is it better to leave it as no work experience?

Yes...so u wont bother in providing documents to back up her work experience....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 9:02am On Jan 05, 2018
Just for knowledge sake, if one puts spouse's work experience which doesn't attract any points, will IRCC still ask for reference letter knowing fully well that they won't award any points?

Regards,

Loffloff:

Yes...so u wont bother in providing documents to back up her work experience....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emelueobi(f): 9:05am On Jan 05, 2018
Thanks, I have done that already. I just wanted to make sure that am on the right track.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 05, 2018
Feygbe:

It’s very possible. Just call the FBI identity and history summary customer care number and it will be changed for you.

Thanks @Feygbe, I appreciate. I will get their mobile nos and call to have it changed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2018
DadR:
Just for knowledge sake, if one puts spouse's work experience which doesn't attract any points, will IRCC still ask for reference letter knowing fully well that they won't award any points?

Regards,

I think they will ask once it’s mentioned in work history. I was also advised to leave as “No work” under Spouse but to include in personal history once ITA comes. I did and it didn’t affect our score.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tamad101(f): 9:19am On Jan 05, 2018
Hello house, Please is it possible to claim 3yrs work experience with 2 jobs under one NOC. That is, using my NYSC (one year) work experience and the job (2yrs) I do now under NOC 1241? Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loffloff: 9:32am On Jan 05, 2018
DadR:

Regards,

They will!! I think it's better you leave it out if you don't won't to go through that stress

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tolz451: 10:02am On Jan 05, 2018
Yes, you can have a different delivery address.

All the best!

Loffloff:
Please can I request my UK police clearance certificate be posted to another address different from the address on my proof of address? The reason is because I have moved houses and requesting the bank to change my address has bin a bit difficult for me(long story) . I moved from Abeokuta to lagos. Any suggestion will be appreciated. The address on the documents on my proof of address is an Abeokuta address and I want to request that it should be delivered to lagos
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ojasope1: 10:24am On Jan 05, 2018
Elders pls help my colleague put mouth for this.

Good day E-family

I want to ask some questions for a colleague who is worried about his past condition. When we did the calculation together, his CRS is 454 together with his spouse
The question is PCC related, his predicament goes thus:
He applied for a South African Visit Visa in 2005-2006 with his real name, his application was rejected, the first application was with his real age, He then did another passport with an increased age with different name(though were his other name and his mother maiden name as surname) and got the visa.
When he went to SA, he was convicted for fraud spent 6months in prison and deported home, When he came back 2007 he turned new leaf, went to school, took up a legit job after graduation and worked till date
He doesn't have possession of the old passports with either name
Meanwhile his finger print were taken in SA when he went to prison.
1. Would he need to get PCC from SA considering its a different name ?

2. Should he be silent about it during the application for the EE?

3 is there any stage during the EE application that he needs to send his finger print to CIC?

4. If he decide to be silent about it, would CIC know he ever live in South Africa?

Gurus, I told him all these questions are beyond my knowledge, I also a newbie just learning the rope but promised to help him ask and research, pls your contributions is needed

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caseynewnn: 10:34am On Jan 05, 2018
feygbe,pls check your mail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tolz451: 11:05am On Jan 05, 2018
Good Morning everyone,

Please I've got something I'd want clarity on.

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:
• the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
• any pages with stamps, visas or markings.
"

All my travelings were between 2010 to 2013 and the passport has expired (infact missing) but i have scanned copies of the Data page, stamps, markings and visas.

Please should i upload them all with the data page of previous passport?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by noblealuu: 11:07am On Jan 05, 2018
Please all, I urgently need a contact at Port Harcourt immigration office for Intl Passport processing. I need it for someone pls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
Tamad101:
Hello house, Please is it possible to claim 3yrs work experience with 2 jobs under one NOC. That is, using my NYSC (one year) work experience and the job (2yrs) I do now under NOC 1241? Thank you
Yes, totally fine. You don't have to have just one employer. We've had cases of those who even combined different NOCs.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jergins: 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2018
Please i need assistance, how do i process ICAN transcript. their site doesnt provide enough details.

Has anyone done that before for WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Toy002: 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hamiltondreamer:

Hi congratulations in advance. Am 80% certain that it's a bio data request which means ppr is next . If you try to open it tomorrow and it doesn't work, you should raise a cse and call cic. They would resend the document again.

Amen and Thank you.

I will raise CSE and send them a mail today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Toy002: 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2018
gorgebaby:
Hi Toy002

I had the same experience and tried all the suggested methods, but in futility. What I found online and worked for me was to change the settings on my Chrome internet browser. Click on Settings >>>> Advanced >>>> Content Settings >>>> PDF Documents. At PDF Documents, enable the 'Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them' button. Go back to click on the Canada ADR link again, this time it will download the file and you can open from your download folder, the content should be visible then.

Let me know if this works for you.

PS. There may be variations in how the words are described on your own browser, but use the closest.

All the best!

I tried this just now and it didn't work too. sad

Thanks for your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MRSDA: 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hello everyone!

Happy New year!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tamad101(f): 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
Thank you @Kontagious. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dfanz: 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2018
ITA 19th April
AOR 20th Jun
Meds Passed 13th July
Appl refused 28th Aug (refused for NOC mismatch)
CSE raised 29th Aug
App reopened 28th Sept
PPR 3rd November
Passport Sent 4th Nov
App approved 19th Dec
COPR received 22nd Dec

When I started the process, I only read what was required off the CIC website. I had no idea of documents required till after ITA when I got my personalized checklist. This thread is very helpful, if I had discovered it earlier, I would have made a better application.

My work experience spanned 4 NOCs and over 10years. The NOC I based my application on did not have a good match with the employment letter I submitted hence the refusal. I raised a CSE appealing for reconsideration and my application was reopened. However, I believe that my work experience in it's entirety was considered in reopening my application (not just the nominated NOC). I have experience in 4 NOCs, 2 of which are C occupations and did not add to my application. I obtained employment letters from all past employers including jobs from more than 10yrs ago. Since my employment history was clear and showed my career growth, it is my opinion that this helped the VO decide to reopen my application.

For POF, I tendered my Tbills certificate with my SOA. There was no lump sum deposit. I did not do any reference letters at all.

For a previous visa denial, I did not submit schedule A upfront. It was requested later about the same time I passed medicals. Also, I did not give reason for my refusal nor did I attach the refusal letter.

I had a UK visa denial, my application was processed in Ottawa. There has been a debate on which applications end up in London. I don't think there is any rule to this. Everyone cannot be processed in Ottawa. Applications are distributed to visa offices based on country of residence of the PA. Nigerian residents have been known to be processed in Accra and London.

I think the best we can do is to submit a truthful and transparent application to withstand any scrutiny and hope for the best. While VOs have rules to guide them, these rules are still subject to the VOs judgement. Remember what worked for Tom might not work for Harry.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 1:38pm On Jan 05, 2018
Nice one and congratulations...
Please where is your country of residence?

dfanz:
ITA 19th April
AOR 20th Jun
Meds Passed 13th July
CSE raised 29th Aug
App reopened 28th Sept
PPR 3rd November
Passport Sent 4th Nov
App approved 19th Dec
COPR received 22nd Dec

I had a UK visa denial, my application was processed in Ottawa. There has been a debate on which applications end up in London. I don't think there is any rule to this. Everyone cannot be processed in Ottawa. Applications are distributed to visa offices based on country of residence of the PA. Nigerian residents have been known to be processed in Accra and London.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dfanz: 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2018
I am a Nigerian in Nigeria.

smslive2:
Nice one and congratulations...
Please where is your country of residence?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
Congrats dfanz. Nice of you to provide your timeline and elaborate further. We don't get to read a lot of refusal stories. If you don't mind,
can you provide more details on why you had an NOC mismatch? It might be helping someone make a right decision. Thanks.
dfanz:
ITA 19th April
AOR 20th Jun
Meds Passed 13th July
CSE raised 29th Aug
App reopened 28th Sept
PPR 3rd November
Passport Sent 4th Nov
App approved 19th Dec
COPR received 22nd Dec

My work experience spanned 4 NOCs and over 10years. The NOC I based my application on did not have a good match with the employment letter I submitted hence the refusal. I raised a CSE appealing for reconsideration and my application was reopened. However, I believe that my work experience in it's entirety was considered in reopening my application (not just the nominated NOC). I have experience in 4 NOCs, 2 of which are C occupations and did not add to my application. I obtained employment letters from all past employers including jobs from more than 10yrs ago. Since my employment history was clear and showed my career growth, it is my opinion that this helped the VO decide to reopen my application.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
Let me start by appreciating the frontiers and conveners of this thread. You guys are doing a very great job...kudos.

I'm very interested in this program, and I'm just getting to join this thread.

Pls I will like to know the processes involve the PPR, the requirements and what I needed to do to start.

Thank you...2018 is a year of breakthrough.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 2:04pm On Jan 05, 2018
Welcome Davygolden to the DIY thread. We are happy to meet you. You can get all the info you need from page 0. Start from there and when you have done a good amount of reading, you can seek for any clarification you need. Happy reading.
Davygolden:
Let me start by appreciating the frontiers and conveners of this thread. You guys are doing a very great job...kudos.

I'm very interested in this program, and I'm just getting to join this thread.

Pls I will like to know the processes involve the PPR, the requirements and what I needed to do to start.

Thank you...2018 is a year of breakthrough.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by johnson11(m): 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2018
hh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
Damelin offers Higher Education so i dont think that should be a problem... #My1Kobo

johnson11:
Hi Guys- this is my first post on this thread. I have some few questions regarding qualification. I am 34 with a degree . My CRS is hovering around 395 and i need an extra qualification to boast it. I have exhausted all other means

My questions are:

Will WEC/ IRCC accept a year certificate from Damelin or other colleges in South Africa ( i'm based in SA) if i decided to take the course in SA?

Please guys any advise will be highly appreciated now. i am confused on what to do!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dfanz: 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hi Newmum0615, the employment letter simply did not match adequately to satisfy the VO. The reason I nominated that NOC in the first place is because I thought I would have to work in that occupation as a PR as it is a more transferable occupation. Now I understand the process better, I would simply nominate another NOC if I were to do it again.

Newmum0615:
Congrats dfanz. Nice of you to provide your timeline and elaborate further. We don't get to read a lot of refusal stories. If you don't mind,
can you provide more details on why you had an NOC mismatch? It might be helping someone make a right decision. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.